Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
Jarrow brand Pterostilbene is now in stock at Netrition.
Thanks Kathy! I love it. I probably should skip it on UDs, but I like the energy boost.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Dawn, I haven't either. In fact, I feel like the psb made me hungrier. I've taken it before bed a few times, because it's supposed to keep blood sugar from getting too high. But some people say they get energy from it, and I do NOT need that at bedtime! Maybe I'll just drop it for a week or two while I try some other stuff.

I've taken chlorophyll several times over the years, and I've never felt amazing from it.

Maybe I'm just really unhealthy and I need to take MORE?

(I said the following in another thread, sorry for repeating myself: )

I think it was Sunday who said something like, if you have an adrenal imbalance, supplements might not have the intended affect upon you, or might even have an "opposite" affect.

I also read that certain metabolic types, like "fast oxidizers",* produce a LOT more free radicals than others, so they need much higher doses of antioxidants to feel good.

On the other hand, maybe some people don't need a lot of extra antioxidants. Perhaps these are the people getting headaches?

*ETA: I could have it wrong. It could be the slow oxidizers. It's all very confusing to me.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 08-16-2012 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: ETA
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #153
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm a balanced oxidizer with fast oxidizing tendencies.

I also believe that adrenal exhaustion and thyroid disease are linked, or at least related in some ways, and I do have thyroid disease, so adrenal issues are also likely (in my non-scientific pea-brain, this makes sense).

I feel like I'm spending a small fortune on supplements which aren't doing anything, and am about ready to throw in the towel, at least for now.

I gave my Resveratrol to DH to give to his coworker who is JUDDDing, because it gave me horrible headaches. The first time she took it, she commented to DH that she felt like she was on drugs, she had sooo much energy. Wow, I wish I could get some of that energy!

ETA: I also feel like I've been hungrier with the psb. I have been taking it first thing in the morning, both UD and DD, and have NO problem eating to my UD limits, and have struggled a bit with appetite on DDs. Hmmm.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 08-16-2012 at 05:13 PM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

This is what I've been doing the last 2 weeks or so:

5:30am (I know, that's un-G-dly!) Wake up and take 1 50 mg pterostilbene and 2 capsules of Resveratrol Diet from netrition.

The night before 1 freeze 2 16oz bottles with the following:
Homemade green tea, with a squirt of lemon and 2 milliliters of ACV and 2 milliliters of Chlorophyll. I add 2 drops of ez-sweetz. As they defrost throughout the day I just sip away.

I very occasionally take some B vitamins or magnesium or possibly potassium, but less than once a week.

For the milliliters I use a syringe minus the needle. I think you can use way more but I don't really like a strong taste of ACV and the seriously green color of the chlorophyll is displeasing to me (I'm serious... mine is SO green! It looks unatural even though it is all natural)

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html

Last edited by Carly; 08-16-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Old 08-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

I gave my Resveratrol to DH to give to his coworker who is JUDDDing, because it gave me horrible headaches. The first time she took it, she commented to DH that she felt like she was on drugs, she had sooo much energy. Wow, I wish I could get some of that energy!
OMG, that is, like, SO unfair!!!
I need some energy, too! (But only in the daytime, please, Energy Fairy!)

Old 08-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
OMG, that is, like, SO unfair!!!
I need some energy, too! (But only in the daytime, please, Energy Fairy!)

The pterostilbene and resveratrol have been like my own personal energy fairy. I had been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome in 2010. About a year after my spinal fusion which was in 2/2009. I didn't really buy it, but I was the most tired, worn out 33 or 34 year old in the world. As if the degenerative athritis wasn't pathetic enough at my age, the lack of energy made me feel worse that my 86 year old grandmother who gets around pretty well.

I would love to lose some of my pain medication, but I haven't really found anything natural that works. I tried accupuncture- it was really relaxing, but didn't do much for the pain.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I haven't ever tried resveratrol but am taking the jarrow. Took one ptero with lunch then one at 3pm. It is now after six and I have no hunger at all. No headache or other symptoms. Very thirsty but that's the usual in 100+ temperatures. Ready for second dose of IP-6 which accelerates my heart a bit. Need to eat dinner but uninterested. Which is nice. Now catch me on a down day
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
PJ,
I can't remember which website that I read the info about supplements and how they affect patients with addrenal issues, but I believe it was the one from Dr. Lam. If you have time to check his website out, he has a lot of youtube videos that I have learned a lot from. Very informative with thyroid and hormones as well.

I have almost finished my first bottle of Jarrow Pterostilbene and I will continue taking it. I don't like to take a lot of supplements. Mainly because I feel that if I am in pretty good health, that I will never know what is necessary if I do? I used to drink a seaweed energy drink every single day. I thought I had to have it in order to feel good. I quit and I have not even noticed that I am not drinking it.

I do think that supps add up costwise. So, because of that, I don't really take it unless doctor tells me I need it. I have a heart issue and am post meno so my MD recommended 5000 mg of Vitamin D as well as liquid Magnesium glycate, Omega 3 Fish oil, Garlic and Policosanol. I take a few others as I feel the need.

I don't understand why it would not work as well for some folks as it does for me and with only 50 mg per day, I am not even taking the optimal dosage. The best benefit that I have noticed is my appetite suppression and energy boost. Any thing else that it may help, I have not noticed.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:38 AM   #159
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
May just be coincidence, but my bounces are getting smaller since I started taking the pterostilbene. Haven't noticed an energy burst yet but then I wasn't feeling fatigued before I started either. I quit all of the other supplements excpet pterostilbene so any changes should be directly related to it. I even dropped DE for awhile.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The recent studies that I stumbled upon on re: pterostilbene, the more convinced I am this could have much more health benefits than anti-aging. The anti-cancer properties regarding certain types of breast & colon cancer as well as myeloma are pretty amazing.

http://www.ihealthdirectory.com/pterostilbene/

Pterostilbene has potent anti-myeloma activity... | Margaret's Corner

The USDA Agricultural Research Service has also done research and found that pterostilbene indeed does enhance longevity and works together with resveratrol as a powerful anti-aging substance.
· Anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory action is enhanced
· Bad (LDL) cholesterol is lowered
· Cognitive decline is reduced
· Blood sugar (glucose) metabolism is improved
· Cells in general have a longer lifespan
· Fungicide activity was found to be 60 to 100 times more effective than resveratrol

Pterostilbene&rsquo;s Healthy Potential

http://www.biotivia.com/assets/evide...rostolbine.pdf

Last edited by sunday; 08-17-2012 at 07:32 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, it looks like I told Debeversole & Marie incorrectly about the ptero not having anti-inflammatory properties, because it is known to be anti-inflammatory as well as good for the cardiovascular and blood lipids.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I never heard back from Jarrow about headaches and I wrote them over a week ago?

However, since it is related or works similar to Resveratrol and we know that resveratrol can trigger headaches or migraines as this compound promotes the dilation of blood vessels. This process is known as vasodilation. Resveratrol increases the body’s natural production of nitric oxide and the presence of this increased amount is one of the biggest causes of migraine headaches. I am guessing this may be why some of us have reported headaches.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
May just be coincidence, but my bounces are getting smaller since I started taking the pterostilbene. Haven't noticed an energy burst yet but then I wasn't feeling fatigued before I started either. I quit all of the other supplements excpet pterostilbene so any changes should be directly related to it. I even dropped DE for awhile.
Adi, I have noticed this as well. I thought I may not be eating enough calories on UD, but even after my blowout day this weekend, the bounce was very minimal. I have not lost that much since beginning ptero, I believe I am at the set weight that I have forever had a tough time crossing. One thing though, I have been hitting my numbers and also feeling well.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
So, it looks like I told Debeversole & Marie incorrectly about the ptero not having anti-inflammatory properties, because it is known to be anti-inflammatory as well as good for the cardiovascular and blood lipids.

I don't remember your saying that, but *I* said it might not relieve pain, which is what they were asking about.

OTOH, it might; but I haven't been able to find many reviews.

Quote:
I never heard back from Jarrow about headaches and I wrote them over a week ago?

However, since it is related or works similar to Resveratrol and we know that resveratrol can trigger headaches or migraines as this compound promotes the dilation of blood vessels. This process is known as vasodilation. Resveratrol increases the body’s natural production of nitric oxide and the presence of this increased amount is one of the biggest causes of migraine headaches. I am guessing this may be why some of us have reported headaches.
I also read that it *is* possible to OD on antioxidants. Maybe that's why one person (adi?) can't take psb at the same time as krill oil.

I take my supplements at 2 or 3 different times of day, and put some in drinks to sip on over a few hours.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
My update:

I am grateful to Sunday for the suggestion of the pterostilbene. I DO find it curbs hunger. I am having an easier time with my down days now. I actually could use two- one about 3:00. Maybe because I weigh more than many who are on this. But still, the second one tends to give me a headache within 30 minutes of taking it, and then I don't sleep well at night. So I guess it is giving me an energy boost if it is impacting my sleep. I haven't seen that I have been losing weight any better yet, but I am going to give it time. I do agree with you Sunday, on your headache theory.

I was kind of mixed about trying this as I seem to be jumping on the supplement band wagon in excess. I already take a lot in the first place, but have been wanting to try everything everyone is talking about. Just because I don't want to miss out on a good thing! I don't want to get myself in the mode of looking for magic pills again. But there is definitely something to this stuff. I have found this the most effective supplement at controlling hunger, and I think I have tried them all!! Thanks Sunday!

Last edited by sungoddess; 08-17-2012 at 08:31 AM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bev,

I too, experienced that slight headache after taking two in one day, and it reminded me of tension headache right behind my eyes. I am curious if it was because of no food as well, because I have been trying to only take this on DD. I am amazed at the appetite suppression! I remember taking phentermine while on the hcg diet and this supp is much better without the side effects.

I don't know how anyone could take 3 in a day or 150 mg??? Maybe that is the recommendation for men.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Bev,

I too, experienced that slight headache after taking two in one day, and it reminded me of tension headache right behind my eyes. I am curious if it was because of no food as well, because I have been trying to only take this on DD. I am amazed at the appetite suppression! I remember taking phentermine while on the hcg diet and this supp is much better without the side effects.

I don't know how anyone could take 3 in a day or 150 mg??? Maybe that is the recommendation for men.

You know, it is interesting you brought that up. I took Phen-Fen. It was like a miracle for me. I remember thinking, wow this is what normal people feel like! I didn't constantly obsess about food or what my next meal was going to be. I ate normally and lost weight easily. It felt like a miracle to me because it took away any binge behavior, obsessive desire for sugar,and just a normalacy about food.

I was telling my BFF, that I had a similar feeling taking the pterostilbene. I am still eating within my ranges, but I have that "normal" feeling again that I got on Phen-Fen. OR what I perceive normal to be, anyway. And with the other benefits this provides, this is a keeper.

Last edited by sungoddess; 08-17-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #168

I did not take my psb this morning and it's a DD. I'm trying to determine if it's beneficial with regards to hunger, at least for me. So far, I have no hunger (it's only 8:15 a.m. here). I'm really starting to think I have an adrenal issue and the supplements are affecting me differently.

Should we start a supplement exchange? I could send someone my psb (if DH doesn't want to try it). I already gave away my resveratrol.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I did not take my psb this morning and it's a DD. I'm trying to determine if it's beneficial with regards to hunger, at least for me. So far, I have no hunger (it's only 8:15 a.m. here). I'm really starting to think I have an adrenal issue and the supplements are affecting me differently.

Should we start a supplement exchange? I could send someone my psb (if DH doesn't want to try it). I already gave away my resveratrol.

Not a bad idea. I can exchange my raspberry ketones and african mango (Dr Oz). We can have a pants exchange because everyone drops pants sizes so fast and a supplement exchange.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post

Not a bad idea. I can exchange my raspberry ketones and african mango (Dr Oz). We can have a pants exchange because everyone drops pants sizes so fast and a supplement exchange.
LOL good idea!!!
I was thinking, after the first pill made me so hungry & others reported headaches, that sunday might be getting a lot of partially used bottles in the mail!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
LOL good idea!!!
I was thinking, after the first pill made me so hungry & others reported headaches, that sunday might be getting a lot of partially used bottles in the mail!!!
I'll take any partly used ptero or resvartrol, but I'll send anyone else loads of B vitamins and assorted minerals that I had no use for and pants for sure! I skipped 14 petite totally. I think the 12 petites might be a thing of the past in a couple more weeks. But most of my JUDDD buddds seem so tall. My capris will be daisy dukes on all you lucky ladies!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #172

Yup, I'm currently rocking the 14 Longs! No danger of them becoming too big for a while though . . .
Old 08-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

At 198 I wore size 20 or 22 and 3x shirt! 198 doesn't look as lovely on me at barely 5'2" as it does on you!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
At 198 I wore size 20 or 22 and 3x shirt! 198 doesn't look as lovely on me at barely 5'2" as it does on you!
Wow... I need to change my avitar... I think I've lost quite a bit since that pic. But boy, I look tall!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Wow... I need to change my avitar... I think I've lost quite a bit since that pic. But boy, I look tall!
Looking skinny Carly!

I am 2 inches taller and can't wait to drop into 12s. I feel it coming.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Looking skinny Carly!

I am 2 inches taller and can't wait to drop into 12s. I feel it coming.
Bring on the 12s for Sunday!
Old 08-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

First real down day in ages and third day of two ptero a day. Not hungry and able to be reasonable about food. Mild headache but that is my sinuses as we are surrounded by forest fires. Two thumbs up for ptero for fasting or getting back to rotating down days. Feels just like when I was well into sirtuin flow.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was reading more about the great benefits of this and came across something I hadn't read before. It said to avoid taking this with milk or other dairy products as it impacts its antioxidant abilities. I tried to find the link I was reading yesterday, and I can't find it. But I thought I would post this any way!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you so much Bev! I don't drink milk, but sometimes I have greek yogurt for breakfast.

bLou ~ Good to see it helping you!

Old 08-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

I don't feel hungry today either and have barely eaten with ptero when I got up and midday. However I do have an inexplicable weight spike of over a pound after a low down day of veg and lean protein. Wonder if there is a link