Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 04:19 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CherylS
Stats: 240/190/130
WOE: Was HcG, now Atkins 72
Start Date: July, 2010/July 2012
Yesterday's DD was not too bad. Today I will be mindful, centered, aware of what I'm eating and why. I don't feel frantic like a school of hungry piranha, waiting to eat everything in site. I even walked a mile and a half yesterday and today at 10 weeks out from foot surgery. The scale is not my friend yet, but my brain is almost feeling like a normal person around food.

Cheryl
CherylS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:23 AM   #63

Great! Well done on the walking, glad you are healing well.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Morning Augusters!

Enjoyed my UD yesterday and am glad that I do not have to do a DD for the first time ever again because I am never going to skip a DD just to be sure I do not have to.
My second DD today I will do a banana/skim/stevia/vanilla/ice small shake maybe 2 times and then only have to have my last Healthy Choice 280 Chicken Margarita for supper. My focus is turning out to be the clock watching to make sure I eat a 4-5 hour intervals instead of the every hour I want to eat. Looks like around 11: then 4: then after 8: will be my times. My thyroid meds want me to wait at least an hour after I take them so I have my coffee/lightner/stevia and cinnimon after I take them and am not hungry so I wait for my first meal. Peeling and freezing the bananas makes that shake so easy and it really does taste decadent and filling even though I only add about 8 ozs of skim milk. Pre- JUDDD I would just about fill that huge blender container...Jeepers- no wonder I am FAT.
Storms today so I will work on house work today.
Time to feed Ms. SuSun the Tuxie and Aaunt Jane the American Tabby (my catty girls).
I need to look for that Cinnimon Laughing Cow and some rice cakes- I never liked them before but want to try the small rounds this time.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #65

Good plan you have there Lainey. The shake sound lovely.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #66

Gallery: Purple Sage
Stats: LCHF no scale - goal size 8 & healthy 14/14/8
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 1, 2005 Atkins :'( restart April 2014
Good morning - so, weighed in on day 4 of TOM, after down day, and my actual starting weight is 182. UGH! But, I am purposeful to do something about it.

DD yesterday was no problem. UD will be controlled. I am not hungry yet.
Purple Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Anyone else having problems getting to their calorie goal on UD? I'm getting close, maybe 200 carlories from what the calculator says, but I don't want to purposely stuff myself just to meet the calorie goal. What do you do when that happens? Should the following DD be even lower? I've been keeping at 500 on DD and UD should be 2185, but it's a struggle to get past 1800-1900 calories. Especially after I've been eating around 1500! Thanks for the help!

Oh, and another question, lol! I use an online tracker and earn calories for exercise. I also use my Fit Bit which calculates the calories burned. What happens on a DD when I've earned extra calories? Eat them, or leave them? My last DD came to be around 350 net after exercise, even though I had eaten 500. I left it, but just wondering if that was the right thing to do. Thanks!!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #68

Tough to see that number Christa, but you are doing everything right, give it time.

Mandi, if you are losing don't worry about those extra UD calories. The general view on eating back the calories burned generally is don't. As I have seen it written, why work so hard to burn off those calories only to eat them back?

Lookigt at your stats and your calorie numbers, you may lose very well on 500/2000. If you don't then rethink.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

12 days in

So, a revelation today. I don't have to do the HcG type protocol on DD's. I can eat whatever I want, as long as I keep to my calories. (And yes, I know that eating chips and ice cream would not be the best choice. ) My immediate goal is to lose the weight I regained after HcG. My secondary goal is to FINALLY, eat like a normal person. . . or at least as normally as possible with celiac and a few other food allergies tossed in. There are enough "weird" foods I eat because of health issues. I don't need to eat other weird foods because it's a DD. So today while I was thinking about what to pack for lunch on a DD, I decided to take half a sandwich and a small salad. Yesterday's UD sandwich (on CarbZero bread) was very satisfying, and today's realization that I don't have to needlessly suffer on a DD was nothing short of amazing.

OK, so now we'll see where the rubber hits the road. This could be an epic fail.

Cheryl
Old 08-07-2012, 05:04 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Just checking in

Hi everyone~

I just wanted to check in. Great place for support.

SarahJane -I have the worst time also dieting when I'm at home. I went from working in a salon to a home business where I did parties at night, but was home during the day. That was awful. If I was bored or didn't feel like doing something...I'll just have a snack or my favorite line "I'm just going to clean out the fridge" lol

Love the "Zen" it is really calming around this place.

PurpleSage- JUDDD seems to help change your emotional relationship that you have with food and dieting. I have had trouble with bulimia but with JUDDD, knowing that soon I can have whatever I want, seems to relieve my stress.
Have a great day!
Holly
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning...

Oh yes, this program of being able to say "TOMORROW I CAN EAT WHAT I AM WISHING TO G*D I COULD EAT TODAY" is going to work for me. I know that yesterday's official 2nd DD (easier till before supper than the 1st DD) I said those words in my mind many, many times from about 4: pm till 8: 30's lights out. I just had a 2 egg/ 10 grain toast/ mayo/ lots of luttuce breakfast and a big coffee and feel so very full and soooo good. Being hungry is very jarring to me and I simply hate that but of course for one day only and the promise that it does in fact get much easier I can endure it for sure.
Shrimp Scampi (home made) is on my menu today. I bought a big container of garlic granules (they are now hard to find here so I may get the even bigger ginormous one next soc. sec. day) that taste like fresh garlic. I buy the frozen "salad" shrimp because they are way cheaper and taste just as good. Fresh lemon and I will be in heaven and can have a goodly portion if I am just a little stingy with the olive oil.
Have I mentioned I love JUDDDing? I DO!
Have a good day all yall.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hi Cheryl, Holly, Lainey. It's great to hear your thoughts.
I do think we become "normal", or closer to it, by doing Juddd.
Part of that for me is feeling hunger and not freaking out. I don't think I ever let myself get truly hungry before this. There's something healthy about being hungry and not panicking. Staying sane and just considering what my body wants and needs right now.
You all sound as though you're doing beautifully. Hope this day is wonderful for each of you.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #73

Cheryl, this freedom to eat like normal people is so amazing, glad it is happening for you.

Great forward planning Lainey, your shrimp sound divine.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #74

Gallery: Purple Sage
Stats: LCHF no scale - goal size 8 & healthy 14/14/8
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 1, 2005 Atkins :'( restart April 2014
DD #3, didn't eat at all until 11 and just had 135 calories. I actually feel really good today. Not hungry at all. And not worrying about running out of calories either. I think if I treat DD as super LC lean days it will work better for me. Then I will have enough protein for energy and still be low enough in calories. I am encouraged by the comments about others with history of ED and the fact that this has helped them. When I was doing LC I turned that into a total ED. I don't know how to really explain it, but I never, ever, ever went over 20G of carbs for 3 years...then on that WOE started to gain weight. I was obsessive about it. When I started to gain I cut more carbs out, down to almost Z-carb, and still didn't lose. So I started restricting calories more and more and my family was freaking out. I think I messed up my metabolism even more at that point because then I just couldn't lose at all. I hope that this can help me be more "normal" about food, let go of some of the control issues I have, and help my metabolism repair itself.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #75

My word Christa I am so glad you have found us here. I am sure you are right and you need to be gentle with yourself and heal your metabolism. EDs come in many guises and my heart goes out to you.

You could not have made a wiser choice than to join this board. Many wiser women than me will help and guide you. I am always here to listen and offer hugs.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
All the best to every newbie. Welcome to this great place and the most wonderful plan ever!!! It really is so doable and not hard to maintain either. I have been maintaining for the past 4 months and am now ready to lose 10 more. Just as excited as the 1st. time around! You are gonna love it! BTW...lost 32lbs. the 1st. go, and decided to "rest" a bit before continuing on!

Phyllis
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Excuse the long post, but I had to thank the great mentors here

I really have to thank all the experienced JUDDD BUDDDs here and I'm not going to name them as I know I'll miss a few. You have all made this WOE so much easier for those just coming here and your support has meant so much to us newbies...a great big thank you..

I've not been checking in on the newbie page and I should have been to give my support to you. I'm starting my third month now and have lost a total of 19 pounds and almost ten inches overall...I went to buy a new pair of jeans yesterday as mine are growing in the waist and thighs and shortly I won't be able to wear them as they'll be sitting around my ankles. I took a pair one size smaller into the fitting room and they were actually a little large...went back for a smaller pair and they didn't have any...must be all the school kids getting new clothes for the new year...oh well, I'll have to wait to get a pair when they restock. I would go shopping in my closet but last Spring I gave up on ever losing weight and got rid of all my smaller clothes...guess that means I'll just have to go shopping when I get to a smaller size.

A good suggestion that I hope everyone has done is in addition to weighing and checking the scales, please measure yourself and let that be your real guide in losing weight. Someone has also suggested going to the thrift store and picking up smaller size clothes as a goal setter....guess that'll be my next Sally's run...hmmm, come to think of it, I haven't seen a Salvation Army store in a mighty long time...so it'll be Goody's for me.

I can really say that the DD's get better; at least they did for me. I tried the shakes on my first or second DD, can't remember which, and found that I really need food in the tummy...I've LC for years and got tired of losing and regaining the same ten pounds....I must have lost at least 100 pounds over the years and found them all without looking for them. I really don't think about food on the DD's, which is strange for me as I've always thought about food...a real foodie er food junkie as my DH used to say.

I've found that I really have to plan my food for both up and down days...which is good as I'd forgotten about counting calories...I've looked through several markets searching out how to get the most bulk for the least calories and have settled to about the same menus on the DD and really enjoy eating the things that were forbidden on the UD's. I am finding it hard to eat up to my goal on UD's but try my best and I'm not going to eat the junk just to make goal.

I'm eating a lot more veggies and fruits on both days and usually have the same things, just the protein changes. My breakfasts are usually veggies, egg whites, and some type of meat, small portion (one slice of bacon is really doable) and my suppers are either a large salad with protein or the cabbage, chicken, laughing cow mix and I sometimes throw in the shirataki noodles if I'm really hungry. They are so filling if you can tolerate them. I'll use the laughing cow cinnamon (just picked up the strawberry one but haven't tried it yet) on a puffed rice cake when I need something sweet. (so far a donut has called to me only once on an up day, I ate it, enjoyed it and didn't even feel guilty about eating it...in fact that was my first UD after starting this WOE)

You all have my support, and I'll try to stop in more frequently as I know the importance of hearing someone else's story. Believe me, if I can do it, so can you, particularly with the great support you get from the JUDDD BUDDD'a here...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #78

Mary, what a great post, just what all our lovely Newbies need to read.

You are a really great example of JUDDD magic, thank you for passing on your experience, my lovely JUDDD BUDDD.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Hi everyone,
It's my 2nd DD today, and going great so far. I've juddded for 6 weeks, before I got back on hcg. My first try on juddd wasn't so good. I hate way to much on UD, and gained during those 6 weeks. Know I'm in P4 of hcg and started juddd again. This week will be a mix from DD's and hcg correction days. Tom should start these days, so my weight is higher anyway but I have to keep a close eye on it. I count my DD cals, but don't count my UD very closely. I count fat and protein, and leave about 600cals for veggies. If I have fruit I count that too. I only eat to hunger, which is one of the great benefits for me when using hcg. On DD's I let my body get hungry, and make him wait for an hour or two. But I can't get without food for too long, as I'm getting dizzy and get a head ache.
I'm really in the weight loss mood, so I believe that my 2nd try on juddd will be a success.
And sorry for my bad tipping and errors, but english is not my mother tongue and I'm writing on my phone...

Happy losing to all of you!

Last edited by RebeccaSimpson; 08-08-2012 at 01:41 AM..
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Christa, Glad you're here. This is an excellent woe for "broken" metabolisms. We'll look forward to hearing how it goes for you.
Hi Rebecca. I think you learn great things from JUDDD whether or not your first run at it felt successful. That's how we find out whether or not we have to count calories (I do), which foods sustain us on UDs and DDs, etc. glad to have you back.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:46 AM   #81
Junior LCF Member

So, I'm enough of a scientist to know that a sample size of one isn't enough to come to a conclusion, but eating dinky amounts of regular meals seemed to work yesterday. Half a sandwich and a small salad with Walden Farms dressing for lunch, and a 3oz steak and shiritaki noodles with a wedge of laughing cow for dinner. Finished everything off with some greek yogurt as a snack, and it was a day where I ate like a normal person. I was comfortably hungry through a lot of the day, but not eat-my-arm hungry.

Now to get through today without falling into a vat of chips or gallons of ice cream.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:57 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Good luck and welcome to all the newcomers! I just wanted to add encouragement that it really does get easier! At the start I could only do DDs on week days because I thought I couldn't do a day at home. Once I tried it a few times I found it really isn't too bad. The key for me is to delay eating until mid afternoon on DDs. I can definitely say too that if it can work for me it can work for anyone!

Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Great post on this 8th of Aug. 2012 my 3rd DD.

Had my coffee/lightner/stevia/ forgot the hit of cinnimon and am now waiting for the hungries to hit before I have my banana shake ( I buy the smallest bans I can find for my shakes every DD and use them as is till they sofen then peel and freeze them. I learned that a real small ban. and 8 ozs or less skim and at least 2 cups of ice ( a lot of ice ) makes a perfect shake that is heavenly... stevia and vanilla to taste. Very late breaky and then a very late 3 or 4: ish and then a 250/ 300 cal supper at close to bed time. Been doing Healthy Choice but want to do my own put togethers from now on. Gotta get that stocks (chic. and beef) to make my frozen vegs soups or stews. Avoiding the starch vegs. and will use tins of toms. but do not like the salt so much. Maybe a case of low salt V8 and then use Morton's half salt. Of course it is time to dust off my collection of the Mrs. Dash- LUV that hot one.
Mary, your post was awsome and I will shop for those laughing cows and rice cakes. I like my laughing cows on celery stalks.
Gotta getta a moving as the day is slipping away.
Disgusting overcast muggieness with storms again to day and the next few days as well.
I enjoyed the raspberry s/f jello I made last week so will pick up a ton of that.
have a good one yall.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #84

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Thank you Mary, for sharing your journey here.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Hi all I'm back for one more go-around. This time trying something a little different - a JUDDD/atkins hybrid. I love Atkins, love the 'euphoria' I get from eating bunless cheeseburgers & bacon (who wouldn't! ) But...i'm not losing much weight. So I figured, if I kick it up a notch and add in a JUDDD rotation, that should kick start things. I should also note that I'm currently not working out (saving up the join the gym though).

Today's the first DD and I have to say that i'm actually ok! I had my liquid arsenal this morning (water, skinny latte, diet snapple) and I think if I fill up on liquids in the AM, DD's should be easy (let's hope!). Although i'm doing a hybrid, my carbs might actually be higher for this bc my DDs will be mostly vegetable based (i can eat better this way!). So maybe i'll even see that carbs aren't the problem - I just used to eat too damn much! But I like fasting. It's actually fun

Add me as a friend! Facebook

BodyCombat Certified (5/13/13)
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
I forgot to mention that one of my tricks to get through the day is I bag up some celery and carrot sticks which I'll have a few midway through the day to fill the tummy. Also, I'll sometimes have a small glass of tomato or vegetable juice...for only 50 kcals it really helps...over ice with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.

And for those who must have some type of creamer in the morning's coffee, try the unsweetened almond milk. It is truly delicious and for only 30 kcals per cup, what a bargain. and a treat for the afternoon latte; and tea helps, too, Oolong especially is supposed to raise the metabolism to help your BMI.

I recently read another book on intermittent fasting. The main point was, of course, a two or three-day fast, with or without water, but the author also mentioned that sometimes, particularly when just starting IF that only a 16 or 18 hour fast will produce much of the same effect as a 24-hour fast. On that note, if you have your last calories about 7 or 8 p.m, so if you can go without anything until 11 a.m or 12 p.m., it may help and then have half of your allotted calories to help you get through the hungries. So try to stretch out the time until you break your fast.

Also, another interesting concept which I posted elsewhere is that the hunter/gatherer ancestors probably did not have a store of food in the cave and so had to go out and get something before they could eat...another reason to delay having those first calories on a DD...this is particularly true of Type O blood types as our bodies are more related to the first h/g ancestors.

I try to do something enjoyable on my DD's, particularly when I first started...I went to a movie (forgo the popcorn and soda...took my water bottle tho'), took a walk, went window shopping thinking of all the nice things I would get when I was thinner, find a good book and cuddle up with my dogs (no loved one around with whom to cuddle), I actually went out to lunch with a friend one day and researched the restaurant's menu for things I could have and discovered Mimi's restaurant had a "petite wedge" salad within my calorie budget...a wedge of iceberg, with diced tomatoes, bacon, and blue cheese...I had it with only vinegar and it was truly delicious. The manager of the restaurant stopped at the table and commented on the size of the serving. Hope the cook didn't get a chewing out over it.

Again, I have to stress, lean on your Budd's here as they are a tremendous help and support. You'll find the energy goes up, up and away and the feel good SIRT1 kicks in after a while. This is a great WOE with a wonderful support group.

Last edited by Mssarge; 08-08-2012 at 09:16 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
I'm so thankful for all the veteran JUDDD BUDD's for sharing their experiences! It's wonderful to hear from people that have been where we are and have had so much success! So, thank you!!

Today is my 4th DD and I'm feeling great! I had a nice little dip in my weight yesterday and even though it came back up today, I know it'll go back down tomorrow! I drank coffee this morning, then went on a cleaning spree, which is no easy feat with 4 kids ages 1-5, haha! I didn't eat until 11:45 and I wasn't even that hungry. Woo hoo! I love saving calories so I can eat a decent dinner with the hubby later tonight.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!
SavLexiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
So maybe i'll even see that carbs aren't the problem - I just used to eat too damn much!
Katie, me too, me too. I cannot believe I didn't weigh more, and I cannot believe the difference Juddd has made. It'll be exciting to hear about your progress.
I'll add to Mary's DD thoughts. I drink gallons of sparkling water with lemon and lime in it. Makes me feel fabulous. I do trips to the library for great books. And during the weight loss phase, I got into cruising thrift stores for clothes that were too small. It was SO exciting to buy the stuff and have it fit a couple of weeks later.
Enjoy, everybody. JUDDD is amazing.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Katie, me too, me too. I cannot believe I didn't weigh more, and I cannot believe the difference Juddd has made. It'll be exciting to hear about your progress.
Thank you Kristin! I can't wait for some progress too! I'd like to be under 130 at some point. I haven't seen 13- since I was 19 And before that, I floated in the 140s as a teen (jumping from 120 at 14, to 140 at 15/16 DESPITE being an avid dancer ). And then once I hit 21, boom 150s. Yuck. Hope this is what I need!!
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Katie, I can't tell you what a relief it is to be here. I was a competitive athlete growing up and that sort of morphed into an athletic life used to combat my overeating. So I was muscular, I did marathons, etc., etc., but there was very little peace in it. Now I weigh a bit less than I did during most of high school. I like my body for the first time ever, maybe. Amazing. I can hardly believe it as I write it down here.
Best WOE ever.