Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
JUDDD, some chocolates and asthma!

Weird but I noticed that certain chocolate products really set off my asthma (that is normally very rare to pop up).
I had a chocolate brownie a couple of months ago and had an attack, then a few weeks after that another brownie and another attack.
Earlier today I decided I wanted a swiss miss diet hot chocolate and, yep, asthma attack!
So it must be something in that combination of chocolate and whatever else that's setting me off.
I can eat Lindt or dove dark chocolate without a problem. And toll house chocolate chips.
Weird.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Interesting. I have mild asthma but when I started JUDDD, I had recurring attacks for well over a month and Dr. J's book talked about it benefitting people with asthma. BUT after that I haven't had a single problem in the past 5 months. Guess I was detoxing.
Too bad chocolate seems to be a trigger but then it might be a preservative or an additive in some of those products.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Dottie, I wonder if you are really allergic to peanuts or nut butters? The reason I ask, is that most chocolate is made in factories where peanuts are nearby.

My new grandson is "highly allergic" to peanuts and because of this, he will never have any candy, because it is all made in factories where peanuts are near or cross contamination.

sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
if you want a cocoa mix I have a recipe in the down day thread that might work for you,
also NOW makes one that you can get through netrition or at stores.
Could def be the processing, or the freaking sweetener or something. You have been playing this game for a long time, you know how food allergies can pop up. With the brownie thing, could be wheat? I assume you made your brownies since you are such an awesome cook. Try a different flour like organic spelt maybe? I hope the chocolate part is just incidental, because a cacao allergy would be the king of suck.

Hot Cocoa Sweetened with Better Stevia - 10 oz. - NOW Foods
Old 08-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Adi: It could be a combo and that allergy season right now is soooo bad!

Sunday: that's interesting but I don't seem to have a problem with peanutbutter or peanuts. I'll pay attention next time and watch for any signs!

Lou: No, box mix lol - I love to cook but I'm not a baker at all (I really suck at it lol). Thanks for the recommendation, I'll order some and try it
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Dottie, I wonder if you are really allergic to peanuts or nut butters? The reason I ask, is that most chocolate is made in factories where peanuts are nearby.

My new grandson is "highly allergic" to peanuts and because of this, he will never have any candy, because it is all made in factories where peanuts are near or cross contamination.

That was what I was going to say. Or allergic to something in certain chocolates/ chocolate products.

My spouse has terrible asthma, but has been JUDDDing since June 25th. 17lbs gone and I see a big improvement in the asthma despite a small attack this morning.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote