Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
August daily chat thread ~ make yourself at home!

Let the August chatting commence!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Man, I'm full of happiness, today, and gratitude for JUDDD. (Apologies to anyone struggling today. Nothing irritates me more on a struggling day than to hear some woman waxing poetic, all joy and ease and stinkin' good will!)
This morning I got word that I'm attending three movie screenings in the next two weeks. (I had small roles in two movies, one of which has screenings in two cities.)
I'm nervous. About what to wear, about my hair, about whether or not anyone will know who I am at the door. (Sorry, can't let you in. This is for cast and crew only. What? You were in this? Really? I must have blinked.)
Anyway, it's good for business to show up at those things even if you'd rather be in your pajamas eating cauliflower mash. So I'll go and be nervous.
BUT I WILL NOT BE OBSESSED with my fatness, the way I used to. I used to calculate the number of days between now and then, the fourteen bizillion calories I could not eat by existing on the fumes of bacon and eggs everybody else was eating, and I would lie horrifically to myself about becoming thin by next Friday.
The big fat LIE resulted, inevitably, in eating myself into misery every day until the event.
Welcome to the beautiful JUDDD reality. All I do now is fall gratefully into rotations. Nothing extreme, nothing heroic, nothing desperate. Just do it. Day by day.
I may not have perfected maintenance yet. Or holidays. But I've got professional gigs down cold. And that's worth celebrating. Happy JUDDDer, today.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Kristin, I LOVED this post. Isn't it a great feeling to just take life in stride, not obsess, and just LIVE?! How fun that you do movies (even if it's blink and you miss it parts). Have a blast at the screenings!

Juddd proved itself to me again with one dd bringing me right back to maintenance after my 4 days off plan.

Now that it's August, I have to shift my thinking into school planning mode, which means I need to limit my time online. Summer is too short! I'll check in, but I'm not going to be able to post as much on the threads. Once school starts, I'll have to be even more scarce.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #4

Kristen! You'll have to let us know the film titles so we can look for you!!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Tina, we'll miss you. Dawn, they're small. But in one I'm in a scene with Campbell Scott and James Cromwell, both beautiful actors. That one is called Still.
And before long you can see me being shot in the head by Bill Paxton, also a beautiful actor, in something called The Colony.
Don't blink.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #6

Ha! I don't know if I can handle seeing you shot in the head! I'll be sure to watch for them though. How exciting!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Ha! I don't know if I can handle seeing you shot in the head! I'll be sure to watch for them though. How exciting!
Maybe if she's "waxing poetic, all joy and ease and stinkin' good will!" it'll be easier to watch??? Kidding!!!! How exciting about being in the movies, no matter how small a part. I don't do movies, so by the time it hits cable or Netflix it might be awhile before I see you. But will watch for them!

It's been 6 weeks today since my surgery and I get my checkup Friday. I've done amazingly well, I think, even with my frustration at holding with a 5 lb. loss since March. I know so much of that had to do with the surgery since before that I was beginning to see the downward trend once I began eating up toward my UD calories.

So, for August I'm only going to weigh after a DD, begin exercising again and be more diligent in counting my calories. We're going on vacation in several weeks, I'd really like to lose at least 10 lbs. or so.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Happy August, everyone!

Tina, we'll definitely notice if you aren't posting as much! Have a great school year.

vanilla, I predict August will be your month! What exercises are you planning?

Congratulations, Kristin. I think both Cromwell and Paxton are excellent, btw. You'll look lovely at the screenings.

I had a dr's appt and dutifully mentioned alternate day dieting, which was met with acceptance. No criticism, but no big interest either.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Aaaagh! I lurve James Cromwell!!!

A friend of his shops at the health food store where I used to work--
apparently, after I got laid off, they started dating and he's called/stopped in a couple times.

It's, like, the most exciting thing that has ever happened in our little podunk mountain town.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
So the remainder of July for me did not get me back down to my sig weight. Struggling with it...not really counting on UD but am counting on DD. So yesterday I just sort of jotted it all down and believe I was on track w/ calories. I even resisted a jumbo fudge bar thingie and opted for a sf popcicle!

I have 2 weeks before my birthday so I really want to get this vacation gain off by then. I know I can do it. Cheer me on! I have about 5-6 pounds to lose!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Hi y'all! Today is my first day of JUDDD and I don't see a newbie thread for August, so I hope you don't mind me asking a question (or a hundred questions, haha!!) here and there. I'm coming from a VLCD, so what is the best way to add carbs back in without my body freaking out? Or do I even have to add carbs? I've been at 20 net and eating around 1300-1600 calories a day, so I'm a little nervous of going up to 2185 and adding carbs, but I'm trying to stay open minded I have my day planned out and it's around 1850, but I'm going to try to get as close to the UD number as I can!! Thanks in advance for any help!!
SavLexiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hi SavLexiMom!

I did HCG and I did P3 for 3 weeks before coming to JUDDD but I believe there are others who've come straight off of a VLCD. You don't have to add carbs back in. It's your choice but if you do of course the scale is going to go up but temporarily until your body adjusts to JUDDD. Good Luck!!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavLexiMom View Post
Hi y'all! Today is my first day of JUDDD and I don't see a newbie thread for August, so I hope you don't mind me asking a question (or a hundred questions, haha!!) here and there. I'm coming from a VLCD, so what is the best way to add carbs back in without my body freaking out? Or do I even have to add carbs? I've been at 20 net and eating around 1300-1600 calories a day, so I'm a little nervous of going up to 2185 and adding carbs, but I'm trying to stay open minded I have my day planned out and it's around 1850, but I'm going to try to get as close to the UD number as I can!! Thanks in advance for any help!!
I just started an August newbie thread.

I always recommend *not* adding carbs the first couple weeks, in case you end up not liking JUDDD and deciding to go back to your other WOE.
That way you won't have to wean yourself off of carbs again...for some people, it's like going through a drug withdrawal, you know?

Of course, adding carbs back in is one of the great joys of JUDDD, so...do whatever you want! But the weight loss might take an extra week or two to kick in, so be prepared!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Thanks for the words of wisdom, ladies!! I appreciate it
SavLexiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
How wonderful to have a "Movie Star" among us!
So tell us where was this movie filmed In Canada?

Hello to all the new gals starting!

My weight is slowly coming off, the 3 # I gained in June was with me all fo July, except for 1 #. So 1 # to go before maintence!

Leona
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Excited for you, Kristin! You're gonna knock 'em dead at the screenings, too. Love Bill Paxton and James Cromwell has been one of my favs for a long time.

Bailey, you will do it!

Vanilla, I have a hunch you're going to start seeing lower numbers, too.

Leona! One pound until maintenance!!

Glad to have you join us, SavLexiMom.

Tina, your posts will be hunted down and savored!!

Hard to believe it's already August!!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Hi just popped my head in here to take a looksie.. Not alot of post time for me today..im supposed to be "working" Ill catchup later tonight.. Girls~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Just popping in to say Hi! So Hi all!!!! Still around and kicking....barely! Hubby lost his job so I have been working at that crappy little job still, but working as many hours as I can to try to keep us up near ok levels.

I have been at maintaining levels and have been happily at 165-167 for the last few weeks. I dont have the extra money for salads and stuff so I have just been eating what everyone else eats and just having smaller portions. However the kicker is the whole really carby bad for you foods that are cheapiest is what we are eating. Spaghetti, mac and cheese, hot dogs....you know! Atleast I am not doing LC because that would of sooooooo gone by the way side at this point! JUDDD is pretty easy to follow when your broke! I just decided to maintain til he starts working again so I dont have extra stress and worries.

Hubby was sweet the other day thought! We didnt have money to get me a birthday cake and didnt know for sure if I could have it on JUDDD, so he bought me a package of 2 twinkies! Made me laugh! I loved the thought behind it thought!

I was just stopping in here on my way to shower. Just ran my mile when I got home from work and thought I would sit at the pc and check in on everything. Here and facebook and all my other favorite little sites I have been ignoring for the most part........I miss "me" time right now!!!!!

Hope everyone is well!!!!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Love and hugs back, Tanya. And Twinkies. great to hear from you. I hope your man lands the job of his dreams.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #20

Tanya, hoping things get a little easier soon. Love the Twinkies as birthday cake. I would have been happy with that, but only if they were raspberry Zingers!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I hope your man lands the job of his dreams.
I would settle for any job right now. The company did a clean up and if you were a salary income, you were canned. The company is fighting everyone for unemployment too! So its been 6 weeks with no money from him and no hope for unemployment at this point either........uggghhh!

Thanks for the love and hugs!!! Needed that!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Tanya, hoping things get a little easier soon. Love the Twinkies as birthday cake. I would have been happy with that, but only if they were raspberry Zingers!
LOL!!! I told him thats what I will get him in 3 weeks for his bday cake!!! Those are his faves too!!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
hugs to you Katiebub and prayers that you are able to find somthing,, or as you say anything.. my heart goes out to you
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
vanilla, I predict August will be your month! What exercises are you planning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Vanilla, I have a hunch you're going to start seeing lower numbers, too.
I hope you're both right. I was up this morning after a DD, so I'm a little even as I try to remain optimistic. My clothes still feel okay, so I'm assuming it's still some fluid retention, even though I'm drinking my water.

As for exercise, I'm planning on doing WATP or elliptical. I miss Zumba and may do some from YouTube (I have a kazillion saved ).

Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: genevievew
Stats: 233/227/150
Start Date: 7/17/2012
So Im pretty excited right now, and need to share...

6 lbs down in less than 3 weeks. And a lb down today despite a dd that turned into an md due to TOM....

Ecstatic really... especially because this has not been torture. I do not feel deprived. Im getting to eat a lot of my favorite and previously forbidden foods on my UDs. This is the only WOE that I could see sticking out for the long haul and really maintaining on as well.

Awesome.
genevievew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #26

Gallery: toomuchbooty
Hooray! That is a great report, Genevieve!
toomuchbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #27

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Great posts here. So pleased so many are doing well.

Tanya I am sorry that things are so hard just now, but I think your DH is so sweet. Hoping he soon finds work.

Vanilla as you know, all gains are water and all losses are fat. Keep it up lady, those pounds will start moving again soon.

PJ thanks for starting the August Newbie thread.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Wonderful Genevieve!!!! You are off to a wonderful start.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Vanilla as you know, all gains are water and all losses are fat. Keep it up lady, those pounds will start moving again soon.
I think I need to change my siggy with that!!!

So, I went for my checkup this morning. That stupid thing in the room (you know, that metal thing with those blasted numbers) had me weighing 7 lbs. more than when I went for my two week checkup. But, my clothes still feel good, so I do maintain that it is ALL WATER! Oh, and my innards are still healing but coming along very nicely.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Genevieve, way to go! How exciting to see it happening!
And Vanilla, something for you:
Part one. My lovely man has a huge, huge coffee grinder. It looks like a vacuum cleaner. My suggestion is that, until we can really trust this JUDDD thing (not to mention trusting our beautiful bodies), you should send me that "stupid metal thing" of yours. I'll put it in the grinder. It'll make a fabulous sound. Sparks will fly. People will gasp.
Part two. We carry on JUDDDing here without the number neurosis. We enjoy each other's company, we cheer each other on, we learn lots. Our insides heal. We drink sangria, we dance.
Part three. We visit a stupid metal thing at a friend's house a few months later and find out we've lost weight, we've lost BMI, we've lost all kinds of things. We've even lost the habit of suffering over numbers.

This is the movie that runs in my head when I hear anyone who's frustrated. Particularly the new juddders, but the rest of us, too. (As long as I'm not frustrated at the same time.) I star in this movie. So do you. We watch it over and over, it's so good. We wear out the DVD.

All of this is just to say that I feel your sad/frustrated emoticons, and I'm doing everything I can to beam you happiness, water loss, and levity. I love that we're all in this together.