Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I know if I don't go to bed when I get the energy low around 9ish, turn off all electronics, and get in sleep mode, - I will get past it and unable to sleep.
My accupressure points for adrenals always need to be worked.
When I get tested for herbal support it is always adrenal/thymus/thyroid related.
Old endocrine system needs to get its act together. I'm trying to do my part.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I've noticed it for years...I've even commented on it to a dozen friends...that I get sleepy around 9-10pm, and if I don't get to bed RIGHT THEN I will be up for at least another 4 hours. But I usually feel much too lame and old going to bed at 9pm!!!

Last night was very frustrating; I was actually tired in the afternoon and quite sleepy around 7:30pm. I tried to stay awake but mellow (stayed off the computer, read a book) and hang on to that sleepy feeling. Right around 9pm I felt myself "waking up". I tried to go to bed anyway, but I didn't get to sleep til after 12:30. I had taken l-theanine and melatonin, but I ended up trying a new sleep aid: doxylamine succinate (generic Unisom, although some Unisom has the same ingredient as Benadryl).

12:30 is still somewhat early/reasonable for me...at least compared to being awake til 3-4am recently.

If that doxy stuff doesn't make me gain weight, I think I like it!
I was a little tired this morning (7am) but still functional. As soon as I had a chance to take a nap (10am), I fell asleep for an hour.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm trying to eat something in the mornings on DDs starting today (though I'm not yet hungry). I'm wondering if this will make a difference.

When I took my "maintenance" break a couple of months ago (May 7 - July 1), I increased my DD calories to 600-750, sometimes lower, sometimes higher. I was eating breakfast all during that time. When I went back into full-bore WLM, I started fasting until lunch again.

I just looked back at my spreadsheet. I went into "maintenance" on 5/7 @ 220.2 pounds. My DD calories ranged from 500-800 ish, and I still lost 6.8 pounds by 6/7. I ate similarly until 7/1, and my weight on 7/7 was 200--so another 5.8 pounds during that 1 month period. From 7/7 - 8/7, after I decreased DD calories to under 400, and I was skipping breakfast again, I lost 7.6 pounds. But, in the last 10 days, I've lost 2 pounds, so I'm on track to lose around 6 pounds in this 1 month period. It appears the rate of loss is similar whether I eat breakfast or not, and whether I'm eating 400 or 700 calories on DDs.

I don't see that it's hurting me to skip breakfast, but I'm not really seeing a benefit to it either. The really low DDs aren't terribly difficult for me, but the higher DDs are more fun.

I'm just putting my thoughts down for my own reference, but if anyone has thoughts, I'd welcome them. I'm pretty sure I have adrenal issues along with my thyroid disease, especially given the fact that supplements don't seem to be working for me the same way they work for others. I can't afford to see a naturopath right now, so I'm kind of tweaking here and there as I can to find out what works. I'm also searching for a good Endo who will get my thryoid meds optimized, and that may be the real issue rather than adrenals. It's all so confusing.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Dawn, I am thinking about downloading Dr. Lam's book. The table made a lot of sense.

I searched this morning and found this youtube and it helps explain a whole lot. Hope this will help PJ and others.

What You Should Know About Adrenal Fatigue with Dr. Michael Lam - YouTube
I NEED to remember to watch this when I'm home. I'm often on the board at work. Then, when I get home, I don't remember to revisit the threads I wanted to study.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Dawn, I found the same thing about calories on DD . So I do low, low DD during the week 300 or less and on my weekend Fri - Sat, I have my one high DD about 700 to 800 cals. I think it is working for my mental well being on the weekends. I can't tell about my weight loss, because I am in a very stressful time on my job and my weight sort of rebounds or doesn't budge during stress.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am going to experiment with no breakfast for another couple of weeks and then make the decision to whether to add breakfast back in. Did you say that you do eat breakfast on UD? Just wanted to check.

Oh, and it is an UD and I asked for Chili at the restaurant we ate at for lunch. They were out, so I had onion soup instead. I am determined to find a chili for DD or make my own!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #67

Bwahahaha! Chili converts unite!

I do eat breakfast on UDs--usually a Carl's Jr. turkey burger. I find if I eat at 7:00 in the morning, it carries me through very easily to my 1:00 or 1:30 lunch time. Sometimes I'm not even remotely hungry by lunch time, and just have a small meal or snack. I tried skipping lunch, but then find I'm hungry around 2:30 or 3:00 and have to wait for dinner. I swear, I'm going to get turkey burger converts too. I just LOVE those!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We must like a lot of the same food groups, because I choose turkey over chicken any day. I make lean turkey chili and add a few black beans once in a while. I make turkey wraps with avocado. I even love turkey bacon and turkey pepperoni, instead of pork bacon.

I don't know why, but when I brown up a big mess of ground turkey and freeze it, I start craving it??? It is my snack of choice, instead of veggies or fruit. Sort of bizarre.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #69

I think my absolute favorite food in the world is a sandwich with roast turkey and cranberry sauce. That's it. Nothing else. DH thinks I'm disgusting, but what can you do?

My choice for "breakfast" this morning was a chopped cucumber with ACV and salt. I wasn't terribly hungry when I ate it at 9:30. By 11:00 I was STARVING! I won't be having that for breakfast again. Looks like Greek yogurt or a protein shake will have to suffice. I was SO ready for my lunch of -- you guessed it -- chili!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
@Dawn, about the thyroid and adrenal issue, I have heard from ShelbyLA and the stop the thyroid madness website that IF you have adrenal issues and you only treat the thyroid, that it won't work as well, and you may go more "off" than get fixed with the thyroid meds. I am just assuming I have both at this time so I am working on the adrenals first and I know it will take a long time. Sorta like getting over mono or chronic fatigue, from what I understand. I've had mono twice. All of that may be related. I too have issues with medications/supplements sometimes doing the opposites of what you would expect. I also have to be careful with adding anything in new. UGH.

ShelbyLA here on the hcg boards has a ton of info she can email anyone who wants to know more about it. She's super friendly if you didn't already know her.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #71

Thanks C'Marie. I've seen Shelby around and read some of her posts. I also lurk mostly on the thyroid boards, and have joined the yahoo group to see if I can't get some more advice on competent doctors. Ugh. Fun, fun fun!