Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smittin
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins, 3/14/12 started JUDDD
Start Date: 03/13/2012
UP Question

Hello, I'm on day 8 of JUDDD. .The down days are getting easier. according to the calorie calculator the JUDDD website, I should have about 2100 calories on my up days. I haven't been able to obtain that yet, without going off low carb, and when I go off low carb, I don't feel so great. I do it once a week or so, but I don't want to go off low carb every up day. How do I get enough calories on up days and stay low carb? Can you give me menu suggestions?
smittin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
There are a couple of theories about UD calories. Dr. J says you don't have to eat them all. Some of us have found that we lose better if we do, so it's a YMMV thing. You could try eating just until satisfied and not worry about getting to your UD limit, or you could try adding good healthy fats and proteins. Nuts, nut butters, butter, coconut oil, etc.

I have no problem getting to mine, but I eat anything and everything. If I'm still not there, I have wine.

ETA: How could I forget avocados???

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smittin
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins, 3/14/12 started JUDDD
Start Date: 03/13/2012
Thanks Dawn!
smittin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Yep, Dawn nailed it. A lot of the good LC foods are rather high calorie actually.

For my good LC UDs, I plan backwards from dinner. You and I are at the same amount of calories

So, say for Dinner I know I'm going to have a steak-- dunno about you, but I can eat a pretty big steak!

14oz of sirloin or rib steak is a good chunk of calories (There's a ton of calorie trackers. calorieking is a good site for just looking stuff up).

Anyway-- fatty beef is about 100cal per ounce... so a big steak is from 1000-1600 calories, depending on the cut.

After that, life is easy-- 3 eggs (large are about 74cal per egg)-- 3 is about 222, plus some fat for cooking.

olive oil, bacon fat, butter-- all very high cal-- 100-120cal about per tablespoon (so a teaspoon is about 30 cal or so)

cheese is about 100cal per ounce (so a slice of cheddar say)

a can of drained tuna (in water or broth)-- I think is around 200 cal

mayo-- regular, about 90-100 per Tablespoon

for lunch, sometimes I like a bag of plain pork rinds, dipped into tuna salad made with tuna a mayo and some spices.

cauliiflower is pretty low cal and low carb-- so it's great on up and down days But on up days, you can nuke it till its super soft, and then cream it with some cream cheese, butter, and a bit of garlic!

Hopefully this gives you some ideas?

wine is about 120 cal for 5oz, and not too bad in carbs

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I often use, Johnsonville brats, one link is 260 cal all by its self! So 2 links is 520 cal gone and not too filling! Its 270 for one that has chesse in it.. Also peanutbutter, 190 for 2 tablespoons. I often eat to full all day then what ever calories im missing at end of day i will make up with skippy natural for the rest of what i need with out being over full feeling. best of luck hun~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote