Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am so glad this programme has been such a hit, it really seems to touch a chord with men.

But our health is prime.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2012, 05:20 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pinot
Wow! I just stumbled upon this thread after doing a search for "adrenals".
Such a fascinating topic!

Got to get ready for work now, but I'll be back later tonight to read more and check out the links!

In January, I found out I have Hashimoto's thyroid disease but I've been doing so poorly on compounded thyroid, even at 3 grains.
Turns out I have major adrenal fatigue as well which is complicating the thyroid issues.

I'm really looking forward to learning more about IF and the subsequent health benefits.

Thanks so much! I'm excited!
Pinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #63

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinot View Post
Wow! I just stumbled upon this thread after doing a search for "adrenals".
Such a fascinating topic!

Got to get ready for work now, but I'll be back later tonight to read more and check out the links!

In January, I found out I have Hashimoto's thyroid disease but I've been doing so poorly on compounded thyroid, even at 3 grains.
Turns out I have major adrenal fatigue as well which is complicating the thyroid issues.

I'm really looking forward to learning more about IF and the subsequent health benefits.

Thanks so much! I'm excited!
If you don't mind keeping us updated Pinot, I'd sure appreciate it. I suspect I have Hashimoto's. Confirmed Hypo, on T4, and my T3 is below range, but I can't find a doctor here who will prescribe Cytomel or Armour. I also suspect adrenal issues, but have not had that confirmed yet. I'm always interested in what others have done/are doing!

I've been doing ADF by way of JUDDD for about 8 months now and am losing well. I was just diagnosed in March and had already lost 45 (10 low carb, the rest with JUDDD) pounds before diagnoses, so I know it's the plan, not the meds which worked for me!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Sunday- the test I was looking at, where I don't have to go through my own doctor, for $175.00 tests IL-6/IGF-1 . But I did see one through Private MD Labs that does IGF-1 for $70.00. I don't know if the IL-6 would also be beneficial, but it was the IGF-1 that seemed of significant concern in the video. I have high LDL and triglycerides, but I can get those tested through my health care plan in October.
I am doing a 17 hour window for the fast and finding it very helpful to me. I am typically not hungry in the AM- my scary hunger monster time arrives at about 4:00 PM for me, but I am doing much better with this. I am also doing the other supplements he suggested. I think the BCAA helps me too.
I love all the findings and tips we discover here! The video gives me such motivation for improving my health. The key to fasting is to be able to stick with it and deal with the hunger and social pressures (and the psychological desire to eat). I can handle social pressures. I think I am handling psychological desire. It was the periodic intense bouts of hunger that were getting to me. I find doing this window is helping with that as well.

Have I said lately how GRATEFUL I am to everyone for sharing all of their findings?
Hola Bev!
I am getting ready to make a trip to the Natural Grocer, can you tell me which supps that you began besides the BCAA?

Also!!! I soooo the wealth of info on this site!!!
I can't begin to explain the thankfulness I have for my JUDDD budds.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Hola Bev!
I am getting ready to make a trip to the Natural Grocer, can you tell me which supps that you began besides the BCAA?

Also!!! I soooo the wealth of info on this site!!!
I can't begin to explain the thankfulness I have for my JUDDD budds.
I was referring to the ones he mentioned that I think you said you are already taking: psyllium, 5 grams 2x per day. The omega 3's and15 grams of coconut oil 2x per day at the beginning and ending of my down day. I ordered the Modern BCAA through Netrition and take 10 grams 2x/day.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was referring to the ones he mentioned that I think you said you are already taking: psyllium, 5 grams 2x per day. The omega 3's and15 grams of coconut oil 2x per day at the beginning and ending of my down day. I ordered the Modern BCAA through Netrition and take 10 grams 2x/day.
Yes, I am taking all of the supps except for the BCAA. I guess I thought I may have missed something.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes, I am taking all of the supps except for the BCAA. I guess I thought I may have missed something.
Nope!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hesitate to say anything yet, but the 16-18 hour fasting period between last meals is moving my weight once again. I hit a new low today.

Now, that said, it is not near as fun to go that long without a meal, but after watching the video and trying to figure out the reason I was stalling, I decided to give it a whirl. My cals are still the same 1600/360. My last meal on UD is 6 and my first time I eat on DD is between 11 to 12. I noticed right away that the hunger pangs seem to be the highest about an hour after rising and with this I drink a couple large glasses of water/green tea, the next and most severe pang comes around an hour before fasting period is over. It is bearable, not too unpleasant. I have to think this may be what I needed?

One interesting note for me is that I truly do not eat anything that isn't nutritious since I have such a small window for eating. I guess that could be helping me also. I pray that this keeps the losses coming!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 08-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I hesitate to say anything yet, but the 16-18 hour fasting period between last meals is moving my weight once again. I hit a new low today.

Now, that said, it is not near as fun to go that long without a meal, but after watching the video and trying to figure out the reason I was stalling, I decided to give it a whirl. My cals are still the same 1600/360. My last meal on UD is 6 and my first time I eat on DD is between 11 to 12. I noticed right away that the hunger pangs seem to be the highest about an hour after rising and with this I drink a couple large glasses of water/green tea, the next and most severe pang comes around an hour before fasting period is over. It is bearable, not too unpleasant. I have to think this may be what I needed?

One interesting note for me is that I truly do not eat anything that isn't nutritious since I have such a small window for eating. I guess that could be helping me also. I pray that this keeps the losses coming!

Beyond thrilled for you!! Awesome!!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #70

Just trying to work this out. Your last UD meal is at about 6, then you eat on the DD at around 11 to 12. What time do you stop eating that evening? Do you always eat early in the evening?

It is clearly working, fantastic
Old 08-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Beyond thrilled for you!! Awesome!!
Thanks! I have been barely moving on weight loss for the last month and it was beginning to worry me!!! Especially since I believe this is a set point, but nevertheless, the one thing that I didn't think mattered was the timing. It seems to be the one signifcant change.

Oh and Bev, I went and bought the BCAA Reload. Hoping to notice that my muscles won't be near as sore. My derriere & hamstrings were so sore, I couldn't get into my car without grimacing for the last week.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks! I have been barely moving on weight loss for the last month and it was beginning to worry me!!! Especially since I believe this is a set point, but nevertheless, the one thing that I didn't think mattered was the timing. It seems to be the one signifcant change.

Oh and Bev, I went and bought the BCAA Reload. Hoping to notice that my muscles won't be near as sore. My derriere & hamstrings were so sore, I couldn't get into my car without grimacing for the last week.
I completely understand. I think it has been working for me as well because I am seeing some additional losses. I do believe timing is very important.

I hear you on the muscle soreness. I have been trying to do the 10/10 and ouch!! I have been using MSM and MSM lotion. I think it helps, but I am never sure what to give credit to as I take a lot of supplements. I am so happy you are seeing movement again!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EllaP
Stats: 229/144/139
WOE: HF/MP/VLC
Newbie alert!

Quote:
Perhaps a silly question, as I'm just getting into reading about this and ready to dive in, but do you count the coconut oil calories as part of your DD calories? That's already over 250 cals.
EllaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaP View Post
Perhaps a silly question, as I'm just getting into reading about this and ready to dive in, but do you count the coconut oil calories as part of your DD calories? That's already over 250 cals.
Hi Ella,

There are no silly questions!! I don't really count all the calories of the supplements I take, except for coconut oil. But I often fast on down days and when I do eat, I am eating around 150-200 calories, so the CO doesn't take me over the total calories I will allow myself on a DD. The nutrition guy I have worked with told me not to count the calories and to look at it as medicinal, but I am counting them for the time being. Some count, some don't. For now... I am counting!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Just trying to work this out. Your last UD meal is at about 6, then you eat on the DD at around 11 to 12. What time do you stop eating that evening? Do you always eat early in the evening?

It is clearly working, fantastic
Kissa,

I missed this earlier! I am sorry.
It says on the video that women have the best results by eating in a small window on fasting day. It recommended 12-2 on DD. I have been eating closer to 12 to 5 on DD, because most DD I have two 150 calorie meals. I will try the two hour window, but not sure that is the best for me.

On UD, for instance today, I just ate at 12:30 and will eat again at 5:30 and then be done for the day. It is essentially eating similar to Fast5 & JUDDD combined. Only they recommend a 16-17 hour fast from last meal, so that makes it more like 7 hour window. It is hard for me to break my morning protein habit, but after a few days of doing this, I am thinking this is what I needed.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Starting tomorrow DD, I will eat one meal at noon about 300 calories and then try the fasting until 7:00 am on UD. That way I can have breakfast on UD, but only lunch on DD. Does this sound better to any one who is interested???

Old 08-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaP View Post
Welcom EllaP! Hope that you enjoy JUDDD! It is sort of like a science experiment with each of us. We try different supplements and one may have excellent results while another has to make a decision to forgo.

I hope that you will join our newbie thread if you haven't already!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #78

Thanks Sunday, now I get it. Interestingly, I am often happy not to eat until evening on a DD, which is what I did today. But I can see that eating at lunchtime may be a better plan, giving you two longer fasts. All very interesting
Old 08-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Thanks Sunday, now I get it. Interestingly, I am often happy not to eat until evening on a DD, which is what I did today. But I can see that eating at lunchtime may be a better plan, giving you two longer fasts. All very interesting
I would say that it has always worked well for you, so I wouldn't change it unless you have need?

As for me, I considered that I must have something interfering with my losses, because I was pretty strict on the calories and I was stalled majorly! Not many MD, in fact, I can't remember having one in quite a while. So, I am conducting this experiment for a few weeks and see if I can get my mojo back.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #80

You will Sunday. I find it so interesting to see how we all make JUDDD our own.

I haven't had access to my scales for a few days and I find it quite uncomfortable. It is nice to know, the good or the bad!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now. Helped along by Juddd
This is fascinating, Sunday. Thanks for continuing to share the experiment.
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:51 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
I have not watched the Youtube yet - hope to have time this week. But, way back last spring I concluded meal timing was important to both my weight loss and to how I felt. And, as I lost weight, I have certainly seen my timing needs change as much as my caloric needs have changed.

I am simply not a solid-food breakfast kind of gal. Like Cindy, unless lunch is really special, DD or UD I can easily forget about solid food until dinner.

But, I am in the habit of spreading about 100 cals of hwc in coffee across morning and afternoon. Just in case I don't get time to watch the show until next week, is that too many calories to count as fasting? (That is, according to the theory here - I know there are a lot of different theories about 'what is fasting')
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:25 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now. Helped along by Juddd
Nancy, the video is fabulous. Looking forward to your thoughts on it. I'm not sure it addresses your question, though. Their AD "fasts" were 400 cals (for women) and free-ish UDs, if i recall correctly. The four day fasts included 50 cal soups once or twice a day
Perhaps the others will know better.
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
There's an article in The Telegraph by Mosley w some updates. It might answer some of your questions.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Marking my place to come to~
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For those who have not been able to find the time to view the video, here is a condensed article by Dr. Moseley that explains it in short form...

BBC News - The power of intermittent fasting

Old 08-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #87

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Thanks for the link to the article. Every time I try the youtube, my computer crashes partway through.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
subscribing-- thanks Sunday for the link
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, gang, for me this trial of pure fast (16-17 hours) period is helping.
It is def not for everyone and I wouldn't do it if I had blood sugar issues at all. I have transitioned to eating once per DD between 12-2. I have all of my calories at this time and have been able to go up to 550 cals as long as it is very low carb. Equal fat/protein ratios.

I have lost 3.8 lbs in 2 weeks. Not enough to go over, but much better than stalled. I have lowered my protein (salmon, turkey, & fish) on UD and have boosted good fats (Omega3s, avocado, chia seeds, walnuts, mac nuts, evco) and have a pretty good dose of veggies. I am tracking my UD cals but not going to be as obsessed with each calorie because I only eat 2x on UD because of the fasting period and find that some times I do not get to the 1700 number, but I am always very near. Usually 1600.

So, my question right now would be has anyone else had good luck with this? Bev and Stargazer are the only two that told me that they were doing this, but maybe some others have joined in. I could have breakfast on UD because my last meal is usually over by 2 on DD, but don't really feel hungry and so I am going by my hunger scale. Which means that my pure fast on UD is 20 to 22 hours??? Should I feed myself something even though I am not hungry to interrupt this?

Still loving JUDDD!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Okay, gang, for me this trial of pure fast (16-17 hours) period is helping.
It is def not for everyone and I wouldn't do it if I had blood sugar issues at all. I have transitioned to eating once per DD between 12-2. I have all of my calories at this time and have been able to go up to 550 cals as long as it is very low carb. Equal fat/protein ratios.

I have lost 3.8 lbs in 2 weeks. Not enough to go over, but much better than stalled. I have lowered my protein (salmon, turkey, & fish) on UD and have boosted good fats (Omega3s, avocado, chia seeds, walnuts, mac nuts, evco) and have a pretty good dose of veggies. I am tracking my UD cals but not going to be as obsessed with each calorie because I only eat 2x on UD because of the fasting period and find that some times I do not get to the 1700 number, but I am always very near. Usually 1600.

So, my question right now would be has anyone else had good luck with this? Bev and Stargazer are the only two that told me that they were doing this, but maybe some others have joined in. I could have breakfast on UD because my last meal is usually over by 2 on DD, but don't really feel hungry and so I am going by my hunger scale. Which means that my pure fast on UD is 20 to 22 hours??? Should I feed myself something even though I am not hungry to interrupt this?

Still loving JUDDD!
This is great Sunday. I think it is a great weight loss at almost two pounds a week. I wouldn't feed myself something to interrupt the process even though you are not hungry since what you are doing is working for you.

I am still following this and it did start to move me on the scale, but it is birthday month for me and I have been having up days that are more calories than I should be having. So I haven't dropped weight, but happily not gaining either. My social activities tend to be eating out with friends, and I can get too high on my up days. Once the celebrating is over, I will get closer to my up day limits and I am also going to try decreasing my protein a bit which I have been a bit heavy handed on.

I agree about not doing it if there are blood sugar issues going on. I think this will work for some people and not others. I am thrilled this has moved you downward on the scale!!