Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Thursday! What's on your menu? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/780897-ud-thursday-whats-your-menu.html)

Dottie 08-16-2012 03:33 AM

UD Thursday! What's on your menu?

Good morning!

B: Coffee w/cultured butter and mct oil (aka: bullet-proof coffee. Going to try it and see if it upsets my stomach like the straight mct oil does)
D: roasted turkey wings
S: not sure yet, kind of in the mood for pizza or a burger but I may wait until Saturday for that

adillenal 08-16-2012 04:42 AM

UD
B - eggs, coffee with HWC
L - tuna salad on lettuce
D - fresh peas, cantaloupe, pork chops

Dottie 08-16-2012 05:19 AM

So far, so good on the coffee. I put 1T mct oil and 1T cultured butter in hot coffee and used the whisk attachment on my immersion blender to, well, blend it (lol). It tasted ok all blended up, no oil slick on top.

zipp2play 08-16-2012 05:30 AM

Good to hear Dottie!!!!

Up day, YEAH!

B - 2 eggs, brat, GF Waffle 365c
L - chicken pattie and salad 265c
S - Protein granola bar 190c
D - crock pot lasagna 310

That leaves 723, I am sure I will fill in with something.

Vita oldie 08-16-2012 05:34 AM

Just to say I get bloated when I cook with coconut oil and also when it is in coffee-I don't like the oil slick on top either.
I have found a way I seem to tolerate it better.
I mix 1tsp with some double cream and it thickens nicely-I will try adding cocoa sometime.
Later I will try cooking with it again.

pooticus 08-16-2012 05:57 AM

Morning Dottie and ladies!

Please note these menus are subject to change without notice! ;)

B - 3c Decaff Coffee, black, unsweetened
1/4c Greek Yogurt, 1/4c Cottage Cheese
1oz Crispy Walnuts
1/4 small GS Apple, chopped
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar Cinnamon SF DaVinci Syrup

L - 2c Chicken Broth with Shiritaki Noodles and Broccoli & Zucchini/Chicken

D - 3oz Pork Loin Chop, grilled
1/4c Tomato Caper Relish
1c Brussel Sprouts, roasted with garlic & olive oil

Dessert - 1/2c SF Strawberry Banana Jello
2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt w/1tsp SF Vanilla DaVinci Syrup

Dottie 08-16-2012 06:18 AM

lol I forget how wonderful the smell of roasting turkey is, even if it's just wings in the toaster oven :)

pooticus 08-16-2012 06:44 AM

Oh Dottie, I almost bought some last week! They were $1.29/lb at HEB! LOL. Let us know how they taste please?!!!

zipp2play 08-16-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooticus (Post 15876751)
Please note these menus are subject to change without notice! ;)

That's how mine are too!!!!! :D:cool:

zipp2play 08-16-2012 06:45 AM

Yum, TURKEY!!!!!! :yummy:

DD80 08-16-2012 08:03 AM

B: Ham Sandwich (trying to use up ham) w avocado, cheddar, tomato, onion, spinach
L: Thin cut chicken breast, parmesan noodles (hubby didn't like them, so I get to finish), and broccoli with cheese, nectarine
D: Don't know, we will see...
S: 3 mini croissants with 2 packets cream cheese, homemade protein bar, think thin bar

stephdray 08-16-2012 08:09 AM

B. Amy's Tofu Scramble + 1 egg, 2 Morningstar Veggie Sausages, and a small Roma tomato, pan fried with salt and pepper
L. Boca Burger + Cheese + Bun (yeah!) + tomato slice + onion slice + Lettuce and a side of egg salad on Arugula
D. 1 slice gourmet mushroom pizza from a restaurant

This should still leave me with extra calories that I will probably fill in with junk because I have a late night meeting with colleagues and there are usually cookies and chocolate aplenty.

KeirasMom 08-16-2012 08:46 AM

B: Santa Fe turkey burger, no cheese, + jalapenos, iced tea, coffee

L: The owner of my company is coming into town, and we usually have lunch brought in when he's here, though I'm usually the one who orders and haven't done so yet. I have no idea if he'll be here through lunch or not, so it's up in the air.

D: No clue. Back to school night at my daughter's school, so we'll get something after that.

Don't you just love how well I've planned my UD today? :hyst:

b_lou_who 08-16-2012 09:06 AM

breakfast half cup greek yogurt with lemon and erythritol, a sprinkle of flax plus organic granola
lunch tbd..leaning toward a bean and cheese burrito with greek yogurt and salsa
dinner grilled andoille chunks, avocado, organic greens, maybe soaked walnuts with some kind of vinaigrette we whip up

toomuchbooty 08-16-2012 09:43 AM

I was starving when I woke up. I grabbed a breakfast sandwich from Tim Horton's...bad idea. I feel awful! I have not been eating wheat and the biscuit did me no favors!

TryingJudd 08-16-2012 10:50 AM

Love these UDs!

B- PB2 on a toasted slice of protein bread with half a sliced banana
L- 3oz ham and a reduced fat cheese slice melted on a bagel thin plus half a serving of pop chips and a cup of mixed melon chunks

640 cals so far

Dinner is looking like a pasta dish with basil, eggplant, mushrooms, tomato and cheese plus a salad.

Vikki80 08-16-2012 10:57 AM

Skipped breakfast as I was in work earlier so had cottage cheese and some cherries on my break.
Lunch was tuna salad
Dinner was some cold sliced meat, olives and stuffed peppers
And plenty of dark chocolate

KeirasMom 08-16-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15877237)
B: Santa Fe turkey burger, no cheese, + jalapenos, iced tea, coffee

L: The owner of my company is coming into town, and we usually have lunch brought in when he's here, though I'm usually the one who orders and haven't done so yet. I have no idea if he'll be here through lunch or not, so it's up in the air.

D: No clue. Back to school night at my daughter's school, so we'll get something after that.

Don't you just love how well I've planned my UD today? :hyst:

Lunch was Panda Express (didn't order in). I had a bowl of steamed veggies with Kung Pao chicken on top, and a Sobe lean cranberry/grapefruit drink. :yummy: