Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
Back to JUDDD once more, and sorry I left!

Well, after taking a couple of months off of JUDDD, I'm crawling back. I starting juddd about 4 months ago, lost about 5-6 lbs, then something happened, not sure what, but I started struggling with my old bulimia problems, and the weight loss stopped, so I stopped trying. I started eating primal, gained back 5 lbs VERY easily, probably due to my insulin resistance.Anyway, I'm back! And more determined than ever! I HAVE to lose about 20 lbs and get in good shape, because I really want to join Army ROTC at school this winter, but at 5' 6" and 164 lbs, I don't quite cut it yet. Wish me luck! I have something I'm fighting for this time!

P.S, one question, I have to start running and doing some heavy lifting to pass the fitness test, and the JUDDD calculator has my average cals at 1300, is this high enough to prevent starvation and stalling? Or should I just trust the JUDDD magic to preserve my metabolism?
Stitchfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Stitchfluffy!

Congrats on your goal with the Army Rotc! I believe if you go by the calculator everything should fall into place. Since you will be working out rather strenuously, you may be much more hungry on DD and this may be cause to have a bit more calories on DD. You will be fine as long as you go by the percentages that are noted.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Are you using the calculator to take into account light or moderate exercise? (if you want to lose fast, light exercise would be most appropriate I think). If you are, just trust it and you will be fine. I don't exercise much and my total number usually are around 1100-1150 average and I lose weight fine so I doubt you would have to worry about starvation mode.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Do the rotations as determined by the calculator and you will be fine. In the beginning, as your body adjusts, exercise on DD's MAY be tough, or not, never know. Adjust timing as needed.
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Go for it!!! Woo Hoo!

The best advice for anyone starting the JUDDD program (or coming back in) is to get started at the calorie level the JUDDD Calorie Calculator lays out for them, that is Down Days at one of the given choices of DD calories (many simply cap it at 500 and let that work for them) and especially holding Up Day calories at what the Calculator gives and labels *Normal* calories.

If you give it time to work at *healing what ails you* on the inside, the above formula almost always works. And to your long term advantage. It can gradually increase your own ability to eat and burn at a higher level so you aren't as prone to more weight gain in the future. Those Up Days provide the food that will make up for DDs of almost nothing, so it's important to make good use of that calorie number, rather than skimp on it too, limiting both days to little nourishment. Usually in the end, limiting calories too low, both days, for too long, only serves to diminish what your body has to work with, and so what your body can do to re-configure and heal it's inner workings, so to speak. LOL Give it it's due, and it'll finally begin to work for you the way it should. (The only ones who are usually advised to maybe cut their UD calories from the very start are those who are very, very overweight from the start, by a hundred and 150 and more pounds excess body fat, and that's only from the standpoint that it isn't necessary to be eating a whole lot extra, extra, extra.. based only on excessive body fat, to be supporting that excessive amount of the body fat. At some point, more food isn't necessary or even contributing to any success.) All of this to say it's most often recommended that you start out at the Up Day calorie number given to you by the Calculator. Most who do, have fine success. If a month shows you that it isn't doing anything for you, you can revisit the issue.

I do a daily exercise period, usually at my fitness club. It's almost always a minimum of 30 minutes on a treadmill, much of it at an incline. It almost always includes a 1-hour exercise class or a 1-hour warmup/weight circuit class. Sometimes it's swimming. We often walk the trails or go hiking as well. And I still am doing my Down Days and don't notice any problems with energy levels or strength on those days any more than on Up Days. But I do eat some DD calories in protein after exercise.

Good luck with your goal. For folks who truly do JUDDD, the vast majority succeed. Occasionally it needs a tweak. But more often than not, it's better off not being tweaked. In the long run, it does it's thing over a time span, so impatience and tweaking often throws a monkey wrench in the rich benefits that JUDDD could confer if left to work. We keep thinking of it as more of a diet plan, so try to force it into a different mold than it works best in.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Are you using the calculator to take into account light or moderate exercise? (if you want to lose fast, light exercise would be most appropriate I think). If you are, just trust it and you will be fine. I don't exercise much and my total number usually are around 1100-1150 average and I lose weight fine so I doubt you would have to worry about starvation mode.
I have it set on light exercise. It's just hard to look past all the hype about starvation mode! Everyone buys into it so unquestioningly!
Stitchfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
No starvation mode from just one day, which is a beautiful thing.

You should read up some more on the bodybuilding intermittent fasting blogs out there. People are doing hardcore heavy lifting with IF and getting amazing results.
We are more girly around here, seems like , and more focused on just day to day living with families, jobs, etc. There is a wealth of information coming from the gym-rat world by people living IF.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Stitch I am also coming back from a long holiday and sorry I left also. One of the studies
I read about this WOE pointed out a big difference in weight loss on it and other diets. While you usualy lose some lean mass when you lose weight on JUDDD you usualy GAIN
a little lean mass even without exercise.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote