Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Uh-Oh

I guess you could say I got a visit from the ANTI-Whoosh fairy. You know, like the wicked witch is the opposite of the good witch?

This morning my scale bounced up big time. Over 5 pounds. This is scary.

I'm thinking that maybe because I've been lazy and have not been to the gym for a long time my metabolism is slowing down. I had an UD on Tuesday and the scale stayed pretty much the same yesterday.

Yesterday's DD turned into a MD and I had a pretty big dinner. I really need to grab myself by the scruff of the neck and get control of this. I hope I can get most of this bounce wiped away by tomorrow. If not, I'm definitely going to worry that it's a real gain of fat showing up and not just water.

Wondering if I should change my stats to reflect the extra 5 pounds. Will that motivate me or discourage me?? I sure didn't want to be over 190 again. And I don't even have a vacation excuse for this bounce.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
It's just water I had the same thing happen after eating ham! My calories were in check, and low-carbs, but that danged ham got me lol. It took 2 days for it to go away, and drinking lots of water (with lemon) but it did go away
Hang tough!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
You already know, in your heart of hearts, that a 5 pound bounce overnight is NOT true fat gain. Wait it out and it will go back down. Just make sure you're doing good rotations, and trust the process. I know, easier said than done.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I did the same over the weekend my dear.. I started with just one cup of popcorn on a dd and as you know i never eat on a downday.. well 6 Cups later i was full and then the next day i ate all sorts of forbidden foods ( ya know i go lower carb no sugar) well the deserts were yummy!! And with out a care in the world i ate many of them.. So needless to say.. my scale jumped up too.. but i know its only water ..Well that and like tons of poo I have a shy bladder and a shy you know what.. i thought it was the traveling, all the sittng that does it.. but we camped only half hour away from our home so.. its just shy i guess So YamYAM Dont worry about it.. you enjoyed the time.. think of this as a break.. You will back on target in no time at all and working out like a fool !! .. Relax and enjoy your sucess you have had
:
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Sounds like your body is retaining water Yam-Yam. I always find August the most difficult month to diet and exercise and then somehow in September I get my motivation back. It just seems easier to get back into healthy routines like getting back to the gym. Not sure if you find the same thing. It almost feels like the start of a new year. Otherwise I totally agree with Dawn.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Sheesh. Just re-read my post and realized I don't even know what day it is or was! I must still be in vacation mode.

I meant that Monday was an UD. This is Wednesday, right?

So, Kimberly changed her stats up. Should I change mine or leave them alone? Or maybe wait a day or two and then decide.

I just looked at my profile in the mirror and man, my belly is bloated. It's been a long time since I've had a monthly cycle, but I sure feel like I'm PMSing today!!! What's up with that?????
Old 08-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I am in the same place. I was away for the weekend so couldn't weigh but was outside a lot and exercised and kept to rotations but had some alcohol and popcorn and ham and voila - was up 5 pounds when I weighed on Tuesday. Even after walking over 7 miles on Sunday with only 250 calories to fuel me. Sooo frustrating. Lost 2 of the 5 since yesterday's good DD but still up 3 over my pre-weekend low. Hoping it is just water too and not a more sinister cousin, fat. I was really, really hoping for some good scale news when I returned too and was totally demoralized by that stupid scale. Grrrrr
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
I am in the same place. I was away for the weekend so couldn't weigh but was outside a lot and exercised and kept to rotations but had some alcohol and popcorn and ham and voila - was up 5 pounds when I weighed on Tuesday. Even after walking over 7 miles on Sunday with only 250 calories to fuel me. Sooo frustrating. Lost 2 of the 5 since yesterday's good DD but still up 3 over my pre-weekend low. Hoping it is just water too and not a more sinister cousin, fat. I was really, really hoping for some good scale news when I returned too and was totally demoralized by that stupid scale. Grrrrr

T.J. That's the word! Demoralized. That's how I feel today.

Babsbabs: You may be right about the time of year. Last year I got motivated in August. But, that was after a free-for-all summer of just over-eating everything and anything and not exercising. This year I feel kind of demotivated (and today demoralized).

I planned to maintain in August. Not GAIN. Bummer.

Kimberly: Popcorn always gets me too. I have not had any though. So, I can't blame it on popcorn. No potato chips or any thing like that really. I did have spaghetti with whole wheat noodles and coleslaw for dinner last night. Then right before bed I had a big bowl of shredded wheat. I felt hungry and that's what sounded good to me so I ate it, though I should not have.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Yam Yam, I also think you have had several restaurant meals lately. I know they use more salt than we would normally use.

Then we get to the soda in the water - which I thought about trying today, too, but am very sensitive to salt. However, your sister's results show a different story! PJ seems to be fine with the baking powder, too. Maybe just drink lots of lemon water......

We don't want you to feel "demoralized" at all!

Hugs
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #10

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Re: adjusting your stats ~ I wouldn't. It'll be back down before you know it. I always keep my low in my stats, even when I bounce after an UD, my stats show the lowest weight. It may just be me, but that helps me to stay motivated to see that low again.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Water, water, water sounds like the plan. Here's hoping for a speedy (and huge) whoosh! Who knows, maybe the whoosh fairy will take a few extra lbs with her for good measure?
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Yam Yam, I also think you have had several restaurant meals lately. I know they use more salt than we would normally use.

Then we get to the soda in the water - which I thought about trying today, too, but am very sensitive to salt. However, your sister's results show a different story! PJ seems to be fine with the baking powder, too. Maybe just drink lots of lemon water......

We don't want you to feel "demoralized" at all!

Hugs
SB: You may be right about the restaurant meals. I hadn't thought about the salt content there. My sis isn't doing baking soda. She gets alkaline water from her doctor and also has the wand and just bought an alkaline filter pitcher.

I just did half a teaspoon of baking soda in my water with a TBL of liquid chlorophyll and a quarter of a lemon squeezed in. It seems to keep my appetite at bay and I really need this to be a good DD. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Re: adjusting your stats ~ I wouldn't. It'll be back down before you know it. I always keep my low in my stats, even when I bounce after an UD, my stats show the lowest weight. It may just be me, but that helps me to stay motivated to see that low again.
I'll do that, Dawn! Just leave them and get back there, quick! I think I need to take Kissa's advice and relax & rotate and let what I know works, work, right? I'm trying not to feel stressful about this, but I can't seem to shut my mind off right now from thinking and fretting about it. I'm sort of devising a plan to maybe start combining the Attack phase of Dukan with JUDD but I'm not sure if I could stick with it this upcoming weekend.

We have plans for several outings including some meals in restaurants with friends Friday and Saturday and DH also wants to go to the movies this weekend. Usually when we go to a movie I make sure it's an UD so I can have some of his popcorn because he just won't see a movie without a big bucket of it and I'm too tempted to resist even if I bring my own healthier snacks.

I think I should do some chores and some organizing because I know being stressed about this is going to make it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Water, water, water sounds like the plan. Here's hoping for a speedy (and huge) whoosh! Who knows, maybe the whoosh fairy will take a few extra lbs with her for good measure?
T.J.: Wouldn't that be great! Maybe by Monday I can be posting wome Woo-Hoos instead of today's Boo-Hoos, huh? Definitely gonna be chugging down the water today and maybe some green tea as well.

I have hard boiled eggs and some leftover chicken breast in case I get hungry. Protein usually keeps me satiated but I'm going to try to go as long as I can today with little to no calories.

Thanks for the help, my Budds. You are all just the BEST!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Yam yam, it could have been not only eating the shredded wheat, but eating it late at night! Eating anything after 8pm or so gives me a bad weigh in the next morning.

I also believe most of what you're seeing, if not all, is water, and it will fall back off in a few days.

I too keep my lows in my stats.

Now I have to address popcorn. I love popcorn more than anything in the world. Popcorn is the fruit of the Gods. I had it for dinner almost every night in grad school, sprinkled with Parmesan. So, for me, seeing a movie without popcorn is sacrilege.

But would you believe I have found a workable substitute? It's true.

Trader Joe's Rosted seaweed snacks. Or the Costco brand. Any brand! A whole package is 60 cals. Sometimes I bring 2. It takes a nice long time to eat them, and they're nice and salty, too. And I have to tell you, I don't like fishy things, except, well, fish itself. I don't even like the seaweed wrapped around sushi rolls. But these things? They're sesame flavored, and while an acquired taste for some, they were instantly delicious to me, and completely addictive.

I'm still scared to eat popcorn, even on an UD. Probably once I'm at goal.

And that's a wrap on my two cents.

Last edited by buttah; 08-22-2012 at 11:36 AM..
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #14

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Truly Yam-Yam, you know you simply have to trust JUDDD.

You have had a wonderful vacation and are still living life to the full. I think you and I have similar lives, and very lucky we are too. But eating out, with friends and in restaurants, takes careful planning. Sometimes we have to rein ourselves in somewhere.

Drink the water and follow the rotations, you know it is possible to eat our on a DD with careful planning. And, dare I add...........

(One cinema visit without DH's popcorn really can be done.)
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I hate when that happens! No advice, just Sometimes it takes a few days for me to normalize...when my body holds water, it doesn't want to let it go!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/224.2/140
Start Date: JUDDD REstart 05/09/14 at 232.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I guess you could say I got a visit from the ANTI-Whoosh fairy. You know, like the wicked witch is the opposite of the good witch?

This morning my scale bounced up big time. Over 5 pounds. This is scary.

I had the same thing happen last week, after a totally in-bounds UD that included sushi. It took three days for the water to go away, and I'm noticing that this summer I have been retaining fluid much more than I am used to. I figure it's the heat. And not drinking enough water.

I also notice that I retain less when I'm exercising regularly, and I haven't been on the treadmill in a week, so...

However, I've already decided that if that's going to be the result when I eat sushi, I'm just going to live with it. I love sushi.
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Yam, first, everything everybody said.

Next, it makes me laugh that you had pasta and then shredded wheat. I can eat chocolate, I can eat ice cream, I can suck sugar straight from a bag of Skittles, and nothing, nothing will make my weight jump like wheat.

If I'd eaten whole wheat pasta and shredded wheat and ONLY gained five pounds - of water, by the way - I'd be singing something happy on the NSV thread.

You are the best. Some day I'm gonna be just like you (and Cindy, and Dawn, and Beverly, and Soren, and Nilla Killa, etc., etc.)

Some days I think that "relax and rotate" thing should be tattooed on our foreheads.

Last edited by Joyjoy; 08-22-2012 at 12:04 PM..
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Did you eat 17,500 extra calories yesterday? If so, I think you can be pretty sure that almost all of it is water

Hang tight! I know how I react when I see bounces like that too. I flip out. So it's easy for me to say.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Oh honey, been there, am still there, and trying not to do that my own self! Now a full month of stall after losing the first week, I am looking at the scale with a jaundiced eye. When you've worked soooooo hard to make that damned number move down, it can feel like the end of the world to see it going up again. It's funny--for many years, even at my highest weights, I never had the kind of stress about my body that I've developed in the process of losing it. My whole deal is "you're fine and worthy whatever the scale or the mirror says" and I worked very hard in my 20s to arrive at that peaceful place. There's a fair amount of research that concludes that the process of dieting CREATES eating disorders and dysfunction in people who never had those issues before in their lives (wrestlers who have to make weight class ended up in the same boat as anorexic teenage girls).

I for one don't want to swap peace in my own skin for anything--not even skinny jeans or skinny genes. I lived far too long without it, and I've hated revisiting that place even as the scale showed "success". I don't want my self-worth to be connected to any external measures at all, I want it to be a given, unchallenged by the inevitable ups and downs of all of life.

What if that scale number is just....a number. Like 3.14? like .08? Like 7,008? And we can look at it and say, hey look-- a number; nothing at all to do with my worth as a human being on this planet, just some feedback from the unfathomably complex workings of a human body, who knows what's really behind it? Because when we get the idea that the number equals "being bad" or "cheating" or "sinfully delicious", that's where all the trouble begins. Because if the numbers are bad, then WE are bad. And way deep down in the healthy part of my soul, I know I'm not bad--and neither are you, dear Yam-Yam, or any of us here. So I'm saying to you what I'm saying to myself: you are a good, beautiful, perfect-as-you-are child of the universe, and there's not one thing about yourself you need to change to be worthy and loveable!
--patty

I'm trying not to feel stressful about this, but I can't seem to shut my mind off right now from thinking and fretting about it. I'm sort of devising a plan to maybe start combining the Attack phase of Dukan with JUDD but I'm not sure if I could stick with it this upcoming weekend.

I think I should do some chores and some organizing because I know being stressed about this is going to make it worse.
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Patty,
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Patty: What a wonderful post! Thank you for that. It's been a few years since I have felt comfortable and healthy in my own skin and I'm finally feeling it this year. I guess I just have days like today when I think, oh, I knew this would happen. Now I'm going to gain it all back and quickly. But I really need to relax and take your advice today. It's just a number. It's not me.

I've had big bounces before. but they are usually after a vacation or a weekend of UUAADs. This is one I didn't feel I deserved. It could be anything though. Like Seabreezes said so well and reminded me, it could be salty restaurant food. Whatever it is, I just need to deal with it and not let the scale judge me.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Did you eat 17,500 extra calories yesterday? If so, I think you can be pretty sure that almost all of it is water

Hang tight! I know how I react when I see bounces like that too. I flip out. So it's easy for me to say.
17,500 extra calories Thanks for that. You are right of course. My mantra today will be itsjustwaterweightitsjustwaterweight...uh-ooooom.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I changed mine... not to my highest after my trip, but to what it was after a DD (and I never weigh, or at least record the weight after a UD or even MD)

yam, you rock and you know it. Drink drink drink your water and have a good DD and you'll be where you want to be in no time!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
wow Yam yam, its so funny to see how we are all so a like!!

I have found myself in the same spot you are in now. I have gone on vacation came back and I am trying to lose the weight, but then I see myself surrounded with events and friends dinners and boy its a challenge to lose the darn vacation weight, just like your upcoming events for this weekend. Like you want to be good and lose that 5 lbs but your affraid you will regain it!!! soo frustrating....

Then to make matters worse I will have a uuaawd and gain like 3 lbs over night on top of the vacation wt! I can completely relate. I have been cycling the same darn 5 ibs now for at least 6 weeks. I am on the wagon then jump off the wagon...so frustrating. I just want to delare that I have been on the wagon now for a few days and finally got rid of that darn 5 lbs. Now I better stay on course and keep moving downward and start tackaling my vacation wt! My shorts are soo tight, not fun!!Judd is soo forgiving. You will get there just don't give up! even if it takes a while.

Great post Patty!!

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!

Last edited by cuttie99; 08-22-2012 at 02:24 PM..
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Yam yam, it could have been not only eating the shredded wheat, but eating it late at night! Eating anything after 8pm or so gives me a bad weigh in the next morning.

I also believe most of what you're seeing, if not all, is water, and it will fall back off in a few days.

I too keep my lows in my stats.

Now I have to address popcorn. I love popcorn more than anything in the world. Popcorn is the fruit of the Gods. I had it for dinner almost every night in grad school, sprinkled with Parmesan. So, for me, seeing a movie without popcorn is sacrilege.

But would you believe I have found a workable substitute? It's true.

Trader Joe's Rosted seaweed snacks. Or the Costco brand. Any brand! A whole package is 60 cals. Sometimes I bring 2. It takes a nice long time to eat them, and they're nice and salty, too. And I have to tell you, I don't like fishy things, except, well, fish itself. I don't even like the seaweed wrapped around sushi rolls. But these things? They're sesame flavored, and while an acquired taste for some, they were instantly delicious to me, and completely addictive.

I'm still scared to eat popcorn, even on an UD. Probably once I'm at goal.

And that's a wrap on my two cents.

Buttah- I eat the seaweed snacks too and I love them. My entire family thinks I am crazy for eating them but I really like them. I have a bit of a potato chip addiction thing and the seaweed snacks are salty and a little crisp and I feel like I have had a treat.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I changed my stats to a new start weight, and am updating progress from there. For some reason that feels fresh and new to me, so I'm not carrying the "but I already lost that" vibe around. Helped my outlook.
With you dear heart, that spike my weight made my first down day back just about gave me a heart attack, but it is gone now a week later, guess I survived and IF still is magical.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Buttah- I eat the seaweed snacks too and I love them. My entire family thinks I am crazy for eating them but I really like them. I have a bit of a potato chip addiction thing and the seaweed snacks are salty and a little crisp and I feel like I have had a treat.

Yes! Exactly! I feel fortunate that I love them (and certainly didn't expect to - my son's been eating them forever. If I only had known earlier!).

I now think everyone should give them a try.
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
T.J. That's the word! Demoralized. That's how I feel today.

Babsbabs: You may be right about the time of year. Last year I got motivated in August. But, that was after a free-for-all summer of just over-eating everything and anything and not exercising. This year I feel kind of demotivated (and today demoralized).

I planned to maintain in August. Not GAIN. Bummer.

Kimberly: Popcorn always gets me too. I have not had any though. So, I can't blame it on popcorn. No potato chips or any thing like that really. I did have spaghetti with whole wheat noodles and coleslaw for dinner last night. Then right before bed I had a big bowl of shredded wheat. I felt hungry and that's what sounded good to me so I ate it, though I should not have.
Hey sweetpea.. I changed mine cuz i need to see it.. i need the disapline to get back to working it harder.. so for me.. to change that number is just one more mental challange.. got to own it!!! lol AND i know that JUDD will take me back where i belong So you hang tight.. do what make you happy.. We all know its water.. But i need to hold my self accountable that why i did it~
Old 08-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
Oh honey, been there, am still there, and trying not to do that my own self! Now a full month of stall after losing the first week, I am looking at the scale with a jaundiced eye. When you've worked soooooo hard to make that damned number move down, it can feel like the end of the world to see it going up again. It's funny--for many years, even at my highest weights, I never had the kind of stress about my body that I've developed in the process of losing it. My whole deal is "you're fine and worthy whatever the scale or the mirror says" and I worked very hard in my 20s to arrive at that peaceful place. There's a fair amount of research that concludes that the process of dieting CREATES eating disorders and dysfunction in people who never had those issues before in their lives (wrestlers who have to make weight class ended up in the same boat as anorexic teenage girls).

I for one don't want to swap peace in my own skin for anything--not even skinny jeans or skinny genes. I lived far too long without it, and I've hated revisiting that place even as the scale showed "success". I don't want my self-worth to be connected to any external measures at all, I want it to be a given, unchallenged by the inevitable ups and downs of all of life.

What if that scale number is just....a number. Like 3.14? like .08? Like 7,008? And we can look at it and say, hey look-- a number; nothing at all to do with my worth as a human being on this planet, just some feedback from the unfathomably complex workings of a human body, who knows what's really behind it? Because when we get the idea that the number equals "being bad" or "cheating" or "sinfully delicious", that's where all the trouble begins. Because if the numbers are bad, then WE are bad. And way deep down in the healthy part of my soul, I know I'm not bad--and neither are you, dear Yam-Yam, or any of us here. So I'm saying to you what I'm saying to myself: you are a good, beautiful, perfect-as-you-are child of the universe, and there's not one thing about yourself you need to change to be worthy and loveable!
--patty

I'm trying not to feel stressful about this, but I can't seem to shut my mind off right now from thinking and fretting about it. I'm sort of devising a plan to maybe start combining the Attack phase of Dukan with JUDD but I'm not sure if I could stick with it this upcoming weekend.

Wow patty, such insight and wisdom~
Old 08-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Did you eat 17,500 extra calories yesterday?
Stepanie, have I mentioned lately how glad I am you found JUDDD and joined us here?

Yam-Yam, Divine, Cuttie!!!

Yam-Yam, you shriek with horror all you want. Then repeat, All is not lost, one bounce does not a trend a make.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote