Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Gallery: Cryssi
Stats: 316.0/316.0/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/23/14
Favorite DD Menus?

Hey guys! I am getting ready to give JUDDD a go probably starting tomorrow.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out a menu plan since that seems to be uber important with this plan.

UD's shouldn't be too hard as I am allotted 2700 cals for those.

DD's technically shouldn't be too difficult since I just have to add to 500 However, I am so used to only counting carbs I have no idea where to start for DD foods.

I have never been a big breakfast eater, and DISPISE eggs whites with a passion so I was planning on skipping breakfast (I will have broth on hand as a standby in case I need it) but I am having a hard time coming up with things that fit together, within 500 cals, for lunches and dinners

So, what are your favorite menus for lunches and dinners?

*~*A year from now you will wish that you started today.*~*

*~* A goal is a dream with a deadline. *~*

Cryssi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: trish6103
Stats: I would tell you but I'd have to kill you.
There are DD Menus/Recipes/Ideas in the stickies section. A wealth of information there.

I never eat breakfast, on UDs or DDs.

I eat a lot of tilapia and stir frys on DDs. Water chestnuts, bean sprouts, mushrooms, broccoli, cabbage, celery... they al have very few calories, so I just stir fry whatever veggies I have, along with some shirataki noodles.

Do you have an Aldi where you live? They have a version of Laughing Cow cheese that is only 25 calories per wedge and WAY cheaper than the real LC.

There are lots of other options, but I am combining Sugarbusters and JUDDD, so the things I eat are a lot more limited than someone just doing JUDDD.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #3

One more thing- soup! Google WW 1 point soup or zero point soup. There are some really good recipes, some only having 60 or so calories per serving.
trish6103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Thanks Trish.

I hate fish (only like shrimp and occasionally crab) so thats out.

What do you use for stirfry since I would imagine oil is out?

No Aldi here We had them when I lived in Missouri several years ago. I miss them.

I will look into those soups.

Last edited by Cryssi; 07-30-2012 at 11:57 AM..
Old 07-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Oh and I spent hours reading the threads last night but after awhile my eyes cross and my brain just overloads
Old 07-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #6

I spray my pan with Pam, then add soy sauce towards the end. That's about it.
Dottie has some good ideas for stir fry in the DD recipe thread. She used things like ponzu sauce and fish sauce, I think.
Again, my choices are more limited because of Sugarbusters.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #7

You don't have to read through all the threads. I eat basically the same few things on my DDs.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/155.4/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryssi View Post
Oh and I spent hours reading the threads last night but after awhile my eyes cross and my brain just overloads
One thing I did was make a list as I went through threads. I made a list of good recipes/ideas, and a list of products. I have those available when I meal plan, and I keep some of those products stocked in my house at all times.

I eat almost the same thing every DD during the week:

Breakfast- non-fat Greek yogurt

Lunch- I eat this spread throughout the day-
pickled asparagus
low fat low cal cheese wedge spread on two big, flat low cal crackers
a cup of berries

Dinner- a small serving of protein and as many vegetables as I can fit in. I have been doing this recently with a big salad with chicken or shrimp on it.

Fitness - If it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.
- Cher
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Ideas:

Check out the What Are You Eating **DD** Threads. All DD food ideas.
See the best DD recipe threads or DD grocery list threads.
Great idea about the WW soup recipes. I freeze them in serving sizes, perfect for work.
I think we all mostly gravitate to our few faves on the DD, makes thinking about food easier once you get into a groove. This WOE will become second nature before you know it! Best to you.

And BTW, 2700 cals seems too much unless you are really tall or crazy active. Double check the calculator and be sure you are in the correct units...cm or inches, kg or pounds. Huge difference on cals allowed.

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post
Ideas:

Check out the What Are You Eating **DD** Threads. All DD food ideas.
See the best DD recipe threads or DD grocery list threads.
Great idea about the WW soup recipes. I freeze them in serving sizes, perfect for work.
I think we all mostly gravitate to our few faves on the DD, makes thinking about food easier once you get into a groove. This WOE will become second nature before you know it! Best to you.

And BTW, 2700 cals seems too much unless you are really tall or crazy active. Double check the calculator and be sure you are in the correct units...cm or inches, kg or pounds. Huge difference on cals allowed.
I thinking I want to have 16 different DD menus that gives me something different for each DD in a month. One of the problems I had with low carb was boredom. But, I also think the UD's will help with that since I can have what I want there.

I am guessing the reason my UD cals are so high is because I am about 325lbs? I am only 5'4" so I am not tall by any means.

But I entered the info as 325lbs, 64 inches and little to no activity.

I click the lb and in buttons but it automatically converts it to cm and kg. But the answers it gives are 2683 for UD and 537 for DD.

Here is the screen shot:
Old 07-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #11

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Looks like you entered correctly. If you can't eat all the way up to your UD calories, it's okay, but if you want them, I say eat them! You can always adjust later if needed.

DH is tall and big and he gets around 4000 on an UD! DD is around 800, and he's doing fine. Good luck!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

It does look right...oooh, and you are way younger than me, no wonder you get so many calories, you lucky duck!!

I agree with Dawn, if you want them, eat them! You gotta LOVE a "diet" where some days you CAN'T eat what is allotted! And it sounds like this is working really well for you, even with a tiny bounce up on the scale. If it's not broke....

Looking forward to many more reports of your continued progress!!

Last edited by cactusrose63; 07-30-2012 at 02:05 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #13

Oh, and I'm one who doesn't cook too much, so here's a typical DD menu for me:

B: coffee
L: Small Wendy's chili (210) or a Subway salad (130-150) with no cheese or dressing (I just have them put some peppers and vinegar for kick). If I feel like "cooking," I'll peel and slice a whole cucumber, a tomato, and add a little bit of protein and a low cal dressing or ACV for 150 or so calories.
D: Usually a grilled lean protein and nuked frozen veggies.

You may find in the long run, that DDs are easier once you find the foods which work with your particular metabolism to keep you satisfied. That "may" mean you'll end up with a pretty set menu as many of us have. Another reason that works for so many of us is that we just don't want to have to think about food on a DD. We spend too much time dreaming of all the wonderful things we're going to have on our UDs instead!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Thanks guys.

I have been on a lot of different product sites looking at nutritional info to come up with meals.

Like I said, if I can come up with at least 15-16 different DD menus then that will give me a months worth of food to rotate through on DD's.

Stuffing my pie hole on UD's will not be an issue at all
Old 07-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
My DD are pretty much the same each day:

B-Coffee with SF chocolate syrup

L-Eggbeaters with a tsp of lite cream cheese and a piece of 35 cal toast

D-cabbage/cream cheese/chicken. Sometimes I also eat this for lunch

S-Depends on my mood. Romaine lettuce with tomatoes & spray dressing. LF or No fat yogurt. A can of green beans with tomatoes. A couple of Wasa crackers.
Lots of decaf in the evening to keep me full.
Crazy Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

I am starting to realize just how much 2700 cals is!

I am planning a carne asada taco BBQ for friends in a week and 4 tacos, with homemade guac, 1/2 c cilantro lime rice and 1/2 c black beans comes to 920 cals.

That leaves 1780 for the rest of the day
Old 07-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #17

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Hey guys! I am getting ready to give JUDDD a go probably starting tomorrow.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out a menu plan since that seems to be uber important with this plan.

UD's shouldn't be too hard as I am allotted 2700 cals for those.

DD's technically shouldn't be too difficult since I just have to add to 500 However, I am so used to only counting carbs I have no idea where to start for DD foods.

I have never been a big breakfast eater, and DISPISE eggs whites with a passion so I was planning on skipping breakfast (I will have broth on hand as a standby in case I need it) but I am having a hard time coming up with things that fit together, within 500 cals, for lunches and dinners

So, what are your favorite menus for lunches and dinners?
Cryssi, I'm thrilled to hear you are going to start JUDDDing with us. For the vast majority of those who eat by this plan, weight loss happens. Overall, it happens most dependably and fastest for those who actually measure their foods and who actually count up their calories, but sometimes it even happens reasonably well for those who just eyeball their food and guess. LOL Just like with any other plan, some lose faster than others, and those who do it most accurately are usually rewarded with the best rate of loss, but even that varies. I'm hoping you do really well and believe you will!!!

Here is a really delicious and very filling breakfast that doesn't use any eggs. A pumpkin pie shake. Very large and scrumptious! Filling. You can ride on this meal for hours! About 94 calories.

1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/2 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin (not pie filling)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup Walden Farms 0-Calorie Pancake Syrup (Splenda).. but I think DaVinci's syrups might work as well, as well as Splenda, or whatever. Just count any calories. I like (love) the Walden Farms Pancake Syrup because of the addition of that maple-y pancake syrup flavor and no additional calories from it. LOL If it isn't sweet enough for you, pour in more Pancake Syrup! Ha!

Put the ingredients into your blender with about 10 ice cubes and blend it all up into a fabulous ice cream milkshake.. without the ice cream. I put the ice cubes into a plastic bag and break them into chunks before even putting the ice into the blender.. seems to help it turn into my shake faster.

You will get a giant glass of milkshake from this.

Last edited by SoHappy; 07-30-2012 at 05:56 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #18
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Thanks Pat.

I am working on a couple weeks worth of menus right now and these suggestions are helping a lot.

I seriously don't know how I am going to get 2700 cals in.

Even if I make myself eat breakfast, that is a lot of food. I don't know if I can eat that much food in one day
Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Hey guys! I am getting ready to give JUDDD a go probably starting tomorrow

Like SoHappy (Pat), I'm really glad to see you here. We've posted together on the PG for a long time. We were even in a weight loss challenge on the PG about a year ago, remember that? I know you've struggled and you know I've struggled.

Guess what? I no longer struggle! How very great it is not to struggle, and I'm so, so hoping you'll experience the same thing. I'm so sure you will!

My best advice is to keep reading. Read, read, and read some more. Ask questions if you are unsure of something. Come here to rant, vent and be inspired by others. Talk to us. This place IS different.

Wishing you every success! You CAN do this, you really can!

PS -

Dig out a pair of pants that you can't fit into that you've hidden in the back of your closet; jeans or something similar is preferable. If that's not possible, go to a thrift/charity shop and buy a pair of pants that are somewhat too small to get into. Try those pants on frequently, especially if you show no downward movement on the scale. You will almost certainly be amazed at the changes your body is making even though you may not always see it documented on the scale. Pants are a much better tool to show progress than is the scale. As you are able to fit comfortably into the tight pants, go get another pair to use as a gauge.

Another thing is to go out and get a measuring tape and measure yourself right at the beginning and periodically retake those measurements. Very often you will find you're shrinking even though the scale doesn't show it.

I prefer using clothes as a progress gauge for a couple of reasons. First, we all wear clothes and we know when they're too tight, when they fit just right, and when they're too big. It's one thing to see a number (on the tape measure or on the scale), and another thing to 'feel' how our clothes fit. I don't know about you, but I get much more of a thrill when I can finally zip up a pair of pants and be able to breathe normally than I ever do over a number. I can't 'feel' the number but I can sure feel how my clothes fit.

Secondly, it's hard to take all the measurements one would need to take to show all the progress we've made. Sometimes we lose in the areas we haven't measured and wouldn't have ever thought to measure. The clothes show it, though.

Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Thanks Pat.

I am working on a couple weeks worth of menus right now and these suggestions are helping a lot.

I seriously don't know how I am going to get 2700 cals in.

Even if I make myself eat breakfast, that is a lot of food. I don't know if I can eat that much food in one day
Cryssi, please remember this: Your UD essentially fuels your DD. Your DDs will be much easier when you come as close as possible on your UD. So eat as well as you possibly can on UD, come as close as you can (without making yourself sick). Use butter, oils, etc., to boost the calorie count. Allow yourself some chocolate or real ice cream if that sounds good. Factor in some high calorie snacks, etc.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #21
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Thanks Sheridan. I am really looking forward to this.

And here Mike and I thought this would be a lot cheaper than LC since I can eat whatever on UD's and am eating so much less on DD's

Last edited by Cryssi; 07-30-2012 at 07:03 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #22

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
JUDDD can be much cheaper than low carb, but of course that all depends on what foods you choose to include in your diet when you JUDDD. So it can be the same low carb foods as before, or it can be a whole lot more fruits and vegetables, etc. But you do save $$$ from the standpoint that you eat quite a bit less every other day, and we truly notice that difference at our house, so I expect you will too.

As to the calories... we usually advocate for folks to eat at their full Up Day calorie number when they are first starting off, but there is a possible exception to that, which can allow for you to bring your UD number down to a more reasonable-feeling number right from the beginning, and that is if you are starting JUDDD at a very large weight. Some of us are already closer to our goal weights when we start, and so should probably be pretty careful to get in all our UD nutrition (calories) and not cut that down too much, but some of us are still quite, quite heavy when we start JUDDD, and for us... cutting some of those UD calories will be just fine and get us off to a bit faster start. At some point, the UD calories are only going up and up and up, simply based on more and more body fat in the Calorie Calculations, so it probably isn't necessary to consume an extreme number of calories on UDs in that case. If you bring that number down a few hundred, I believe you will be just fine and find it easier to consume your good and nourishing food and still be within reason.

You are going to thrive here!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #23

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Cryssi, how is it going?

I wanted to add Gazpacho to the DD meals especially in the hot weather. Leave out the oil of course, and the bread if you want it to be really low cal.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Some things I used to like from low carb actually translate well to DDs. One super easy and filling combo is to microwave a Boca brand veggie burger (70 cals) and wrap in a low carb tortilla (45 cals). Add some mustard if you like. Filling, tasty, and easy for 115 cals.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaD
Stats: First time 300/190/160 10/24/2000
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Start JUDDD 6/25/12 254.5/220.5/200
mmmmm...that sounds good Chris

I think I will try the Boca burger with one of my everything bagel thins...that would be 70+110....for a 180 cal. meal. yum! add a LC cheese and it would be 220...to me better than a frozen meal.
LindaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

I use the vegan boca burger(70), fry/steam up in a pan, break into pieces and pour egg beaters(60) over, cover to make an omelet. Top with 1/4 cup salsa(40). Lots of protein, fills the corners for a long time, so tasty with the salsa. Sometimes I will do just 1/4 cup egg substitute to decrease cals, but I now have learned I need the protein in the a.m. to get me through my more intense workout days.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Plan on starting JUDDD tomorrow!!! That is, my first DD! Will be stopping by Walmart to stock up on what I want to eat, plus some extra goodies for tonight. Here's my thinking for tomorrow:

B: LF yogurt with strawberries
Coffee with HWC/unsweetened Almond milk mixed

Lunch: Lean Cuisine, and something?

Snack: 3 low cal crackers with Laughing Cow cheese (1 triangle)
Baby carrots with low cal Ranch

Dinner: Chicken breast cooked with Pam, lemon juice, seasonings (how to make bf's chicken tasty if he balks at this, lol?)
Steamed cabbage with onions

Snack: Low calorie popsicle

How do the calories add up here?? Going to put it in ******!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #28

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sounds good, I made lots of homemade low cal vegetable soups when I started. Great to have on hand and can be frozen into pre measured portions.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Too much!!! Not sure how I'm going to be able to cut down to 500 calories.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #30

Many of us wait until later in the day to eat if possible. I usually skip breakfast, have a small Wendy's chili (210) for lunch, then fish or chicken breast with veggies for dinner. If I'm hungry and want breakfast, I'll usually have fat free Greek yogurt (Dannon Oikos is 120 calories for a full cup and lots of protein) and I either mix it with just liquid Splenda or Mio water enhancer for flavor.