Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
OK, I'm ready to maintain on purpose for August

What I mean by "on purpose" is that I have been maintaining perfectly for several weeks now. I think my last significant drop was in early July. Now the scale just goes up point something after an UD and down point something after a DD. But, I have been trying to LOSE.

My body obviously is not ready to give up the goods any more right now. Some days I feel like I'm fighting the Weight Rebound Reaction. BTW: In Richard's book, "The Leptin Diet" he goes into a lot of detail about what happens after we lose a chunk of fat. The hormone Leptin is always produced in fat cells and released from fat cells to send signals to the brain basically about whether we need to store more fat or release stored fat.

When our fat cells shrink to a certain point, we have less leptin being produced and a signal is sent indicating stores are being depleted. So, Grehlin and Cortisol are released to increase hunger signals and cravings, conserve energy and squeeze every possible calorie out of the food we eat in an effort to re-gain the lost weight (and a bit more as a cushion).

Sorry, got off track!!!

I'm all packed to leave tomorrow for my week long vacation with two of my sisters!! I'm soooooo excited!!!

I thought this will be a perfect time to slip into JUDD maintenance for the month of August. It will give me a mental break and give my body a chance to get used to the 42 pound loss and just hang with it.

WISH ME LUCK, PLEASE!!! If I tart gaining and the scale trend starts rising, I'm going right back in to WL calories. No doubt about it. I'm taking my travel body weight scale with me and my kitchen digital food scale because I'm going to be cooking in our villa which has a full sized kitchen.

Again, wish me luck, pray for me, keep your fingers crossed, eyes, legs, whatever, give me advice, encouragement...I don't want to gain anything that I have lost back and I'm a little bit scared about it!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.6/149 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Praying for you and congratulating you on this leap of faith. All will be well....
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Hi Dawn!

I think, after a maintenance break, your body is going to be ready for some lovely losses in September! I look forward to seeing it

~~~~~~
Christina
calichris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
YamYam, singing softly and tenderly for you: peace, fun, easy maintenance.
Enjoy.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
HAve faith grasshopper....JUDDD will protect you.. Enjoy your time.. and just do it with no stress.. I think you will be surprized what your body and JUDDD does once you just let go and stop obsessing.. But PRayers for you as well in case you need it,, i doubt you will but, never hurts to pray for ya,, LOVE YA YAM YAM~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
And even if a couple vacay pounds appear, it always seems to work with me that it hits a kind of "ok, safe to release fat again" reset button and they come right off again, plus a few more, once I'm back in diet mode! So please don't make yourself too crazy over a ***temporary*** regain...to paraphrase a favorite Pascal quote of mine, "The body has its reasons, which reason knows not of"...
--Patty
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
Just curious, do you have a plan? DD Calories? UD ones?

I think it is a great plan! So where are you going with your sisters???
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I love this plan! Agree that it is time and I did the same, pretty much all of May and part of June. It is freeing and fun!

Best wishes for your time with sisters!
Please update when you can! Can't wait to hear about your fun.
xoxo,
Sunday
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Just curious, do you have a plan? DD Calories? UD ones?

I think it is a great plan! So where are you going with your sisters???
800/1800 which is 45%, or, on some days I may go up to 50% or even 60% which is 1000 on the calculator (all numbers are rounded down to make it easy to remember).

We are going to southern California. My sisters live in Pennsylvania. I live in northern California. DH and I own a 2 bedroom time share (sleeps 8) at the Welk Resorts, Escondido. It's very close to Oceanside and we will be hanging out at the beach, going to the harbor shops, taking boat rides and eating at the marina restaurant. I also want to drive them to Coronado so I can show them the Hotel Del and take advantage of that beautiful beach as well.

Mostly we will be lazy. We want to lay around at the adult pool or hang out on the balcony at our villa. They are not golfers so I'm not going to bring my clubs though the course there is so darn beautiful it might be hard to resist getting out there.

I'm so excited! I can't wait!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
And even if a couple vacay pounds appear, it always seems to work with me that it hits a kind of "ok, safe to release fat again" reset button and they come right off again, plus a few more, once I'm back in diet mode! So please don't make yourself too crazy over a ***temporary*** regain...to paraphrase a favorite Pascal quote of mine, "The body has its reasons, which reason knows not of"...
--Patty
Thank you, Patty! I love that quote! Also, I needed you to remind me not to panic if I gain. A couple of DD rotations usually wipes away all my "sins".
Old 08-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks my JUDD BUDDS!! You always come through for me! I'm definitely taking my laptop and Kindle Fire with me, so I'll be in touch. I won't be spending too much time on the Net, but I will pop in to tell you what a blast I'm having!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

JoyJoy: I can hear you singing. Love it. On the Tall JUDD thread P.J. and I were sharing hymns that make us cry...that's one of them...Love it, love it!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Sending skinny thoughts to you

Have Fun and think Skinnythoughts.

------------
Mere
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Good for you Yam-Yam. I hope when I've lost a bit more, and need it, that I can adopt a bit of your "Zen."

BTW, not sure if you've read Robin Woodall's book, but she believes that HCG diets work because of what they do to Leptin, not the actual HCG as Dr. Simeon believed.

Anyway, good for you! Your attitude and patience are so impressive, as is your loss.
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #15

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Yam-Yam, you will do beautifully. You have such determination and confidence in you WOE that I know that you will do well and will come back happy both with your vacation with your sisters and also with your weight.

You have learned how to manage your weight, you know what to do. You have the tools! You can definitely do this!

Have fun!!!!!!!
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I hope you have a completely wonderful 'Sisters' vacation!!

And I firmly believe you are making all the right decisions.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Peace to you as you relax into maintaining and enjoying the time with your sisters.

Looking forward to hearing of your adventures.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Well, I'm NOT going to sing to you because you're my friend and I'd sure like to keep it that way.

But I will send you off with this...

Go and have a great time with your sisters. Go make some wonderful memories. Enjoy being with them and enjoy yourself, truly enjoy yourself.

Do you enjoy yourself when you let a bag of chips seduce you? I know from your own words that you DO NOT. So, don't do that kind of thing. It'll mar the wonderful memories you're going to make. Enjoy yourself, YES!!! Set yourself up for remorse in any way, NO!

You're a very smart cookie (yes, I said cookie LOL). Be mindful of the calorie numbers you're allowing yourself and you'll do just fine.

One of the things most of us so desperately missed while being on other diets was the freedom to "be normal" and partake of celebrations, holidays and vacations. We have flexibility now. But enjoying these great events doesn't necessarily have to mean an all day, every day food fest. The people involved in our special times are more important, yes? Of course yes. The beauty we see while on vacation is more important, we'll remember those views more acutely than any fabulous gourmet meal we might eat, right? Right.

Go have a BLAST with your sisters. Enjoy yourself! And keep in the back of your mind that your memories of this very special trip will always be happier if you don't have a shred of 'food remorse' attached to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics when you get back!!

Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Sheridan: Thanks for the smack down!! I already made a grocery list so I can shop in the afternoon before my sisters arrive. I deliberately did NOT put potato chips on the list! The older sister and I are "potato chip enablers". We have been known to buy a big bag of chips, some wine coolers and sit outside in the dark chattering away and finishing every crumb! I'm going to try and talk her out of it this time. Definitely going to have wine, though.

I hope this will be one of my rare vacations where I go overboard in the right direction. Meaning, there have been times when I've been overly cautious on a vacation and just refused to over-indulge. Always felt pretty happy with myself afterwards. I never looked back and said, "Oh, man. I wish I would have gobbled up a dozen doughnuts while I was there."

I'm being pretty smart with the packing. I'm bringing a small, soft-sided cooler filled with frozen salmon and tilapia filets, Lean Jenny-O turkey burgers and 1 pound of lean gr. beef. That puts me in control for the dinners that we eat in. I already know our first dinner will be a healthy spaghetti with whole grain, high fiber noodles. They will love it and my scale will love it!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Sheridan: Thanks for the smack down!! I already made a grocery list so I can shop in the afternoon before my sisters arrive. I deliberately did NOT put potato chips on the list! The older sister and I are "potato chip enablers". We have been known to buy a big bag of chips, some wine coolers and sit outside in the dark chattering away and finishing every crumb! I'm going to try and talk her out of it this time. Definitely going to have wine, though.

I hope this will be one of my rare vacations where I go overboard in the right direction. Meaning, there have been times when I've been overly cautious on a vacation and just refused to over-indulge. Always felt pretty happy with myself afterwards. I never looked back and said, "Oh, man. I wish I would have gobbled up a dozen doughnuts while I was there."

I'm being pretty smart with the packing. I'm bringing a small, soft-sided cooler filled with frozen salmon and tilapia filets, Lean Jenny-O turkey burgers and 1 pound of lean gr. beef. That puts me in control for the dinners that we eat in. I already know our first dinner will be a healthy spaghetti with whole grain, high fiber noodles. They will love it and my scale will love it!
Dang, I sure didn't intend it to sound like a smack down. I'm sorry I came across to you that way.

Was going on my own experience of looking back on important times and stuff.

Hope all you gals have the best time, ever.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Dang, I sure didn't intend it to sound like a smack down. I'm sorry I came across to you that way.

Was going on my own experience of looking back on important times and stuff.

Hope all you gals have the best time, ever.
Sheridan: I know you love me. The love came through. Awwww..go ahead....sing to me.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for more affirmation all you BUDDS!! You are all the BEST and are helping me know I'm making a good decision. Secretly I'm hoping/wishing that as my body relaxes into maintenance during August and gets some extra calories, it will give up a few more pounds. Oh, not a secret now, huh?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #23

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
We'll miss you, but will definitely look forward to your stories when you return! Have fun, enjoy yourself, relax, drink some wine, and come back spiritually refueled.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
Yam-Yam, you will be just fine! Enjoy your break and the time with your sisters!
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #25

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Have a wonderful month! Have fun with your sisters and don't worry about anything. You'll do just fine. I took breaks from trying to lose weight off and on too, and I think they are beneficial. Have fun on your vacation!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
We'll miss you, but will definitely look forward to your stories when you return! Have fun, enjoy yourself, relax, drink some wine, and come back spiritually refueled.
Dawn: THIS I can do!! And I WILL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Peace to you as you relax into maintaining and enjoying the time with your sisters.

Looking forward to hearing of your adventures.
Thanks, Tina! I'm feelin' the peace already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I hope you have a completely wonderful 'Sisters' vacation!!

And I firmly believe you are making all the right decisions.
Nancy: This is the very first time I've gone away with just my sisters. I can hardly believe it's really gonna happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Yam-Yam, you will do beautifully. You have such determination and confidence in you WOE that I know that you will do well and will come back happy both with your vacation with your sisters and also with your weight.

You have learned how to manage your weight, you know what to do. You have the tools! You can definitely do this!

Have fun!!!!!!!
Luna: Thank you!!! Knowing you have faith in me is motivating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Good for you Yam-Yam. I hope when I've lost a bit more, and need it, that I can adopt a bit of your "Zen."

BTW, not sure if you've read Robin Woodall's book, but she believes that HCG diets work because of what they do to Leptin, not the actual HCG as Dr. Simeon believed.

Anyway, good for you! Your attitude and patience are so impressive, as is your loss.
I have not heard of that book. I just got my copy of "Mastering Leptin" this week in the mail and look forward to reading more about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyPants View Post

Have Fun and think Skinnythoughts.

------------
Mere
I think I'm feeling them! Yes! I am! Seriously, this morning in bed DH was rubbing my tummy. (He enjoys doing that for some reason. ) And he mentioned how very flat it is. I felt it and darn I DO have a flat belly! That must be the skinny vibes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I love this plan! Agree that it is time and I did the same, pretty much all of May and part of June. It is freeing and fun!

Best wishes for your time with sisters!
Please update when you can! Can't wait to hear about your fun.
xoxo,
Sunday
Sunday: The voice of experience. I will follow your lead and enjoy the freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
HAve faith grasshopper....JUDDD will protect you.. Enjoy your time.. and just do it with no stress.. I think you will be surprized what your body and JUDDD does once you just let go and stop obsessing.. But PRayers for you as well in case you need it,, i doubt you will but, never hurts to pray for ya,, LOVE YA YAM YAM~
Love you, too, Kims! Hey, you should be calling goal soon, right? We are ready to celebrate with you, you tall, skinny Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbchris View Post

I think, after a maintenance break, your body is going to be ready for some lovely losses in September! I look forward to seeing it

~~~~~~
Christina
Christina: Wow, I had not thought that far ahead. I sure hope and pray you are right. That would be wonderful! I'm definitely going back to WLM big time in September. I know that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
Praying for you and congratulating you on this leap of faith. All will be well....
Thank you so much for the prayers. I know they will carry me through and help me be good and not go totally off the rails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika1962 View Post
Yam-Yam, you will be just fine! Enjoy your break and the time with your sisters!
back at you and thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Have a wonderful month! Have fun with your sisters and don't worry about anything. You'll do just fine. I took breaks from trying to lose weight off and on too, and I think they are beneficial. Have fun on your vacation!
Pat: Good to hear you took breaks from the WL journey along the way. Any that I have taken were not really planned, they just happened without me really wanting them to.

This will be the first time since last August that I am deliberately planning maintenance and not trying hard to lose.

I'm counting on the JUDD is forgiving mantra. At least I know from experience that JUDD is not a WOE that I dread getting back to. After previous vacations and extended family commitments, I have really looked forward to my first DD and getting back to serious rotations. Amazing how JUDD welcomes me back every time and makes it easy to get right back into it with no suffering.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I have not heard of that book. I just got my copy of "Mastering Leptin" this week in the mail and look forward to reading more about it.
It's called "Weight Loss Apocalypse."
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #28

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Have a wonderful, wonderful time with your sisters and enjoy your Maintenance Month Yam-Yam.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #29

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
Sounds like you have a great plan! ENJOY! Jealous is what I am. Living in KS there is nothing to do / see / or such!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
Will miss your words of wisdom around here, but glad to know you'll be in touch.

HAVE FUN!!!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote