Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CherylS
Stats: 240/190/130
WOE: Was HcG, now Atkins 72
Start Date: July, 2010/July 2012
Kristin, I love reading your posts. You are so centered and calm about this WOE/WOL. Thank you. When I grow up I want to be you. OK, I'm older than you by a few years, but you're taller. You really are helping me center and not freak out about that darn scale. It's like relaxing into a yoga pose. As I stretch and relax into eating normally, just lighter on one day and a bit heavier on the next, I feel it becoming just what I need at this place in time. Just to breathe.

~Cheryl
CherylS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Very good analogy, Cheryl, it is exactly like relaxing into the yoga pose...the more you relax into it, the better it feels and the more confidence you build in it...and the breathing really helps too...I find the more I center the better I feel about life, the woe and myself...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bailey-Lou-Who
Hello! Just introduced myself on the weigh in thread, but thought I would say hi over here since I'm a newbie I started dieting July 1 at 170 pounds and lost 15 pounds in a month but was not doing so in a healthy way. Calorie restriction was making me a not so pleasant person to be around! I ate whatever I wanted for a few days and gained 2 back, but after 2 UD/DD cycles I am back down to 155. I am thrilled with this because the down days haven't been too bad so far and I have been having carb feat up days. On my third up day (yesterday) I had an UD turn into an UUAD, which I am not thrilled with so I might try to turn today's DD into a fast instead of eating my 500 calories (I work the night shift so I am only a couple hours into my day!) I have been reading posts for awhile and have been trying to convince myself to post so that you all can help hold me accountable. From all of my reading, you all are a very sweet and supportive bunch of people. I hope that I can stick with this and become a part of your family! And not to mention see a weight starting with 14 instead of 15, 16, or 17...something that hasn't happened for me since early on on high school! I'm rambling.... Summary: Howdy all!
Bailey-Lou-Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Bailey! We are a very supportive bunch, so post often and we will definitely hold you accountable, while holding your hand if needed.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #95

Gallery: Purple Sage
Stats: LCHF no scale - goal size 8 & healthy 14/14/8
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 1, 2005 Atkins :'( restart April 2014
Okay, sort of blew my up day calories out of the water today. Have been craving these boneless wings from Wild Wings and things and went ahead and got them today. They were not nearly as good as I remember, and when I put them into my calorie count (they don't have nutritional info on their website) I looked for somewhere similar..I think I ate about 800 calories in my lunch.....*cry*

Oh well, live and learn
Purple Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Illinoisnanny
Stats: 211/196.4/165
WOE: Dana carpender
Start Date: July 23,2012
I am a newbie.Hi doing good.Have lost 9 lbs so far,,,,,
Illinoisnanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CherylS
Stats: 240/190/130
WOE: Was HcG, now Atkins 72
Start Date: July, 2010/July 2012
I don't understand my mind sometimes. I once watched a friend, who hadn't been allowed to eat any junk food her entire childhood, devour a cake. She hadn't learned moderation. And that's how I feel. DD's are easy. OK, maybe not really easy, but I don't feel like I'm suffering too much. UD's on the other hand.... frenetic. Gee, I haven't been able to eat this in a while, or that in a while, and I can eat anything.... Today I'm paying the price! My calories were fine. The scale is fine. The problem is the permission thing. I ate like a reasonably normal person, except for one problem. I am NOT able to eat those foods. And I'm paying the price. All of a sudden I stopped reading labels, and I completely ignored the list of allowable foods for PHN to keep me off drugs. So today I have joint pain from the dry roasted part, and PHN pain from the peanuts part, and the sugar and the corn.

Today I will hobble around and use 2 hands to hold my coffee mug and remind myself that I can eat anything I want and be in pain, or I can eat anything I want from my food list and not be in pain. And I will relax and forgive myself and love myself. When I have to speak with a student about an action, I make sure they realize it's the action and not the person. Today I will treat myself the same way.

Thank goodness it's a DD today.
CherylS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:33 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/51
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
To all the newbies! It is so nice to have you all here with us
Erika1962 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
UD, UD, UD whoo hooo!

I am amazed that on my UDs I do not go crazy and hit the fast food places or worse bring the stuff home from the market. So far I have had one Veg lo main from the take a way and boy was it good. I did shop yesterday and and will be making my own "low" salt soups which I did for supper and it was winds and gales better than the tins of stuff plus there is plenty for more meals.
MARY, I found the rice cakes and hoo boy the kettle corn ones are to die for also the strawberry Laughing Cow- very fresh fruity tasting. Did you say there was a cinnimon Laughing Cow or Apple- I want that one but after 3 stores to finally find the strawberry one I gave up. I got the big plain rice cakes for peanut butter but I got all of the mini cakes in Ranch/chedder/cinnimon? and kettle corn. The Kettle Corn called me but not screaching like I am used to food doing so I will manage with just a 2-4 pieces servings. Got my low salt beef & chicken stocks.
Hot and so muggy with over cast today and maybe storms again today so will weed what I can.
Good to see all the new people with us.

bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
It's great to hear from everybody.
I'll just throw in one perspective.
Every day we do this, we're meeting our own resistance one way or another, whatever lovely but mucked up parts of our personalities that led to us being overweight in the first place. Some days that's easy, some days it's a bit more challenging. Cheryl, I laughed about your food choices (not your ensuing discomfort). I have spent SO many UDs meeting the part of me that thinks there will never be enough for me and I'd better stuff every damned thing that floats by into my gob, particularly when I'm going to starve myself tomorrow.
At first, those days, which ended up as massive UUADs, felt like failures. Now I see them as personal development days. I just didn't trust myself or my body at the beginning. I'm four months in at this point, and it's all getting easier and easier. And more fun.
Anyway, if it helps to see things this way, yay! If not, ignore this completely.
I hope you all have a fantastic day.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #101

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I need to post more than just a Hi. But first I MUST do my Callanetics.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Super quick newbie question...what does UUAD mean? I've seen it in several of the weigh-in threads, so just curious

Hope everyone is having a great day! It's my 5th DD today and it's smooth sailing. My weight stayed the same two days in a row, even after an UD! Hopefully that means it will keep going down!!
SavLexiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #103

Mandi, UUAD refers to an Up, Up, and Away Day. I'm pretty sure it's a term we made up here. Not recommended, but of course they happen sometimes.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi to all,

My 4th DD and a little sloppy- I had a breaky banana/skim/stevia/vanilla/lots of ice shake and then later a 1/2 xshrp ched/10 gr 1sl brd/mayo/luttuce sandy and then much later another bigger banana,etc. shake then some rice kettle corn minis and after a while some hot beef jerky. I am not going to eat anymore and take my bed time pills and go to bed and read a new novel I started. The weeding in the drive way has made me sore and there are supposed to be storms coming so I'll just call it a day.
Looking forward to tomorrows UD.
Nighty night!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: threenails12663
Stats: 273/257/199.9
WOE: JUDDD newbie
Start Date: July 24 2012
Good evening all.

Haven't posted in a while; very busy work schedule. I have been JUDDDing for just over two weeks, and was hesitant to weigh in. Today was DDay, and after 17 days, I am down 10 lbs.

Reading all your posts has given me the strength to fight through these tough first 2 weeks. The many suggestions everyone offers to each other has made this transition from generic LCing much easier than I thought it would be.

Thanks to everyone, and God Bless.
threenails12663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #106

WTG Steve! That's great loss in such a short time!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #107

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am delighted for you Steve.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Thanks, Dawn! I'm sure they happen occasionally

That's awesome, Steve!! Way to go!
SavLexiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
to all.
You have found the best WOE as far as I concerned!
There was some talk about crackers earlier in the thread. I really like Kavli crisp bread crackers 3= 50 calories. They go great with a wedge of laughing cow cheese!

Again, !
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Louloo
Stats: 181/167.1/130
OK, tommorrow is a DD, and I have to go to a BBQ with wine!! Can any one tell me what I should do? Make it into a another UD and the next day a DD. HELP!!
Louloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:05 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning and the rest of the day as well.

YEAAAA, it is a UD so I am happy about that.
I have been dying for some canteloupe and watermellon or really just fruit in general so I may visit the farm stand today and get me some hunking tomatoes as well for my sandys of luttuce and xshrp ched/10 grain brd.
Back to the weeding today.

bbl
Old 08-11-2012, 06:15 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louloo View Post
OK, tommorrow is a DD, and I have to go to a BBQ with wine!! Can any one tell me what I should do? Make it into a another UD and the next day a DD. HELP!!
You could do that if you want.
When I go to a party or bbq, I usually don't eat anything else the rest of the day
(or only drink coffee, snack on veggies),
and eat within a window...usually 5 hours (Fast 5).
If it's a rare event with amazing food, I'll eat freely.
If the food is "normal" stuff I could make myself or buy anywhere, I might stick to small portions, or low cal/low carb...chicken & green salad, a little fruit & wine.
Have fun!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: redminniemouse
Hello everyone

I've only just discovered the JUDDD diet yesterday and I am astonished! I have hit a very big wall, and ended up gaining the weight I lost. I've used the calculator so I am rather excited, will start tomorrow so I can buy lots of vegetables and good stuff for my DD. I really hope it works for me, and by reading other member's posts, it seems possible! Sounds too good to be true doesn't it? Really nice to meet you all and I hope to lose some weight by the end of this month.

PS. is it advisable to work out moderately/hard on a DD? I really don't want to have to go over my 465 cal

xx
redminniemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Loved your post PJenny.

Welcome Minnie Mouse. I am kinda new but here to tell you that tomorrow will be my 5th Down Day and I am loving it so far. I admit the DDs at first are not a lot of fun but very, very doable. Yesterday's DD was a bit sloppy for me but I am re-thinking my attitude on that very seriously and reining in my ways from now on. I guess I love sandwiches as I seemed to have missed that the most on LC. I had my fun 1 sl xshrpched/lots of luttuce/mayo/lots of pepper and 2- yes! "two" sl. 10 grain bread. I will make my vegs soup come much later meal and maybe some shrimp/pasta (left over pasta) sal. for supper. I LOVE eating like this.
Dragging my butt which does seem to follow a DD but not a lot of dragging though and I am hoping that will go away as I get more time in this WOE/L.
A frozen banana/vanilla/stevia/a lot of ice shake 2 times a day really help my DDs and slices of english cukes and bite size chunks of celery do also- I will try the celery/onions cooked with a tiny amount of coconut oil for a DD snack as well on a plain rice cake.
I need to look over the reciepes site to get more ideas.
Good luck.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #115

Hi Minnie. I am a gym rat and love to exercise. The first down day for me was miserable! I was so weak and light headed. I think part of it was trying to use just 5 100 calorie shakes for the day...it didn't work. My 2nd down day was better because I focused on using lean deli turkey and got LOTS more protein for my DD. That day was pretty good. I am on my 5th down day now and on the 4th I ran 5 miles without any problem. I didn't need to up my calories. I just split it into 2 100 calorie meals, with the first being about 10 am, then right before my workout I had 150 calories of egg beaters and turkey and a bran crisp. Then a couple hours after the workout, right before bed I had another 150 calorie meal. I have used up to the 500 most DD because that is what it recommends in induction. I am doing well though and able to exercise.

On a different note...have any of you noticed that as time goes on your appetite on UDs decreases? The first up day I was just above my recommended UD calories, then I chart my calories on the sparkle site and my chart is level on the bottom for DD but if you took a straight edge and made a line across the top of my UD it goes down each one. I guess I need to add some peanut butter or something higher in fat to raise my calories.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

YES Christa, UD are way less hungry...

I do not even recognize myself. Is this what normal looks like? I go to bed thinking that I will eat everthing in sight the minute I wake up and I am not hungry the live long day or night except for a little nudge at meal times which is easily satisfied with human portions of food and good, healthy food at that.
I LUV JUDDD!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Louloo
Stats: 181/167.1/130
Thanks piratejenny.

Not sure which I will follow, but now I have some info on what I can do.
Louloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: redminniemouse
Hi Norfolk Mermaid & Purple Sage

Turkey is going to be stocked in my fridge at all times, and lots of veggies. I wish I had access to the low cal/fat free stuff you guys have over there, in the UK, not so much. 100 cal shakes I would love to have but I'm gonna use the idea of using a frozen banana and loads of ice, so I can work my way around it, hopefully! Egg whites for before workout too, is that a good idea? Thank you for being so lovely, I can't wait to start this, and if my appetite somehow decreases, my ass will thank me for it!
redminniemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/224.2/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD REstart 05/09/14 at 232.5
Hi all -- somehow I missed this thread yesterday. I need a Newbie Home.

I'm on my second DD today, and I have to admit, I was a little terrified of it last night. My UD went okay, except that I took my son out to his favorite restaurant for his birthday (mexican, of course), and ended up diving into the chips too many times. Not that it mattered calorie-wise, but I was really going to try to keep the carbs down, because I was figuring that's the best way to reduce hunger on my DDs.

And then I was reading all sorts of of thread posts yesterday about how much difficulty people were having with the DDs, and I started feeling TRAPPED before I even got here today, lol...

But so far the second day is not as scary as I expected. Drinking coffee with almond milk for breakfast, and getting ready to cook up chicken breast and cabbage for lunch.

It's weird, because years ago I did a VLC LC diet where I only at 600 calories or so a day, period. And I fought through the first few days, then hunger just went away and I was fine for months, with an occasional bump where I might eat 1000 cals instead. I guess I don't trust eating carbs on UDs to help me do that yet. Time will tell.

Does anybody exercise on their DDs? I've been away from the gym for six weeks, but for some reason I have a mild urge to get on a treadmill today. And I don't get those urges often!

Marla
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #120

Minnie, egg whites are okay...I like the eggbeaters because they are lower calorie. However, if you cannot get them that complicates things. I was able to find a deli turkey that for 2 ounces it is only 50 calories. Lean white meat chicken is a good thing. Cabbage and chicken cooked together fill you up and keep you from craving.
Purple Sage is offline   Reply With Quote