Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121/118-123
WOE: my way
Calling all JUDDer who also follow Leptin Reset

Are there are any JUDD buds who incorporate leptin reset?

adillenal- I know you are following LR. Are you following Jack Kruse leptin reset or Mastering Leptin? I started Jack Kruse protocol last week and got the Mastering Leptin book yesterday. I don't see any BAB (50 gr protein breakfast) in Mastering Leptin. I have not read the whole book but it does not look like they recomment 50 gr of protein. I can see myself eating 50 gr on UD but if I do this on DD, I will eat up most of my daily calories. Please share how you follow it.

Would love to hear from other leptin reseters as well, if there are any

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am following Mastering Leptin. He recommends a protein breakfast but does not give you a gram total to aim for. There are some examples of breakfast in the book.
I eat the same breakfast every day and it is about 186 calories plus 50 for cream in my coffee.
2 eggs + 2 egg whites scrambled
If I am feeling extra hungry and it is an UD I will have 3 eggs + 2 egg whites. So far this gets me to lunch with no problems since I need a 5-6 hour lull between meals with no snacks.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

adillenal- what do you eat for lunch and dinner on DD? Thanks.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Marika: When Adi told me about "Mastering Leptin" I had to order a used hard copy because I couldn't download it on my Kindle. However, I found that I could download a more current book by Richards called "The Leptin Diet".

It was soooooo good. He does recommend 30 grams of protein for breakfast and says some people need 50 grams of protein for breakfast. He says you don't have to eat breakfast early. He advocates only eating 3 meals per day with 5-6 hours in between meals with no snacking. However, he also says that some people do better only eating 2 meals per day and not 3 and that's great too.

Now I'm reading "Mastering Leptin" and I might get confused about where he said what. I do know that in "the Leptin Diet" book he has a great section about what he calls famine rebound mode. It is the same thing I read about in Dukan's book but Dukan dubbed it Weight Rebound Reaction.

Richards explains in greater detail what happens, involving Leptin, after we lose a significant amount of fat and our body stops losing and fights hard to regain fat stores and put us back at the set point we were at before the diet started. Plus, it usually adds 10-15 pounds on top of that just to make sure another perceived famine does not happen.

He said it takes a good six months of maintaining at a lower weight before our bodies will accept the new lower set point. All of this info is really great and you might want to get The Leptin Diet because it goes well with Mastering Leptin.

Richards also tells us how we can know we are in fat burning mode and gives tips for getting into and staying in fat burning mode which is cool and helpful info.

I have not read Kruse's book and don't know much about Leptin reset, but I imagine it is similar?

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Yam -Yam! I will get the other book as well.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

The Mastering Leptin book has a section called "The Leptin Diet". Did he re invent it and publish another stand alone book with just that in it?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I read Jack Kruse website and forum and he is finally realizing that some of us can't eat the full 50 gr of protein for BAB. Also, if you join his facebook group you can learn a lot of info on his version. I tried to do it when I first began JUDDD and the best thing that happened is, I only eat twice a day and sometimes once per DD. I never snack now and that was something that I used to do daily if I stayed up late.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
The problem I have with Kruse LR is the fact that he does not believe in exercising until after your dinner. I can do some exercise in the evening, but my good workout has to be in the morning.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
The problem I have with Kruse LR is the fact that he does not believe in exercising until after your dinner. I can do some exercise in the evening, but my good workout has to be in the morning.
I am the same way. I never have energy in the evening. I love my morning excercise.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I read Jack Kruse website and forum and he is finally realizing that some of us can't eat the full 50 gr of protein for BAB. Also, if you join his facebook group you can learn a lot of info on his version. I tried to do it when I first began JUDDD and the best thing that happened is, I only eat twice a day and sometimes once per DD. I never snack now and that was something that I used to do daily if I stayed up late.
Thanks Sunday! I am not on facebook but I have been reading his very extensive website.
I think I can probably have nice protein breakfast and late lunch and call it a day on DD. I often like to skip dinner. Actually when I was a kid growing up in europe, I always ate big breakfast, medium size lunch and just a small snack for dinner around 5 PM. I was was a skinny kid.
Do you eat breakfast on DD?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
The Mastering Leptin book has a section called "The Leptin Diet". Did he re invent it and publish another stand alone book with just that in it?
Adi: I don't see a section in "Mastering Leptin" called the Leptin Diet. The copyright on this book says 2002, 2003. Maybe there is a newer version?

Anyway, yes. He wrote a more current book and the title of the book is "The Leptin Diet". There is a lot of info in it. Some things he goes into more details about. I read it on my kindle, so can't judge how thick it is. He does outline and elaborate on his 5 rules. I enjoyed it.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
I'm thinking of trying this. I remember that thomasina did JUDDD and Kruse for a while. She mentioned having tilapia or buffalo for breakfast; I believe somewhere around 240 calories worth got her to the Krusian 50 grams.
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttemple4 View Post
I'm thinking of trying this. I remember that thomasina did JUDDD and Kruse for a while. She mentioned having tilapia or buffalo for breakfast; I believe somewhere around 240 calories worth got her to the Krusian 50 grams.
Good idea. According to the nutritional info on my bag of frozen tilapia filets, 4 oz has 23 grams of protein and 100 calories. I could do that! Fat free, plain Greek yogurt is also protein rich. Maybe a cup of yogurt and a piece of tilapia. I might try that tomorrow! I don't eat breakfast, so it would be for lunch.

Is Kruse one of the diet gurus who believes you have to eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up? I could never do that.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:44 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Is Kruse one of the diet gurus who believes you have to eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up? I could never do that.
Yes, that's what he recommends.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

I have started lepting chalenge a week ago. Anyone wants to join me there is welcome
Leptin Reset Challenge
Old 08-02-2012, 04:52 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Yam Yam - second edition. Part 1 is The scope of leptin, part 2 is The Leptin Diet, part 3 is preventing disease. Copyrignt is 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

Basically 5 rules (page 109) make up The Leptin Diet
1. Never eat after dinner. Allow 11 - 12 hours between dinner and breakfast. NEver go to bed on a full stomach. Finish eating dinner at least 3 hours before bed.
2. Eat three meals a day. Allow 5-6 hours between meals. Do not snack (later he talks about eating only twice like was mentioned)
3. Do not eat large meals
4. Eat a high protein breakfast
5. Reduce the amount of carbohydrate eaten
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 08-02-2012 at 04:59 AM..
Old 08-02-2012, 05:05 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
adillenal- what do you eat for lunch and dinner on DD? Thanks.
HB eggs or turkey slices rolled around a third of a pickle spear. Sometimesfor dinner I will saute zucchini and add 1/2 cup low calorie spaghetti sauce for 100 calories. I try to keep DD meals VERY simple.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Mastering Leptin says to exercise on an empty stomach but her refers to aerobic exercise and does not mention lifting weights specifically on an empty stomach. At least not that I can find.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
That sounds interesting. The 6 month par, which our body needs to accept the new low weight, are shocking!!!

@yam yam: does the book say anything about not using animal protein? Kruse says it doesn't work with plant based protein. But I can't eat 30min after waking up anyway.
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaSimpson View Post
That sounds interesting. The 6 month par, which our body needs to accept the new low weight, are shocking!!!

@yam yam: does the book say anything about not using animal protein? Kruse says it doesn't work with plant based protein. But I can't eat 30min after waking up anyway.
I am not yam yam but in the 2005 Mastering Leptin book he talks about those people that cannot eat a full breakfast when first getting up and he has a way to solve that. When I get home I can look it up and report back. He mentions oatmeal as higher protein so he doesn't seem to be anti plant protein.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

I think he mentioned whey protein as well. I don't ever remember him saying anything about animal vs. plant based protein except that he did stress if you are severely Leptin-Resistant, do cut way down on carbs. He says have a high protein breakfast with low or NO carbs.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Reading "Mastering Leptin" and there are few things that I totally disagree with an author. I am surprised how ignorant he sounds. I and don't even want to finish reading the rest of the book.

1. He obviously hates Atkins-"The Atkins diet is the worst popular diet on the market. It seeks to solve insulin resistance by eliminating or drastically reducing carbohydrate. This type of calorie manipulation can work for a period of time; however, it turns individual into carbohydrate cripples..."

2. He thinks if you eat a steak for dinner- you will see 2-4 lbs gain next morning. Hello ??

3. He says that your morning weight should be be the same as evening weight. And if it is higher than you are doing something wrong. That's total non-sense!!!! Even if you only drank water for the rest of the day, your weight will be higher by at least 2-5 lbs.

These are the 3 things that stood up so far.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

@Adillenal: thx for your answer. Would be cool if you could lookt it up. I don't really want to spent money on another book, just to find out that it is all meat based...
well I love oat meal, but I would gain a lot when eating it every day....

@yam yam: thank you, and have a nice time with you sisters!!

@tobelowcarber: the same weight in the eve like mornins? Com'on, that's not possible. Well maybe if you have super massiv bm after every bite! Haha!!!
One of the correction days after hcg calles for a huge Steak eaten for dinner, while fasting the whole day. People report a loss of up to 4 pounds the next morning. I've never done a steak myself though.
What I believe that we can get very sensitiv on wheat, when cutting it out from our diet for a long time.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Reading "Mastering Leptin" and there are few things that I totally disagree with an author. I am surprised how ignorant he sounds. I and don't even want to finish reading the rest of the book.

3. He says that your morning weight should be be the same as evening weight. And if it is higher than you are doing something wrong. That's total non-sense!!!! Even if you only drank water for the rest of the day, your weight will be higher by at least 2-5 lbs.
This is what I read about that:
"There is a simple test to to help determine if too many carbohydrates are eaten. Stand on the scale first thing in the morning and then stand on the scale at night. If an individual weighs over two pounds more at night than in the morning, one of the five rules of eating has been violated. If rules 1-4 were followed, then too many carbohydrates were eaten that day." p154

But since I have been following the five rules, there are many days that I weigh the same when I go to bed that I did that morning.

Personally I think Stillman's is about the worst fad diet. Nothing but lean protein????? I don't think Dr. Atkins intended for so many people to stay on the bottom rung of his program forever. BUT I cannot lose on Atkins. I have to do lowfat along with low carbohydrate to lose on very LC. All of us are so different.

Rebecca - This is about people who can't eat first thing in the morning. They may just have to have a little something to not feel queasy and then eventually have the high protein meal. The problem improves as their overall level of toxicity decreases.
Ex of breakfast
eggs
cottage cheese
peanut butter or almond butter
along with a serving of a complex carbohydrate. Any lean protein can be eaten at breakfast along with a moderate amount of carbohydrates.
On some UD's I will have cantaloupe along with my eggs as my moderate carbohydrate or not. usually I can't eat that much in the morning.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:38 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

@Adillenal: thank you!
I'll weight myself tonight out of curiosity. Sometimes when I weight myself at 6am I weight up to 3 pounds more then 3 hours later at 9am.... No bm between. Weird isn't it?
Old 08-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
I usually weigh within a pound, two at most, from night to morning, especially when I don't eat a lot of carbs or processed foods and don't eat anything after dinner (except maybe tea).

Then, after I have my coffee and visit the bathroom, I usually weigh a half pound to a pound less than when I woke up! This is always my lowest weight, and the one I record.
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote