Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 03:32 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Well, I just wrote the Jarrow company and asked what could be the cause of adillel's & Jen's headache? They should be responding sometime today.

Had another great DD yesterday and did not experience significant hunger. Had good energy for the main part of the day. I have quit taking ptero on UD and am now taking 100 mg on DD. One in the morning upon waking and another at 4:00 pm. Yesterday, around 9:00 pm, I noticed that I was getting hungry and my energy level was depleted. One more thing, I have noticed improvement in my eyesight! It is easier for me to read the very small stuff without needing magnifying glass. So for me personally, I have had four benefits, I have more focus, energy, eyesight, and appetite suppression. I believe this supplement will be a mainstay for me on DD. I don't know that I will take this on UD, just because I want for my appetite to remain when I need to eat.

Last, my sleep has not been interrupted at all. I sleep wonderfully well. Something I will need in the upcoming weeks, is sound sleep.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 08-09-2012 at 03:34 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 05:10 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Well, my excitement is dwindling. I got a terrible headache yesterday around 3:30pm and the last 2 nights I had a lot of trouble staying asleep. Have always just taken 1 Jarrow 50mg.

I'll see today how I feel, but I may not continue if I get another headache like yesterday.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am concerned about the reason this is happening? Carly, had you eaten anything yesterday before the headache? I noticed that some of you are not eating anything and I am wondering if this is the connection?

I rarely get headaches in general, but when I do it is almost always connected to tension/stress and/or sinus.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
I have gotten headaches too but i am pretty sure they are allergy related.
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post

I am concerned about the reason this is happening? Carly, had you eaten anything yesterday before the headache? I noticed that some of you are not eating anything and I am wondering if this is the connection?

I rarely get headaches in general, but when I do it is almost always connected to tension/stress and/or sinus.
I had eaten the day I got my headache. When I take more than one capsule, it becomes and issue for me. One is fine however. It was a different kind of headache and did not feel like a tension headache or sinus headache.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I took mine yesterday after eating. BUT I also took some of my regular supplements. Raging headache all day and even went to bedwith my head hurting. Not a migraine one though.
This morning, I ate breakfast and took one psterosilbene capsule and NO OTHER supplements. So far no headache and it is 5 hours later. Looking like a combination of the pterostilbene with some other supplement may have caused headache. I also took Krill oil capsules at the same time yesterday. Same breakfast both days.
Can't remember if I took any other supplements at the same time but I don't think so.
Not hungry either and that is so different from yesterday. I know now not to take anything else the days I take this supplement.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I usually take mine around 6:00 a.m. on an empty stomach. I honestly haven't noticed any difference in hunger. Today I waited until 8:00 a.m., still on an empty stomach, and I'm having a very hungry DD! I have no idea if it's related or not. I had to have some broth, and then I went to lunch a half hour earlier than normal because I was insanely hungry.

I also got my IUD taken out last week, so my hormones may be returning to somewhat normal levels, which could mean I'm having pre-TOM hormonal hunger, though I haven't had any other TOM symptoms yet.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I took one last night right before bed.
Blood glucose was 125.
At 7:22 in the morning, it was 132, which is "normal" for me (so, no improvement).

Then I took another, on an empty stomach, and went about my day.
Had nothing but water.
At 11:34, BG was 125...kinda high, really, considering I'd been active for 4 hours
(doing errands & housework, not just sitting around).
I was hungry but determined not to eat, because I wanted to test my BG.

So, if it does have an affect on blood sugar, it isn't immediate.
Perhaps it needs to be taken for a couple of weeks.

And I can't say it's doing anything for my appetite.
I haven't taken Benadryl for the last 2 nights but I'm still hungry.
I fasted pretty well on Sunday, but I can't be sure it was because of the psb.

**My comments aren't conclusive or meant as a review; I'm just trying to make notes as often as possible to observe how it's affecting me.**
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Yesterday was an UD and I had eaten. Today no headache and I have been fasting. Yesterday could have been one of my old headache. It had been a while, but I use to have them all the time before Juddd.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #100

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Deb, I just now saw your question! Tell me what your hubby is needing in supplements? Pterostilbene has so many different benefits and cognition is one of the major benefits. Hope to help hubby!
thanks soo much! Ken was in a motorcycle wreck 5 weeks ago and broke 26 bones punctured lung
SIGH but normally he was injured on his last tour of duty in Iraq in 2005 and his feet and knees hurt hin=m constantly any help would be grately appreciated
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #101

oh and someone mentioned clearer thinking?? Ken has PTSD and some short term memory loss
Old 08-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
thanks soo much! Ken was in a motorcycle wreck 5 weeks ago and broke 26 bones punctured lung
SIGH but normally he was injured on his last tour of duty in Iraq in 2005 and his feet and knees hurt hin=m constantly any help would be grately appreciated
OMG!! This poor man!! Pain is a dreadful thing. I just want to add that there is a book called the Miracle of MSM The Natural solution for pain. Written by Jacob, Lawrence, and Zucker. This book was a godsend for a friend of mine who was in a serious car wreck. The MSM really worked wonders. The MSM is good for relieving back pain, headaches, muscle pain, arthritis, athletic injuries. I take it in powder form and I make my own 15% MSM lotion to rub on my painful joints etc. The book tells how to take it, what dose etc. I started taking it years ago for my headaches and allergies and found it sooooooo helpful. At least it is worth reading and seeing if it applies. I hope and pray something helps him.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ken was in a motorcycle wreck 5 weeks ago and broke 26 bones punctured lung
Oh, my goodness! How terrible!!!
But how wonderful that he survived!!!

The first thing that pops into my head for this is serrapeptase. It's supposed to be amazing for healing, reducing inflammation, and preventing excessive scar tissue from building up. Don't know if it will relieve pain now but may prevent lingering/chronic pain after the injuries heal.

I was in a car accident a couple months ago and if he still has pain from stiff muscles, creatine was very helpful for me. It comes in tubs (1lb or more) and has no flavor; I just added it to water and took it all day long. I wouldn't say it's good for the joint pain you mentioned but if he's having to sit in awkward positions, limping or using crutches or favoring one side, dealing with extra weight because of casts, etc, I imagine he is experiencing a lot of muscle pain. Creatine is used by bodybuilders and it just helps so much with recovery from muscle pain.

I also took Vitamin C for the bruising. It's supposed to be important for healthy cells, so it might be helpful as he heals.

I recently started reading a bit about supplementing with bovine colostrum. It's supposed to be very healing and one of the best superfoods. It is also supposed to strengthen the immune system and since your husband has gone through such a terrible trauma, he is probably more susceptible to infections, respiratory problems, etc. Some of the reviews I read said that it helped with arthritis pain, so maybe that would help with the military injuries.

Last edited by piratejenny; 08-09-2012 at 05:31 PM..
Old 08-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
oh and someone mentioned clearer thinking?? Ken has PTSD and some short term memory loss
Today I chanced across an article about phosphatidylserine.
I had read about it a few months ago but haven't tried it yet.
Anyway, I read about 50-75 reviews of it today and everyone said it is amazing for cognition & memory. That they feel so much smarter, perform better at work, and never want to be without it!

I actually am looking into it because of diabetes & insomnia (it lowers cortisol). But most of the reviews were raving about improved brain function, so I thought of it when I read your post.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
OMG!! This poor man!! Pain is a dreadful thing. I just want to add that there is a book called the Miracle of MSM The Natural solution for pain. Written by Jacob, Lawrence, and Zucker. This book was a godsend for a friend of mine who was in a serious car wreck. The MSM really worked wonders. The MSM is good for relieving back pain, headaches, muscle pain, arthritis, athletic injuries. I take it in powder form and I make my own 15% MSM lotion to rub on my painful joints etc. The book tells how to take it, what dose etc. I started taking it years ago for my headaches and allergies and found it sooooooo helpful. At least it is worth reading and seeing if it applies. I hope and pray something helps him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Oh, my goodness! How terrible!!!
But how wonderful that he survived!!!

The first thing that pops into my head for this is serrapeptase. It's supposed to be amazing for healing, reducing inflammation, and preventing excessive scar tissue from building up. Don't know if it will relieve pain now but may prevent lingering/chronic pain after the injuries heal.

I was in a car accident a couple months ago and if he still has pain from stiff muscles, creatine was very helpful for me. It comes in tubs (1lb or more) and has no flavor; I just added it to water and took it all day long. I wouldn't say it's good for the joint pain you mentioned but if he's having to sit in awkward positions, limping or using crutches or favoring one side, dealing with extra weight because of casts, etc, I imagine he is experiencing a lot of muscle pain. Creatine is used by bodybuilders and it just helps so much with recovery from muscle pain.

I also took Vitamin C for the bruising. It's supposed to be important for healthy cells, so it might be helpful as he heals.

I recently started reading a bit about supplementing with bovine colostrum. It's supposed to be very healing and one of the best superfoods. It is also supposed to strengthen the immune system and since your husband has gone through such a terrible trauma, he is probably more susceptible to infections, respiratory problems, etc. Some of the reviews I read said that it helped with arthritis pain, so maybe that would help with the military injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Today I chanced across an article about phosphatidylserine.
I had read about it a few months ago but haven't tried it yet.
Anyway, I read about 50-75 reviews of it today and everyone said it is amazing for cognition & memory. That they feel so much smarter, perform better at work, and never want to be without it!

I actually am looking into it because of diabetes & insomnia (it lowers cortisol). But most of the reviews were raving about improved brain function, so I thought of it when I read your post.
thank you both soo very much i will check into all of this(printing it out )
yeah he has been running a fever since Monday 100.5 or so
when they first sent him home from the hospital he got pneumonia on me too sigh
if you all are interested this thread details all of it these last 5 weeks thanks again
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...s-husband.html
Old 08-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really hope the info helps.

Does your husband take any vitamins or supplements on a regular basis? Does he take magnesium? (sungoddess's post about MSM reminded me about it for some reason.) It's not a strong painkiller but I have used it to relieve headaches, backaches, etc. It relaxes muscles that are injured or in spasm. It's also needed by the body for hundreds of functions. I take it every day as one of my basic supplements; it helps me with several things, including high blood pressure.

MSM gave me some tummy troubles...diarrhea is one of its possible side effects. It may not happen to many people but since your husband is in pain it would be extra difficult to rush to the bathroom! So I recommend starting on very small doses. sungoddess mentions a lotion; maybe applying topically would not have that effect.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb, I am so sorry! Please give us a little more time on the pterostilbene, because it is new and we are just now doing a trial run. As you can see, we have had so many different reactions to it amongst our small group here. I couldn't find any personal testimony on this supplement prior to my using it???

I think Bev's suggestion is a wonderful one! I have read a lot of good things on Amazon and other websites about MSM. Did you know that coconut oil is supposed to be good for the brain as well? I will go and look for the article.

My son has PTSD and he has had wonderful experience with Theanine Serene w/ Relora as well as taking a Neuron Optimizer by Jarrow. He is a Geology major in school full time and needs this to help him concentrate as well.

From the website for Neuron Optimizer~

Neuro Optimizer is nutrition for the brain; combining CDP Choline (cytidine 5'-diphosphocholine; also known as Citicoline);Phosphatidylserine; Alpha Lipoic Acid; Acetyl L-Carnitine; L-Glutamine and Taurine to enhance brain metabolism and antioxidant protection safely and naturally; without the useof stimulants.*Citicoline (CDP-Choline) is an essential intermediate in the synthesis of phosphatidylcholine; a major constituent of the gray matter of brain tissue (30%).* Citicoline promotes brain metabolism by enhancing the synthesis of acetylcholine and restoring phospholipid content in the brain.*PS (Phosphatidylserine) supports the brain's proper response to stress and promotes neuronal communication.* The antioxidants Acetyl L-Carnitine; Alpha Lipoic Acid and Taurine provide protection for the neurons from damage caused by certain free radicals.* Acetyl L-Carnitine; Alpha Lipoic Acid and L-Glutamine also support energy utilization.* Taurine also aids in osmoregulation (maintenance of proper concentrations of ions) inside the cell.

Stimulant free.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, it looks like PJ already covered this!

Please let us know how he is doing! I can't imagine the trauma this has been for you and family to go through.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Such great ideas! Yes the MSM can cause diarrhea in therapeutic amounts as does magnesium. The lotion bypasses that issue. Plus you need to build up gradually. Good luck!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Bev, I ordered a book on MSM, "The Miracle of MSM:The Natural Solution for Pain" by Stanley W. Jacob MD and I have yet to read it! This makes me want to pick it up and find out all about it.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #111

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
First dose going in now.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey Bev, I ordered a book on MSM, "The Miracle of MSM:The Natural Solution for Pain" by Stanley W. Jacob MD and I have yet to read it! This makes me want to pick it up and find out all about it.

yes that's the book I was referring to. It kind of changed my life. I use the crystals to make mouthwash for dental issues, and a lotion for skin issues. It makes your skin soft and smooth. It is great for hair growth and nails too. It is like when people used to go to the sulfur springs for treatments. I also take it internally, but in divided doses as I have intestinal problems. I have been rubbing it on my very sore underarms after doing the Callanetics underarm pulses!!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
yes that's the book I was referring to. It kind of changed my life. I use the crystals to make mouthwash for dental issues, and a lotion for skin issues. It makes your skin soft and smooth. It is great for hair growth and nails too. It is like when people used to go to the sulfur springs for treatments. I also take it internally, but in divided doses as I have intestinal problems. I have been rubbing it on my very sore underarms after doing the Callanetics underarm pulses!!
Wow! I am going to read this now!

And about the pulses...
Old 08-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #114

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I used to take MSM, wonder why I stopped?

First dose of pt this morning on a DD. I was pretty hungry after doing my Callanetics and ate more than I normally would before lunch. Then I felt a bit 'low' for an hour or so, mind you I was supermarket shopping, which I hate.

Got through the rest of the day with no problems.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

No real headache since that one a couple days ago. My neck hurts a lot and that headache probably was related to my neck more that the pterostilbene. It's an UD and 8:45pm I've had less than 700 calories so it may not be something I can take regularly on UDs. I'm about to have dinner, but I'm not hungry. Are others taking it on UDs?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #116

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I've been taking it on UDs and DDs with no appreciable decrease in appetite except for one day.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
No real headache since that one a couple days ago. My neck hurts a lot and that headache probably was related to my neck more that the pterostilbene. It's an UD and 8:45pm I've had less than 700 calories so it may not be something I can take regularly on UDs. I'm about to have dinner, but I'm not hungry. Are others taking it on UDs?
I am, but I am one of those outside the norm. I have no trouble ever getting in all of my UD calories and usually have to be very careful to be sure I don't go over. So I am hoping this will make it easier to stay within my limits. I haven't had another headache either, but I am only taking one pill.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all, I came back to let you know I accidentally took 2 today!!!
So, 100 mg. Blame it on my ADD, because I pop a supplement then I forget that I already took it.

It is a DD and I had a very minor headache, in fact, it was more like a slight tension headache right behind my eyes. I had NO HUNGER whatsoever all day. In fact, I felt very guilty for eating because I really didn't have hunger.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Today is a DD. I think the pterostilbene is like a pain pill- I'll explain. So I take a pain killer and I know the pain is still there. I can kinda feel it, but I just don't mind so much. With the pterostilbene I may know I'm hungry/ feel some hunger, but I just don't care that much so I continue what I'm doing and the hunger passes. In that way its better than a painkiller, because usually in 3-4 hours the pain just comes back. I don't seem super hungy even when I fast until 8 or 9pm. Could just be the SIRT1
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 08-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #120
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
For those of you that are having headaches: have you checked your blood pressure to see if it's elevated?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote