Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Redhead, those two supplements have been used by athletes and bodybuilders since...forever.
There is something to the exercise part for sure.

PJ, if you look at enough food lists, you will find some variation. Some have a vegetarian slant that is pretty slanted.

I have the book and followed it in my vegetarian days and what I know now from studying science and medicine is this; acid (forming) foods are typically protein and starch (don't forget that some vegies become more acid when cooked. Potato is a good example).

Alkalines are typically non starchy vegies and fruits.

Oils/fats tend to be neutral but slow digestion so your body may need to increase stomach acid for longer periods.

There are food items that are less one way or the other, like nuts, but they produce an acid ash to some degree so I don't ever see them as alkaline.

This is where the old food combining rules (we're not talking Suzanne Sommers here) may come in handy....if you are concerned; Eat starch and vegies or meat and vegies....don't be shy w the vegies.

The bottom line is that acid/alkaline is about mineral balance. For instance; sulfer, phosphorus, etc are acid and calcium, k, mg, Na, etc are alkalizers.
They are ALL necessary!

You can go too alkaline and this is why older vegans, CRON, etc have fraility, ostiopenia....(there seems to be this misconception that one way is better than the other).

Bones are not the only place your body goes to balance....ALL your organs have minerals.

The nice thing about sodium bicarb is that it is safe unless you need to reduce sodium. And that's usually just a bandaid for an underlying cause that needs to be corrected.
Thanks for this! I really enjoyed reading info from "the voice of experience". Very helpful.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Low-Sodium Substitutes for Baking Soda in Baking
Oct 12, 2011 | By Danielle Hill

Baking soda is commonly used as a leavening agent in baked goods. But because it is composed of sodium bicarbonate, baking soda adds sodium to the diet, a potential problem for those following low-sodium diets. A slice of chocolate cake typically has more than 380 milligrams of sodium from baking soda, and that's not counting the sodium from the salt that the recipe calls for. The Mayo Clinic recommends no more than 2,300 milligrams of sodium daily for the average adult. The next time you want to make low-sodium goodies, opt for an alternative leavening agent.
Potassium Bicarbonate

Potassium bicarbonate serves the same leavening purpose as sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda. But instead of sodium, the synthetic compound relies on the chemical potassium. You can typically find potassium bicarbonate in pharmacies and specialty grocery stores. Use the same amount of potassium bicarbonate that the recipe specifies for baking soda. Use only potassium bicarbonate that is clearly labeled for consumption. The compound is also used in fertilizers.
Raspberry Ketone Warning Don't Buy Before Seeing This. My Friends & I Did Some Research. aPP-aPProved.com/RaspberryKetones
Sponsored Links
Sodium-Free Baking Soda

If you have access to a specialty or health-food store, you can replace regular baking soda with a sodium-free version. Follow the instructions on the container when you're replacing regular baking soda. Some brands require twice as much of the sodium-free product. Made of calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate, sodium-free soda is free of potassium and aluminum, as well as sodium. It's also typically free of gluten, wheat, dairy, egg, nuts, yeast and other common allergens.
Eggs

Although eggs won't work all of the time, they are appropriate leavening agents in some recipes. One egg's leavening power is equivalent to about half a teaspoon of baking powder, or an eighth teaspoon of baking soda and a fourth cup of buttermilk or yogurt. Buttermilk and yogurt replicate the acidic component in baking powder, evening out the baking soda's acidity. When you use eggs, you may notice some difference in flavor, depending on what you are baking.
Substitutes for Other Applications

While baking soda is most commonly used as a leavening agent, it also affects the pH balance, color and flavor of foods. As a result, some recipes that require baking soda do not rely on it for raising the dough, but for other purposes. For example, devil's food cake calls for baking soda because it turns the batter reddish when it mixes with cocoa powder. Instead, use red food coloring. If your recipe has another rising agent, such as eggs or baking powder, the baking soda may simply serve to make the batter more alkaline. If you omit the baking soda, balance acidic ingredients like buttermilk with a small amount of sugar, coffee grounds or other alkaline ingredient, as appropriate for the dish."

I never thought about the sodium content of baking soda in all of this. Jem, You really got me thinking. Now my brain hurts.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Is it really this hard for us to lose weight???? Don't answer that. The answer is obvious!! What is frustrating is that you know darn well millions of people have lost weight without having to go to such scientific lengths. Gah!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Yep. We all probably feel your frustration the same way now and again. Have to say, I did lose weight with Dukan's lc plan, but I felt tired and my skin looked dry. I also felt a lot of stress about it.
I'm sure we could all lose weight if we ate little enough for long enough
(I don't mean "more willpower", I mean malnutrition/starvation levels),
but we would not necessarily regain our health.

That's why I'm taking my time with this...I want to be healthy, and to not re-gain the weight.

you guys.

Last edited by piratejenny; 08-17-2012 at 09:53 AM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

The body needs only 500 mg of sodium per day. Half teaspoon of baking soda has 616 mg of sodium. Hmmmmmmm.....this seems like a dilemna!!! any thoughts???

Also, it seems I read that vinegar is not good for an alkaline diet. But I have read and heard so often that putting ACV in water is great for health. ??? I'm getting confused enough that I need to stop now!!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I've been poking around anti-agingfirewalls and found an article that discusses dietary protectives. Some are listed as chemical compounds so I know nothing more that generally where they occur. But some are common foods; tumeric, cinnamon, EVOO.

Then at the bottom section of the article he discusses a 'cocktail'.

Dietary factors and dementia-Part 3: Plant-derived substances that can make a difference.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BG was 87 this afternoon.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
BG was 87 this afternoon.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
@PJ

***WOW*** !!!!!!
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
This thread has my brain on overload. LOL We may be taking in mil in a couple months. She is diabetic and her diet is SAD. Her current care giver is doing little to help her other than seeing she takes her meds and gets fed. :/ I would love to be able to help her.

I started taking l-c today wanting to see if it will help with my workouts. I've cut way back on protein shakes and am feeling the difference (in a negative way). Hoping this might help me get back to where I was.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My BG was up a bit all day, around 120.
I drank a quart of water + 1/2tsp baking soda after I woke up;
an hour later it hadn't gone down.

I had lunch; it was still up a bit....around 130.

I made a big glass of hibiscus tea with a lime squeezed in (another way to "alkalize"),
and my BG was 80 again!!!

THAT'S !!*50*!! POINTS DOWN!
And into a range it NEVER went into on a regular basis, before this water stuff!
Once again, I'm hungry but not shaking or feeling bad.

I *usually* have breakfast, but I skipped it today to see if the water would bring my BG down on its own.
I'm a little sad it didn't, but I'm okay with eating breakfast for now;
it's part of my plan for getting my insomnia under control.

Still, it's very good news!

I'm so grateful you posted this info, Yam-Yam!

I found out that my county library system had 3 of Dr Young's books, but the branch I usually go to has the one on diabetes. So I hope to pick that up tomorrow!

I know his plan might be different than the one your sister is following, but I hope it will be a good start.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 08-19-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Old 08-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
Hello ladies. I started reading here & I am going to follow this thread because I still have blood sugar issues. My fasting BS was 99 on my June labs. Pretty high for not being overweight & watching carbs pretty closely . I lost a bit more than 20 lbs thinking I could stave off diabetes. My blood pressure readings have completely normalized during the last year or so but sugar remains stubborn.
Heidinem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Yep. We all probably feel your frustration the same way now and again. Have to say, I did lose weight with Dukan's lc plan, but I felt tired and my skin looked dry. I also felt a lot of stress about it.

Doing JUDD is different. I feel energized. I feel very positive and quite happy all the time. My skin is plump and moist. Finding JUDD after not knowing or hearing anything about IF my whole life made me think, "what else is out there that I don't know about that could make me feel great??"

So, I'm not doing this out of stress or an anxious need to lose weight faster. After all, my plan is to maintain my loss during August and then move to a more agressive WLM in September. I truly think that JUDDing has not only caused me to crave healthier foods, it's making me seek out any method or plan that can support my new desire to get and stay healthy.

You are sooooooo cute, Vanilla! You don't sound cranky. You sound like any of us who have tried a million things and don't need anyone else telling us to do something more.

Keep doing what you are doing. Follow your heart and listen to your body and your brain. Love you, Girl!!!
I shouldn't be posting on a day where I literally feel like crap. I love JUDDD as an eating plan. But, I have to say I don't feel better on it. My energy level (or lack thereof somedays) is the same on either day. I sometimes walk around like I'm 80 (no offense to anyone reading who's 80), my skin doesn't look better (or worse), measurements don't reflect any more success than the scale doing JUDDD (particularly since my surgery). I do get about wondering what else is out there that's beneficial. Heck, I'm drinking dirt thanks to PJ hoping it'll thicken my hair. Love you back and thanks for understanding my post. I confess I'm majorly frustrated with my lack of success.

Quote:
I'm sure we could all lose weight if we ate little enough for long enough
(I don't mean "more willpower", I mean malnutrition/starvation levels),
but we would not necessarily regain our health.

That's why I'm taking my time with this...I want to be healthy, and to not re-gain the weight.

you guys.
I hear ya. I wished I could lose the blasted weight to even WANT to look for something to extend my healthiness. Shoot, does that even make sense? I hope so. See my note about shouldn't be posting when I feel like crap. The upside is I AM drinking dirt, thanks to you PJ.

Thanks for lovin' me despite my crankiness. I'll unsubscribe from this thread later because I'm contributing nothing but whines .. and no cheese to go with it!!!!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 08-20-2012 at 09:56 AM..
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw, vanilla, don't leave!!!

My report of the day:
BG was 87 a few minutes ago.

I had breakfast around 9am and although I had a couple snacks during the day (wasabi soybeans & peanuts, 2 little sausage things [90 calories]), I noticed I haven't really been hungry. I just had some chicken & zucchini soup (7:30pm) because I'm trying to stop eating earlier and get on a better sleep schedule, but I wasn't very hungry.

Man, I think I could deal with down days if I felt like this more often!

When I drink the water + baking soda, I can feel it kill my appetite; plain water never does that. I haven't really noticed how long this feeling lasts, but I'll report back if I do.

I am also adding a little coral calcium to my water once or twice a day. I started because it's alkalizing, and I've had this bottle of calcium for years so I figured I'd might as well use it up; but a few days ago I read that calcium is involved in signaling the cells how much fat to store.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

P.J. signaling in a good way or a bad way??

I tried calling sis twice yesterday. No answer. They were probably out in their big back yard if the weather was ok.

One of these days I'll get her on the phone! I may have to resort to writing an old fashioned hand-written letter and mailing it USPS! Oh, horror of horrors!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Signaling in a good way, for weight loss:
more calcium=less fat in cells, less calcium=more fat in cells.

Hey, I'll send you some stamps if she doesn't answer soon!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Ooh, thanks. Going to take my calcium tonight!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Aw, vanilla, don't leave!!!
Backatcha, PJ.
And Yam
Old 08-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Vanilla: Wine away, Hon!!! We love ya and the best thing about the BUDDS is we all feel each other's pain and frustration. Your body is still healing. Be kind and gentle to YOU because you deserve it.

I do like your idea of combining WW and JUDD. I sort of combined WW and Dukan when I was doing his 2nd phase. What it did for me was force me to get the healthy guideline foods minimums in. I'm thinking maybe I should go back to doing that.

I do pretty good with getting in healthy oils and liquids. Lately I have not been getting in much dairy or enough lean protein. When I was following Dukan/WW I just skipped the fruits and upped the non-starchy veggies.

I'm not really ready to switch anything around right now. Been telling myself at the end of August I'll be happy not to have gained anything and then I'll re-evaluate my foods and make some sort of big push to eat lower carb, drop some pounds and get my rear back to the gym.

Promises, promises. We shall see! I do want to weigh less for my trip to Hawaii in September. Even 5 pounds by then would make me happy.

don't give up, Vanilla. Just the fact that you are here is a victory.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 08-21-2012 at 12:54 PM..
Old 08-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

More for the alkaline water (I think!)...

Remember I commented yesterday that I wasn't hungry?
Well, I wasn't very hungry today, either, and
TOM arrived this afternoon, sort of early & unexpectedly.

The day before TOM, I *usually* cruise the house for hours, snacking on this & that but never satisfied.
Like, I'll have something sweet, then need something salty, then something crunchy, then want some cheese, then a cookie, or some chocolate, and then I need something salty again!

I think I sort of had that feeling last night, but I had resolved not to eat after 8pm (moving the cut-off time a little every night). Or maybe it was 2 nights ago...I remember eating some pretzels dipped in peanut butter! But I wasn't out of control; it was actually something I'd been thinking of eating for 3 or 4 days.

Anyway, I haven't had much urge to snack between meals since starting the baking soda + water, and I haven't even been as interested in sweet drinks like iced tea & lemonade, which I usually sip on all day!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #80
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You want to be careful of that Vanilla Latte....you just ask her. Vanilla - thread killer

Wow there is a lot to take in here. I thin I'll just go to my room, drink dirt and go to sleep. I am sure it makes my sleep better.

For the rest..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #81

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
The body needs only 500 mg of sodium per day. Half teaspoon of baking soda has 616 mg of sodium. Hmmmmmmm.....this seems like a dilemna!!! any thoughts???

Also, it seems I read that vinegar is not good for an alkaline diet. But I have read and heard so often that putting ACV in water is great for health. ??? I'm getting confused enough that I need to stop now!!
I am so confused on all this stuff too that is why I am glad you all are discussing this here I can glean all your ideas and see what I think. I know that my DH and son are taking ACV nightly for their allergies. My DH has asthma and allergies and my son very bad allergies. They can tell the difference when they take the ACV vs not taking it. It has to do with the alkaline balance in the body, but I am not sure what way it is. I take it nightly because of the digestion help and the potassium it gives me. If I take it before I go to bed, I don't get leg cramps. Those are painful

You have me convinced I now need to use baking soda in my water now
Old 08-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Personally, I don't worry about sodium unless I feel my hands & feet starting to swell & itch. If I take some potassium, it helps get rid of excess water (for me). I've read that salt has gotten a bad rap, and it's not as harmful as we've been told--if it is even harmful at all!

I meant to look into this question about vinegar a few days ago, when you posted it.

Raw/unpasteurized ACV does seem to be "great for health" for many people. I've assumed that it would have an alkalizing effect, like lemon, when taken in water.

But I found this today:
Quote:
Acid Foods
This group consists of foods whose alkalizing or acidifying effect depends on the metabolic capacities of the person who eats them.

These foods contain a good deal of acid, hence their taste. The acids in them are weak, however, which means for people capable of metabolizing them properly by easily oxidizing them, they are transformed into alkaline elements and therefore contribute to the alkalization of the body. But for people whose metabolisms cannot handle acids properly, the large quantity of acids contained in these foods is not oxidized, and they thus will have an acidifying effect.

The primary acid foods are fruits, whey, and vinegar.
  • Whey, yogurt, curds, kefir, small curd cottage cheese
  • Unripe fruits (the less ripe a fruit, the higher its acid content)
  • Acid fruits: berries (red and black currants, raspberries, strawberries); citrus fruits (lemons, grapefruit, tangerines, oranges); certain varieties of apples (Winesap), cherries (Morello), plums apricots
  • Sweet fruits (especially when eaten in excess), melon, watermelon
  • Acid vegetables: tomato, rhubarb, sorrel, watercress
  • Sauerkraut, vegetables that have been lactofermented (cultured with Lactobacillus)
  • Fruit juices, lemon juice (in salad dressing)
  • Honey
  • Vinegar
--from Christopher Vasey's website
I'm not familiar with this theory, that some people metabolize these foods differently than others, so maybe it's something this guy came up with, and not generally known/accepted in other alkaline diet resources?

I don't know how you're supposed to figure out how you metabolize these foods.

However, I test my reaction to particular food/substance by doing a urine test with a pH strip when I wake up, eat or drink ONLY that one thing on an empty stomach, and test again in an hour or so.

This is how I know that baking soda really, really works!
The strip turns super, super blue with even just 1/2 teaspoon!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the good info, P.J. There are obviously different views on all of this. Young says squeezing lemon in water turns it alkaline.

Interesting about the test strips.

I'm going back and forth about the baking soda because of the sodium. On the one hand, the first day I did it I drank a lot of baking soda water all day long. (that's before I realized just how many mgs of sodium it had in it).

That was my first day back after the 11 day vacation. I had been up 8 pounds on the scale that morning. I also added liquid chlorophyll and organic ACV to two glasses of my baking soda water.

The scale was down -4.6 the next morning. So the next day I read about the sodium content and stopped the baking soda.

Hmmmmm..... I think maybe I'll try it again today because I had a big bounce up on the scale this morning for some reason. Maybe since I am a fast oxidizer and I also take a potassium supplement every day, just maybe the sodium goes right through and out of my body? Don't know.

Good discussion about all of this, though! Thanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #84

Yam

Is there a reason to limit sodium in your diet? Not everyone needs to reduce their sodium intake. I went to my doctor 3 years ago and I have low blood pressure and have adrenal fatigue. She told me to add salt to my diet---lots of it!! Contrary to popular belief, not everyone has to limit sodium.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Yam

Is there a reason to limit sodium in your diet? Not everyone needs to reduce their sodium intake. I went to my doctor 3 years ago and I have low blood pressure and have adrenal fatigue. She told me to add salt to my diet---lots of it!! Contrary to popular belief, not everyone has to limit sodium.
DawnS.C.: That's very interesting. What causes adrenal fatique and what are the symptoms if you don't mind sharing?

I don't have any medical reason that I know of to reduce sodium. I do notice if I eat salty foods like popcorn with salt or potato chips the scale goes way up the next day. My ankles are really skinny and you can't tell by looking at them if I'm retaining fluid or not.

But, my rings are normally super loose (I should maybe have them made smaller). But, the day after eating a lot of salt, they are not loose. I can still get them off easily, but I can tell they are tighter.

So, from the scale going up which drives me nuts and makes me crazy and then noticing that my rings are not loose, I assumed the salt is making me retain fluid and I don't want that. I figure I get enough sodium just from eating a healthy diet.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What causes adrenal fatique and what are the symptoms if you don't mind sharing?
Some symptoms are listed in the first post of this thread:

Q: NOT fasting better for adrenals (+ cortisol, blood glucose, etc)?

The main cause is, basically, "prolonged stress", which causes the adrenals to over-produce cortisol.
Some causes could be physical, like illness, malnutrition, chronic pain or insomnia.
Others could be emotional or mental, like stressful jobs, relationships, financial situations
that cause us to worry or feel helpless or threatened.

Last edited by piratejenny; 08-22-2012 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: Add quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

P.J. My sister just called me and we had a long chat! Yay! I'm going to send you a P.M.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #88

Quote:
DawnS.C.: That's very interesting. What causes adrenal fatique and what are the symptoms if you don't mind sharing?

I don't have any medical reason that I know of to reduce sodium. I do notice if I eat salty foods like popcorn with salt or potato chips the scale goes way up the next day. My ankles are really skinny and you can't tell by looking at them if I'm retaining fluid or not.

But, my rings are normally super loose (I should maybe have them made smaller). But, the day after eating a lot of salt, they are not loose. I can still get them off easily, but I can tell they are tighter.

So, from the scale going up which drives me nuts and makes me crazy and then noticing that my rings are not loose, I assumed the salt is making me retain fluid and I don't want that. I figure I get enough sodium just from eating a healthy diet.
I totally understand. I went to this doctor in particular because I wanted help with my thyroid. I told her my list of symptoms and she said "adrenal fatigue" but did the tests for everything. The symptoms that are for thyroid are the exact ones for adrenal fatigue. So it is very tricky to discern one from the other. My doctor took my hair and we did a hair analysis. She saw that my sodium/potassium levels were way off. So she said to up my sodium--but with the good kind. I use Celtic or Himalayan sea salt. No regular table salt for me. But I too have found that when I increase my salt, my body retains it. So I am not so sure I have to overload in it, just make sure I get some!! I don't think I have given it enough time to work its way in my body though. I think increasing slowly is better than adding in 1tsp in a day. Ah, one day I hope to be all sorted out

I have discovered that coconut water is great for water retention. I take a cup (8 oz) on the day after going out to a restaurant. It really does help because of the sodium/potassium ratio IT has. I love coconut water

Oh, and I guess I should say that I have adrenal fatigue as well as hypothyroidism. Yay me! NOT!!!

Last edited by dawnyama; 08-22-2012 at 12:46 PM..
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey Vanilla: Wine away, Hon!!! We love ya and the best thing about the BUDDS is we all feel each other's pain and frustration. Your body is still healing. Be kind and gentle to YOU because you deserve it.

I do like your idea of combining WW and JUDD. I sort of combined WW and Dukan when I was doing his 2nd phase. What it did for me was force me to get the healthy guideline foods minimums in. I'm thinking maybe I should go back to doing that.

I do pretty good with getting in healthy oils and liquids. Lately I have not been getting in much dairy or enough lean protein. When I was following Dukan/WW I just skipped the fruits and upped the non-starchy veggies.

Promises, promises. We shall see! I do want to weigh less for my trip to Hawaii in September. Even 5 pounds by then would make me happy.

don't give up, Vanilla. Just the fact that you are here is a victory.
Aw, thanks, being that I'm this close to just saying the heck with it all, I, too, feel it's a victory. I'm not sure that combining would help because realistically, the only thing WW would help with is making it easier to track my calories! We're going on vacation soon, too, and I would love to get back down to my May low - but body must still, indeed, be in healing mode and won't give up a thing right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
You want to be careful of that Vanilla Latte....you just ask her. Vanilla - thread killer
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Luv my Buddds!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

DawnS.C.: Thanks for the coconut water tip. I bought 2 cartons of it because I saw it at a low price at Grocery Outlet. But, I have not even opened it or tried it yet! Today should be the day to have some, I think. I just fixed another 16 ounce glass of ice water with baking soda and liquid chlorophyll. So, I'll finish that and go to the coconut water.

Vanilla: And we love you, Judd Budd!