Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
I keep wanting ice cream!

I started with the Breyer's CarbSmart ice creams... and the no sugar added varieties... then I got stuck on just about any kind - McDonald's ice cream cones, Breyer's Blast varieties with all kinds of cookies and baked goodies packed into 'em, and even the occasional three-scoop sundae at Friendly's... but I feel like I must have ice cream every day! I tried to keep it to just UDs, but now it's on DDs too! I still keep the calories into consideration, but I can't get past this ice cream-craving phase!

Anyone else stuck on certain foods that you have to eat every day? Any that are healthier than mine?
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
It was harder for me at the beginning. And it is for many who wish to do JUDDD in a way that allows for all foods to be enjoyed once again.

But after awhile, you get to understanding deep in your gut that it's OK to not have something every day.. the world will never run out, and you can have it for the rest of your life. You just to need to postpone gratification with it for a few hours, until tomorrow. And sometimes, depending on what our *great desire* is.. you can even work a few calories worth of it into Down Days too.

The thing to realize is this: All weight management plans require some restriction, in some way. JUDDD just requires that you eat at very low calories every other day. That's one of the easiest and most generous ways to restrict your food intake. And if you can master it, you will be set for life! You will be able to eat anything that you choose to include in your diet forevermore... if you can learn to say no for the few short hours that is a Down Day.

Last edited by SoHappy; 08-12-2012 at 07:07 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
It's ice cream season. I could eat it all the time and nothing else. But I don't....so sad.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/224.2/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD REstart 05/09/14 at 232.5
I'm eating it right now (up day). But I've had to find other cool creamy things for DDs. My favorites are sf/ff greek yogurt with SF chocolate syrup or cottage cheese with fruit. They at least give me the same sense of fullness that ice cream does.

Marla
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #5

Gallery: toomuchbooty
I'm eyeballing a professional grade ice cream maker, that is how much I like ice cream. On down days I have 50 calorie coconut milk mini fudgsicles (so good brand).
toomuchbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Ther are some low calorie fudgsicles for sure. I fell in love with blue bunny natural frozen yogurt. Carmel praline crunch. And at 110 cal/ 1/2 cup I can usually squeeze that in a dd. And if not I go for the latter
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Curvesgal
Stats: 197/126.6/125
WOE: JUDDDING
During the warmer month I always alot for a frozen treat. Arctic Zero is only 150 calories per pint. And it you can find it, thinslim is 100 calories per pint ( peanut butter is my fav) - I am fortunate to have Linda's Diet Delights just a few miles from my home - they have lots of yummy diet foods
Curvesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:44 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchbooty View Post
I'm eyeballing a professional grade ice cream maker
OOOOOO, Now THERE is an idea I can really sink my teeth into!! I am now officially dreaming of exotic recipes.

Ice cream is my downfall. Gelato is my throw myself under the bus and perish in ecstasy. ONLY allowed as a special occasion celebration......unless I start making it myself.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 08-13-2012 at 03:47 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:51 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Wow, I used to have the Skinny Cow ice cream when I did WW, but never thought about working it in on a DD? I will have to remember this for a special occasion.

My go to on DD for sweets, is the SF Jello with a topper of whipped cream and blueberries.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Chuckle, on DD I avoid sweets. Can't tolerate AS, and after reading a few articles about "Is Alzheimer's Diabetes Type 3?" am beginning to worry about sugar as anything other than a special occasion nosh.

Sunday, you are adorable!!!! I am so glad you made that pic your avi instead of hiding it on another page!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #11
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
The "slow churned" ice cream is lower calorie per serving because it has more air whipped into it.
The 95% fat free cool whip is 25 cals per 3T. You can gently fold some crystal light (lemonade or strawberry work great!) into it and make teaspoon sized bites and freeze them. (3 calories each bite).
(an 8oz container of cool whip gets a lot of flavor from 1 individual packet of drink mix).
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Every single day, I crave something like ice cream.
I just can't stop thinking of something fluffy & sweet...
if not ice cream, then cake frosting, whipped cream, mousse...

I just can't have all that sugar, so I distract myself with SF pudding.
Or Greek yogurt w/SF syrup.

I'm sure I *could* whip up something myself...maybe make it with gluc to keep the cals down...but the electrical outlets in my kitchen don't work (this house is old & annoying) and I'm rarely motivated enough to deal with extension cords & what-not, just for a snack!!!

Last night I was dying for ice cream but I went over to my neighbor's house and had a hot dog and some steak. Oddly enough, it killed the craving!!!
New lows, 2014:
7/27 275.4
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #13

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I almost never want ice cream and I've had it 3 times in the last week. Must be something in the air.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Wow! I thought I was the only one who was so ice cream crazy. I admit that I've almost been worried about my obsession the past few months. I don't eat it on my down days, and wouldn't dare. I keep my DD pretty low carb, too, but on up days, Katie bar the door!
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
It's that time of year. As long as you're making your numbers, don't worry!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vikki80
Stats: 253/172.5/154
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: May 12
I don't know if there is something similar in the us, but here we have mini milk ice creams. I buy them "for the kids" but at only 30 calories they come in handy when I'm craving ice cream
Vikki80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
United Dairy Farmer's (local dairy) HomeMade brand,Cookies & Cream-every UD. I've been having a little problem with portion control, so yesterday I bought the ice cream bars instead of the pint. You have to have ice cream in the summer!
Crazy Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
My daily "gotta have" is my yocheese pudding. Which, ironically, tastes like soft serve ice cream if you can get the freezing time down to a fine art! I take strained Dannon yogurt, mix it with some low sugar jam (or Capella drops) and a little Redi-Whip and some sweetener of choice. Yummers!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I just bought a ninja blender (the cheaper one not the 400 dollar one ) and have been making really thick strawberry or (P2B chocolate smoothies that really satisfy my need for something cold and creamy. Use low cal milk/almond/or soy milk and a huge glass is only 120 calories (I use liquid splenda drops the drop the calories) add fiber and maybe some protein powder and you can even be proud of yourself that you're being healthy while indulging your desires. I haven't tried it but I bet cream of coconut would be awesome as well.

Last edited by brewstate; 08-13-2012 at 10:10 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD yesterday and I blended up frozen blackberries and water w a dash of stevia in the magic bullet. It was awesome. Hit the spot. Cheap on cals and free since I picked the blackberries and froze them myself.

You could do this w any fruit and add a T of cream if you can afford it but it was perfect w/o.

Costco has Healthy Choice ice cream bars that are really yummy. Can't remember the cals.......
Old 08-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
i'm addicted to organic carrot/yogurt/vanilla popsicles. I can have two for 65cal. And my zoku makes them in 8 minutes.
The magic bullet is another lifesaver for a frappe when I need something cold, very low cal, and bulky. I love ice.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I should buy stock in BlueBell since I eat it almost every UD. I do buy it by the pint just in case. I will admit that I did eat a whole half gallon at a very hot craft show in May. Mint Chocolate Chip. And I so do not recommend that, just a confession.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I bought a box of those Healthy Choice ice cream bars at Costco yesterday. They are 100 cals eat. A perfect DD mini meal.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

I'm so glad I'm not the only one addicted to ice cream right now!

I had a nice chunk of ice cream cake for a change last night - gotta watch those calories carefully though. The cake box said 220 cal per serving, based on 1/20th of a cake being a serving. Clearly, whoever set that standard hasn't met my family. 1/8th or 1/10th would be more like it for us... glad yesterday was an UD!

Question about Arctic Zero... any favorite flavors out there? I heard about it online and thought purchasing it online was out of the question because of how expensive, but the other day I just saw a few flavors at my Publix! If it's any good, that would be a great option for easily fitting in at least a full cup serving (or two half cup servings) on DDs.

I love reading about all of your ways of satisfying the ice cream craving!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

[Question about Arctic Zero... any favorite flavors out there? I heard about it online and thought purchasing it online was out of the question because of how expensive, but the other day I just saw a few flavors at my Publix! If it's any good, that would be a great option for easily fitting in at least a full cup serving (or two half cup servings) on DDs.

I love reading about all of your ways of satisfying the ice cream craving![/QUOTE]

My favorite AZ flavor is coffee.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvesgal View Post
My favorite AZ flavor is coffee.
LOL... the one flavor of ice cream that I am most likely to avoid! I thought I saw a chocolate peanut butter one - the sound of that is totally me, but I wonder if that one is any good.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:20 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IThinkICan View Post
LOL... the one flavor of ice cream that I am most likely to avoid! I thought I saw a chocolate peanut butter one - the sound of that is totally me, but I wonder if that one is any good.
Choc peanut butter is my second choice. I totally dislike choc mint and strawberry.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #28

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one addicted to ice cream right now!

I had a nice chunk of ice cream cake for a change last night - gotta watch those calories carefully though. The cake box said 220 cal per serving, based on 1/20th of a cake being a serving. Clearly, whoever set that standard hasn't met my family. 1/8th or 1/10th would be more like it for us... glad yesterday was an UD!

Question about Arctic Zero... any favorite flavors out there? I heard about it online and thought purchasing it online was out of the question because of how expensive, but the other day I just saw a few flavors at my Publix! If it's any good, that would be a great option for easily fitting in at least a full cup serving (or two half cup servings) on DDs.

I love reading about all of your ways of satisfying the ice cream craving!
I'm not big on ice cream, but we tried the mint chocolate chip and the cookies and cream. We both (DH and I) thought the flavors were very good, though the texture is nothing like ice cream. If it's just for something cold with an ice cream flavor, I think they're great. If you enjoy the whole ice cream experience, including the mouth feel, it may not be the best choice. I wonder if you added a tiny bit of real cream, or coconut milk or something, if it would make the texture better without too many added calories.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: 30 day whole food challenge
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Quote:
I started with the Breyer's CarbSmart ice creams... and the no sugar added varieties... then I got stuck on just about any kind - McDonald's ice cream cones, Breyer's Blast varieties with all kinds of cookies and baked goodies packed into 'em, and even the occasional three-scoop sundae at Friendly's... but I feel like I must have ice cream every day! I tried to keep it to just UDs, but now it's on DDs too! I still keep the calories into consideration, but I can't get past this ice cream-craving phase!

Anyone else stuck on certain foods that you have to eat every day? Any that are healthier than mine?
Do you think you might be calcium deficient?
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote