Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Sounds like you have a great plan! ENJOY! Jealous is what I am. Living in KS there is nothing to do / see / or such!
I do love living in California. I know our economy is a mess. DH and I moved here 3 months after we got married so we've been here close to 40 years. We have always lived close to South Lake Tahoe. It's more beautiful than anything I ever saw growing up in PA. One thing that amazes me is we have so many wonderful places we can drive to.

Monterey Bay is a favorite and we go there frequently. San Francisco is close. Santa Cruz, Pismo Beach (Our son went to Cal Poly for 4 years so we got to hang out there lots). It rarely snows where we live, but in the winter if we want snow, it's a very short drive up the hill to play in it or ski at Heavenly Valley.

Now DS and his cute little family live in Pasadena and it's only a 55 minute flight to Burbank and then a 10 minute drive to his house.

I will be flying in to San Diego airport this afternoon.

Honestly, I'm so fidgety and excited right now! I don't leave until 2 p.m. and it's only 8:40 a.m. I'm all packed. Over-packed. I gotta stop because I keep thinking, gee, I'll toss this in. I'll take that. I have way more than I need.

I packed 3 swim suits!

I think I need to take a jacuzzi bath to calm myself down. Can't believe how excited I am. I probably should go to the gym for an hour, but, well, I just don't want to!!! Bad me.

I'd rather stay here on the JUDD forum and just hang out. Love my JUDD BUDDs!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 08-02-2012 at 08:44 AM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Yam-Yam, I'm in SoCal, but lived for a long time in the Bay Area (also went to Berkeley), and it is my favorite place on earth. When I migrated south many years ago due to work, I was always looking back longingly. Still am. Have to remind myself I never would've met DH or had S1 and S2 had I not come here.

Have a great trip!
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Yam-Yam, I'm in SoCal, but lived for a long time in the Bay Area (also went to Berkeley), and it is my favorite place on earth. When I migrated south many years ago due to work, I was always looking back longingly. Still am. Have to remind myself I never would've met DH or had S1 and S2 had I not come here.

Have a great trip!
Buttah: Awesome! I love the Bay Area. I don't think people realize how different northern and southern CA are. They are both beautiful, but I love so many things about northern CA. I think if I had my choice of anywhere to live on earth, I would pick here.

I met my DH in Washington, D.C. We knew we would not want to raise kids there. We came to CA, had two beautiful children, DD and DS and now they are grown and we have wonderful DDIL and DSIL and FIVE grand children! Life is good!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
What I mean by "on purpose" is that I have been maintaining perfectly for several weeks now. I think my last significant drop was in early July. Now the scale just goes up point something after an UD and down point something after a DD. But, I have been trying to LOSE.

My body obviously is not ready to give up the goods any more right now. Some days I feel like I'm fighting the Weight Rebound Reaction. BTW: In Richard's book, "The Leptin Diet" he goes into a lot of detail about what happens after we lose a chunk of fat. The hormone Leptin is always produced in fat cells and released from fat cells to send signals to the brain basically about whether we need to store more fat or release stored fat.

When our fat cells shrink to a certain point, we have less leptin being produced and a signal is sent indicating stores are being depleted. So, Grehlin and Cortisol are released to increase hunger signals and cravings, conserve energy and squeeze every possible calorie out of the food we eat in an effort to re-gain the lost weight (and a bit more as a cushion).

Sorry, got off track!!!

I'm all packed to leave tomorrow for my week long vacation with two of my sisters!! I'm soooooo excited!!!

I thought this will be a perfect time to slip into JUDD maintenance for the month of August. It will give me a mental break and give my body a chance to get used to the 42 pound loss and just hang with it.

WISH ME LUCK, PLEASE!!! If I tart gaining and the scale trend starts rising, I'm going right back in to WL calories. No doubt about it. I'm taking my travel body weight scale with me and my kitchen digital food scale because I'm going to be cooking in our villa which has a full sized kitchen.

Again, wish me luck, pray for me, keep your fingers crossed, eyes, legs, whatever, give me advice, encouragement...I don't want to gain anything that I have lost back and I'm a little bit scared about it!!!
Your post made me laugh! Good for you! I went through this for the past few months and I think my body is finally ready to start losing again. It took a good 4 months. Good luck!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I do love living in California. I know our economy is a mess. DH and I moved here 3 months after we got married so we've been here close to 40 years. We have always lived close to South Lake Tahoe. It's more beautiful than anything I ever saw growing up in PA. One thing that amazes me is we have so many wonderful places we can drive to.
I so agree, Yam-Yam! Born & raised & live in CA and I've been to so many gorgeous places without leaving the state this summer. Yes, our economy is a mess, but I do love it here.

Last edited by calichris; 08-02-2012 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: mistake
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Yam, hope you are having a great time on vacation. I have decided also to maintain for August, off of work for 2 weeks, away on vaca for one. I feel so good right now, it would be amazing to feel this good during vacation. I am going to see how long I can follow my own advice from the Maintaining While on Vacation thread. I know you may not see this for a while, but what are you doing for maintenance, did you up your DD or UD cals?? Thanks.
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbchris View Post
I so agree, Yam-Yam! Born & raised & live in CA and I've been to so many gorgeous places without leaving the state this summer. Yes, our economy is a mess, but I do love it here.
And I'll be visiting Sacramento for Gold Rush Days in a few weeks. California really does have it all!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote