Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Please post your pterostilbene results :) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/779771-please-post-your-pterostilbene-results.html)

Librarygirl 01-15-2013 04:10 PM

No explanations necessary for you, Carly. ;)

Flutter 01-15-2013 04:50 PM

Yep, Carly, we all know you girly! :heart:

Whitlin' 01-15-2013 06:48 PM

Oh, no doubt BIG admiration for those so courageous their avatars are recent photos of themselves! Kudos, kudos! Also those (like Carly) who post threads that have before/after because that helps everyone with inspiration.

I have errands tomorrow that can take me by a Walgreens. Hope the bottle dawnyama left is still there. ;)

In theory, a chewable or subligual should hit the bloodstream more efficiently than any - would that be right?

sunday 01-15-2013 07:47 PM

Whitlin! I hope for you the best results. :love: I can't say that I have been as faithful, because I failed to renew my Jarrow brand, so made sure to pick up last week.

I am amazed to hear that Nancy had such wonderful results. Also dear Kissa! And sweet Carly needs to be the spokesperson because she is the best advertisement so far! :) I will try and remember to take my faithfully. I enjoy both resv & ptero, but have had a bit of one track mind these days. :D

mamadodge 01-16-2013 03:41 AM

Are you still feeling it, mamadodge, Jenn?

I can definietly tell a difference with the Ptero!!

Carly 01-16-2013 03:42 AM

I think it helps with appetite and energy which of course both can lead to weight loss, but I love that I need less Adderrall. I've been on some type of ADD meds for 20 yrs! So taking a little less is awesome!

Flutter 01-16-2013 04:36 AM

So just to clarify, you guys are taking this every day, right? Do you need to take it with food?

Hopefulsweigh 01-16-2013 04:51 AM

Where are Canadians buying their ptero? I was out at two mainstream health/supplement stores and both had never even heard of ptero. Can any Southern Ontario Canucks share where they are getting their ptero. Many Thanks.

Carly 01-16-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16198568)
So just to clarify, you guys are taking this every day, right? Do you need to take it with food?

I take every day on an empty stomach.
Netrition has it. Does netrition ship to Canada?

Hopefulsweigh 01-16-2013 05:05 AM

I'm sure Netrition does ship to Canada, however I would like to avoid "duty charges" which seem to be unpredictable. Might be my only choice though...:dunno:

jabbok 01-16-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopefulsweigh (Post 16198598)
I'm sure Netrition does ship to Canada, however I would like to avoid "duty charges" which seem to be unpredictable. Might be my only choice though...:dunno:

I am in Canada I ordered 2 bottles last night from Netrition the shipping was $5.20, hopefully it won't get stopped at the border for duty. I couldn't find it anywhere in Saskatchewan so I didn't have a choice of where to order it from.

Whitlin' 01-16-2013 11:24 AM

Oh well, it wasn't on the shelf so the manager checked for me and it's not on their list of what they carry at all. I'll have to be content with the Jarrow. Was just interested in that chewable idea!

Whitlin' 01-16-2013 11:27 AM

Oh, hi to Hope! So nice to "see" you again!

piratejenny 01-16-2013 04:09 PM

FYI--there's a $2 off promotion code on the Walgreen site for the BluScience products.
The Blu2Go has 50mg ptero per capsule, & 30 capsules for $5.99 seems pretty reasonable, actually, if anyone wants to give it a try!

sunday 01-16-2013 07:22 PM

Well, I most certainly will not let myself run out of the ptero anymore.

However, if anyone already has low blood pressure, they may not want to take 2 of these. The cognitive benefits alone, are worthy of taking this one supplement.

Anti-aging and Alzheimer's Therapy

Low-dose pterostilbene, but not resveratrol,... [Neurobiol Aging. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Elsevier

Hopefulsweigh 01-17-2013 05:17 AM

Hi Whitlin Yes I'm still hanging about. I seem to be struggling with DD's, and still have a few to lose, so I hope the ptero will help.

I do have low blood pressure - what are the risks?

Thanks JUDDD BUDDS!

sunday 01-17-2013 05:26 AM

I think you should be fine, but I would definitely watch for signs that you are staying too low. As long as no symptoms are present, low blood pressure is not a problem. However, if your blood pressure is normally higher or if you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed below, I would not take the ptero.

Quote:

According to the AHA, signs of too low pressure are~

Dizziness or lightheadedness
Fainting (called syncope)
Dehydration and unusual thirst
Dehydration can sometimes cause blood pressure to drop. However, dehydration does not automatically signal low blood pressure. Fever, vomiting, severe diarrhea, overuse of diuretics and strenuous exercise can all lead to dehydration, a potentially serious condition in which your body loses more water than you take in. Even mild dehydration (a loss of as little as 1 percent to 2 percent of body weight), can cause weakness, dizziness and fatigue.
Lack of concentration
Blurred vision
Nausea
Cold, clammy, pale skin
Rapid, shallow breathing
Fatigue
Depression

VioletsGrandMom 01-19-2013 07:47 AM

Sunday - thanks for posting the link to the abstract and the signs of low-blood pressure. I am going to order this today!

Carly 01-19-2013 08:02 AM

I'm with you Sunday- I wouldn't risk running out. It may be in my mind, but I don't think so. I have low BP and I was having bad symptoms a few weeks ago, but upped my salt intake and have been fine since.

SlimNana 01-19-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 16200260)
FYI--there's a $2 off promotion code on the Walgreen site for the BluScience products.
The Blu2Go has 50mg ptero per capsule, & 30 capsules for $5.99 seems pretty reasonable, actually, if anyone wants to give it a try!

Thanks for sharing this promo discount! I've been wanting to try it, along with Dr. J's Resveratrol. I ordered enough for a 2 1/2 mo. trial. Something I noticed when reading the label on the Blu2Go is that each capsule contains 35 mg. of caffeine, so that may explain the increase in energy and sleeplessness if taken too late in the day. :confused:

Carly 01-19-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlimNana (Post 16206287)
Thanks for sharing this promo discount! I've been wanting to try it, along with Dr. J's Resveratrol. I ordered enough for a 2 1/2 mo. trial. Something I noticed when reading the label on the Blu2Go is that each capsule contains 35 mg. of caffeine, so that may explain the increase in energy and sleeplessness if taken too late in the day. :confused:

That is not in the Jarrow. The caffeine I see is added to the less expensive pterostilbene and resveratrol. The more costly ones do not have caffeine added.

penguinpower 01-19-2013 11:51 AM

Thanks for bringing up the "Blue" brand name - sheesh, I was planning to order ptero and had no idea it was in these Blue capsules. I picked up a few of them at Walgreen's a while back while rolling register rewards (yes, I'm a crazy coupon lady) and had them sitting in my vitamin cabinet!

calichris 01-19-2013 12:47 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm experimenting this down day with having 2 ptero at once in the morning, one mid-day. I was taking (inconsistently) 2 on down days, one on up days, but I heard on Dr. Oz that to improve memory, 50 mg-150 mg/day is suggested based on weight.

One of the first human studies on ptero and blood pressure gave 100-250 mg ptero a day to participants, and those who took more had more significant blood pressure reductions. So it sounds like taking 150 mg., especially at my current weight, would be fine ... so I'm going to just see.

I've noticed definite mental sharpness on ptero and some appetite suppression, but not so much energy (and I really want that benefit). Probably I should also be more consistent in taking it, though! I don't have any sleep issues on it at all.

TryingJudd 01-23-2013 08:55 AM

Hi all - just got my Jarrow 50 mg Ptero and excited to try it. I took one this morning (DD) with my HB egg. Do you guys suggest morning or evening? With food or on an empty stomach? Just 50mg (one pill per day) or more?

I am mostly taking it for the appetite suppression (hopefully) although the other benefits of mental sharpness and energy would not be unwelcome!!! I don't want to interrupt sleep though. thoughts?

Librarygirl 01-23-2013 04:42 PM

I think one in the morning and possibly another midday would be enough, depending on your weight. At my weight, two are not excessive, plus the box recommends two. I'm not sure about the Jarrow brand. I only noticed a little sleep problem on the first day I took it, but nothing since. :)

mamadodge 01-23-2013 04:52 PM

I had to quit taking the Ptero. It was giving me terrible headaches and fatigue. I have since been taking 2 Resveratrol daily, and feel GREAT!
I am probably the exception, and I thought it really helped, at first, but it just wasn't worth the way I was feeling.

SlimNana 01-24-2013 08:05 AM

:dunno: I'm curious to see if a combo of both will be beneficial for me, so for the next 8 wks. I'm going to be taking 2 of Dr. Johnson's eResveratrol & 2 Blu2Go Pterostilbene daily. :)

:heart:Ann

Carly 01-24-2013 08:11 AM

I take 1 50mg pterostilbene upon waking- empty stomach. I've taken a 2nd pill only a few times so can't say. I would not take it late in the afternoon if I wanted to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

SlimNana 01-24-2013 08:24 AM

Thanks Carly. You're one of the only JBs I saw who are taking a combo of both. Do you know of anyone else who has, and had good results also?

I'm hypo-thyroid, so I take my synthroid first thing in the morning, usually by 7:00. Then I have to wait an hour before having my coffee. So I thought I would wait until 10:00 before taking my first dose of eResveratrol & Pterostilbene, then take the second ones around 2:00. Yesterday when I tried it for the first time, I had plenty of energy to work out at 4:00 and slept fine all night.

The most positive side effect was that I felt much warmer than I usually do on a DD. And that's a biggie for me, because I hate freezing my butt off and the temps. outside have been in the single digits in my area all week.

Carly 01-24-2013 08:26 AM

I do take both and I think others do as well. I have not reaped the benfit of warmer DDs. I'm freeeeeeezing!!!!!