Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #631
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimrich2
Stats: 212/202/160
WOE: LC + 5:2
Start Date: April 15, 2013 Restart
I bought a bottle of Jarrow from Amazon, and it should be arriving today. Unfortunately today is my 2nd DD, but my UPS man never comes until after 5. This may be good, though, as on my first DD I never felt hungry until after dinner.
kimrich2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #632
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Deena I take both, but if I had to pick 1 it would be the pterostilbene hands down.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Just wanted to report I noticed undeniable appetite reduction today with the ptero,

Two capsules with water early. A half-apple for brunch simply because I had decided to have that today for fiber. Ran errands about 3 and bought a Subway 6-inch tuna, no cheese, lots of veggies. Actually carried the bag around with me while I grocery shopped rather than eat any right away, which I knew I could have done if I wanted.

Got home and put it in the refrigerator! Content to wait to eat with my dh when he was ready for an early supper, and even then didn't need the whole sandwich, but ate it because I had planned on the veggie fiber. Maybe 550 calories today, and I'm on maintenance, so that's low.

I also think this is significant because I ate almost exactly my calories yesterday on UD and had bounced only a pound this a.m. Also, I did gardening, errands, a 20-minute workout. So it wasn't because I had some high UD cals or was particularly sedentary or anything. I was busy.

It would have been normal to face at least some hunger or even a craving today, and it didn't happen.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Has anyone had any issues with the Doctor Vitamin store (the one with the buy one, get two free deal) and not getting their deliveries? I ordered 12 days ago and still haven't gotten anything (the website says 5-7 days via UPS). I'll be calling tomorrow, just wondered if anybody else has run into this?
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #635
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen73 View Post
Has anyone had any issues with the Doctor Vitamin store (the one with the buy one, get two free deal) and not getting their deliveries? I ordered 12 days ago and still haven't gotten anything (the website says 5-7 days via UPS). I'll be calling tomorrow, just wondered if anybody else has run into this?
I had to call them... here is the deal (so they say)
They don't have any ready made product. When you order they start to make it up. They said my order (pterostilbene and resveratrol) was just getting ready to be produced this past week and I ordered April 13th.

She said on Wednesday I should have it in 7-10 days!!!!!

I will not use them again unless I have plenty of time to spare.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
Hmmmm, doesn't it also make you wonder about the quality of their product?
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #637
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofucheez View Post
Hmmmm, doesn't it also make you wonder about the quality of their product?
This really doesn't bother me but then I read the website before I ordered so I wasn't expecting next day shipping. (not that everyone else didn't read it too) . They state on their website that they make it up fresh often. And since they are capsules it just involves filling them. Kind of like having a bunch or raw ingredients and putting them together as needed. I make a lot of my product as it is ordered since I can guarantee it is freshly made that way. And that way I don't have a bunch of extra product that may or may not sell sitting around. Just my perspective.
Course I have plenty of Jarrow on hand so I am not in a hurry.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #638
Blabbermouth!!!

I have at least another 2 weeks worth of both, so not too concerned, but I didn't actually think the website was so clear about the fact that it could take 4 weeks. I must be spoiled by netrition and my prime account, because those orders come before I can blink my eyes!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #639
Senior LCF Member

Hopefully you all won't think me a troll for posting this, but we are all different and this bugged me....

While I would prefer to patronize Netrition, I did go and check out the ptero deal that has been mentioned here. I promptly noticed a spelling/grammatical error glaring at me on the screen....it's all over their website and even on their labels. You may think I'm being silly, as it is *just* a language issue ("your", not "you are"), but I feel that a company that doesn't even proofread their own website AND LABELS (!!!) may not be all that thorough in other areas (ie production of quality products).

This is just my opinion that I thought I would share. You know the old saying that if you are thinking it, others are, too?.....so I just wanted to share in case others are put off by this sort of thing.

Last edited by tofucheez; 04-29-2013 at 05:41 AM.. Reason: weird bold print that i can't fix!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
I had to grow used to the concept of an order being put into the capsules AFTER you placed it when I was referred to a local compounding pharmacist a year or two ago. That business here is as scrupulously professional and efficient as can be, but then their work area is on view to every local customer who stands at the desk/register. Also, of course, their work is "checked" by every blood test that doctors and vets do later, to be sure their patients have certain blood levels. If they weren't providing what was required, it would be found out soon.

I would assume that it's as adi says, and there's a quality element in sending out freshly prepared orders. But there is always an element of trust involved, too, and you can't ever know for sure. Even big, well-known companies get embarrassed.

Oh, I can't stand grammatical error either, tofucheez. I hear you!! I will have to say I have found it in otherwise reputable businesses, even really bright business people who seem to be helpless with grammar.

I have grown more certain of pterostilbene's hunger-controlling benefit over the month of April than I have been before. I think those who've said it needs to build up in the system have been quite right. My success the other day, which I commented on here, was repeated yesterday even when I hit a snag, and I was so grateful.

I'd suddenly realized that what I'd planned for DD supper was no longer in the house and so I started planning a sandwich that could have been a bad idea. But I wasn't hungry enough to get particularly worried about it. So I took my time, even put the meal off. I carefully recorded every item for a small sandwich and judged the portion, ended up eating 2/3rd, and stayed right within my calories for the day.

This is making maintenance easier, I think.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Whitlin-

Thanks for not thinking me a horrible old hag! I will give ptero a fair shot, but will stick with Jarrow or another brand that I am *comfortable* with....
Old 04-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
I found pterostilbene at the local health food store today! It was actually funny because DH was looking for kumbucha tea. He found what he was looking for. I had pterostilbene wrote down on a little piece of paper because I wasn't 100% sure how to pronounce it. So I showed it to the worker and she had never heard of it! I explained what it was, she was a little skeptical about it. She googled it on her phone, and found out I was right. At first she thought it was new enough that they didn't have it in yet. Ok, I'll just get it online. We walked out the door (after DH got his kumbucha tea) to leave. We had pulled out of the parking lot and was back on the road at the stoplight when the other girl working there came running out waving her arms yelling "We do have it!!" It took them a little while to find it (I guess when the shelves got stocked, it just got stuck anywhere because it was in the heart health section.) So after all that, I ended up with a bottle of pterostilbene and resveratrol (NOW brand) and a bottle of plain pterostilbene. I am so excited!! I need something to control the hungries on UD's. DD's aren't a problem for me.
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #643
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
Start Date: 4/2/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofucheez View Post
Hopefully you all won't think me a troll for posting this, but we are all different and this bugged me....

While I would prefer to patronize Netrition, I did go and check out the ptero deal that has been mentioned here. I promptly noticed a spelling/grammatical error glaring at me on the screen....it's all over their website and even on their labels. You may think I'm being silly, as it is *just* a language issue ("your", not "you are"), but I feel that a company that doesn't even proofread their own website AND LABELS (!!!) may not be all that thorough in other areas (ie production of quality products).

This is just my opinion that I thought I would share. You know the old saying that if you are thinking it, others are, too?.....so I just wanted to share in case others are put off by this sort of thing.
OMG Tofucheez....I am sooo happy you mentioned the spelling/grammar issues with that site. Though their "About Us" section describes that they are a small family company, I was nevertheless put off by the poor spelling/grammar. How careful could they be with their products if they cannot manage a spellcheck? What kind of quality can I expect from a company that does not bother to proofread their website? Even though the deals are good, I will not order from them.

Last edited by DaSHMith; 04-30-2013 at 01:29 PM..
DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #644
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
I've only just started on the ptero and early days so no surprise that there are no glaring appetite suppression results to report. I can say however there is a definite increase in my energy levels in which I notice in my walking and workouts. Just out of interest can anyone advise how long before the appetite suppression started to work for them. I was taking one 50 mg each morning but increased to two after reading some of the comments here.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #645
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen73 View Post
I finally got mine in the mail today too. WooHoo!!! I was hoping to get mine sooner, but was OK with waiting. I had some ptero to get me through til mine showed up in the mail.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #646
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
Start Date: 4/2/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
Just out of interest can anyone advise how long before the appetite suppression started to work for them. I was taking one 50 mg each morning but increased to two after reading some of the comments here.
Mojocat, the appetite suppression kicked in for me right away. I started it on a DD in the evening. My stomach was churning with terrible hunger pangs at the time. Drinking water and ignoriing it was not helping. I took two Ptero (100mg) and the pangs subsided within 10 minutes.

Certainly others may not have had such a dramatic experience.
DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
I took 1 (50 mg) when I got home around 2 pm, and I just now was hungry enough to eat dinner. Plus it gave me enough energy to go to WalMart, buy a bike and ride it home (I'm guessing app. 2.5-3 miles?), walk to DD's school for open house (15 minute walk), walk all around the school several times(3 big floors) and then walk back home and still have energy. I love this stuff!
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #648
Blabbermouth!!!

The energy is what I notice most. I don't have a big appetite and already had JUDDD appetite suppression before I started the pterostilbene. Gosh, I think I've taken it daily for a year now... Have to check the beginning of this tread.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #649
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Is there anyone taking this that has T2Diabetes, or takes meds for high blood pressure? Any problems in that area from taking it? Does it cause the "jitters"?

I want to start taking it, and have ordered it. I should get it this week, and just wondering what to expect.

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #650
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie1 View Post
Is there anyone taking this that has T2Diabetes, or takes meds for high blood pressure? Any problems in that area from taking it? Does it cause the "jitters"?

I want to start taking it, and have ordered it. I should get it this week, and just wondering what to expect.

Carole
I do not get jitters- pterostilbene is not a stimulant. I was diabetic, but since juddding I no longer am. I don't know if there are issues with your meds...
Old 05-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
I'm on day 4 of taking pterostilbene (50mg) and I'm still experiencing headaches (each day). It's a week on from my last migraine so it shouldn't be the residual from that so I suspect it is the pterostilbene.

I've taken a look through the thread and it seems as if Bev and Adi both persisted in taking it and their headaches stopped (so I assume they adapted). Anyone else?

Last edited by SlowSure; 05-02-2013 at 05:41 AM.. Reason: clarity
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #652
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I'm on day 4 of taking pterostilbene (50mg) and I'm still experiencing headaches (each day). It's a week on from my last migraine so it shouldn't be the residual from that so I suspect it is the pterostilbene.

I've taken a look through the thread and it seems as if Bev and Adi both persisted in taking it and their headaches stopped (so I assume they adapted). Anyone else?
I didn't get headaches from ptero, but I got horrible headaches from Resveratrol and I think they're similar. I had to quit taking it. I never saw any benefit from ptero, so I stopped taking it too, but might try again at some point.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #653
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, I had the terrible headaches but after taking the ptero for awhile I guess I got used to it and no longer have the headaches. I started taking 2 in the morning and one in the afternoon. Sometimes now after I take the afternoon dose I get a headache.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #654
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Just fyi for anyone ordering from the Doctor Vitamin website -- I got an email notice Tuesday that my order had finally shipped. Hope it gets here soon as I'm down to my last 100 mg of Ptero for DD tomorrow! Yikes!
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #655
Big Yapper!!!!

Mine has also been shipped although I still have a full bottle of Jarrow so I am good.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #656
Senior LCF Member

Got my bottle of JARROW right after lunch...had a small Wendy's Chili with 3 crackers, for a total of 270 crackers, for lunch. I decided to take one of the pills, and have not experienced any hunger at all since then. For me, that's unheard of! I have not even had any "head" hunger, and also, no headache! Hope this continues!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #657
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VioletsGrandMom
Stats: 253/232/180
WOE: Atkins Jan2012/JUDDD since October 2012
Start Date: January12Restart5/14
I have been taking this more consistently this week. Two in the morning and two in the afternoon. I really do think it is helping.
VioletsGrandMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #658
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
I had headaches for the first maybe 3 days of taking it but I was also taking glucomannan capsules. I had a BIG DECREASE in hunger taking Resveratrol (couldn't find Ptero in the health food store but its on order - I also just got notice that it's on it's way!) and the glucomannan. I honestly can't say which one is helping the hunger the most but I continue to take them both. My Resveratol is 250 mg capsules. I take 1 in AM and 1 PM. I take 2-3 glucomannan capsules 2x/day usually morning and after lunch with a LOT of water. I also feel the energy from the resveratol on most days (some days it's just not happening!)

I want to thank the JBs on this board who bring up these supplements. It has been so helpful!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #659
Senior LCF Member

I was going to make today an UD because of going to a fish fry, but decided to go with rotations, and stick w/DD. It has worked out beautifully by taking just one of the pills.
Have only had 370 calories today, and it is 7:20pm, and I'm not hungry AT ALL! These little pills are amazing!

Also, 2nd DD to take them, and no headaches or other side effects.

Carole
Old 05-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #660
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
I had some Swanson ptero but had taken it all up and had not noticed a big impact. I ordered from the Doctor Vitamin (buy one get two free) deal and it finally arrived yesterday. I ordered the 150's 180 capsule bottles, so I now have an 18 month supply! LOL. After taking it this afternoon, I have noticed that I have had much better control over what I ate at dinner out tonight. Maybe running out of the ptero is what has caused me to have so much trouble controlling my UDs and having them turn into UUADs? I will be taking it and monitoring what impact it has for me, posting here when it is relevant.

Thanks to each of you for sharing your information!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote