Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post

3) personal note - my husband watched the E, F and LL program and wanted to try alternate day eating!!! Today is his second DD. He is pretty convinced he'll do better eating once a day on DDs, but decided to start out with small meals through the day to get a handle on the amount of food there will be.
This is great!!! Hubby on board helps you in JUDDD!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
So, our JUDDD bud Carolyn, over on the other LC forum spent the day researching Dr Varday (sp) and Dr Mattson studies to clarify some things and see what's new.

If you have some time to go over and look, JUDDD Buds under challenges.

Oh, and Mattson checked a whole lot of markers including leptin....

Good stuff.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
This is great!!! Hubby on board helps you in JUDDD!
So true. My dh is on board even though he doesn't quite get it. It is kind of frustrating that he loses faster than me and doesn't even understand the diet. LOL, whenever anyone asks him how he has lost 40ish pounds so quickly he tells them that he just eats whatever his wife tells him to. I wish it were that simple and that he always really did do whatever his wife tells him. Ha. I also wish I could stick to doing whatever I planned as well as he does. He doesn't have to figure it out, meal plan, calorie count, pack his lunch, prepare the food...often different meals for us and for the kids, etc. That would make things a lot simpler.
wiiiifit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: toomuchbooty
I sat my boyfriend down last night to watch this programme. He's been very supportive of my plan, but he's a naturally thin man so he has never given much thought to nutrition. After watching the show, he is convinced this is a genius WOE. The health benefits alone are enough to get him excited. He really doesn't need to lose any weight, but he does need to change his body composition (more muscle, less abdominal fat).

After watching the programme, he immediately emailed the link to his parents and sister. They had been vocally skeptical about this WOE. He wanted them to see that it's not just a fad, there is science behind it.

I remember reading articles about calorie restriction and life expectancy many years ago. I can't believe it took me this long to find a plan that offers the benefits in an easier format!

My weight loss has been slow, my scale has bounced around...but I feel healthier already. It has only been one month, but I can see myself eating this way for as long as it takes to get the weight off. Then, maintaining my weight with the maintenance levels.

I'm so glad to have my boyfriend on board, it makes it a lot easier!

Back from Zambia! Pictures on my blog.
toomuchbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love this thread! I do wish that it could be a stickie as well.

Jem, I would love to know where the other JUDDD thread is besides here? I must not be looking in the proper place. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchbooty View Post
I remember reading articles about calorie restriction and life expectancy many years ago. I can't believe it took me this long to find a plan that offers the benefits in an easier format!
I really identified with these words.

I've been reading and following the research and studies about this for YEARS, for heaven's sake!!! Years of reading with great interest, thinking the studies were so fascinating, amazing, almost hard to believe that a way of eating could bring about such physical transformation in the test subjects and give them increased health and lifespan. And reading about the CRON followers. Wow! So amazing. I'm sure I was turning the pages as I read with one hand while I ate cookies with the other.

So I'm about ready to start in on my third year of JUDDD. I didn't always do it perfectly. I've occasionally gained above where I wanted to be and had to lose some pounds again, although that's never been a run-away problem, thankfully. But the most important thing for me is, I'm following this plan for my optimum health, over and above any weight management it brings to my life. Of all the Intermittent Fasting plans I've read, I believe this one offers the most absolute benefit to overall improved health and body function!

And I will say, I feel better physically and mentally than I did in all the years I tried to lose weight on any other eating plan. I know we all have to find our own thing, but my health is so much improved eating on the JUDDD plan, allowing all foods into my diet, with thought and reserve. And my level of happiness and JOY is improved with this way of eating too.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! Pat, you have been doing IF that long?!?! Hope to be here still in 3 years!

Toomuchbooty! Wonderful to hear your BF is doing this with you as well!

Old 08-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
I found the BBC Horizon program on You Tube (searching under "Horizon eat, fast, and live longer") and it was well worth watching! It makes me even more happy with doing JUDDD.

Last edited by calichris; 08-18-2012 at 10:22 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Wow! I finally got around to watching it today and it was worth every second of my time. Very motivating.

This is a great thread. Brilliant discussion. Thanks for all the input and information!

For anyone who just wants to pop on without doing a Google search, here it is.

Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cahira
Stats: 292.0/285.4/167.0
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 9/17/12
I finally got to watch this today. So awesome to find this way of eating that is working so well for me is also so good for me!
cahira is offline   Reply With Quote