Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Back from vacation plus extra vacation??

That's how I'm feeling this morning! A bit overwhelmed.

I miss my sisters. We had such an awesome time together.

We parted Friday morning at the San Diego airport. They headed for Pittsburgh, PA and I landed in Sacramento an hour later to 107 degree weather and hooked up with DD and grand kids.

DH had a weekend swim meet at the College of San Mateo near San Francisco so we packed up our 12 and 13 year old grand daughters and headed out. We rented a nice 2 bedroom 2 bath, full kitchen unit in San Mateo but spent most of the time watching all the heats at the 2 Olympic sized pools @ the college.

DH got two second place ribbons of the 9 heats he swam in.

Finally I am back home this morning and already trying to catch up on laundry.

I weighed myself Friday morning and was up 5 pounds. Then I didn't weigh all weekend. It was soooooooooo hot at the swim meet and my legs are swollen from all the walking (parking lot is miles and miles long). I took the girls back and forth to the hotel so they could swim and get some relief from the heat.

This morning I finally weighed again and I'm up a total of 8 pounds from when I left on August 2nd.

Surprisingly I'm not worried about it. I feel bloated. Like a cow. Oh. Not. Funny. Huh?? But what can I say. I was so tired last night that when we stopped for dinner I just ate all the wrong stuff. I had a burger with cheese, french fries and we had calamari with cocktail sauce for an appetizer.

Talk about a salt and fat fest!!!

I must tell you I'm so happy about today's DD!!!!! This is the most I've ever longed for a DD since I started JUDDing!! I suspect I'll be down about 4 pounds by tomorrow because I know I'm retaining fluid. I can feel it.

I have been sleep deprived. My sisters and I stayed up until 4 a.m. several nights. We are catching up on so much time lost. Then, we didn't sleep in because we were so excited about spending days together. We must have all been running on pure adrenaline because we didn't take naps in the daytime and we never felt tired.

I did crash in the car on the way to San Mateo. I just flopped over in the seat and fell into a deep sleep for about 15 minutes. Unusual for me.

Sorry for writing a book here! I missed you all so much!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
back! I'm glad you had a good time!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Welcome back!! Glad you had a good time and with your weight loss record on JUDDD, you'll get that vacation "fun" off in no time.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Sounds like a refreshing visit for you soul and your body as well. I'm sure both are looking forward to getting back to JUDDD and a new low weight (isn't it great that a break can sometimes be the exact thing we need).

back!
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
Please give Mr. YamYam a hearty Congratulations from us.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome back! Glad you had a great time. A couple good dd's will have you back where you were in no time. The vacation weight will fly off, and the memories will last a lifetime.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Glad you're back. Missed you. But glad you had such a great time with your sisters, and even with the heat, I'll bet the swim meet was fun. Woo Hoo for your DH placing in ribbons! That makes it even more fun.

I know you're an old enough JUDDDer here to not be much worried about the weight gain. I'll bet almost totally water weight gain, and that comes off quickly.

Sure glad you're back here!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Welcome back Yam Yam! Reading your story tells me that I should appreciate it more that my sisters are living less then 30mins from me! Big hug to you!
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Welcome back Yamyam!

Oh dear, the calamari and cocktail sauce has me all goo-goo. It is an Up Day, so I guess I can pine for seafood.

sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Welcome back - sounds like a lot of fun! I am betting 2 DDs and you will be back to your old self again!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks everyone! I'm down -1.2 pounds already today. I'm just drinking water with ACV and some liquid chlorophyll stirred in. Not hungry in the least. So glad I have no lingering cravings. I feel full, almost like I just ate a huge meal. Strange, huh?

I have a ton of energy and am powering through chores like there is nothing to it. I'm going to make some chicken breasts, spinach, rice and cole slaw for DH for dinner and nibble if I need to. But, if this full feeling continues I may be able to do a full DD fast today. That would be great. Looking forward to what Miss Scale says tomorrow!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
back! You were missed, but I'm thrilled that you had a good time. When I read your OP I thought you had a car crash, but then I got it... you crashed/ slept in the car I think I need a vacation!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
back! You were missed, but I'm thrilled that you had a good time. When I read your OP I thought you had a car crash, but then I got it... you crashed/ slept in the car I think I need a vacation!
sorry about that! It sort of felt like a car crash! In fact what woke me from my 15 minute coma was a driver in front of us slamming on his brakes for some unseen reason, causing my DH to slam on his breaks. Loving seat belts! Otherwise I would have been on the hood of the car!

Carly, somewhere while skimming posts today I saw someone write "sorry for your loss" but I didn't find out what happened. Just want you to know you are a precious JUDD BUDD and whatever the loss, I pray for comfort and peace for you, dear friend.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Thanks Yam Yam. One of my dearest friends died about 10 days ago. I think I am still in shock.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Yam Yam. One of my dearest friends died about 10 days ago. I think I am still in shock.
Pray for you to heal and gain some sense of release of grief from the loss.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh, Sweetie, I am so, so sorry. I can truly say I know how you feel as I have experienced this. My very best friend passed away in her sleep when she was only 46. Gosh, that was 13 years ago now and it still hurts. They never found out why and just said she died of natural causes. The not knowing hurt bad, too. I still miss her. I love you and will be thinking of you as you work through the grief and the loneliness you will feel.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
YamYam, also I'm not sure if you are aware that while you were vacationing your name was mentioned early on in a thread that has since become a new "sticky", so check that out.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
YamYam, also I'm not sure if you are aware that while you were vacationing your name was mentioned early on in a thread that has since become a new "sticky", so check that out.
Thanks! Wow! I got lost in that thread and will have to go back tomorrow to read more of the links and watch the videos. I want to keep going right now, but DH is hungry and I've got to cook. Darn! It's my wonderful DD and I'm enjoying not thinking about food.

Update: it's close to 6 p.m. and the scale is down 2.4 pounds from my early morning weight today. So, after a week long vacation plus 2.5 days of "extra vacation" in San Mateo I gained 8 pounds. Then in less than a day I have lost 2.4 of those already! And the day ain't ovah yet! I usually weigh less in the morning than I did the night before, so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning's results! Experiment, experiment, right? And, I'm feeling AWESOME!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
So great to have you back Yam Yam! Miss your wonderful posts when you are gone. Look forward to "hearing" about the rest of the small gain being a thing of the past!!! How awesome that such good times don't come at that great a cost!!! I'm betting it will take less time than your entire trip was to get back where you were!! Just can't beat this WOE!!! NO WAY...NO HOW!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
WELCOME BACK!!

I think a good, strong DD is the perfect ending to a great vacation. Funny to think of eating low- or no-cal as meaning 'Welcome Home'.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:59 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Welcome back Yam Yam~ SO thirlled you enjoyed LIFE~ Congrats to your hubby on his placments.. and i bet your sisters feel the same loss that you do. Nice to know that we can go and just be carfree!!( and all gains are water you know that right?? ) Life is to short .. enjoy it while you can.. and with JUDDD..We can do this!~ Wont be long and those pesky WATER pounds will be gone Lov ya and happy to know your home~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:03 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 51yo
Start Date: 4-19-12
YamYam, Welcome back.
The photos of you with your sisters are gorgeous.
This is one of my favorite parts of the vacation, ie the part where you tell us how much you gained and then, day by day, how quickly it disappears. It gives huge comfort, reading this.
It's like a big JUDDD safety net underneath all of us.
Enjoy your return home. We're so happy to have ou back.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
So glad you had such a fantastic time!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Zoneish, Organic, GrassFed, Gluten-Free 5/13
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Thanks! Wow! I got lost in that thread and will have to go back tomorrow to read more of the links and watch the videos. I want to keep going right now, but DH is hungry and I've got to cook. Darn! It's my wonderful DD and I'm enjoying not thinking about food.

Update: it's close to 6 p.m. and the scale is down 2.4 pounds from my early morning weight today. So, after a week long vacation plus 2.5 days of "extra vacation" in San Mateo I gained 8 pounds. Then in less than a day I have lost 2.4 of those already! And the day ain't ovah yet! I usually weigh less in the morning than I did the night before, so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning's results! Experiment, experiment, right? And, I'm feeling AWESOME!!!
I it! I'm so happy to hear you had a fantastic time. I loved your pictures! And, you are losing the vacation weight quickly! I lost 3.1 lbs yesterday on my first DD after my 3 day vacay, so I know it is a great feeling!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW GREAT THIS IS!!!

DD MAGIC FOR SURE!!! My scale is DOWN -4.8 this morning! Wooooo-Hooooooo!!! Seriously, is there any other WOE on the planet that can wipe away ELEVEN DAYS of vacation "sins" like this one so quickly?? I'm still blown away by this. I only have 3.2 pounds left to go before I'm back to my pre-vacation weight. JUDD ROCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
So great to have you back Yam Yam! Miss your wonderful posts when you are gone. Look forward to "hearing" about the rest of the small gain being a thing of the past!!! How awesome that such good times don't come at that great a cost!!! I'm betting it will take less time than your entire trip was to get back where you were!! Just can't beat this WOE!!! NO WAY...NO HOW!!!

Phyl
I know! We never have to give up enjoying life, vacations, holidays, parties, birthdays again. Unreal. Somebody pinch me! (But if you do I might bite you. )-reflex action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
WELCOME BACK!!

I think a good, strong DD is the perfect ending to a great vacation. Funny to think of eating low- or no-cal as meaning 'Welcome Home'.
I loved my welcome home DD yesterday. I ended up having almost 400 calories for dinner. I had 2 ounces grilled chicken, spinach and a big bowl of home made vegetable soup with a teaspoon of coconut oil stirred in. Then two heaping tablespoons of dark semi-sweet chocolate chips and a glass of FF milk right before bed. Happy girl here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Welcome back Yam Yam~ SO thirlled you enjoyed LIFE~ Congrats to your hubby on his placments.. and i bet your sisters feel the same loss that you do. Nice to know that we can go and just be carfree!!( and all gains are water you know that right?? ) Life is to short .. enjoy it while you can.. and with JUDDD..We can do this!~ Wont be long and those pesky WATER pounds will be gone Lov ya and happy to know your home~
You are so right on all counts. My sisters each called me yesterday to say how much they miss me, so I know they are feeling the same way I do. We just gabbed and gabbed about all the fun we had.

One sister (the blond one) introduced us to chocolate wine! We polished off 4 bottles of that stuff. The other sister called and told me she just got back from buying this new found treat, called her daughters and told them to come over to her house for the evening to try it. So fun.

I truly was carefree, knowing that I could come home, start my rotations and get back to where I was and even lower in no time at all and with not much suffering.

Today I will enjoy my UD, not go crazy, and look forward to another great DD tomorrow to wipe away the rest of this vacay wt. Yay JUDD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
YamYam, Welcome back.
The photos of you with your sisters are gorgeous.
This is one of my favorite parts of the vacation, ie the part where you tell us how much you gained and then, day by day, how quickly it disappears. It gives huge comfort, reading this.
It's like a big JUDDD safety net underneath all of us.
Enjoy your return home. We're so happy to have ou back.
Thank you! I love my sisters so much. The older one (70 years old) has fought her weight all her life. She has 13 kids, all single births. Last year she took off 27 pounds with WW early in the year, but put it all back on. I was thrilled to learn when we got together that she has discovered the alkaline diet and is loving it. She has lost that 27 pounds again and this time she is determined to keep going so she can get to a healthy weight.

My other sister retired from a very, very stressful job. Thursday was her last day, her retirement party, and then Friday morning she was on a plane to California for our girl's week. What a way to start retirement! All her life she was skinny, skinny, skinny. Then she got this job and the stress started to grow and she started putting on weight. She has never known how to take it off.

My other sister and I had so much fun just educating her about what we are doing and she is ready to learn and get her weight down now that she is retired and can find out what "me time" is. She is 60 years old so this is the perfect time for her to focus on her health.

You are so right about this WOE being a safety net. Great way to look at it. I was able to relax, have fun, go out to fabulous restaurants (we had dinner at the Hotel Del Coronado on our last night together. Boy, that was a feast!!!). And, I didn't fret or worry. I did weigh every morning as did my older sister.

Anyone remember how I said I should hide my scale so they didn't think I was nuts?? She was so happy when she saw that scale! She has a doctor helping her with her WOE and he recommended she go to the gym every day, not to exercise but because he told her there would probably be a scale there. She didn't have to because I had my WW travel scale.

Every morning my other sister and I couldn't wait for her report.

Yesterday she called to tell me she is -.2 down from where she was before she left for California. She was so thrilled because, like me, she ate anything she wanted. She just got back home Friday, got back on her plan and hit a new low yesterday. I'm thrilled she has found something that works for her.

Look at verbose, blabbermouth me!!! Do you think I'm trying to make up for all the time I was gone in one post??

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 08-14-2012 at 08:17 AM..
Old 08-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Hey Yam!
I'm in the same position after being away 2+ weeks in Manila and Sydney, and slacking off the weekend I came back.

Started with a DD on Aug 6th, and as of the other day, I was 4lbs down (of the 7 I gained).

I hate having to do the work over again, but I think like you, I enjoyed a bit of care-free living and got to try new things with people, which was a great experience.

we can do this!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woohoo! YamYam! I believe JUDDD is the best rebound repair!

Hey, if you have some free time, could you post some of your links in regard to "benefits of IF" to our new stickie? We are trying to gather all of the good info and I couldn't find the thread that you began, I believe last March? Anyway, I know how you save and research and thought about you!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
What fun you had!
I had two sisters-I am the "baby". I miss my oldest sister who died too young, and don't see my other one often enough, but when I do, it's always a bunch of laughs.

What's the quote? "Parents die, men leave, children grow up, but your sister is with you your whole life". Or something like that but better.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
What fun you had!
I had two sisters-I am the "baby". I miss my oldest sister who died too young, and don't see my other one often enough, but when I do, it's always a bunch of laughs.

What's the quote? "Parents die, men leave, children grow up, but your sister is with you your whole life". Or something like that but better.
Scotty: I'm so sorry you lost your sister. I know how it hurts to lose a sibling as I have lost 2 brothers recently. I have 5 sisters. One has Alzheimers and the other is dealing with Chorea muscle convulsions, though they seem to be improving. The two I got away with are the closest to me. The 70 year old was like my mother growing up (my mother was more like my grand mother). The 60 year old is 2 years older than me and we used to compete for the same boyfriends when we were teens!!!

We were laughing about all the years we had to sleep in the same double bed growing up. With 5 boys and 5 girls in our family, there was a serious lack of space. We slept 3 to a bed. I always got scrunched in the middle. That was the bad part for me. The bad part for them was that I occasionally wet the bed!!!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Quote:
The bad part for them was that I occasionally wet the bed!!!!!
Me too! But "only" two of us in the bed...
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote