Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Well my feet have shrunk, but dang, not that much! Also, when I was measured at 5'10" I weighed around 175, so I think I've actually shrunk. Although that was in the mid '90s and my hair was bigger then. Maybe they measured me with the poof thing going on.
Lol on the poof!
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
I am 5'10 and right now at 184. I was a skinny kid and athletic teen also playing many sports in high school. In high school I was shorter I started 9th grade at 5'7 and 118 lbs. Beanpole city! After I started playing sports I went up to 130 and weighed soooo much more than my friends but knew I wasn't fat at all! After school I stopped playing sports and went up to about 165 probably. I didn't weigh myself much back then. I basically ate hardly anything and got down to 140. At 21 I got pregnant with my daughter and was 200lbs on the day I went in to delivery! Lost 20 right away and started low fat and the gym and lost 20 after a year of deprivation. So was still puffy and out of shape at 160. I really gained so much water weight with her I was puffy for almost 7 years after I had her. I did atkins with my mom and lost all of the weight. Looked and felt great. Got pregnant with my son and got up to 187 with him but didn't look big or fat just had a basketball. Lost weight after without doing anything at all. It fell off. By the time he was 3 I gained back up to 179. Did atkins again and got down to 147 in 4 months. So eventually 2 years or so later I am to the present I had carb creep, a divorce , moving around and a bf who loves to cook so got up to 194. I am glad I am on my way and it was really funny how so many of us have so many things in common. I am glad I am tall now
Wow! You absolutely must have been a beanpole at 5'7" and 118! But, a very cute beanpole I'm sure. Glad you are here and we are all on our way together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
How/why did you choose the goal weight for you?
140-kind of arbitrary-a bit higher than my lowest whilst I've been an adult. I look pretty good now at 155, and may stop at a higher number. Don't want to look too thin, and wrinkles show more, too...

Have you always struggled with your weight?
Thin as a little kid; had tonsils out at age 5 and started to eat, and by age 10 when my father died, started to put on weight. Did the usual teenage diets of the early 60's-mostly low cal, although I remember my "ice cream sandwich for lunch" diet... lost weight, gained weight, etc. Never able to maintain the loss.

Throughout your life, when you wanted to lose weight, did you do low carb or some other WOE?
Low cal mostly, did WW twice with success but gained most back. Started low carb in 2003 after having lost 62 pounds on WW and unable to lose more. Stayed with it till this year, when I started JUDDD.

Like me, did things that worked years ago stop working at some time during your life?

Yes, I think low carb stopped working for me, or maybe I stopped working it. I missed BREAD!! And refused to see it as evil...

How did you find or hear about JUDD?
Beeb's post in the main LC lobby. THANKS!!

Did you ever wish you were shorter?
I'll never forget 8th grade dance class when Kurt asked me to dance and his eyes and head followed me as I stood up to tower over him. That was the hardest part. Most of the boys caught up with me over summer break before high school...

Other than that, I have been glad to be tall. I am well proportioned (well, I'd like more boobage but they don't sag...) and when in shape have been called "long and lean" (sigh).

I am 5'7.5" (I always thought I was 5'8") and was the tallest daughter in my family, but am the shortest in my family now. DH is 6'3" (yes, that is one of the reasons I married him). My daughters are 5'9.5" and 5'10.5" and I have always told them how great it is to be tall and both of them are happy to be tall. They love their stillettos!

Remember, tall people can EAT more, and my gyno says that since our bones have to carry more weight, we are less prone to osteoporosis. She says I have the bones of a 20 year old!!
Now that is a great reason to love being tall!

Ice cream sandwich for lunch diet.

I know what you mean about missing bread on LC! I missed salads and veggies and so many things.

I also never had the feeling that it would work long term in the past 8 years because it just was not working at all any more. Glad I have more confidence now.

Wowzers. With a 6'3" DH you can definitely wear those high, high heels! My DH is 5'10" so he was glad when I started wearing flats all the time.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I just read this wonderful thread. What a wonderful group of tall glamour girls you are.

I would, however, like you to know that I am seriously sulking because I am a shorty. My mother was 4'11" so I should be thankful.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote