Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
Eat back exercise Cals?

I need to lose weight fairly quickly so I'm not completely pathetic when I join ROTC this year. I work out 3-4 times a week, I do about 30-40 mins of cardio followed by weights. Should I still set the JUDDD calculator to little/no exercise? This would put me at about 1100 cals a day average. I don't want to eat too little, but it also doesn't make sense to eat back everything I exercise off if it's just going to slow things down! What do you think I should do?
Stitchfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchfluffy View Post
I need to lose weight fairly quickly so I'm not completely pathetic when I join ROTC this year. I work out 3-4 times a week, I do about 30-40 mins of cardio followed by weights. Should I still set the JUDDD calculator to little/no exercise? This would put me at about 1100 cals a day average. I don't want to eat too little, but it also doesn't make sense to eat back everything I exercise off if it's just going to slow things down! What do you think I should do?
I can only answer for myself, but I absolutely refused to exercise and then negate it (as far as weight loss was concerned) by eating back all those calories I'd worked so hard to expend with that exercise!

I generally exercise only 3 days a week with 30 minutes on the treadmill, and I set that so that it automatically adjusts itself to keep my heart rate up where it's supposed to be. So I just do the treadmill, and it adjusts its incline, speed, etc. for me. I usually just daydream while I'm doing that. After my treadmill, I have a 1-hour exercise class. Usually it's after the treadmill, only occasionally I lead off with the exercise class and then get onto the treadmill. Occasionally I skip that class and do the weight circuit instead. Sometimes I do an additional couple of days swimming. The pool is an indoor one at my fitness club, so I do that more in the winter (heated pool) and follow that with whirlpool and then sauna.

However many calories I work off, I want to STAY OFF. I'm sure I'm not in any danger of getting too thin by working off too much fat, but I can see myself gaining back weight that I don't want replaced if I let myself feel free to eat more just because I've done some exercise.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I can only answer for myself, but I absolutely refused to exercise and then negate it (as far as weight loss was concerned) by eating back all those calories I'd worked so hard to expend with that exercise!

I generally exercise only 3 days a week with 30 minutes on the treadmill, and I set that so that it automatically adjusts itself to keep my heart rate up where it's supposed to be. So I just do the treadmill, and it adjusts its incline, speed, etc. for me. I usually just daydream while I'm doing that. After my treadmill, I have a 1-hour exercise class. Usually it's after the treadmill, only occasionally I lead off with the exercise class and then get onto the treadmill. Occasionally I skip that class and do the weight circuit instead. Sometimes I do an additional couple of days swimming. The pool is an indoor one at my fitness club, so I do that more in the winter (heated pool) and follow that with whirlpool and then sauna.

However many calories I work off, I want to STAY OFF. I'm sure I'm not in any danger of getting too thin by working off too much fat, but I can see myself gaining back weight that I don't want replaced if I let myself feel free to eat more just because I've done some exercise.
Sounds sensible to me! Just all the hype about your metabolism "shutting down" when you cut calories AND exercise can start to get into your head!
Stitchfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchfluffy View Post
Sounds sensible to me! Just all the hype about your metabolism "shutting down" when you cut calories AND exercise can start to get into your head!
If you ever find that happening, you can always eat more. LOL But eating more than I truly need is pretty much what got me here in the first place. And now that I'm older I have to be a bit more careful than ever, and I'm hypothyroid too, and I know that is another thing against me. I really enjoy my foods, but I do try not to give myself excuses to eat more of it than I need. Actually, what I probably need to do is eat less and exercise even more.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote