Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Hello JUDDD BUDDDs!

Hello!

I'm starting back on the JUDDD, and have some questions. Hopefully you guys can help me

1. When starting out, were your DDs always <500? Or did you start a litte higher and taper your way down?

2. What rotation of days do you do? I was thinking of doing MWF dd, mid on the weekends and T/TH UD. In theory I *could* do an alternating UD/DD, including weekends, but I like consistency and it makes it easier for me to plan my week.

3. How often did you adjust your calorie needs? Every 10 lbs or so?

4. How often do you have UUAA (up up and away) days? Do you still lose the weeks that you have them?

Thanks for all the help!

Add me as a friend! Facebook

BodyCombat Certified (5/13/13)
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Hi back at ya! When I first started out I always stuck to the number given to me from the website and I still try to stick to that number. I do the UD/DD rotations, with an MD thrown in if needed. I have never adjusted my calories because when I maintain, I'd like to have as many as possible (cuz I like to eat). And lastly, I have an UUAA day about once a month. I call it that because I don't count - but to be honest, I probably don't go over my UD cal limit by much.

Good luck to you!

Kim
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Hello there.. Most will start with 500 and if you cant thenby all means eat a lil more and try to reduce those day down lil at a time.. I messed with my number when i stoped losing.. that was about 30 pounds in.. but.. i now just eat to full, and thats not quite as many caloires as they say.. i really need to bump this up to rev up my metbolism.. also.. as far as uuads.. i didnt do any till i went on vaction.. and now i "plan" a Cheat day.. Today was my cheat day, i eat what ever i want.( iv lost using a lower carb or sugar buster method ) So today was onion rings and grilled chesse on real white wow~ and WOW i got soo sick~ grrr..Wont be eating that choice of cheat again to soon.. Best of luck to you,, and most to every other day..UD . DD..but there are some here that will chime in soon that do,, planned up and planned dd..
Edit..Forgot..I find that when i do have a free for all kind of day.. my body really likes it,, and i usally have a larger loss following the next dd compleated
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 08-08-2012 at 01:04 PM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I started with higher dds from the get go. I don't know how people fast completely....it would kill me!

I'd only adjust calorie needs if I wasn't losing.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
1. When starting out, were your DDs always <500? Or did you start a litte higher and taper your way down?

I started at 500...ish

2. What rotation of days do you do? I was thinking of doing MWF dd, mid on the weekends and T/TH UD. In theory I *could* do an alternating UD/DD, including weekends, but I like consistency and it makes it easier for me to plan my week.

I do regular rotations.

Only adjust them if you stop losing is my advice.

4. How often do you have UUAA (up up and away) days? Do you still lose the weeks that you have them?

I am in Maintenance now, I would like to say not often, but that would not be entirely true.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Thanks y'all!

It's a DD here, and i'm hungryyyyyy

I did good, eating a lot of veggies - but I suspect the caffiene in the am latte & coke zero are attributing to this. Will cut them out and see if it helps
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Hello!

I'm starting back on the JUDDD, and have some questions. Hopefully you guys can help me

I started at or below 500.

I alternate UD/DD and have only had 2 MDs in 8 months.

I only adjusted when I was not losing as well. If you are still losing, there's no need to lower your calories.

I've had 2 or 3 days where I went over UD calories, but even then, it wasn't by more than 100-200. I did 2 UDs in a row on vacation once, just to see what would happen, and I gained a few pounds, which was gone after two DDs.

Thanks for all the help!
Glad you're back!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Hello!

Started at my recommended 315. Failed catastrophically. Moved it up to 4-500. That was good. Occasionally I'm down to 350.

I do straight rotations.

Never, yet.

Too often. They wreck my progress. I gain like The Hulk when I do them. I've just started on a three week experiment of holding my UDs at the recommended 1600. Have already lost a few pounds. Wish me luck.

Thanks for all the help!
This is a great thread. Thanks.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote