Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/199/180
Checking in! Getting close to a week now on JUDDD and I'm down 6 pounds--although, I weighed this morning before eating on my Up Day, so we'll see how many I pack on between now and tomorrow morning.

I must say, I'm loving this plan. I no longer restrict myself from things that I used to love, and am learning to eat in moderation...might take a few more up days to master that though.
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Hi Saxy!

I am one of those that can only weigh once a month or I get crazy. I have been doing it for real (putzed around for several weeks before getting serious) since Aug. 3 rd and will be weighing again AFTER the first DD after Sept. 3 rd. Soc. Sec. deposit is the 3rd of each month so I shop and plan around that date.
I am loving JUDDD and find that the UDs seem to automatically eat normal portions which was my biggest sins. It was nothing for me to eat 2 or even 3 PB & Js at a sitting- did not ever plan to but would want another and then another. That just simply isn't the case with JUDDD and on DDs I can even eat 1/2 PB & J and be perfectly happy. IT IS A MIRACLE! OH yes, for me that is a miracle. Of course the weigh in for Sept. will tell the tale (or tail, hee, hee). Best advice I got was to egg whites the DDs and eat the yokes for UDs. One whole egg and 3 whites on DDs and 3 yokes and 1 whole egg with exshrp chedd. on UDs. My labs are great so I do not worry about that. This winter I plan some low sodium (blood pressure is low but I want to keep it that way) chic. stock and egg yoke drop soup as a staple.
back to gardening but boy is it ever humid/sticky out there but it has to be weeded.
Have a great UD or DD whichever is your day today.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk Mermaid View Post
I am one of those that can only weigh once a month or I get crazy. I have been doing it for real (putzed around for several weeks before getting serious) since Aug. 3 rd and will be weighing again AFTER the first DD after Sept. 3 rd. Soc. Sec. deposit is the 3rd of each month so I shop and plan around that date.
I am loving JUDDD and find that the UDs seem to automatically eat normal portions which was my biggest sins. It was nothing for me to eat 2 or even 3 PB & Js at a sitting- did not ever plan to but would want another and then another. That just simply isn't the case with JUDDD and on DDs I can even eat 1/2 PB & J and be perfectly happy. IT IS A MIRACLE! OH yes, for me that is a miracle. Of course the weigh in for Sept. will tell the tale (or tail, hee, hee). Best advice I got was to egg whites the DDs and eat the yokes for UDs. One whole egg and 3 whites on DDs and 3 yokes and 1 whole egg with exshrp chedd. on UDs. My labs are great so I do not worry about that. This winter I plan some low sodium (blood pressure is low but I want to keep it that way) chic. stock and egg yoke drop soup as a staple.
back to gardening but boy is it ever humid/sticky out there but it has to be weeded.
Have a great UD or DD whichever is your day today.
Hi Lainey!

I love eggs(it was a huge staple for me on Atkins!) My lab tests that were done a couple weeks ago were as close to perfect as they've ever been (even my blood pressure --I have Hypertension).

I'm finding the down days are easier for me to control than the up days--today is an up day, and all I can think about is having something meaty and greasy for dinner. I suspect that as I go on this plan, my cravings for this stuff will decrease, as will my calories. Enjoy the gardening!!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Checking in! Getting close to a week now on JUDDD and I'm down 6 pounds--
You're off to a terrific start!
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #185
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Woot woot!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: claireann
Stats: 190/183.8/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
Wow, that's great! Congratulations.

Can I join this August newbie thread too? I just started on Monday so I'm only at the end of my second UD. Already I'm noticing changes though, I had a great DD yesterday, no headaches like the first one, and this morning I felt lighter. Maybe it's all in my head but my stomach seemed ever so slightly smaller and I just felt good. I wasn't all that hungry today so I kept having to remind myself to eat my calories and even after a lovely breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert I still have 500 calories left! Even though I had the desserts today I don't think I'll be splurging on the bad stuff too much in future, I almost felt obliged to do it which makes no sense, just because I always do and on this diet I'm "allowed" so I feel like I have to. I didn't want them though and already the novelty of eating the bad stuff is wearing off!

I'm a bit jaded about me and diets and I'm waiting for the honeymoon to wear off but I'm enjoying it for now!
claireann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claireann View Post
Wow, that's great! Congratulations.

Can I join this August newbie thread too? I just started on Monday so I'm only at the end of my second UD. Already I'm noticing changes though, I had a great DD yesterday, no headaches like the first one, and this morning I felt lighter. Maybe it's all in my head but my stomach seemed ever so slightly smaller and I just felt good. I wasn't all that hungry today so I kept having to remind myself to eat my calories and even after a lovely breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert I still have 500 calories left! Even though I had the desserts today I don't think I'll be splurging on the bad stuff too much in future, I almost felt obliged to do it which makes no sense, just because I always do and on this diet I'm "allowed" so I feel like I have to. I didn't want them though and already the novelty of eating the bad stuff is wearing off!

I'm a bit jaded about me and diets and I'm waiting for the honeymoon to wear off but I'm enjoying it for now!
Hi Claireann! I started on Monday too--join in! I'm already in love with this place....such wonderful, welcoming people with all the support you could ever ask for.

If this is the "honeymoon" stage, I'm going to have to get married again...and again...
Old 08-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #188

I am still in the Honeymoon stage and I started last October!

Everyone is welcome in the monthly Newbie threads and we expect so cross over from those who are only a week or so into JUDDDin when we start the new thread.

It is a way for Newbies to share their experiences, good and bad and to get input from the old timers too.

This thread is used primarily as a place to say "Hi and I am committing to JUDDD".

Saxy I am delighted that you are enjoying the special JUDDD BUDD love.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:58 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
DD#3 Shakes or No Shakes?

Would it be easier to skip the shakes today or not. Six out of town house guests arrived yesterday to spend the weekend!
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #190

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
It's entirely up to you. That's the beauty of JUDDD. Many of us never used the shakes and only used whole, good, chewable foods.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Augusters!

DD but I felt like a chedder/onion/mayo on white bread for breaky so that is what I had. Groceries are at a critical low and will have to at least get some skim milk and eggs to last till the 3rd of Sept.s big shop day. I am getting better and better at lasting till the shopping day each month. I used to run out at 2 weeks and now I almost make it through the month. Coffee lightner is a must have but I may just make it with what I have. Peanut Butter is a biggie as well but again I think I have enough. A neighbor gave me some green peppers from his garden and I sure enjoyed a huge plate of peppers and 3 eggs in butter and evoo for my supper last night.
Off to the market I go and then back to the gardening (weeding actually).
Old 08-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #192
Junior LCF Member

I'm so annoyed, I had checked the calorie count of a snack on my calorie app and it said 50cals. After allowing for and eating 3 of them I double checked online and they're really 100cals So instead of being within my calories for my DD today I'm 150 over. Annoying! I've been so good. Would you guys factor that in to the next day's UD and subtract it or just carry on as normal?

Also, another questions I've been wondering about is how do you figure out how many calories to do if you're going to do an inbetween day? I'm a wedding photographer and I'm often off on a job all day Saturday for 10-12 hours. I don't have a whole lot of say over what I eat during that time and I'm just trying to figure out how to do an UD or a DD when I'm doing my weddings.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by claireann View Post
I'm so annoyed, I had checked the calorie count of a snack on my calorie app and it said 50cals. After allowing for and eating 3 of them I double checked online and they're really 100cals So instead of being within my calories for my DD today I'm 150 over. Annoying! I've been so good. Would you guys factor that in to the next day's UD and subtract it or just carry on as normal?

Also, another questions I've been wondering about is how do you figure out how many calories to do if you're going to do an inbetween day? I'm a wedding photographer and I'm often off on a job all day Saturday for 10-12 hours. I don't have a whole lot of say over what I eat during that time and I'm just trying to figure out how to do an UD or a DD when I'm doing my weddings.
Just go on as normal. With JUDDD, it's more about the rotations, and there's no reason to punish yourself if you go over a little bit. In the grand scheme of things 150 calories on one day is nothing!

A MD is the average of your UD/DD numbers. UD+DD, then divide by 2 to get your MD allowance. Another thing to consider is to look at the variety of DD calories which are still technically WLM. Just go back to the calculator and figure out what your calorie allowance is at 35% or 40% or whatever; then you don't have to alter your rotations. No harm, no foul. JUDDD = !

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 08-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #194
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much Dawn, that really helps!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cahira
Stats: 292.0/285.4/167.0
Start Date: 9/17/12
Good Morning JUDDD Buddds! This morning I am singing the praises of JUDDD. First off, this group has been so very supportive and helpful. I've been dieting on the internet for a very long time and I've never met a nicer group of people. Thank you!

Second off, I love JUDDD!!! I don't want to jinx myself by saying this, but this is the easiest diet I've ever been on. On the DD's I just buckle down and do it. I've had some loud tummy moments, but nothing unmanageable. Me and my giant water cup spend lots of quality time together. The UD's I just keep reminding myself that there is no need to binge or gorge myself because there is another UD on down the road. I used to do horrible "last supper" type binges before I started a new diet, knowing it was the last time for awhile that I would get anything good. Not with JUDDD. It's like JUDDD was made for all my little dieting quirks!

I feel fabulous! On the DD's I do get chilly, and tend to want to go to bed earlier, but I needed more sleep anyway and the A/C bill will be a bit lower. On UD's I feel like I can conquer the world. Planning on adding back in a bit of running next week on my UD's now that I'm getting the hang of this.

Oh and I weigh 7.6 lbs less than I did last Saturday.
cahira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #196

Quote:
Shakes or No Shakes?
So how is it going?

Lainey you are an example to us all with you budgeting. You must have a huge garden, that weeding never ends. Glad the peepers were good.

Clairann Dawn has given you your answer. Spot on as always.

Quote:
What a wonderful result Cahira, I love that JUDDD suits you so well.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Hi everyone! I've been trucking along and today is day 25! Yay! I'm still having a really hard time eating all of calories on my UD. I struggle to get to 1800-1900 without feeling miserably stuffed. The calculator has my UD at 2148. Does anyone have any suggestions for that? Also, I've been doing 500 on my DD, even though the calculator has me at 430. Will dropping down to 430 speed things up? I feel like I've been successful at 500 (7 lb gone), but always have that "what if?" in the back of my head. I discussed it with DH and he said, "Go for it! It's only 70 lower!" Only?! He clearly does not pay attention to what I can get into those 70 little calories on a DD!! LOL! I appreciate any tips from my BUDDDs!!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #198
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Dr. J states in his book (I read that chapter again last night) that 100 calories either way on DD isn't going to make a difference. Try it and see. I think I have tried everything on DD's from zero calories to 500 calories and I have weight loss with all calorie levels on DD's.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #199

WTG Cahira! The way JUDDD helps us to normalize our relationship with food is so amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavLexiMom View Post
Hi everyone! I've been trucking along and today is day 25! Yay! I'm still having a really hard time eating all of calories on my UD. I struggle to get to 1800-1900 without feeling miserably stuffed. The calculator has my UD at 2148. Does anyone have any suggestions for that? Also, I've been doing 500 on my DD, even though the calculator has me at 430. Will dropping down to 430 speed things up? I feel like I've been successful at 500 (7 lb gone), but always have that "what if?" in the back of my head. I discussed it with DH and he said, "Go for it! It's only 70 lower!" Only?! He clearly does not pay attention to what I can get into those 70 little calories on a DD!! LOL! I appreciate any tips from my BUDDDs!!
I would recommend at least trying to get close to your UD numbers as often as possible. You don't HAVE to, but some have found it helps to heal the metabolism to get that great big swing between UDs and DDs. A few tricks: Add extra butter to your veggies. Avocado, nuts, nut butters, full fat cheese: These are all great, healthy, calorie packing, low-carb additions that don't add a lot of bulk, but do add a bunch of calories.

Or you could do what I do: Wine and chocolate to make up the difference!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:39 AM   #200
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cahira
Stats: 292.0/285.4/167.0
Start Date: 9/17/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Or you could do what I do: Wine and chocolate to make up the difference!
Gotta love a diet that includes wine and chocolate! Woo-hoo!
cahira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #201

Oh yes!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahira View Post
…this is the easiest diet I've ever been on. On the DD's I just buckle down and do it…The UD's I just keep reminding myself that there is no need to binge or gorge myself because there is another UD on down the road. I used to do horrible "last supper" type binges before I started a new diet, knowing it was the last time for awhile that I would get anything good…

I feel fabulous!…

Yeah! You are rocking all the best parts of JUDDD!
Way to go!!!

Last edited by piratejenny; 08-25-2012 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: fix quote
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Thanks so much, Adi and Dawn! I've admittedly not read the book yet. Somehow it has dropped to the bottom of my to do list with 4 kids ages 1-5 I'm going to aim for 430 and try some of Dawn's ideas to get as close to my UD goal as possible. What do I have to lose...besides weight?! Thanks again for your help! I love this place
SavLexiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #204

You are doing great Mandi. Busy life!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Kissa,

question? I just did a little yard work tugging and pulling pruned branches bringing them to a pile in the front yard to await cuttings to small cuttings to fit into clear leaf bags for pick up and I suddenly felt extremly tired and had to stop after just a little while. It is hot and very muggy and I am covered up against bugs and rashes but I did have a nice egg yokes/ 1 sl chedd. and pumpernicol bread for breaky (dropped half of it on the floor so it got tossed but was maybe too generious portions anyway) so while I did not feel weak exactly I just knew to stop and rest plus cool off a bit. Does that happen on Judding? I started Aug. 3 rd 2012 and yesterday was my DD. I will try again after a very tall iced tea/stevia. I can sit on a step stool and cut clippings for the leaf bags so I will do that for a while and then try pulling and piling branches again later.
Thanks Cindy and Dawn and all those that help so much with questions here.
Elaine
Old 08-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #206

Well, I did feel a bit 'dizzy' a couple days ago on a DD when I was rushing around in town, so I sat down and had a cup of tea and a scone. I am thinking we are of similar ages, I am 65.

I can't say it is caused by JUDDD exactly but certainly when we are taking in relatively few calories on a DD and are exerting ourselves it is no wonder that our bodies my tell us to slow down. But you are on an UD and had eaten a reasonable breakfast.

I really don't have an answer for you but I am sure you are doing the right thing by rehydrating and taking a break. You are amazingly active, respect!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
day one! a MD (as explained in another thread, I teach an intense exercise class on MWF at lunchtime, so I plan for UD fixed on those, and DD on T/Th/Sun, with MD on Sat... and I hope this will help with any socializing on Fri or Sat eves, or a glass of wine, tgif etc).

I did some HIIT today, did my weight and waist measure, and made a 28 day chart to tape inside a bathroom cupboard that BF can cheer me on about too, with columns for weight, cals, fitness. I have really erred in the past with way too infrequent weighings, so I am hoping to get over myself on this with weighing every day, making it a habit, and not becoming with bounces up.

Talked to BF who struggles to keep weight ON about how to have some carby sidedishes and supplements to the protein and veg I will make on DD suppers that do not tempt me (eg pasta, rice, most bready things other than garlic bread), and for me to have starches I do love (mostly spuds, good Irish (Canadian) girl that I am) on UD.

I am hopeful that the one day at a time element of this JUDDDing will be really doable.

Well off to run a few errands, pick up some fish etc. ttys!
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #208

Enjoy the journey!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey Lainey, when you were having the dizzy spells and weakening, were you also sweating, or had you stopped sweating? As it is so hot and muggy, you may be experiencing a reaction to the heat...drink lots of cool water and stay inside for a while. You've been working out in the heat for a long time. I know some folks have mentioned having some dizziness and feeling weak in the early stages of JUDDD, and intermittently thereafter, but you should be beyond that.

One of the big cautions of heat exhaustion is feeling weak and dizzy and the sweat stops rolling. Many people don't feel thirsty as their thirst response has quit working. The closest I ever came was on the hot, muggy day in Indiana and, fortunately, someone was watching out for me.

Take care of yourself, lady, the weeds have been building up for a long time as you said yesterday...they'll be there tomorrow and the day after....just like another UD and DD. Hugs

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #210
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: empy22
Stats: 229/222/133
WOE: JUDDDing all the way baby.....
Start Date: 18/08/2012
Hello, another newbie to add to the collection!

Hi fellow JUDDDer's

I've already written my autobiography in the introduction thread so if you want to know more about me you can find it there

So basically I'm now on my 7th JUDDD day and have 3 DD's under my belt. I'm doing the following pattern: M,W & F as DD and the rest as UD's including the important WE's

I've lost 7lbs so far and not found the journey too tricky, although it's a TOM week and my last DD yesterday I could have eaten a scabby dog but I worked it out.

I look forward to getting to know you all as we journey to our weight loss targets.

Emma x

P.s I really,really like smileys , sorry
empy22 is offline   Reply With Quote