Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
August Maintainers - Please stop in!

Good Evening All!

I thought a monthly thread would be nice

I consider myself to be in Main Lane now! I have been sort of here since June, then came a gain but now I am only 1 # from goal

I now wonder if my making the coconut bark was my down-fall

Please share any and everything here!

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Okay, I'm here. Makes me skittish, still, but I'm here.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Okay, I'm here. Makes me skittish, still, but I'm here.
Me Too!

Leona
Old 08-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hope it's ok if I jump in for a while. I've decided to take the month of August as a maintenance break. I've been trying to lose for weeks, but the old bod is not cooperating and I have not lost anything since early in July.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for a week long vacation with two of my sisters and I thought that would be a good kick off and a test to see if I can maintain.

Someone suggested that maybe after I do a month of maintenance then my body will be ready to drop some more pounds in September. I sure hope so!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I'm here! Good idea for a monthly thread.

Feeling really good about my decision to go fully into maintenance. Not just pretend maintenance, lol.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Raising hands here. Going on second month of maintenance and hoping things continue to go well. I think the key to maintenance (for me anyway), is figuring out how to adjust to the entire concept of maintaining.

Leona, way to go on bringing it back down to goal!

Yam-Yam, I think the maintenance break is a good plan. I know JUDDD's magic is still there for you, and I always think of that wonderful post of yours about why the body needs a break from weight loss because it has proven so true for me. Have a wonderful vacation!

Luna as well, I think that's a good decision and I'm glad you're comfortable where you're at because you look fantastic!

I pretty much went into just about maintenance calories the few months before reaching goal because it just seemed like it was taking forever and I wasn't even really sure if I needed to lose more and reveal even more wrinkles and saggy skin. I was sort of at that place where I wouldn't have minded losing more but wasn't willing to bend over backwards to do so. It really relieved some anxiety and uncertainty and in the end I still lost and got to goal. Veeeeery slowly, yes, but this is so not a race.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Raising hands here. Going on second month of maintenance and hoping things continue to go well. I think the key to maintenance (for me anyway), is figuring out how to adjust to the entire concept of maintaining.

Yam-Yam, I think the maintenance break is a good plan. I know JUDDD's magic is still there for you, and I always think of that wonderful post of yours about why the body needs a break from weight loss because it has proven so true for me. Have a wonderful vacation!

Luna as well, I think that's a good decision and I'm glad you're comfortable where you're at because you look fantastic!

I pretty much went into just about maintenance calories the few months before reaching goal because it just seemed like it was taking forever and I wasn't even really sure if I needed to lose more and reveal even more wrinkles and saggy skin. I was sort of at that place where I wouldn't have minded losing more but wasn't willing to bend over backwards to do so. It really relieved some anxiety and uncertainty and in the end I still lost and got to goal. Veeeeery slowly, yes, but this is so not a race.
Oh, I love hearing this! I mean that you went to maintenance calories and still slowly lost more. I.do.not.want.to.suffer! I do not want to torture myself! Yes, I absolutely want to lose more. But this is not a race and I don't have a deadline this time. So, veeeeeeery slowly would be just great for me.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I'm here too. Learning to trust maintenance and myself. Getting easier as time goes on.

Good to see y'all here.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:42 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
I'm here. I still feel obsessed with 'dieting'. In a way it's good. Keeps me where I need to be. In another way it takes most of my time and thought. I don't really have any hobbies. Maybe it's time to find one that can be my new obsession!
Next week will be the first time since starting JUDDD that I will mix up my days. We are going to visit family in northern California. There will be a long drive to get there and I would rather that be a dd (would normally be an ud but I'm going to make the 2 days before uds) so that I don't have to worry about food. And then when we get there I'm just going to have md or ud for 4 days and then we'll drive back and that'll be a dd and back to rotations.
Hopefully I can relax and enjoy the vacation and not be 'obsessed' with this part of my life for a few days!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:46 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Janette, all the best with it. Sounds wonderful. And I can hardly wait to learn from your experience. On my last holiday stint, switching days rattled my control-freak-ness, but I can - just now - see that relaxing all of this a bit might be possible for me. How exciting!
Enjoy.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:57 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Kristin-Maybe we can be partners in crime! The 'control freaks'! My control freakedness is already in full force with packing, planning, preparing so I'm hoping that letting the food and eating part go for a few days will leave more energy for the other.
And by the way, it's my husbands family we are visiting and if I don't relax a bit I'll probably drive everyone crazy including myself.
My brother in-law and his family that are meeting us there are from Ottawa! Is that near you?
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:01 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I'm about four hours from Ottawa. I grew up in a small town thirty minutes from Ottawa. Great place.
I'm only half control freak. The other half is complete wing nut. Both of these come out full force when I'm with my family. They deserve to see the entire beautiful picture, don't they?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:06 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

you crack me up!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #14

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I'm here for the duration. Good idea on a monthly thread.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

So far so good in August. Is it too soon to say that?

My scale is staying down. Nice, nice scale. I had a great DD yesterday, but didn't sleep very well last night.

I think I'm just so excited about getting to see my sisters that I'm not hungry, I'm not sleepy, I'm fidgety. I better go for a walk and then fill up our jacuzzi tub and put some lavender bath salts in. I can fuss with tweezing my eyebrows and mowing my legs, I guess.

I don't leave until 2 this afternoon. But, I'm all packed and perky and ready to go. My engines are revved and although I'm taking a Southwest flight to San Diego (and yay, I get to check two big suitcases for no extra charge), right now I'm feeling like I could fly without the plane. kwim??
Old 08-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post

Thank you, I feel pretty fantastic. I bolded this part because that's exactly how I feel about this. I wouldn't mind losing more, except that I worry about the wrinkles and the saggy skin. PJ recommends vitamin C for that, and it's inexpensive, so I may pick some up, see if it helps.

It's also a relief to be out of the weight-loss mindset. I've been working hard at this almost two years, day in, day out. I need the rest! Even when I was in "maintenance", raising DD calories, I was mentally not there. I wanted to be relaxed and peaceful about my weight, but I was disappointed every time I stepped on the scale and there was no loss. I tried to be okay with it, but deep down wanted more more more.

Now I'm hoping that the realization that more weight loss is not going to improve my looks or my health will end the obsessive need for ever more loss. Its weird, though, calling goal. Part of me expected the heavens to part, angelic choirs to sing, fireworks to shoot off in the sky. But instead, of course, it was a day like any other. Kind of a let down.

So I'm over here trying to wrap my head around the fact that I've arrived at where I've wanted to be for the past 23 years. Might take me more than one day to do that, ya think? Whatever. I want instant results, dang it!

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
[/B]

Part of me expected the heavens to part, angelic choirs to sing, fireworks to shoot off in the sky. But instead, of course, it was a day like any other. Kind of a let down.
Funny that when YOU declared goal the heavens parted for US! Choirs sang, fireworks exploded.
What's that about?
Yeah, maybe give it another day.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #18

I heard those choirs and saw the fireworks too!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I'm here for August - we'll see about September I may decide to go into WLM or even HCG again and get off this last 20-30 pounds. But I'm happy to rest here for a bit.

I came back from two weeks vacay with some extra weight.... 4-5 pounds at most I think. I did JUDDD rotations faithfully all the way through on maintenance calories *except* the last several days.... darn $5 lava flows at the pool bar!!! ha ha ha ha! I missed a couple DD and a couple MD's ended up too far.

So far I have done 2 DD and doing one today. Weight is coming back down into reasonable 2-3 pound up range. I even weighed today after my UD yesterday and I was down .4 so I am definitely encouraged. I am taking pain medication and some muscle relaxers and that always makes me retain water also so even more so encouraged. It's also HOT here - so I will be trying to stay hydrated while I obey my calories and my rotations faithfully.

As a reminder for my situations: I did hcg round 7 for me and immediately went into P3-JUDDD style and added carbs after 3 weeks (and actually had a couple starchy carbs about a week early and did fine) and was still not gaining, in fact was LOWER than my end weight even using maintenance calories. I'm convinced it's all about the rotation at this point, it's been my easiest P3-P4 maintenance after hcg EVER. I'd like to get back to below end weight (LIW or LDW ending hcg) by next week. I'm still doing maintenance calories because I do not want to lose beyond that and frankly, it's easier LOL.....

My main reason for even starting JUDDD was to learn how to maintain for LIFE and to see if the anti-inflammatory properties would help with arthritis. So far I can't tell any difference with that as some days are just plain painful. But it's not any worse! as long as I stay away from more than a bite or two of wheat which triggers pain pretty quickly for me. But at least eating like this gives me enough energy to re-start my PT for the hip which being in continual weight loss mode did NOT.

Looking forward to the future and just glad to be here.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain

Last edited by C'Marie; 08-02-2012 at 11:56 AM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Marie: I'm here for August too! We will do this together. I definitely plan to go back to WLM in Sept.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
[/B]

Now I'm hoping that the realization that more weight loss is not going to improve my looks or my health will end the obsessive need for ever more loss. Its weird, though, calling goal. Part of me expected the heavens to part, angelic choirs to sing, fireworks to shoot off in the sky. But instead, of course, it was a day like any other. Kind of a let down.

So I'm over here trying to wrap my head around the fact that I've arrived at where I've wanted to be for the past 23 years. Might take me more than one day to do that, ya think? Whatever. I want instant results, dang it!
Exactly how I felt. It was really sort of anti-climactic. I declared goal, and then it was like I looked around and nothing was different. "You mean that's it? Surely there's something I'm supposed to DO. Or I should feel different or something."

It does take a day or 2 (or 30 or 90 LOL) to wrap your head around the fact that you are THERE. And with JUDDD you can actually stay there. Forever. And if you go off plan and end up somewhere else, you can get back THERE really easily with a couple of strict dd's.

I'm finally starting to believe it, at right at 4 mos into maintenance. And I'm happy with the scale, and not always secretly wishing to be one of "those people" who keep losing in maintenance. Would I be sad if it happened? Of course not. But I'm not *saying* I'm in maintenance, and then eating/obsessing as if I'm still in wlm anymore.

I think I'm finally settling in to Kissa's sig quote. And it's a great place to be.

Welcome Marie!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

That's excellent, Tina. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hey buds I like the idea of a monthly maintenance thread. I had quit weighing daily for a long time, and by the end of June I saw that it was a mistake. I had gained back 2 - 3# by the beginning of July (started hanging around 139 - 141# which is below my original goal, but now I am used to the 130s and like it here and don't want to drift out of it). There were just too many things going on to say what was definitely the problem, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with lowering my Metformin too much. (I was experimenting as usual, but I've decided now not to play around the the insulin resistance and just stay on the Rx on the precribed dose.) I feel better since going back to my usual dose.

I haven't been doing any particular JUDDDg or MUDDDg on a set schedule, though it is happening some during the week. I notice if I eat a lot one day, I seem to eat less the next, as though it's the natural way for me. I'm not counting calories. We are going on a little vacation and when I get back I intend to focus more on what I'm eating and when. But for now, I'm back to my new normal "set point" of 137-138#. I'm happy with it. I'm sure when/if I buckle down a little more I'll see a little lower number, but eh... really I'm great being here at 137-138.

Have a great weekend, friends, and I'm hoping I can be more active on the forum when I get back next week.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 08-02-2012 at 04:14 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

I have a question for you all

I do 9 minutes of stretching exercise every morning and i walk 2 miles every day ( that takes me 32 minutes ) so according to Dr. J. site is that moderate exercise I can use to determine my calories?

I want all the food I can have

Thanks in advance about this!

Leona

ps - glad you all like the idea of a monthly thread, I was not sure I should even start one
Old 08-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
I am thinking being fairly close to goal, it is time to lean toward maintaining as I settle in to realizing what I truly want my final weight to be. Only twice in the past 10 years have I reached the magic number of 140, so I am not sure why I even picked 135 for my goal. I think in the back of my head I thought, well if I make it to 135, then I can bounce around between 135-140 and still feel really good.

Thinking I am wanting to join the land of maintenance...even though technically I am not at original goal. Have any of you "recalculated" what you thought you wanted to achieve and reset your goal weight?

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #26

Loenak all I can say is, try it if you want to. If you were still trying to lose I'd suggest that you didn't, as Pat always says, why put all that effort into burning calories only to eat them all back...

Barb, I say, maintain where you like, chances are you will still lose slowly if you have the same experience as many of us.

I love JUDDD. Oh did I already say that somewhere?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Leonak, I agree with Kissa, try it and see what happens. If you start to creep up, you know it's too much and you need to drop back down again. A lot of maintainers have pushed those numbers up gradually as their bodies settled in to the new weight without seeing scale creep. I think it's actually a good idea to force the metabolism to burn as hot as you can get it.

Barb, absolutely you can change your mind about goal. If you are happy where you are, then slide into maintenance for a bit. Because in a month or 2 or 6, you can always make a new decision and go lower if it feels right then. Or not.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Thanks Kissa and Tina...I was kind of thinking along those lines as well.

Well I have thought long and hard about this for the past couple of days while at work...

I have decided to do a maintenance level of JUDDD for August. If I can feel this good for the whole month, even with vacation, I am going to be one happy camper. After that I will re-evaluate my goals.

I think you are right Tina about changing my mind in a month or 2 or 6!! Thinking back on my weight loss over the years, I would be happy with a certain level of pounds lost, then felt it was time to move on, and I would lose more, kind of down to the next "level". I think being so close to goal, it will benefit me having mini goals, one at a time, as I feel ready for more loss. I feel as though 11 pounds in 3 months--with being so close to my probable final baseline weight--is really a pretty good rate of loss. I should enjoy this right now, bask in it, and relax.

Now I am going to call on all of your wisdom and experience. My current cals are 550-700DD/1900UD. What are some of the ways I can adjust this to maintenance level? I would prefer to up my DD cals a bit if at all possible--what do you think??

Thanks again for all of your support and help.
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #29

Barb, I kind of did the same thing. My original goal was 150, which is just over the high end of the healthy weight range for my height and frame. However, 20+ years of being very overweight has done a number on my skin and I was getting too wrinkly and crinkly. I am in the overweight range on the BMI scales, but given the fact that I've been obese most of my adult life this is a vast improvement.

So, I stopped.

I'll let more experienced maintainers answer the calorie questions. I'm not counting at all as an experiment for when I'm gone for months from my scale, I'm testing maintenance to make sure I can still do it without counting. I don't recommend this to anyone else, I'm only doing it because of the necessity of being without my scale.

I'm having a stressful day today and thanking the powers that be that it is a down day because I have a feeling if it were an up day I'd be trying to eat the planet. As it is, fasting with just coffee is keeping me feeling safe from binging. I'll probably eat a dinnertime meal and call it a day.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Barb, I think I'd start by bumping the dd cals to 700-800 to start with. Do that for a week and see how it goes. If you are still losing and don't want to, figure out where you'd like more cals. If it's a dd, bump it up another hundred. If you want to splurge a bit more on UD's, put the 100 there. Just keep doing this until your losses stop.

If you get to a point where you just really have enough food, and are still losing, well then, don't force it and enjoy. At that point, you might be able to get away with a once a week free day. But for now, just add a little, wait a little, add a little, wait a little.