Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I think Young mentioned women reversing osteoporosis by getting their bodies more alkaline. He said something about the body leaching calcium out of the bones when we are too acidic.

My sister started this 5 weeks ago. Her doctor put her on what he called "phase one" for the first week and told her she probably wouldn't lose any weight that week as it was a healing time for the body and metabolism.

Then she went into phase 2 for a couple of weeks and he told her she would start losing a half to one pound per day. She lost a pound a day most days. Some days half a pound, some days more than a pound. She said she couldn't believe it. And then the improvement in her blood sugar started happening really fast.

Now she is in phase 3 and her doctor told her she could eat pretty much anything she wanted while on vacation but try to stay away from bread, sugar and refined carbs. She actually had no desire for bread, chips, or sugary desserts even when they were right in front of her. She can't believe the appetite control and satisfaction that come with her WOE after never having experienced appetite suppression her entire life.

One day we were out to lunch and she was enjoying a huge juicy burger, slathered in cheese, with pickles, onions and everything (without the bun). On the side she had a huge amount of fresh, steamed veggies, corn on the cob with lots of butter and a side salad with EVOO and vinegar dressing.

She kept smacking her lips and saying, "I can't believe I get to eat like this and still lose weight and feel so good!"

She has definitely found something that works for her. I don't think her doctor has written down his plan. He started his weight loss clinic after doing his own studies and research to find the best and healthiest way for HIM to lose weight. He lost quite a bit and kept it off and so, he decided he wanted to dedicate his life to helping others get the same results and improved health benefits.

Maybe I can ask her to give me copies of her food lists for phases 1-2-3. She does not count calories. She just chooses any foods from the list for whatever phase she is in.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, and my sister drank wine every day! Lots and lots of Choco Vine, especially. She kept laughing about the fact that her doctor told her she could certainly have an occasional glass of wine in this phase. She said, "Yes. I have an occasional glass of champagne with breakfast, white wine at lunch, red wine with dinner and chocolate wine for dessert!" Our last morning at the villa, she didn't want the rest of the chocolate wine to go to waste so she had it for breakfast!!

She called me on Monday to tell me she hit a new low on the scale. So she went to the store and bought a bottle of Choco Vine! lol!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Is your sister's doctor balancing her pH with this diet. It sounds really good with whatever she is doing.

Thanks for sharing all of the info you give us, Yam Yam.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Omg, 5 weeks??? Including the vacation, and she's still losing?!!

I thought you were going to say at least 3 months, to lose 28lbs!!!

I would ***really!!!*** appreciate the food lists, if she wouldn't mind sharing.

Oh gosh, oh gosh...28lbs in 5 weeks...and NORMAL fbg...
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Is your sister's doctor balancing her pH with this diet. It sounds really good with whatever she is doing.

Thanks for sharing all of the info you give us, Yam Yam.
Yes. That's what the alkaline water is all about. Her doctor has a plumbed in water distiller at his office that turns regular water into alkaline water. Every week when she visits him, she takes 5 empty gallon sized water jugs and fills them up. He gives her the stainless steel alkalizing wands for when she is traveling. She just buys purified bottled water, puts the wand in and shakes it up for 30 seconds. Then she leaves the wand in the water for 15 minutes. You can actually see little tiny bubbles forming when it's working. If she does it with regular water that is not purified, you don't see the bubbles and she knows it's not working.

She and I were both pretty thrilled to find out lots of the stuff we do is the same and we were comparing notes while on vacation. I had gone grocery shopping and bought some of my regular foods and I also brought herbs and spices, like ground cinnamon with me in my checked bags on the airplane.

When she saw that I had lots of fresh fruit, green veggies, frozen blueberries, salmon, tilapia, greek yogurt, fresh corn on the cob, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and the cinnamon she was elated! She said, "It's like you were reading my mind about what foods I need!"

I had no idea that she was doing any new WOE as she had not told me. So, when she started explaining about her new doctor and the alkaline verses acid information, my ears perked up. I had never heard anything about this, ever, before. In all my reading about nutrition I never came across anything about the importance of balancing your PH and becoming more alkaline.

At least I had stumbled on the kinds of foods that go along with it for the most part. So, in a lot of ways I'm already eating this way. I had even started drinking liquid chlorophyll after Sunday talked about it on one of the threads. Now I'm learning that drinking it is a great way to get my body to a more alkaline state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Omg, 5 weeks??? Including the vacation, and she's still losing?!!

I thought you were going to say at least 3 months, to lose 28lbs!!!

I would ***really!!!*** appreciate the food lists, if she wouldn't mind sharing.

Oh gosh, oh gosh...28lbs in 5 weeks...and NORMAL fbg...
Neither one of my sisters has email. So, I'm going to have to call her or maybe send her a self-addressed-stamped-envelope and see if she will give up the goods, so to speak. I know she is paying her doctor for this valuable information so I hope she feels free to share it.

I got another book in the mail today from amazon. It's called "The Ultimate pH Solution: Balance your body chemistry to prevent disease and Lose Weight" by Michelle Schoffro Cook.

If I find any specific food lists or any good stuff in there I will pass along the info.

In everything I'm reading I have not read anything about phases. So, I think whatever my sister's doc is doing is a plan he came up with himself.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

When we were on vacation my sister mentioned that she would like to buy some kind of water ionization device.

So, I went to amazon and we looked together at a bunch of them. She decided on a relatively inexpensive one ($69.00) and since I have a Prime membership I had it shipped right to her house so it would be waiting for her when she got home.

You can spend into the thousands for a filtration system. But the reviews on some of the more inexpensive ones were good.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the quick response, Yam Yam. It is amazing what we learn about on our JUDDD site!

I think I'll order Dr. Youngs book.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Thanks for the quick response, Yam Yam. It is amazing what we learn about on our JUDDD site!

I think I'll order Dr. Youngs book.
I know! I learn so much here. I never heard of liquid chlorophyll. Maybe it was Beverly and not Sunday who taught us about that. I get confused about who said what sometimes.

What is interesting to me is that JUDD seems to be making me more and more interested in incorporating healthier foods and supplements into my diet.

I really feel great right now. The JUDD rotations are doing great things for my body and mind. And this desire I have to start including new things like chlorophyll and other nutritional supplements seems to be increasing my energy every day.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's why I'm so interested in your sister's doctor's phases & lists...I've read/heard plenty about it over the years, and never heard of (a) phases or (b) lists that include CHEESE (my favorite food group!) & red meat...prob not corn, either.

But I respect that her doc didn't give her the info for free & therefore she might not be comfortable giving it away.

I'm really HOPING, though!

Last edited by piratejenny; 08-16-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Old 08-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Just tried calling my sister. Her DH said she is doing volunteer work at their church and won't be home until 9 pm tonight. She keeps her cell phone turned off because it won't hold a charge. So, I'll try calling her tomorrow morning.

I'll let you know what she says, P.J.! Meantime I'm going to do some more searching around on the web to see if I can find any alkaline diets that mention phases or food lists. I'll report back if I find anything interesting.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
bump! want to hear more.
I have heard good things about alkalinizing water, but that the machinery is def in the thousands of dollars (like 4k) to get a decent one. I hear alot of crud though, may not be the case on the equipment.
Wish there was a place to fill water jugs like I do with my reverse osmosis water. Maybe there is a business opportunity here.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

I just read these 2 paragraphs on live strong:

"
Alkaline Foods

When following the acid-alkaline diet, approximately 75 to 80 percent of your diet should consist of alkaline foods. Green vegetables, whether raw or cooked, are categorized as alkaline foods. Other alkaline foods include potatoes, carrots, beets, corn, milk, bananas, almonds, dried fruits, avocado and cold-pressed oils. Natural sugars are also classified as alkaline.

Acidic Foods

On the acid-alkaline diet, acidic foods only comprise 20 to 25 percent of your diet. Acidic foods are those that are high in fat, carbohydrates or protein. These foods include meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, cheeses, vegetable oils, whole and refined grains, peanuts, walnuts and beans. Coffee, tea and wine are also categorized as acidic, as are ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise. Tomatoes are also acidic.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

I googled "water and soda for alkaline water" and came up with several sites that were very interesting. One has a list of foods and foods you can combine and ones you shouldn't combine.

I am using my iPad and cannot always get it to copy things such as web sites. I still cannot use my right hand so the iPad is a savior, but not a replacement for my Mac. We are traveling and I didn't bring the computer.

Anyhow I came up with a lot of interesting things to peruse.

Boy - are we going to be a healthy bunch!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I just read these 2 paragraphs on live strong:

Alkaline Foods

When following the acid-alkaline diet, approximately 75 to 80 percent of your diet should consist of alkaline foods. Green vegetables, whether raw or cooked, are categorized as alkaline foods. Other alkaline foods include potatoes, carrots, beets, corn, milk, bananas, almonds, dried fruits, avocado and cold-pressed oils. Natural sugars are also classified as alkaline.

Acidic Foods

On the acid-alkaline diet, acidic foods only comprise 20 to 25 percent of your diet. Acidic foods are those that are high in fat, carbohydrates or protein. These foods include meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, cheeses, vegetable oils, whole and refined grains, peanuts, walnuts and beans. Coffee, tea and wine are also categorized as acidic, as are ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise. Tomatoes are also acidic.
Hoo-boy!!! I don't recommend going by this list. They have a few things wrong.

"Tomatoes are acidic." But they're not acid-forming.
Lemons are acidic, too, but the effect they have on the body is alkalizing.

Milk is not alkalizing.

Not all fats are acid-forming; many are neutral or slightly alkalizing.

I'm not sure about corn (which is a grain, not a vegetable). Things made with cornmeal are acid-forming but maybe fresh corn is alkalizing.

There are many lists available that are more comprehensive and accurate. The guidelines on percentages seem about right, though.

FOOD COMBINING drives me crazy!!! No, no; I can't even talk about it. My head will explode.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
Old 08-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, there is definitely something to this alkaline water!!!
I don't usually test my bg too often
(I don't take insulin, and I know how most foods affect me, so there's not much point),
but I woke up from a nap very hungry and wondered what my bg was doing.

IT'S 80!!!

I'm very thirsty as well, so I'm going to finish off the bottle of water I was working on before I fell asleep before I eat. My tummy hurts, I'm so hungry; but my hands aren't shaking and I don't have any cravings, so I can't think of anything I want to fix for dinner!

I am trying not to let myself get too hungry or to be hungry for hours, since I'm working on adrenal & insomnia issues. (If you haven't been following our outher thread: fasting can supposedly raise cortisol, which can interfere with melatonin production, which can cause insomnia.)

Last edited by piratejenny; 08-16-2012 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: add word
Old 08-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
@PJ - wait - your BG is 80!!!???!!! And from what? L-Carnitine or alkalizing stuff? I'm so excited for you!

Just lurking and came out to post in support of your good news! I am reading lots but committed to not trying any new supplements at least for the short term, trying that rhumatol for arthritis pain (liquid, homeopathic) and need to give it a fair shake all on its own!
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
@PJ - wait - your BG is 80!!!???!!! And from what? L-Carnitine or alkalizing stuff? I'm so excited for you!

Just lurking and came out to post in support of your good news!
Thank you, thank you! Yes, it was 80!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And it was 78 yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, I happened to start L-carnitine + "alkaline water" (just water with baking soda added) on the same day.

I think it's most likely the water, because yesterday & today I took the l-c first thing in the morning, then did errands and went about my day, and my bg was still around 100 before lunch.

Yesterday I didn't try the water til the afternoon, and my bg was that low a couple hours later. Pretty much same thing today. (I got up to take DS to cross-country practice at 7am, home around 12.)

I'll skip the l-c tomorrow & maybe for a couple more days (I've had that dang bottle for months, so I guess I can wait another week...even though it's supposed to help burn fat...I'll try!!!) and let y'all know if I get the same results with just the water.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PS...wouldn't it be "funny" if a $2 box of baking soda is more effective than all the herbs/vitamins/amino acids/protein shakes/etc I've been choking down and obsessing over?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
PS...wouldn't it be "funny" if a $2 box of baking soda is more effective than all the herbs/vitamins/amino acids/protein shakes/etc I've been choking down and obsessing over?
It would actually be awesome!

I know my sis who has had such a dramatic reduction in BG is not taking L-C. But she has been drinking alkaline water for over 5 weeks now.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I know my sis who has had such a dramatic reduction in BG is not taking L-C. But she has been drinking alkaline water for over 5 weeks now.
Oh, derrr...that's right, your sister!
Yes, it probably is the water.
But I'll skip the L-carnitine for at least a day, to be sure...for science!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh, derrr...that's right, your sister!
Yes, it probably is the water.
But I'll skip the L-carnitine for at least a day, to be sure...for science!
Sounds like a good experiment. We are all becoming scientists!!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YamYam, do you know which "wand" your sister has for her water?
There are so many out there, but I'd be interested in the one being used
BY THE LADY WHO LOST 28LBS IN 5 WEEKS!!!

Did you get one for yourself?

How about the ionization device? I looked a bit on amazon and all the options made my head spin!!!

Last edited by piratejenny; 08-16-2012 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: change 1 word
Old 08-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I checked my bookshelf and yes, I do have a book called the PH Miracle. I glanced through it last night and this Dr. Young talks about adding hydrogen peroxide to water to make it alkaline. I can't remember if I tried any of the PH stuff years ago when I bought that book or not. I do remember I did not think I could eliminate all or most of the acid foods from my diet.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:03 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Hi all, I did an alkalizing diet a couple years ago. I tried it because of my acne, my skin got really well from doing it. I've also lost about 20 pounds. That was before I became vegan. Now with beeing vegan and mostly raw, I don't have to think about incorporating enough alkalizing foods, as I get naturally enough. There was also a time where a Doktor thought my body was to alkalize... I checked it with some paper strips, and I was always in the perfect area, except once, and that after I was eating bread!
I truly believe in the alkalizing thing. Never heard of that water thingie, with the ward you put in. ALso never heard about the baking powder.
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 415redhead
Stats: 136
WOE: BBD
Start Date: January 2012
l-carnitine

Interesting post.
My favorite book on health is by Michael Colgan who runs an athlete/longevity center and was one of the consultants for Usana Vitamins.
It is called "the new nutrition" and was written almost 20 years ago.
All of his principles have been mentioned here already-and the two supplements he lists for fat loss are l-carnitine (make sure it is good quality) at 2-4 grams a day and chromium picolinate (400-800 mcg a day). He does stress that it only works if it is coupled with strength exercise-either weight or using body weight.

This is what he says specifically:

L-Carnitine will help you, if you help it to help you.

If you are sedentary and the most exercise you do is to walk a hundred yards to the chip shop, popping Carnitine pills is a waste of time and money. With the help of certain vitamins, minerals and other amino acids such as lysine and methionine, the body is able to manufacture its own Carnitine, negating the need for supplementation. But according to some research, if you exercise regularly, supplementing your diet with this special amino-acid will keep your Carnitine status up and help you enhance the use of fat as an energy source.

But that's not all. According to leading sports nutritionist Michael Colgan, Carnitine has also been proven to increase athletic performance, both in endurance events and high intensity exercise. The benefits in treating angina and respiratory problems have also been researched and the evidence is so overwhelming that a number of pharmaceutical companies now manufacture Carnitine as prescription medication. As always, there are other studies which have demonstrated that the effect Carnitine has on the metabolism of fat is not as effective as this all suggests. Studies and research are always questioned and disproved in some way but certainly there is substantiating evidence to prove that l-Carnitine can have a positive effect on fat loss, provided you follow a sensible diet and exercise regularly.

Had no idea about baking soda-wonderful tips here as always.
415redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
PJ,

Woohoo on the BG being 78! How much baking soda are you adding to your drink? I drink a lot of lemon/acv water and curious if that is enough? I use to own the ph strips that you test your urine with. Not sure if I have the same book or if I ordered them for another diet? I think I have tried too many different things.

I found a food list that had the food categorized in highly alkaline to highly acidic. I can't give the link due to ads, but it is one of the first ones that come up on google...

I agree with Rebecca that if you are vegan or raw foodist, this would come naturally. All meat is acidic.

HIGH ALKALINE

avocado
granulated soy
lima beans
soy lecithin
soy nuts
soy beans
white navy beans
baking soda
red beets
radishes
stevia
alfalfa grass
wheatgrass
cabbage
cucumber
green beans
garlic
ginger
kale
jicama
oregano
spinach
brocolli

Mid to low alkaline (not acidic)

buttermilk
tea
borage oil
coconut oil
evening primrose oil
flax seed oil
marine lipids
olive oil
banana
cherries
coconut
figs
limes
tomato
watermelon
lemon
buckwheat
lentils
millet
royal jelly
bee pollen
almonds
almond butter
pine nuts
potato
rutabaga
yams
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 08-17-2012 at 07:22 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
My pea brain is on overload from reading and googling about this acidic/alkaline stuff. I give massive amounts of kudos to all of you going to the depths you do on all this stuff!!!

Because I'm not the kind of exerciser that it appears L-Carnitine is supposed to be most geared for, I guess I'll skip getting it. I did the lemon water thing for while (and still do when we go out to eat), but I don't know that it helped anything. I'm taking the DE religiously and am hoping I'll begin seeing results from that. Maybe not in the weight loss area, but other supposed benefits it gives. PJ, I just remembered something else that was working for everyone - that apple cider drink (Bragg's). I'm sure you've seen that colossal thread on the main board. Another thing that didn't do a thing for me.

Is it really this hard for us to lose weight???? Don't answer that. The answer is obvious!! What is frustrating is that you know darn well millions of people have lost weight without having to go to such scientific lengths. Gah!!

Forgive me, I'm really tired today and it's coming out as crankiness. But again, kudos to all you deep thinkers and studiers, I applaud you!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I checked my bookshelf and yes, I do have a book called the PH Miracle. I glanced through it last night and this Dr. Young talks about adding hydrogen peroxide to water to make it alkaline. I can't remember if I tried any of the PH stuff years ago when I bought that book or not. I do remember I did not think I could eliminate all or most of the acid foods from my diet.
From what I'm reading from several sources, you only need to try to eat 70% alkaline and the other 30% acidic. That makes sense, right? Most people following the SAD diet (Standard American Diet) are about 80/20 the other way. Lots of fast food and processed/packaged food; not enough green veggies; no idea about their water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
My pea brain is on overload from reading and googling about this acidic/alkaline stuff. I give massive amounts of kudos to all of you going to the depths you do on all this stuff!!!

Because I'm not the kind of exerciser that it appears L-Carnitine is supposed to be most geared for, I guess I'll skip getting it. I did the lemon water thing for while (and still do when we go out to eat), but I don't know that it helped anything. I'm taking the DE religiously and am hoping I'll begin seeing results from that. Maybe not in the weight loss area, but other supposed benefits it gives. PJ, I just remembered something else that was working for everyone - that apple cider drink (Bragg's). I'm sure you've seen that colossal thread on the main board. Another thing that didn't do a thing for me.

Is it really this hard for us to lose weight???? Don't answer that. The answer is obvious!! What is frustrating is that you know darn well millions of people have lost weight without having to go to such scientific lengths. Gah!!

Forgive me, I'm really tired today and it's coming out as crankiness. But again, kudos to all you deep thinkers and studiers, I applaud you!
Yep. We all probably feel your frustration the same way now and again. Have to say, I did lose weight with Dukan's lc plan, but I felt tired and my skin looked dry. I also felt a lot of stress about it.

Doing JUDD is different. I feel energized. I feel very positive and quite happy all the time. My skin is plump and moist. Finding JUDD after not knowing or hearing anything about IF my whole life made me think, "what else is out there that I don't know about that could make me feel great??"

When my sister showed up and the change in her was so glowingly obvious, I wanted to know what she was up to! when she started telling me about the alkaline plan her doctor put her on, I felt again that "here is something I never heard about and it could have some real health benefits."

So, I'm not doing this out of stress or an anxious need to lose weight faster. After all, my plan is to maintain my loss during August and then move to a more agressive WLM in September. I truly think that JUDDing has not only caused me to crave healthier foods, it's making me seek out any method or plan that can support my new desire to get and stay healthy.

You are sooooooo cute, Vanilla! You don't sound cranky. You sound like any of us who have tried a million things and don't need anyone else telling us to do something more.

Keep doing what you are doing. Follow your heart and listen to your body and your brain. Love you, Girl!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Redhead, those two supplements have been used by athletes and bodybuilders since...forever.
There is something to the exercise part for sure.

PJ, if you look at enough food lists, you will find some variation. Some have a vegetarian slant that is pretty slanted.

I have the book and followed it in my vegetarian days and what I know now from studying science and medicine is this; acid (forming) foods are typically protein and starch (don't forget that some vegies become more acid when cooked. Potato is a good example).

Alkalines are typically non starchy vegies and fruits.

Oils/fats tend to be neutral but slow digestion so your body may need to increase stomach acid for longer periods.

There are food items that are less one way or the other, like nuts, but they produce an acid ash to some degree so I don't ever see them as alkaline.

This is where the old food combining rules (we're not talking Suzanne Sommers here) may come in handy....if you are concerned; Eat starch and vegies or meat and vegies....don't be shy w the vegies.

The bottom line is that acid/alkaline is about mineral balance. For instance; sulfer, phosphorus, etc are acid and calcium, k, mg, Na, etc are alkalizers.
They are ALL necessary!

You can go too alkaline and this is why older vegans, CRON, etc have fraility, ostiopenia....(there seems to be this misconception that one way is better than the other).

Bones are not the only place your body goes to balance....ALL your organs have minerals.

The nice thing about sodium bicarb is that it is safe unless you need to reduce sodium. And that's usually just a bandaid for an underlying cause that needs to be corrected.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

P.J."

NewCell Alkaline Hydrogen Portable Water Ionizer Stick
by NewCell

3.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (22 customer reviews) | Like (11)
Price: $6.75 Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime.

Only 20 left in stock.

Product Features

Made From Food-Grade 304 Stainless Steel
Coverts Ordinary Water to Alkaline Water in Minutes
Simple, Convenient, and Easy to Use
Negative ORP Creates Healthy, Antioxidant Water

that's the one I just bought. It looked a lot like the one my sister's doctor gave to her. Now it looks to me like they changed the photo?? Anyhoo, it's cheap, easy to use and I just got it Wednesday so only used it once so far. It's easier to do the baking soda! And I'm starting to actually like the taste of baking soda water with lemon squeezed in.

Also:

H2gO Portable Alkaline Water Purifier
by Tyent
4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews) | Like (4)
Price: $64.95 Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime.
Special Offers Available

In Stock.
Sold by Healthy Water LLC

Product Features

Bio-ceramic filter reduces impurities - chlorine, heavy metals, insecticides and other impurities
Eliminates E.Coli, B. Subtilis, S. Aurene
Quickly re-mineralizes tap water with alkaline mineral cartridge
Over 1,300 refills per filter with no electricity or tap required
Creates water with an Oxygen Reduction Potential of -250 (High Antioxidant)!

Product Description
The H2Go is the unique portable solution to safe drinking water. Its central cartridge contains alkaline minerals, magnets and filter medium. It re-mineralizes and ionizes ordinary tap water while filtering out chlorine, heavy metals and bacteria. The H2Go is easy to use. Simply fill it up, drink it down, or take it with you to immediately enjoy the benefits of fresh tasting alkaline hydration on the go. The H2Go makes it easy to drink two liters of good water a day. Save the Planet from Plastic!
Product Details

Product Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 7 inches ; 13.4 ounces

That is the filter my sister just bought for herself.