Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Tuesday! What's cooking? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/781276-dd-tuesday-whats-cooking.html)

Dottie 08-21-2012 06:33 AM

DD Tuesday! What's cooking?

Well an MD for me, but I'm keeping it low carb.
I have to have an UD Thursday (plans got changed from Friday to Thurs) so I'd rather squeak in an MD today than tomorrow!

B: bullet-proof coffee
D: 4oz chicken breast copped and sauteed w/cabbage, cilantro, garlic, lime and salsa
S: Small lean sirloin w/a little butter and mushrooms; cucumbers in vinegar and a little evoo

zipp2play 08-21-2012 06:41 AM

B - strawberries/cottage cheese 145
L - salad with chicken 205c
D - baked potato with veggies

Vikki80 08-21-2012 06:58 AM

B: x
L: breakfast salad! Poached egg, sliced ham, grilled tomato and mushrooms on bed of spinach 161 cals
D: either scrambled eggs with salsa or some sort of salad.

Had a little visit from the whoosh fairy today so it's given me extra incentive for a really good down day.

KeirasMom 08-21-2012 07:48 AM

B: Coffee, SW shake (89)
L: Subway ham/turkey salad, no cheese, vinegar for dressing (110)
D: ?? Probably chicken and veggies.

stephdray 08-21-2012 07:58 AM

B. Bulletproof Coffee (200 cal)
L. Water
D. Grilled Tilapia + Salad (@300)

@500 cals

adillenal 08-21-2012 08:03 AM

DD
B - 1 egg + 2 egg whites, 1 T no sugar added preserves, coffee with HWC (222)
L - HB egg (75)
D - HB egg (75)
total 372

stargazer 08-21-2012 08:20 AM

Prawns in mango/oriental salad mix. Totally delicious. Go to The Primal website (Mark's Daily Apple) for recipes.

Very filling too.

Vikki80 08-21-2012 08:34 AM

What is a bulletproof coffee please?

DD80 08-21-2012 08:45 AM

B/L: Homemade roasted veggie, cheese, bacon mini quiches (2), and a nectarine ~ 340
D: Cheese stick, almonds, nectarine ~120

Green tea, black tea, and water today. I have room for another snack, but we will see after pilates tonight.

stephdray 08-21-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikki80 (Post 15887656)
What is a bulletproof coffee please?

Bulletproof coffee is going to sound totally gross, but it's actually delicious. And I say this as someone who would have sworn coconut flavor and coffee did not go together at all.

Here are the basics. You take a cup of coffee. You blend it with a tablespoon of unsalted butter and a tablespoon (give or take) of coconut oil. And when I say blend, I mean, blend. Like in a blender. Or in a magic bullet.

The result will be a creamy latte with a foam top. It will even be the color of a latte--not black and greasy, but tan and creamy.

There are many variations on this. The inventor of bulletproof coffee insists that you have to use special high altitude grown coffee beans and grass-fed butter, and makes all sorts of special health claims for the brew that I don't believe for one minute.

I drink it, however, because when I wake up in the morning I'm in a fasting state and I'd like to extend that as long as possible--and I've read some reports that suggest fat, and especially coconut oil, helps accelerate fat loss during a fasting state. (As for the contradiction in fasting and then adding 200 calories to the mix, I can only say that JUDDD bears out benefits of fasting still being enjoyed at a very low calorie level.)

Bulletproof coffee also, anecdotally, satiates for a very long time. So far that has mostly been the case for me. The first time I drank it, it killed my appetite for eight hours. (Of course, this week it's done little to help, but this week has been kind of an exception.)

Anyway, it's possible that adding 200 calories to breakfast on a DD is what does the trick rather than the fact that they are 200 calories of pure fat. And I may come to regret drinking my calories instead of eating them on DDs. I might have been better off with a big bowl of strawberries and an egg-white omelette. I just don't know--I only know this was convenient for me today. So I'm not out there proselytizing this stuff yet. But that's my best answer!

Dottie might have a better one.

Dottie 08-21-2012 11:21 AM

I do the same recipe except I use mct oil instead of coconut and I don't count the calories from that since it's pretty much a catalyst for fat burning:)
I use my immersion blender with the whisk attachment in a wide mouth mason jar, but I found you can shake the heck out of it and get the same results :)

TryingJudd 08-21-2012 11:26 AM

can I puree my scale today? Grrrrrrr

B- x
L- HB egg and a cup of cherry tomatoes
D - sauteed zucchini, onions and mushrooms with a small amount of ground turkey and parmesan

350 total

E.W. 08-21-2012 12:37 PM

Today is a DD so I made some cabbage soup.

Kissa 08-21-2012 01:18 PM

Not a great DD probably 600

B leftover chicken
L WW cookies, 4
D big salad with marmite cheddar
S another cookie!

kare30bear 08-21-2012 02:11 PM

B: 3 cups of Coffee w/SF Vanilla Caramel Creamer + EZ Sweet (105 Cals)
L: 2 Slices of Turkey Deli Meat + 1 slice FF Cheese + 1 pkg. Kirkland Dried Fuji Apples w/Cinnamon (120 Cals)
S: Diet Dr. Pepper (0 Cals)
D: ReadyPac Bistro Caesar Lite Salad (180 Cals)
S: SF Jello Cup (10 Cals)

415 Cals, 28g Carbs

Vikki80 08-21-2012 02:47 PM

Dinner ended up being salad leaves topped with guac, salsa and sour cream. Stole the idea from someone on here and it was lovely 250 cals