Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
You peeps are all so great and I love every one of you!

I finally took time to watch the Michael Mosley film today and, WOW! It is motivating and it's just what I needed to see/hear today to keep me on course.

Everyone here should watch it. It is definitely worthy of our time. About 3/4 way into the video he goes to a research center in Chicago where they are doing studies on people, researching Alternate Day Fasting. The test subjects do ADF which is exactly the same as JUDD for 6 months.

Their results are stunning! Not only weight loss, but blood tests, brain health, it's all here. It's all amazing.

I saw the reference to this on another JUDD thread but only got around to looking at it today. You will be so glad if you watch it!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I went to the library & got Dr Young's "PH miracle" book on diabetes...just flipped through it, and saw a mention of how "being alkaline" helps get rid of water retention.

So maybe the alkalinity of the baking soda won't cause water retention, in spite of the sodium.

I've been using at least 2 tsp of baking soda the last week or so, and haven't experienced any puffiness.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post

What if that scale number is just....a number. Like 3.14? like .08? Like 7,008? And we can look at it and say, hey look-- a number; nothing at all to do with my worth as a human being on this planet, just some feedback from the unfathomably complex workings of a human body, who knows what's really behind it? Because when we get the idea that the number equals "being bad" or "cheating" or "sinfully delicious", that's where all the trouble begins. Because if the numbers are bad, then WE are bad. And way deep down in the healthy part of my soul, I know I'm not bad--and neither are you, dear Yam-Yam, or any of us here. So I'm saying to you what I'm saying to myself: you are a good, beautiful, perfect-as-you-are child of the universe, and there's not one thing about yourself you need to change to be worthy and loveable!
--patty
this is just *beautiful*, Patty!

Yam-Yam ... I vote keep your stats! We can all relate, I think, to the unpleasant shock and discouraging aftereffect of seeing an unexpected up number on the scale, but keep in mind there are soooo many things could cause it. I bet a rotation or two will fix this! I'm starting to love that British motto they were showing during the Olympics: keep calm and carry on.
calichris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Yam-Yam, you're the best. You encourage everyone all the time. You made me feel welcome. No number can change that. Instead, that number will change when your body decides to let go of that water. It was the wheat and some weird combination. It's not you.

Love you.
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10

and to Patty too!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbchris View Post
this is just *beautiful*, Patty!

Yam-Yam ... I vote keep your stats! We can all relate, I think, to the unpleasant shock and discouraging aftereffect of seeing an unexpected up number on the scale, but keep in mind there are soooo many things could cause it. I bet a rotation or two will fix this! I'm starting to love that British motto they were showing during the Olympics: keep calm and carry on.
What a great saying and one I shall adopt starting today. Keep calm and carry on. Thanks for that. I'm going to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
Yam-Yam, you're the best. You encourage everyone all the time. You made me feel welcome. No number can change that. Instead, that number will change when your body decides to let go of that water. It was the wheat and some weird combination. It's not you.

Love you.
Big hugs, Marie. The scale was only down a pound this morning and I was, of course, bummed. I thought after such a good DD yesterday I would see a whoosh of the water flushing away. I did stress out a lot all day yesterday. Never could turn my brain off. I'm going to quit that today per Christina's advice and yours and everyone here who has been so encouraging to me.

It helps to know many others have felt this way. I'm going into the weekend with the mindset that I'm going to have to be super careful when we eat out and I'm not having any of DH's popcorn at the movies.

BTW: Cindy, I have done it before, so I know it can be done! I have cut up celery, green peppers and carrots and taken them in a zip lock bag. The crunchiness kept my mind off the evil popcorn. One time I popped some air popped corn and brought a bottle of ICBINB and sprayed that on it while watching the movie. That worked. One time I brought hard boiled egg whites and chicken breast slices. Protein keeps me happy and full.

This time I have a new weapon! I invited my BFF who has lost over 70 pounds in 3 years doing WW. She never eats anything in a movie theater. She brings lots of gum and also some WW coffee flavored lozenges to keep her mouth busy.

I have some sugar free cherry flavored cough drops in my purse. They make me forget about tempting foods and smells as well.

I just have to stay on track this weekend and do my rotations and count every calorie. By Monday, I want to see this awful 5 pound bounce GONE!!

It just makes me feel so bad about myself. Maybe that's good in a way. Reason being, if I just have a so what attitude I probably won't do anything to make sure I get rid of it.

I'm going to go to the pool today for some water aerobics. Should be good therapy.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Water aerobics are my favorites. I always feel good about myself if I have bounced around and stretched in the pool for an hour or more. Do you use water weights? They are really great for toning - just like real weights at the gym.

Have a fun day!

Hugs
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Water aerobics are my favorites. I always feel good about myself if I have bounced around and stretched in the pool for an hour or more. Do you use water weights? They are really great for toning - just like real weights at the gym.

Have a fun day!

Hugs
You are so right! I'm feelin' good. It's so refreshing. And, yes, I use water weights. DH bought them for me for my birthday in 2011 and I really, really like them.

T_WithZoom.jpg
Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
What a great saying and one I shall adopt starting today. Keep calm and carry on. Thanks for that. I'm going to do it.

Big hugs, Marie. The scale was only down a pound this morning and I was, of course, bummed. I thought after such a good DD yesterday I would see a whoosh of the water flushing away. I did stress out a lot all day yesterday. Never could turn my brain off. I'm going to quit that today per Christina's advice and yours and everyone here who has been so encouraging to me.

It helps to know many others have felt this way. I'm going into the weekend with the mindset that I'm going to have to be super careful when we eat out and I'm not having any of DH's popcorn at the movies.

BTW: Cindy, I have done it before, so I know it can be done! I have cut up celery, green peppers and carrots and taken them in a zip lock bag. The crunchiness kept my mind off the evil popcorn. One time I popped some air popped corn and brought a bottle of ICBINB and sprayed that on it while watching the movie. That worked. One time I brought hard boiled egg whites and chicken breast slices. Protein keeps me happy and full.

This time I have a new weapon! I invited my BFF who has lost over 70 pounds in 3 years doing WW. She never eats anything in a movie theater. She brings lots of gum and also some WW coffee flavored lozenges to keep her mouth busy.

I have some sugar free cherry flavored cough drops in my purse. They make me forget about tempting foods and smells as well.

I just have to stay on track this weekend and do my rotations and count every calorie. By Monday, I want to see this awful 5 pound bounce GONE!!

It just makes me feel so bad about myself. Maybe that's good in a way. Reason being, if I just have a so what attitude I probably won't do anything to make sure I get rid of it.

I'm going to go to the pool today for some water aerobics. Should be good therapy.
Yes, this eating in the cinema is a newish thing for us in the UK. Used to be we may have a little snack to share but now we are like the States and they make as much, if not more, money selling obscene buckets of popcorn and expensive sodas. And the rest.

I know you will do fine, and interestingly I think you are right it is often the smell of these things that is our undoing.

Bet you feel great after your water aerobics class.

Next week this will all be just a memory that you will put down to experience.

The "Keep Calm and Carry On" saying is a left over from WW2 when it was one of the country's favourite mottos. We now use all kinds of silly takes on it too, there are dozens of them.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 08-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindy: You mean like, "Conserve water. Shower with a friend?" Maybe that was just from the 1970's
Old 08-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #41

LOL, exactly!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Thought I would report that this has been an interesting day. Reason being, yesterday was a DD but as I said, I was bummed with scale results this morning. I was not hungry but had 40 calories of half and half in my coffee. Then just started drinking ice water.

I have a lot of projects and catching up around the house, not to mention packing for our weekend trip. I took some time this morning to go to the pool and do 30 minutes of water aerobics with weights. Very refreshing.

So, I stayed busy, busy, busy all day, got a lot accomplished and managed to step on the scale every now and then just to see if it was getting any better. Every time I stepped on it it went down a teensy bit.

Still not hungry so I made the decision (don't yell at me) to have another DD. I've thought about doing it before but never allowed myself because well, Ya gotta eat, right?

I just took a shower, dried off and stepped on the scale again. Usually after I take a shower the scale goes up. I think my skin absorbs lots of water. It was down.

So, from what the scale said this morning, I am as of a few minutes ago, post shower, down - 3 pounds. Obviously my body wanted to cling to that extra water all day yesterday and all night. Now I'm feeling some hope that even more of it will be gone by tomorrow morning.

I'm tempted to have a bullet-proof coffee because I'm dying to try the recipe I found. But, since I have been mostly on a water fast today I want to continue with this double DD experiment and see what happens. I can always eat tomorrow and I know this is not going to kill me. Also, I never have caffeine or coconut oil after noon or I can't sleep that night.

I'll try the BP coffee tomorrow.

Just wanted to share with you all how/what I'm up to!! I'll pop in tomorrow morning before we leave to update.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 08-23-2012 at 07:04 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

One more thing. I tried on clothes and took my measurements. I did it because I was really worried that maybe I've been gaining fat and the scale just had not caught up and all of a sudden did yesterday. You know, the anti-whoosh.

Well, My clothes still fit fine. Except for my smallest pair of jeans. They feel just a bit tight.

I have gained half an inch in my waist and half an inch in the measurement under my arm pits. It's been a long time since I've had a serious workout at my gym, so this does not surprise me.

At least now that the fluid retention is working itself out as the day goes on, I feel like if I did gain some real fat, it probably was not much and I can deal with it and get rid of it quickly.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy dance for you, Yam-Yam!

I don't think 2 DDs in a row are a bad thing, once in a while;
when newbies discuss doing it because they've been "bad" and had an UUAAD (or two...),
I discourage them, because there's no need to punish oneself on JUDDD...
but since you had energy, I bet you were burning fat!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, P.J.!! It's 6:09 p.m. here and I'm still full of energy so no harm, no foul. I'm heating up leftovers for DH. He is on the golf course right now. I'm lucky to be married to a guy who loves leftovers as long as it's my cooking. He is getting the yummiest leftover moist grilled chicken breast, sliced and simmered in gravy with mushrooms. Fresh steamed green beans and basmatti rice. For dessert it's cottage cheese with pineapple chunks. He will be a happy boy and I am not hungry! Whoop-DEE-DOO!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
So glad the evil contraption (must not utter its name or you give it power) is starting to cooperate with you! Here's hoping your double DD sets you on a good path.

I also think I may have resolved my mysterious 5 pound gain. Rushing to the bathroom all day and had a good DD. the scale tonight has me -3. Hoping tomorrow is even better.
TryingJudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 AM   #47

I think the odd two day fast is not a real problem once you understand JUDDD and its science.

I agree with PJ that Newbies should be discouraged from them however. JUDDD is not about good days and bad days, and we need to get used to the simplicity of its rhythms.

So pleased things are back on track for you.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
I think if you are having a day where you are just not very hungry then doing a second DD is fine. Doing it too often may upset the JUDDD "system" however, and that I can't comment on sorry to say. Also, I notice that if I weigh around 10am rather than earlier that I weigh less. I seldom lose all the weight from night before early in the day. Have to go through bathroom stuff and be awake for a bit I think. In fact, I seldom weigh two pounds less than when I go to bed night before. That ticks me off because I always thought two pounds was normal.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/200/180
Yam-Yam....You mentioned the SF cough drops, and I had a "Doh!" moment--I was trying to think of something that would keep me occupied longer than mints or gum usually does. The cough drops are absolutely BRILLIANT! Thank you, Thank you!!
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
So glad the evil contraption (must not utter its name or you give it power) is starting to cooperate with you! Here's hoping your double DD sets you on a good path.

I also think I may have resolved my mysterious 5 pound gain. Rushing to the bathroom all day and had a good DD. the scale tonight has me -3. Hoping tomorrow is even better.
T.J. Looks like you and I had the same kind of day yesterday as I was -3.

This morning's number is 4.2 down from the high. Not bad. So, I still have .8 to where I've gotten rid of the 5 pound bounce. I won't be able to step on the scale throughout the day as we will be driving. Hoping that like Suze I will weigh less as the day goes on. I usually don't check like that. But yesterday was me really wanting so see if it was fluid retention or fat.

OK, I have my suitcase all packed and just need to jump into a quick shower. I should be back Sunday sometime but will try and check in whenever/if I get a chance.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Sounds like the double DD was a winning strategy. - congrats! I am back to my low weight as of this morning having lost the mysterious 5 lb gain. At least you had a holiday to point to as a causal factor -- AND got to enjoy the ride up! Onwards and downwards!

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy all your days up or down!
TryingJudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yam- Yam you are such an inspiration to so many, including myself. You inform yourself (and us) about many health related issues. I think frequently about your post re: Hunger is not an emergency. I've always wondered about the occasional double DD (I like DD squared). You know your body and JUDDD well. If you feel good and energetic I think it is fine. Let us know how it goes.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
T.J. Looks like you and I had the same kind of day yesterday as I was -3.

This morning's number is 4.2 down from the high. Not bad. So, I still have .8 to where I've gotten rid of the 5 pound bounce. I won't be able to step on the scale throughout the day as we will be driving. Hoping that like Suze I will weigh less as the day goes on. I usually don't check like that. But yesterday was me really wanting so see if it was fluid retention or fat.

OK, I have my suitcase all packed and just need to jump into a quick shower. I should be back Sunday sometime but will try and check in whenever/if I get a chance.
Have a nice trip!
So is this almost all of your *other* vacation weight gone?

BTW, I found Choco Vine at a local liquor store...but they only had GINORMOUS bottles of the original flavor, and only raspberry in the manageable size! I couldn't decide what to do!
Old 08-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Am going to a family "thing" this afternoon. I didn't keep yesterday a true DD, more a MD, and today will be the same. Have to reign it in a bit more I am thinking. Have a great weekend everyone!
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Have fun dear YamYam! You just showed the gang how to unclaim the bounce while having fun. Your hubby is one lucky fella!

Patty, That was an excellent post! LOVED IT!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Looking forward to hearing how your trip was.. and After watching that youtube you posted, i also think that a 2 day DD was probally a good thing for you system.. You are living life.. having fun.. so just enjoy where you are at this time.. oh and for those pesky inches you mentioned.. I stopped working out for about 2 weeks and OH BOY did it apprear on the tape measure.. So just jump back in the pool and those inches will tighten up for you again too.. LOVE you lots hun~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Have a nice trip!
So is this almost all of your *other* vacation weight gone?

BTW, I found Choco Vine at a local liquor store...but they only had GINORMOUS bottles of the original flavor, and only raspberry in the manageable size! I couldn't decide what to do!
I have not tried the raspberry and don't plan to. I have not seen the big bottles although my sister said her hubby bought her one. I guess the good thing is they have a screw on lid and seem to last a long time if you keep it in the fridge. Maybe you will find a regular sized bottle so you can try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Yam- Yam you are such an inspiration to so many, including myself. You inform yourself (and us) about many health related issues. I think frequently about your post re: Hunger is not an emergency. I've always wondered about the occasional double DD (I like DD squared). You know your body and JUDDD well. If you feel good and energetic I think it is fine. Let us know how it goes.
I thought my double DD experiment went well and would do it again for sure if I felt like it. I, too, love the "hunger is not an emergency" quote and think about that a lot. I'm really glad that all this research is out there on how good fasting is for us. It's so simple and doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Looking forward to hearing how your trip was.. and After watching that youtube you posted, i also think that a 2 day DD was probally a good thing for you system.. You are living life.. having fun.. so just enjoy where you are at this time.. oh and for those pesky inches you mentioned.. I stopped working out for about 2 weeks and OH BOY did it apprear on the tape measure.. So just jump back in the pool and those inches will tighten up for you again too.. LOVE you lots hun~
So, it's not just me about the exercise? You notice it, too. I can really tell in the top of my thighs. That's the first place I notice the jiggles when I have not been exercising. Oh, to find the motivation I need. Where is it? I have the time, just not enough motivation. Yes, it will be back to the pool this afternoon with my water weights. Last time I was there another gal was at the other end of the pool with her weights. Kinda fun to watch her technique.

My weekend was great and very fun. I'm getting back in the groove this morning and catching up again on unpacking, laundry, making a grocery list. I have until Thursday evening before I leave again for a long Labor Day weekend trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Have fun dear YamYam! You just showed the gang how to unclaim the bounce while having fun. Your hubby is one lucky fella!

Patty, That was an excellent post! LOVED IT!
Thanks! I'm getting the hang of getting rid of bounces. Now I have to figure out how to move into new territory.

Time for me to 'fess up. Last night I had pizza. It was not the low-fat, thin-crust type of pizza we usually have. DH wanted a real, serious, thick crust Supreme pizza with all the toppings.

I had three pieces.

I was not going to weigh myself this morning. But, I decided to man up and just get on the darned scale. It's a pizza bump. That's what I shall call it. I suspect it will be gone tomorrow. Three pounds. Not as much as I expected really. Is that one pound per piece? It was so good and was totally worthy and worth it. I don't regret one bite.

Kimberly, you are right. I'm enjoying life, having fun and am pretty happy with myself! It's so easy to get back into rotations with JUDD. What's to be unhappy about?

Today will be a peaceful, calculated DD with a trip to the pool for some exercise and lots of catching up around the house.

Hope you all are having fun and doing what you love! Thanks for being my BUDDs!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Glad you had a nice weekend away. We are now back home where it is quite overcast and a bit drippy. I'm off to therapy for the hand/arm later today. I managed to pack and unpack the suitcases, though. That is a huge stride for me as I couldn't do that a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoy the pool today. I'll go tomorrow if it isn't raining. I know, I'll get wet no matter what, but somehow just do not enjoy being in the water in the rain!!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Glad you had a nice weekend away. We are now back home where it is quite overcast and a bit drippy. I'm off to therapy for the hand/arm later today. I managed to pack and unpack the suitcases, though. That is a huge stride for me as I couldn't do that a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoy the pool today. I'll go tomorrow if it isn't raining. I know, I'll get wet no matter what, but somehow just do not enjoy being in the water in the rain!!
Great to hear from you, my Friend! I've been thinking about you lots. I feel the same way about being in the pool when it's raining. Somehow it's not so fun.