Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I've found that any yummy low cal dinner (especially the kind with pasta) can be lovingly placed/poured on top of a pile of romaine lettuce, baby greens, spinach or angel hair cabbage to make it more filling and to get in your greens at the same time. Also eliminates the need to fret over salad dressing. None needed. I do this often and I think it's de-lish, hope I didn't gross anyone out....
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Amy's Shepard's Pie - 160 calories
Amy's Tamale pie - 150 cals
I'm a big fan of Amy's products in general, but I will warn folks who might be expecting an actual shepard's pie that this is anything but. I spit mine out and rinsed it down the sink.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ASHLEY2HAWAII
Stats: 196/183/125
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: RESTART 7-8-14
My very favorite is the weight watchers smart ones Chicken Santa Fe 140 cals and top it with a salad and miricale rice it is a super dinner or lunch.
ASHLEY2HAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I graduated from Midlothian HS WAY BACK when there were like 46 in the graduating class. I have a dear friend that also raises goats in Midlothian so I stay there when I go to the state fair. Small world.

And I live so far (Only 60 miles ) from Austin that we have nothing but a medium sized grocery store and a tiny Wal-Mart. I used to always hit the Whole Foods and Trader Joe's etc when I would go to a conference in Austin. My co-workers thought I was nuts.

I haven't tried any frozen dinners for DD's though. I will have to chek into some for backup purposes.
I always wanted to raise goats. Don't know why it appeals to me. Have always lived in the city.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I've found that any yummy low cal dinner (especially the kind with pasta) can be lovingly placed/poured on top of a pile of romaine lettuce, baby greens, spinach or angel hair cabbage to make it more filling and to get in your greens at the same time. Also eliminates the need to fret over salad dressing. None needed. I do this often and I think it's de-lish, hope I didn't gross anyone out....
That is one of my favorite tricks, too.

Another favorite is to turn almost any cassarole into soup by adding water. More filling. Sometimes additional spices help but there is usually more that enough salt for the extra water.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I despise canned soups, but time has been way too tight lately. So, I have taken cans of low sodium soup, added whatever veggies seemed appropriate to the flavor, added water, added herbs, and sometimes an ounce of pre-cooked meat. Whole thing comes out about 300 calories and I have not yet managed to eat the whole thing on one day. Broth is amazingly filling.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
If DD falls on a day that the kids have a lot of extra curricular activities I have occasionally done the Oncore Salsbury Steak frozen dinner or the larger can of Campbell's Vegetable beef. Both of these are right around 150 calories per serving. I add a green veggie to the frozen dinner and sometimes the kids will have a sandwich along with the soup. These are not my first choice meals but they will do if we are in a real time crunch.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
That is one of my favorite tricks, too.

Another favorite is to turn almost any cassarole into soup by adding water. More filling. Sometimes additional spices help but there is usually more that enough salt for the extra water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I despise canned soups, but time has been way too tight lately. So, I have taken cans of low sodium soup, added whatever veggies seemed appropriate to the flavor, added water, added herbs, and sometimes an ounce of pre-cooked meat. Whole thing comes out about 300 calories and I have not yet managed to eat the whole thing on one day. Broth is amazingly filling.
I love soup and both of these ideas are great! Progresso has some great "light" soups that would work well with additional broth, veggies, etc. The "water to casserole" idea never occurred to me and I'll bet it's really good. Looking forward to cooler weather so soup will hit the spot. It feels nice to be sorta full on DD's.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote