Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Grumpy

The last few down days were manageable, so I thought there was a trend. Today, however, has been rough. I got half-way through my work today and I ended up staring blankly at the screen until dinner time.

I added fifty extra calories, thinking that should more than hold me. But it didn't. I'm never sure how I should handle this. On the one hand, I could just keep adding calories until I am sane. On the other hand, where does that stop? And when weight loss is both happening and urgently needed, my instinct is to just suck it up. After all, hunger is a symptom of my fat cells starving, no?

Of course, I'm not really sucking it up, am I? I'm whining. But it's 7pm and I'm nervous about making it through the rest of the day.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
This probably isn't the most productive solution, but when I have a rough DD, I go to bed early with a book to distract me from my rumbling tummy, until I fall asleep. When I wake up, miraculously, it's an UD!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Bad day for me too and I am definitely not as productive at work on my DDs. That is a problem! I cope by skipping breakfast and having some decent size snacks during the day but that leaves me few calories at night when I am hungry. Decided to have a big bowl of bouillon with some egg whites to fill me up but I am at my DD calorie goal and a little beyond. Hoping to just gut it out and wake up to a nice breakfast. Sometimes I take a hoodie chew which is an appetite suppressant. Not sure it really helps but it is an amazingly delicious chocolate covered caramel chew so if I can spare 30 calories it is not a bad deal LOL!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
The last few down days were manageable, so I thought there was a trend. Today, however, has been rough. I got half-way through my work today and I ended up staring blankly at the screen until dinner time.

I added fifty extra calories, thinking that should more than hold me. But it didn't. I'm never sure how I should handle this. On the one hand, I could just keep adding calories until I am sane. On the other hand, where does that stop? And when weight loss is both happening and urgently needed, my instinct is to just suck it up. After all, hunger is a symptom of my fat cells starving, no?

Of course, I'm not really sucking it up, am I? I'm whining. But it's 7pm and I'm nervous about making it through the rest of the day.
When I have a tough down day I put about a half tablespoon of peanut butter on a spoon and slowly eat it. Without fail after 10 minutes or so my hunger pains are gone. It seems to get the metabolism of my fat stores started or something, I don't know, but it does work.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post

Dh and I have been using vit D-3 drops. I have proof it works based on bloodwork--I was low, used 5 drops a day and it actually went a little high after 5 mos, so backed off to 2 drops/day and I am right where my doc wants me to be. Even my dh, who is a farmer, works outside everyday, and rarely uses sunscreen except at the beginning of the season, was low on vit D when tested a few weeks ago. It is REALLY hard to get enough vitD from the sun. And if you use sunscreen, it blocks vit D production as well.
Tina, can you please tell me more about the drops, where to find them, etc. I have been fighting low D for years.

Thanks,
Connie
Old 08-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Tina told me the drops she takes have 2000 IU per serving.
(Can't mention the particular brand.)
Netrition carries the Carlson brand, although they're out of stock right now.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Tina told me the drops she takes have 2000 IU per serving.
(Can't mention the particular brand.)
Netrition carries the Carlson brand, although they're out of stock right now.

Thanks! I'll see what I can find locally.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
You can also find sprays. Dr. Mercola's is metered at 1,000 IU per spray. I have it, it tastes fine to me. Of course, these are both sublingual methods so much more easily metabolized. In theory, you would actually get more of the D with a subligual.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #129
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cahira
Stats: 292.0/285.4/167.0
Start Date: 9/17/12
Well I made it through day one. According to the calculator my down day goal for 25% was just a bit over 600 calories and I hit 615. I *thought* the tangerine fruit ice pop was 60 but it was 80. I don't feel bad, and I didn't feel hungry. More like I wanted to eat/cook out of habit.

I did however decide that Shiritake noodles are *not* for me! I don't like my food to squeak while I'm chewing it!

I'm off to bed early, and interested to see how I feel in the morning. I'd like to go for a run, but I normally run on an empty stomach and this ole stomach might be *too* empty!
cahira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kctwirler1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahira View Post
Well I made it through day one. According to the calculator my down day goal for 25% was just a bit over 600 calories and I hit 615. I *thought* the tangerine fruit ice pop was 60 but it was 80. I don't feel bad, and I didn't feel hungry. More like I wanted to eat/cook out of habit.
Cahira- Congrats on making it through your first day- 615 is a great DD number! I understand the bit about wanting to cook and eat out of habit. I think I need to get out of the house during the next week or so on my DDs so I can get my mind off of food .
kctwirler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
You can also find sprays. Dr. Mercola's is metered at 1,000 IU per spray. I have it, it tastes fine to me. Of course, these are both sublingual methods so much more easily metabolized. In theory, you would actually get more of the D with a subligual.

Thank you for the info.

And CONGRATULATIONS cahira on your first day!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #132
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cahira
Stats: 292.0/285.4/167.0
Start Date: 9/17/12
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. It's weird - I feel like I'm hungrier today on my UD than I was yesterday on my DD.

Trying to plan something delicious and tasty for dinner. I'm leaning towards some Cuban Black Bean Patties with Pineapple Rice. One of our faves!
cahira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahira View Post
I did however decide that Shiritake noodles are *not* for me! I don't like my food to squeak while I'm chewing it!
!
I'm with you! I tried these a long time ago, and I couldn't eat them. I wish I could! They sound like a fantastic DD food. I think about trying them again, but they made a strong negative impression so I don't think I can!!

The Netrition link to the miracle noodles has a disclaimer: try one before you buy a case, because you either love them or hate them.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Today, however, has been rough. I got half-way through my work today and I ended up staring blankly at the screen until dinner time.
Steph, I had a rougher time with down days this week too, transitioning from being on summer break to teaching all day. I woke up RAVENOUS on one teaching DD, but didn't dare eat anything because how would I make it through the day? Some parts were tough, but overall it was better than I thought (I was kind of worried about how it would go). It made me aware of how much I eat to combat fatigue and as a reward for doing something hard .... like starting a new school year.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Definitely request my books! And if the library needs convincing--but they probably won't-- you can tell them that Song of the Nile was a RITA Award nominated book and that the third book in the trilogy will be out in 2013
Steph! I'm so excited to read this thread and see the titles of your books so I can read them. You've got great ratings on Amazon! So impressed ... I've always wanted to try writing a novel myself. Maybe seeing a published author here will be the inspiration to actually DO IT.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchbooty View Post
I had read that low Vitamin D can cause all the symptoms I listed above. I'm now totally convinced that is the answer. It makes perfect sense. I am a black female living in a low sunlight climate (rainy Vancouver). Even if I do get some sun, my melanin helps block out the rays. I'm really hoping this is the answer!
Toomuchbooty (<---- I love it!), my doctor requested a vitamin D this last year, and I was shocked to be very much below the desirable range. And I'm fair skinned and live in sunny California! Definitely see if you can get this checked ... vitamin D has been correlated with weight gain as well as you probably know.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #137

Gallery: toomuchbooty
Hi Christina, yes...unexplained weight gain has definitely been one of the most frustrating symptoms.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! No big plans for me today. My boyfriend is at work, so I have the house to myself. I have to get groceries later, probably going to make some cabbage soup with turkey meatballs for this weeks DD.
toomuchbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Well, I am present at the party. I haven't been doing much dieting, just maintaining, since DH needs a lot of care. He has terminal head and neck cancer and one day I can focus on diet, the next just blow it. I decided that I am willing to try to give myself some extra attention which is why I am back in action. Today is a DD @ 500 calories. I actually bounced up 3lbs after two UD's @ 1500 calories. It will be interesting to see how the week plays out. It is mandatory that for health that I lose some of this gut. It's so easy to eat for solace when under stress, at least for some of us. I am so lucky that I haven't gained back the total five I lost in March. Anyway, I'm here and as always will enjoy reading your posts!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #139

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Good to see your lovely smile again Suze. Tough times for you I know but I am glad you have found a little time for yourself. Always feel free to come here for a little vent.

I take Vit D3 drops too, I can't say it has made a noticeable difference to anything, but then, unless you quit it is hard to know isn't it?

Just beginning to resurface and happy to see I hadn't gained much. 127 this morning which is fine.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

BIG Hugs to you Suze.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5 - 117 p/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Suze - my prayers are with you and your hubby!
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Adding my prayers, too
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

It’s been a few weeks of enduring a bit of weight-loss resistence. My body wasn’t in the mood to coopertate -- from the heat, from a big stress, who can say? I waited it out, simply stayed the course. I did not allow the scale make me feel sad, and finally and I am ready to claim victory!

This morning I slid over the line into the 60 pound club!

I'm rewarding myself with an UD out with gal pals. We're meeting at a coffee shop, where I may just include a blueberry muffin to my count for the day, and then we are going to the regional quilt show where I will do my best to burn it off!

Thanks for letting me rejoice!

Connie
Old 08-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
It’s been a few weeks of enduring a bit of weight-loss resistence. My body wasn’t in the mood to coopertate -- from the heat, from a big stress, who can say? I waited it out, simply stayed the course. I did not allow the scale make me feel sad, and finally and I am ready to claim victory!

This morning I slid over the line into the 60 pound club!

I'm rewarding myself with an UD out with gal pals. We're meeting at a coffee shop, where I may just include a blueberry muffin to my count for the day, and then we are going to the regional quilt show where I will do my best to burn it off!

Thanks for letting me rejoice!

Connie
You inspire me!! I watch your ticker all the time and am so impressed with how quickly you lose weight. 60 pounds is just simply fantastic. Enjoy that blueberry muffin, you awesome person!!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #145
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Although I enjoyed lunch with my family yesterday at Ryans (buffet), I got really annoyed with my mother asking me "is that all you're going to eat? You're not getting your moneys worth" several times. I had a salad, then a baked chicken breast, carrots and purple hull peas, a dinner roll then a small slice of carrot cake and a small bread pudding(very small desserts, but it was all I wanted). I was comfortable and satisfied.
This is why I hate going out with her. She eats until she's completely and miserably stuffed, then eats some more.
I prefer not to make myself sick just to "get my moneys worth".
Ugh.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: molly1844
WOE: MOderate Carbs/Type 2 Diabetes
Start Date: August 2013
I was at a business conference for the last 4 days. Most of the food was provided so not so much under my control. I did MDs instead of DDs and guess what? I hopped n the scale this morning and I weigh exactly what I weighed before I went to conference!!! So happy with that!!!!

molly
molly1844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Molly,
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Woohoo Connie!!!!! I love watching the number on your ticker grow. You are doing so great!!!!

Yay Molly! JUDDD is wonderful and you did great in a situation that often spells doom for most of us.

I totally forgot to weigh myself this morning. That NEVER happens. I weigh at least twice a day. This morning, it never even crossed my mind until I sat down to enter my breakfast in a tracker. I think that must be a victory of some sort. LOL
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Hi all!!!

Just doing my normal check in and how ya doing!

Schools about to start soon for the kids, I am excited but yet not. School starts and we get crazy busy with sports and stuff. But either way, my house may stay cleaned longer than an hour now lol!!!!

Today is a UD but I am saving my calories til later. Local fair, which means fair food you only get once a year!!! lol!!!! I plan on a gyro, choc covered twinkie and a frozen cheese cake on a stick!!!! Oh and if that one coffee place is there I will get a frozen mint choc chip coffee!! Lots of calories but yummmmmmmmmm!!!!! Looking forward to tonight. Nice get away from my days for now. I am taping my NASCAR race though. I was torn on if I wanted to go and tape it or stay home and watch it lol!! Hubby decided on watching the steeler game so that cemented my choice of going to the fair for sure lol!!!

Ok I am outty for a while, talk to you all real soon!!!! Hoping if hubby starts work soon, I will get me that kindle fire and I can browse the net when at work and be able to check in here more often!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Molly,
I love news like that!! It is very impressive. Good job!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote