Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #751
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I have recently upped my dose to 15O a day and I don't get any hunger! I eat when I should or when it is time or not at all depending on whether it is is an UD or a DD. I am doing 5:2 so it is a more varied scene.

I really don't get rumbles. It is amazing.

I will keep this up for another week then try dropping my UD dose back to 100. I have to import them from the Sates and they work out to be quite expensive...
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 04:26 AM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 192/171.4/140 5'7
Start Date: 3/19/14
I ordered the Jarrow brand after reading this long thread....thanks for all the posts! Will see what happens...should have it in about a week. If I like it, will go with the dr vitamins next. That is a really good deal.
ncgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #753

I wonder if they, Dr Vitamin, would ship to me in the UK? Or maybe to Canada? Soren is coming over next month and I hope to meet up with her.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #754

No I see they only post to the States.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #755

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
You and Soren are going to meet up? That's wonderful! I know you'll enjoy each other, and I'd love to see a picture or two of the two of you hangin' out!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #756

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I have used the ptero with differing results. I have posted that no matter the dose, I am not getting any results. So I tried something different, having 5 bottles now of the Ptero I am not going to give up easily like I have with other supplements in the past. I was taking the ptero from the Doctor Vitamin (150 mg) in the AM, and saw no results. While I was in the Vitamin Shoppe they had Jarrow Ptero for sale (half price) and I bought all 2 bottles they had. I started taking 2 of those (so now I am on 100mg daily) in the AM about an hour before having any food/coffee. It is working!!! So if you play with your dose/supplement it can work for you too!!! Once the Jarrow, runs out I know the Doctor Vitamin will work. Just have to take it on an empty stomach.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
You and Soren are going to meet up? That's wonderful! I know you'll enjoy each other, and I'd love to see a picture or two of the two of you hangin' out!
Me too I love meet-ups. Especially with pictures. I am going to Japan in July and am planning on meeting up with a LCFer there. Imagine that, of all the places to meet another LCFer---Japan but she is based at the Air Force base over there in Okinawa and we are going to see DH's family. I cannot wait
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #758
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
I've been taking the 50 mg Jarrow on my UD and the 150 mg on my DD. I usually take them before my coffee in the morning, but have taken them with breakfast when I forget.

The only disadvantage to the 150 mg capsules is you can't take less - obviously. And I have three bottles of them at the great deal of buy one get two. I had been reading about taking 50 mg before each meal, but can't switch them up unless I put out more $$ to buy 50 mg capsules.

I do notice less hunger on a DD with the 150 mg, but don't feel it lasts till bedtime. My last two DDs I have gone to bed hungry, but luckily sleep through the night fine. I think I will experiment taking the 150 mg later in the day on an empty stomach and see if it works to keep the hunger at bay all day.

Today is an UD and I took 50 mg with my coffee and followed up with food one hour later.

I've never felt I have more energy on DDs or UDs. In fact on DDs I feel very tired about 4 pm every day and am always in bed early because I'm tired.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post

I've never felt I have more energy on DDs or UDs. In fact on DDs I feel very tired about 4 pm every day and am always in bed early because I'm tired.
This is me too. I am so tired that by 4PM I am asleep on the couch. Cannot even make it to bedtime without napping. And that is with having coffee at 4PM. I sleep right after I have been more tired lately, but have been blaming the hormone therapy I am on. I had a long talk with my hormone doc about that, and will bring it up to my family doc next week at my yearly physical. I am/was taking so many things to help with energy and it is doing quite the opposite, so something is wrong.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #760
bkm
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkm
Stats: 200/140/130
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 08/12/2014
I took my 11th (150mg) ptero this morning - it's a DD (3rd DD while on ptero) for me. I take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, but then shortly after I have 2 cups of coffee (with half&half). Planning on not eating until dinner (boiled shrimp on a dressing-free salad) with another coffee late afternoon. I doubt I'll have any trouble with hunger.

On my UDs with the ptero, I think I notice some appetite reduction - however, I seem to eat whether I'm hungry or not, if the food is on my plate I just keep eating - think that I need an "adjustment"! Eating without hunger has long been a major problem for me, but I'm working on it!

I'm still not sure just how much help the ptero gives me on UDs - if I tell myself to watch it, I manage to fairly easily????? (unless I have a bowl of fresh cherries like I did last night - I think I ate about 1.5 pounds! - and then I felt bloated for the rest of the evening...)

I've been low-carbing since 01/01/1994 (weighed >200#) - reached my goal weight in 1995 (125#) - maintained with a few blips (gaining up to 160#) along the way - lost weight on HCG but hated the no-fat! - now up about 10 pounds and looking for a solution!
bkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #761
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
This is me too. I am so tired that by 4PM I am asleep on the couch. Cannot even make it to bedtime without napping. And that is with having coffee at 4PM. I sleep right after I have been more tired lately, but have been blaming the hormone therapy I am on. I had a long talk with my hormone doc about that, and will bring it up to my family doc next week at my yearly physical. I am/was taking so many things to help with energy and it is doing quite the opposite, so something is wrong.
I'm sorry you are so tired. I hope you find out why and can find something to help.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #762
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
I've got mine ordered and supposedly arriving on Friday. Excited to see any impacts!
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #763
bkm
Senior LCF Member

A DD today. I took my 150 mg ptero first thing this AM - then had my 2 cups of coffee/half&half.

Mid-afternoon, we went to St. Armand's Circle - walked a couple of miles then stopped at an outdoor cafe. My husband had a beer - I had a cafe la leche - essentially strong coffee with steamed milk. No real hunger or sense of deprivation!

For dinner stuck with steamed shrimp over a plain salad - hubby also ate some chocolate and had a glass of wine, plus LOTS of blue-cheese dressing - I was fine, though I did later have a sugar-free Popsicle - estimate the day as well within 500 calories.

I'm happy with the ptero - it's not "magic" for me, but seems to work if I give it some effort on my part. Definitely will continue with it.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:23 AM   #764
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm View Post
Mid-afternoon, we went to St. Armand's Circle - walked a couple of miles then stopped at an outdoor cafe.
Was just there in April when we went to Siesta Key! We loved it!!!! My parents are moving to Sarasota in November (if the house is finished) and my grandmother already moved there. It is a lovely part of Florida!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:01 AM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Ok - my experiment for only 50 mg on an UD is not working. Two UD with terrible munchies after dinner - which I gave in to. Will continue with 150 mg each day. Was it just a week ago that I complained it took away TOO MUCH appetite? LOL

Today is a DD - going to try just liquids: coffee with cream, lemon water and broth only. Need to flush out some bloat!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #766
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/206.2/145 5'4" 34 years old
I never noticed any huge improvement in energy, but I do seem to want to sleep around the same time each day. Must be when the ptero wears off. Unfortunately, I'm still at work at that time! A few times I haven't been able to keep my eyes open - not good! I made the mistake of taking my ptero around 3:00 this past Sunday, and I had a difficult time falling asleep. However, I was also coughing up a lung due to illness, so maybe it was just that. Not willing to experiment like that unless it is a Friday or Saturday so I don't necessarily have to go to sleep early! Just thought that was interesting to witness since AS has been my only real noticeable effect from this stuff.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #767

Sorry if I am being dumb. But AS?
Old 06-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #768
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinTheDream
Stats: 135/124.6/118 5'4" 28 yo
WOE: Ideal Protein, JUDDD
Start Date: IP started 1/1/13; JUDDD started 5/12/13
Kissa - I think AS = Appetite Suppression...

Just got my order from Dr. Vitamins yesterday. What an amazing deal, and it came really fast! I've been taking the Jarrow ptero every morning for almost 2 weeks now. I started with 50 mg and have been titrating up to 150 mg the last few days. I'm not seeing really strong benefits, but I do find my DDs easier since my appetite is suppressed a bit more. I'm hoping that the longer I take the ptero the better the effects will get.
LivinTheDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #769
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fufu
Stats: 187/156/135 5'5"
WOE: HHCG/JUDDD
Livin, how long did it take to get your Dr Vitamins order? I just ordered mine today and hoping I don't run out of my Trimblu Ptero before they arrive. Although, I don't seem to get the appetite suppression like some of you on here, (oh, do I wish I didn't have any desire to eat on DD!) in case it is working a little, I don't want to be without to find out.

I started P3 almost a week ago from hcg and since my last rounds have always had a horrible time stabilizing and ended up gaining all my weight back both times (arrrrrgh!), I am praying that JUDDD works for me. So far, I've been eating 500 calories every other day and not eating sugars/starches. I'm hoping I will be able to get away with just (2) 500 calorie days to maintain, but for now every other day seems to be working. I haven't been counting my calories on up days, though. Anyway, I'm a new JUDDDer and am very grateful to have found all of you and your helpful posts here!
fufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #770
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinTheDream
Stats: 135/124.6/118 5'4" 28 yo
WOE: Ideal Protein, JUDDD
Start Date: IP started 1/1/13; JUDDD started 5/12/13
Hi Fufu, I ordered my ptero on 6/5 (Wednesday) and they were delivered via USPS on Saturday 6/8. I live in Washington State, and it looks like the supps were shipped from Florida.
LivinTheDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #771
bkm
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufu View Post
I started P3 almost a week ago from hcg and since my last rounds have always had a horrible time stabilizing and ended up gaining all my weight back both times (arrrrrgh!), I am praying that JUDDD works for me. So far, I've been eating 500 calories every other day and not eating sugars/starches. I'm hoping I will be able to get away with just (2) 500 calorie days to maintain, but for now every other day seems to be working.
Fufu - I lost weight with hcg, and now I am maintaining with JUDD - and loving it!

When I started hcg, I had about 15 pounds to lose - took several rounds to get those pesky pounds off - but now I am keeping the weight off (so far - keeping my fingers crossed!). I tend to get my weight where I want it, then it creeps up on me and I am 15-20 pounds heavier than I ought to be - at which point I do something "drastic" (i.e., hcg, extreme low-carb, hoodia). So far (since 4/11, completed 16 DDs - I do 5:2) this has been working - and it's so very easy!!!

And I can eat such a wide variety of food, which I couldn't do on hcg or low-carb - just rein it all back in on a DD! I've eaten (real) pizza, drunk a beer, eaten tortilla chips with avocados, etc., etc. I try not to "go wild" at any time but to eat sensibly (which doesn't always work) ...

I think you'll really like this WOE!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #772
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fufu
Stats: 187/156/135 5'5"
WOE: HHCG/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm View Post
Fufu - I lost weight with hcg, and now I am maintaining with JUDD - and loving it!

When I started hcg, I had about 15 pounds to lose - took several rounds to get those pesky pounds off - but now I am keeping the weight off (so far - keeping my fingers crossed!). I tend to get my weight where I want it, then it creeps up on me and I am 15-20 pounds heavier than I ought to be - at which point I do something "drastic" (i.e., hcg, extreme low-carb, hoodia). So far (since 4/11, completed 16 DDs - I do 5:2) this has been working - and it's so very easy!!!

And I can eat such a wide variety of food, which I couldn't do on hcg or low-carb - just rein it all back in on a DD! I've eaten (real) pizza, drunk a beer, eaten tortilla chips with avocados, etc., etc. I try not to "go wild" at any time but to eat sensibly (which doesn't always work) ...

I think you'll really like this WOE!
Livin... Wow! That's awesome that you got yours so fast!!! I read this whole thread and it seemed like it took quite a while for some people, so that gives me hope! I'm like you hoping that the Ptero benefits are more noticeable the longer I'm on it. I've been taking 150 mg every other day now. I envy those who say that they don't even care about eating when they take it... I think I love food too much to ever get like that, but it would be nice for DD!

Bonnie, So happy to hear that this is working for you... it makes me hopeful. When you say you get your weight where you want it and then it creeps up 15-20 lbs, did this occur before you were doing JUDDD? I am hoping I can also do 5:2 instead of every other day at 500 calories... I've only been doing this for a week now from tomorrow, so maybe I'm eating too much on up days or maybe the scales are going crazy just getting off hcg? Not sure, but I don't know that I can continue every other day at 500 calories forever to maintain. Did you go straight from hcg to P3 in JUDDD and did you eat no sugar/starch? It's so nice to hear from someone who has gone through this off of hcg.
fufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #773
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Felina
Stats: 250/125/120
WOE: Atkins! HCG
Start Date: 7/3/11 Atkins, 12/11/11 hhcg, rxhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufu View Post
Livin, how long did it take to get your Dr Vitamins order? I just ordered mine today and hoping I don't run out of my Trimblu Ptero before they arrive. Although, I don't seem to get the appetite suppression like some of you on here, (oh, do I wish I didn't have any desire to eat on DD!) in case it is working a little, I don't want to be without to find out.

I started P3 almost a week ago from hcg and since my last rounds have always had a horrible time stabilizing and ended up gaining all my weight back both times (arrrrrgh!), I am praying that JUDDD works for me. So far, I've been eating 500 calories every other day and not eating sugars/starches. I'm hoping I will be able to get away with just (2) 500 calorie days to maintain, but for now every other day seems to be working. I haven't been counting my calories on up days, though. Anyway, I'm a new JUDDDer and am very grateful to have found all of you and your helpful posts here!
fufu, that's what I did. I was in p3 and hovering around the top of my window and needing a correction day here and there. For my last week I decided to start JUDDD but remained protocol with no starches or sugars. It worked great! I started losing a lb a week and continued to until I started my current round of HCG and had to load. Loading costed me a 12 lb gain but it was gone by day 5. I hope that this will be my last round of HCG. I'm close enough to goal now so when this round is over I will go back to JUDDD hopefully just for maintenance.
Felina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #774
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelly_S
Stats: 225/174/155 5'2" 45yr
WOE: 2/1/13 Shangri La (225lb); 3/13/13 JUDDD (215 lbs)
Start Date: 3/13/13 - 28 weeks on JUDDD - 41 lbs gone/51 total
So I ordered the awesome deal from Doctor Vitamins the morning of June 6th and had them by the afternoon of June 8th! They ship from Florida and I'm in Atlanta so it's not like they had to travel 3000 miles, but that was super quick!

I will post my results after I've tried them for a few weeks.
Shelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
I'm a little disappointed to say that the effect of the ptero on my blood sugar seems to have waned. I'm not sure if it's the difference between the Jarrow brand and the Dr. Vitamin brand or if I'm just eating too many carbs. But lately if I eat a heavy carb meal the night before, I'll wake up with a slightly elevated bg.

I'm still going to keep taking the ptero because I'm hoping it has other benefits. I've never felt the AS but maybe if I stopped taking it I'd be ravenous and realize it was suppressing my appetite all along.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #776
Senior LCF Member

I hope it's just the brand of ptero for your blood sugar Deedee. I know you were excited to see it help you.

I am noting less appetite with ptero, but I'm one who eats without appetite - so I need to control that. If I make an effort to keep busy during the hours of 7-9 pm, I'm ok without food - but if I sit and watch TV during that time it's a battle thinking about "what can I eat?" It's my witching hour - although easier in the summer than the winter. I want to make it a habit that I don't eat after 7 pm. No exceptions.

Interesting about the ptero wearing off and then I'm tired, Silverrain. I hadn't thought about it like that. I am afraid to take the ptero too late in the day, as others note it can disturb sleep. Might need to experiment on a night when it wouldn't matter - like the weekend and not a work day.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #777
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly_S View Post
So I ordered the awesome deal from Doctor Vitamins the morning of June 6th and had them by the afternoon of June 8th! They ship from Florida and I'm in Atlanta so it's not like they had to travel 3000 miles, but that was super quick!

I will post my results after I've tried them for a few weeks.
I'll be anxious to hear about your results with ptero.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #778

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post

Interesting about the ptero wearing off and then I'm tired, Silverrain. I hadn't thought about it like that. I am afraid to take the ptero too late in the day, as others note it can disturb sleep. Might need to experiment on a night when it wouldn't matter - like the weekend and not a work day.
I never thought of this either. Could be why I am so tired by 4PM. I should try taking one earlier to see if I can make it through without a nap! I have the 50 mg so I can try that today. I took 2 of the 50s this morning. I will try one this afternoon. I hope it helps.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #779
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/206.2/145 5'4" 34 years old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Sorry if I am being dumb. But AS?
Yep, appetite suppression. Sorry - I thought others were using that abbreviation. Oops!

I've also noticed my skin is looking better. Less fine lines, and the giant furrow I always have between my eyes has smoothed out considerably. I think I read about someone else here (I think it was gotsomeold, or maybe Adi?) that noticed wrinkle reduction. I'll take it!
Silverrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #780

Don't apologise Jen, I am in my 60's and vague as a violet half the time!.

Me too on the wrinkles and boy is that nice.