Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Reality has set in

Hey Buddds,

So, it's mid-August. I started JUDDD April 1st.

I've had 2 severely "off plan" trips, resulting in 12lbs gained (5, and then 7) and lost again (well, I'm still in the middle of losing that last couple from the last trip).

With this in mind, I think I have to change my "1st goal" of being in onederland by my 40th birthday trip to Mexico in November.

Instead, I'm going to try to get to 220, which would be my lowest weight since 2005 or before.

The reality is that I like food. I like the freedom on JUDDD to have UD, MD, and not feel guilty.

I like that I'm going to go to the biggest fair in Canada next weekend (the Canadian National Exhibition or CNE), and ride a few (mild) rides, but also have something battered and deep fried, and know that it's my 1 for the year, and enjoy it. (ok, maybe 2... )

I also have 2 more business trips coming up-- 4 days in Vegas, and 1 week near San Fran... I plan to exercise better judgement in Vegas than I have on past trips lately.
I know I'll be ok on the San Fran trip b/c I've done that one successfully on JUDDD already and I can buy and cook my own food for the most part.

anyhoo-- I'm just putting my thoughts out there... and basically, making my public declaration that I'm not perfect, that I'm trying really hard to lose weight and not cause more emotional damage to myself.

to the Buddds

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Here's another reality for you. You've lost 39 flippin' pounds! Wrap your head around that, because it is awesome sauce.

You're not perfect. You're making the diet work for you. Maybe not as fast as you'd like, but you're making it work. (And what's the alternative?)
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Sounds like a great plan. I'm pleased that you're being flexible with yourself as well.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #4

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Soren, you are living your life, loving your life and losing weight.

I call this a win!
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/199/180
Soren,

Thank you for this post--You're proof that the plan works. And while I understand that you set a goal for November, I really appreciate the fact that you didn't just say "screw it, I don't care"; instead, you adjusted that goal. I've been at the point of saying "screw it" many times....and most of those times, I just threw in the towel. As a newbie here, I fully support you!!

Yep, I know I'm not perfect either--I think it would be much tougher to be perfect. Think about it--where can you go from "perfect"? Just be you....with us....making positive changes to our lives.
Saxy1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #6

Saxy.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Love your post, Soren! You are living in the real world and enjoying it. I had a goal of losing 45 pounds in a year when I started on August 1, 2011. I have not quite made it, but along the way I decided to enjoy the journey and not worry so much about goal setting. I may change my mind at some point, but being healthy and happy and just enjoying life and travel have become priorities to me.

In the long term, you are going to be a WL winner! I salute you!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that's why I love you guys!

Steph-- the 39 is my current BMI, but I have lost 25lbs (and if I get my "trip weight" off, I will be back at 30lbs lost this year).

25, 30-- regardless-- it's a total win. I see that. I had *hoped* to be a fast loser and put up huge numbers in my sig.

But, like you all said-- the reality is that I travel for work and fun, and I'm a foodie and as much as I want to "eat to live", I still do live to eat!

Today is a less-hungry day (see other posts about PMS ) and so I feel in control, on plan, and ok with my decision.

And I'm glad you're here too Saxy!
-- I know that Cindy, Yam, Dawn, and a host of others (Beeb/Linda, Nancy, Steph...) are inspiring to me, and keeping it real for themselves too I love reading about your journeys as well, and there is a LOT to be said for making that personal stuff public, so that we can share and know we are not alone with all this stuff.

Thanks for the support JBs-- you guys *get* me
S.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:35 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Soren,

You are doing great! Heck I am also joining the "I am not perfect club" . WE do the best we can with our life circumstances. Last yr when I was doing hcg I couldn't even enjoy a hot dog on july 4th! That still bugs me. Thank fully for juddd now I can have everything in moderate amounts! Eat what you want and enjoy yourself. Its not worth spending our lives depriving ourselves too much. I think the best time to diet is january through april, no major holidays and not as many temptations as the rest of the year, unless your a big valentines day person. A slow weight loss is better then no weight loss...

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
I get this. And rats, sometimes I think perfection would be far easier. This human thing. I dunno.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

I'm 50. Yesterday, when my dog threw up in the car, I pulled into a convenience store to buy paper towels. And Skittles. This is how easily I can be thrown off centre some days. I pictured being more ... something than this by now.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:02 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am joining the "not perfect" club as well. No biggie.

Weight loss has always been insubordinate. JUDDD prevents the loss from going the opposite direction.

sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Focus on Progress, Not Perfection

The "all or nothing" mindset has driven me to ride my weight loss and regain roller coaster with the same damn 30 lbs. for over 35 yrs.
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #14

I love not being perfect, that way, I can laugh at myself.

I had a poor DD yesterday (650 cals) and today, an UD, I am invited out to dinner with friends. So I am drinking coffee and feeling great today. I am sure I will make my UD calories, wine will be taken!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I relate. Like you, I have Onederland dreams. I really really wanted to make it there by September 26th- a big birthday for me. What a birthday gift to give oneself. But I am not going to make it by that date, and I decided not to assign a time frame I need to achieve any more. It happens when it happens. I took two months off weight loss mode to maintain and that set me back for that particular goal, but I learned and achieved so much simply working on maintaining. It's all good, you know? The key to it is to keep on truckin'. We eat, we rotate, we deviate a bit, we enjoy, we live life fully. You are doing great Soren. And we both WILL get to onederland!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I you guys.

When I was in University, I joined a sorority (which is rare, in Canada). One of our mottoes is: do your little, perfectly.

I really groove to that-- normally. I try to do whatever I do, to the best that I am able, and try to find the best way, in all things.

But, like Sunday said:
Quote:
Weight loss has always been insubordinate
So, I'll keep doing my best, and sometimes that's AWESOME and sometimes I'll just squeak by and live to have another rotation.

S.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Love your attitude Soren! You are moving in the planned direction and you are looking after your health and enjoying life. I think that is fantastic.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Before my mom passed, I asked her one day in my forties, "When do you start feeling like a grown-up, mom?" She said "I'll let you know..." (was in her 70s at the time!)

I for one plan on being off-centre (read "human") for the rest of my life, tee hee...
--patty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I'm 50. Yesterday, when my dog threw up in the car, I pulled into a convenience store to buy paper towels. And Skittles. This is how easily I can be thrown off centre some days. I pictured being more ... something than this by now.
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
The "all or nothing" mindset has driven me to ride my weight loss and regain roller coaster with the same damn 30 lbs. for over 35 yrs.
Although I could relate to so many posts, this one had me nodding so hard I almost got whiplash! I've been trying to lose weight for over 30 years, and haven't had a toe in Onderland in 12 years.

Thanks for this thread, because I'm seriously on the verge of giving up. I've been thinking about combining WW and JUDDD, just to make counting those UD calories easier - and apparently not because I go over. I've had - and appreciated - all the encouragement I've gotten here from you wonderful ladies. I know I'm still healing from my surgery and maybe my body is hanging on to do that healing. I just know that a lousy net loss of 2 lbs. since I started Juddd (again) in March is horrible, horrible progress and I really do want to cry alot of days.

I'm not perfect, either. I can stick with my DDs (99% of the time, since the surgery it's been more difficult) easily and I like my rotation (Saturday is always an UD). If I'd lost more than 2 lbs. in what ... 5 months, it'd be a whole heckofalot easier to hang in there.

Ack .. I seem to be nothing but a whiney butt lately. Thanks for the thread - I'm going to try my best to keep plodding along.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Nilla,
Old 08-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nilla

Did I mention that I've lost about 12 of my pounds TWICE??? so, I'd be at like 37lbs lost if I hadn't done that.

But as it was said above-- I did get to enjoy putting those pounds on during my travels, so I have to do the work to get it back off-- nothing comes without a price.

Anyhoo-- you're not being whiney! You have a legit challenge, and you're working to figure out how to conquer it.
Losing weight is not impossible, you just need to keep tweaking till you dial in what works for you.

it's long, hard, frustrating work at times-- especially when we see others who *seemingly* (see the * around that? ) lose *easily*. What do we know? We can only take a bit of info here, a bit from over there, and try stuff out on ourselves, and see what works.

So, (my advice is): when you feel up to it, try to figure out what you can do to get more information about yourself. Are you tracking food? Journaling? Are there things you eat that you suspect are problems? Is there something new you haven't tried yet but maybe now's a time to change things up?

(can you tell I've had caffeine today and am feeling very much buoyed by the support here? LOL )

Sorry for the rambling and pontificating-- like I said, caffeine + keyboard =
Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Although I could relate to so many posts, this one had me nodding so hard I almost got whiplash! I've been trying to lose weight for over 30 years, and haven't had a toe in Onderland in 12 years.

Thanks for this thread, because I'm seriously on the verge of giving up. I've been thinking about combining WW and JUDDD, just to make counting those UD calories easier - and apparently not because I go over. I've had - and appreciated - all the encouragement I've gotten here from you wonderful ladies. I know I'm still healing from my surgery and maybe my body is hanging on to do that healing. I just know that a lousy net loss of 2 lbs. since I started Juddd (again) in March is horrible, horrible progress and I really do want to cry alot of days.

I'm not perfect, either. I can stick with my DDs (99% of the time, since the surgery it's been more difficult) easily and I like my rotation (Saturday is always an UD). If I'd lost more than 2 lbs. in what ... 5 months, it'd be a whole heckofalot easier to hang in there.

Ack .. I seem to be nothing but a whiney butt lately. Thanks for the thread - I'm going to try my best to keep plodding along.
Nilla,

Please don't give up! I have been struggling for weeks now. I was struggling with my calories and I have been doing much better after I introduced one frozen ww meal for dinner. less stress and worring about what to cook and portioning out cals for me. I skip breakfast, have cereal/milk for lunch or a salad or a sandwich, then for dinner a frozen meal, side of non starchy veggies like snow peas with olive oil, salad with dressing and coconut popcycle from edy's 110 cals, delicious. about 1500 cals,

do the same for the dd but no big lunch, more like a small snack at 12p and 3pm then about 500 cal dinner ( frozen meal 240 cal, salad 100 cal, veggies 100 cal, desert 100 cal. I am doing about 700 cal dd but I am not worried about exact amounts. So far its working for me. I think I would fail if I counted every single cal. Been working well for me. I get a ' kinda home cooked meal" usually WW frozen lasanga, fettucine alfredo etc.. and I don't feel like I am eating grilled chicken every night and wondering how much oil is on it etc. when I reach to maintanence I will resume my grilled proteins, home cooked meals but for now I don't want to bother cooking proteins or any dish for the matter.

I was making baked pasta dishes, baked fish and was eating large portions of it. Or eating more then 1 piece of chicken. I can't handle family style eating right now so I eat my specific portion and I am done. if I am hungry I can have extra veggies and salad, but thats it.

Good luck!!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Thanks for keeping it real. After doing so well since I started, even pretty good on vacation and coming right back to it after, I'm struggling now. I got hurt last week, I fell down, and I've been medicating with a few inappropriate food choices, along with the muscle relaxers and pain meds. UGH. I guess I feel like I "deserved" some treats. I'll get back on the peace train here pretty quick.

Last edited by C'Marie; 08-23-2012 at 12:35 AM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:23 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

I hope you better soon C marie.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Oh my gosh friend, none of us are perfect! You are doing fantastically! You have figured out how to manage a very hectic, traveling lifestyle AND lose weight WHILE enjoying life! THAT looks like SUCCESS to me!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Marie Hope the pain is relieved soon!

Nilla~ I think most of us have lost the same lbs over and over.
I lost 45 gained 24 and now re-lost the 24. I feel different this time. I hope it is something that I don't have to re-visit. Somehow, even if I never get there (goal weight), I can really imagine never going back up again. For you Nilla, I am hoping that WW will bring in the easy element to the ADF.

Last edited by sunday; 08-23-2012 at 07:05 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Soren. I was thinking about this thread this morning.

You go away on a holidays or for work and you gain a couple of pounds. You come home and lose them. You call this not losing as fast as you'd like to, not losing as fast as you'd planned.

Somehow, by the grace of whatever, my body got to a certain goal, and I'll tell you, I swing up and down around that goal like a maniac. It's like i'm trying to loosen the reins and my internal horse is bucking on and off. Have to say, I enjoyed weight loss more than maintenance, so far.

Anyway, we just call my swings, which feel less sane than yours, maintenance.

So, to me, you're doing beautifully. You're practicing maintenance in little bouts, practicing weight loss most of the time, and you've got your head on straight about it.
This looks like perfect JUDDDing to me.
My new goal is to do it the way you're doing it. So thanks for sharing it here.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awww, guys!

C'marie-- hope you do start feeling better soon. I know what you mean-- I go to dreamfields pasta when I want comfort food, and I know it's not the best thing for me.

I do like to "restart" JUDDD on an up day makes sliding into the DD that much easier.

Kristin - you are so sweet. You and NoWeigh are among *my* weight loss idols (NoWeigh, where did your digital ticker go?).

The traveling is WAY MORE than I expected it to be when I took this position last year (I'm at the same company 7+ yrs, and this is my 4th role there)... but I have to make it work, right?

I think the best part of JUDDD is the mental aspect-- the bit of discipline you have to find on the DDs, and on UDs not to go off the deep end... combined with the liberation from the "all or nothing" mentality of so many other eating plans and diets.

I feel like I'm in progress conquering my weight, and it's leading me to be more brave in conquering other issues/emotional blocks in my life too.

Thanks again everyone! I'll get to onederland one day, I know it. It just won't be Nov 1, 2012.

S.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #29

We'll all be here for the party when that day does arrive. All in its own good time.

Marie, I am sorry you have been suffering. Your reaction of turning to food is very normal. Now you are ready to jump back into your rotations you will do fine again.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
incredibly proud of everyone...keeping on with the fight for better health and less fat.
I hate it when I lose sight of how much progress I have made and get all focused on just the moment. I've lost 15% of my body mass since my weight one year ago exactly. How much progress have you made? Own it!! the little ups and downs are normal human things. Hold onto how far you have come!
Just looking at Kissa's stats above...she lost 33% of her body mass and is keeping it off. I love that! Soren, you are at 10% and moving forward. So excellent everyone!!