Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetthang07
WOE: LC, Zumba 3x per week, Callanetics 3x per week
Start Date: 1/7/13
Carb counters?

Hi everyone! I am new to this WOE and started with an UD last Friday. I was a LC doing protein power. I had lost about 20 pounds on PP but this go around saw no loss and decided to give JUDDD a try. I love it so far but have a hard time with accepting UD. I know this will come with time. I would like to keep lower carb while on JUDDD but it is hard to reach 1990 cals on UD without many carbs. Some days I end up around 200g on UD and that freaks me out after being on <30 for so long. So I am wondering how many of you count carbs and what you eat to keep low. Also, how many carbs do you shoot for on UD? My DDs are easy because I have so few cals to work with. Any advice greatly appreciated
sweetthang07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: trish6103
Stats: I would tell you but I'd have to kill you.
I'm not counting carbs, but I'm doing Sugarbusters in addition to JUDDD. I eat good carbs, like fruit, beans, whole wheat bread, tortillas, cereal, etc (limit 2 servings per day).
I struggle with my UD calories as well. I am trying to get my calories from high quality protein and good fats.
trish6103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Welcome to JUDDD! I tried PP and loved it, but couldn't lose a darn thing. Seems whether I lower carbs or not, the pounds are very stubborn to depart from my body.

I try to stay low carb during the week and have Saturday as my carbier day. I do a M/W/F down day, T/T/S up day, S medium day schedule. Do try to eat up to your UD calories or you may stall. I thought I was eating up to them and had stalled after only a 4 lb. or so loss. It was suggested to me to calculate my calories and sure enough, I was a few hundred below. And my UD calories are 1930! I began eating up to them and began losing. It's shocking, I know!

I'm currently stuck right now as I'm recovering from surgery. But, JUDDD has helped me at least stay in a kind of maintenance mode and I hope to begin losing again soon.

My carbs stay under 100 or so, sometimes more on an UD. I try to keep them at 50, but like I said, I have a hard time losing whether I eat 450 grams of carbs or less than 50. But, I prefer to eat low carb things because I full things - cream, yogurt, sour cream, etc. I feel better eating LC, too. But, I don't shy away from the good carbs.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I don't count carbs at all. I only count calories. I see what my carb level is, just as I see what my protein level is for the day, but I don't pay one whit of attention or concern, whether my carbs are 100 for the day or 150 or higher.

I eat everything. And I mean anything and everything. BUT.. the vast majority of my diet is still basic low carb foods. I love meats and full fat dairy and all of the low carb veggies!!!

However, from there I also eat all of the higher carb veggies, including some potatoes and beans, etc. And I eat all fruit. I enjoy fruit and eat it most every day.

And I eat artisan bread. And sometimes pasta. Just regular old pasta. In fact, we'll be having a spaghetti dinner tonight.

I have oatmeal or cold breakfast cereal quite often. Good old corn flakes with cold whole milk and a spoonful of sugar is my favorite, but sometimes breakfast is eggs with buttered toast. Maybe jam.

Sometimes desserts. Sometimes a small Dairy Queen cone.

In other words, I rely on the low carb foods for the bulk of my diet and than add in from there, so my diet is pretty much the old fashioned way we ate back when I was a kid in the 1940's-1950's. Most everyone was slim. And most everyone just ate regular food, some of everything, and not too much of anything. I like to eat like that now. JUDDD makes it possible.

I was obese and now I'm not. Thank you JUDDD. I'll never, ever follow any other eating plan but this one!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetthang07
WOE: LC, Zumba 3x per week, Callanetics 3x per week
Start Date: 1/7/13
Wow, thanks for all the inspiring replies. I am getting married in a year and want to lose 50-60 lbs and was worried that if this isn't working for me I need to get on the right track soon. I think I will give it a few weeks to work. Then I will decide whether or not this will work for me. I am going to make a better effort to eat low carb bc I have pretty much been eating whatever I want on UDs. Thanks again and I look forward to all the wisdom here on the board
sweetthang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey Sweetthang, give it at least a month as it really takes that long to get into the swing of things and see results...you'll be amazed....I am so glad I found the WOE and agree with Pat,,,I was LCing for years and kept losing the same ten pounds...until now. I've been Juddding for two months now and have lost 25 pounds. I keep an eye on my carbs and eat the lower end most of the time, but I'm really enjoying the things that I was denied on LC. I'm too old for that stuff and love this WOE.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote