Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Answering the questions.

Don't you think it's amazing that we have so many tall-ish Budds?? Yep I think it's great!

How/why did you choose the goal weight for you? I based it on where I've been before minus a few lbs. I'd be perfectly happy at 162 though.

Have you always struggled with your weight? Not struggled so much as constantly vigilant. My friends could eat anything while I was constantly watching what I ate and excercising to burn indulgences.

Throughout your life, when you wanted to lose weight, did you do low carb or some other WOE? It was mostly low fat, big breakfast, medium lunch and very light dinner. Not much snacking. No fast food (don't care for it), no soda (don't like it). And, exercise. I worked out at least 4 days a week.

Like me, did things that worked years ago stop working at some time during your life? Yep, once I turned 49, nothing worked any more. I stopped eating dinner with hubby and started working out again. But I can't exercise like I used to. And, I tend toward carbs and fat combos (popcorn, cookies, chocolate, tuna salad sandwiches). I've also adopted hubby's potato chip habit. I can gan very quickly now. I don't have a desire for healthy food when I'm stressed. I crave sugar and carbs. It seems to be self sabotage. I just don't get it.

How did you find or hear about JUDD? I was on an HCG board where someone talked about JUDDD and posted a link to this forum.

Did you ever wish you were shorter? Yep. The day in grade school when I had to square dance with the teacher because all the boys were shorter than me. Otherwise, I've enjoyed being tall. I wear 2-3" heels at most. I like the feeling of being able to look over a crowd.

Last edited by aarosali; 07-30-2012 at 07:48 PM..
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I'm 5'7" and wanted to be taller...about 5'10.
I started taking dance classes when I was young--
not serious ballet training or anything, but dance was just a part of our life.
(My mom was in a Mexican Folkloric Dance and modern dance company
when I was little...I was always hanging out at dance studios.
In fact if I won the lottery and could have a business just for fun,
I'd open a dance studio and study flamenco for the rest of my life.)
I had a few dance instructors tell me that my legs are short,
that I didn't have good "lines" for a dancer...
I also modeled for art classes for about 15 years, and I know that I'm 6-1/2 heads high...
(ETA: 7-7.5 is average, 8 is "ideal")
if either my head was smaller or my legs were 3" longer, I'd be in better proportion!!!

I never considered myself very tall, but when I've worked in kitchens with other ladies, they could never reach stuff that I'd put away!
You know you're tallish when everybody asks you to get stuff off the shelves for them!

I was 5'1 and 100lbs in 7th grade; by the end of 8th grade I was 5'7 and 135. Not "skinny" but muscular. Did lots of sports in high school--volleyball, basketball, martial arts.
Swam & played tennis & rode my bike & went sailing with my friends.

Stayed around 130-135 for a few years. Got down to 128 at one point, after being vegan for 2 years and going through a bad break-up.
(ETA: Everyone told me I looked too skinny & bony at that weight. It wasn't on purpose.)
Weighed 143 shortly before getting pregnant at age 21...went up to 186 during pregnancy.

Couldn't seem to lose those last 10-15lbs after giving birth, and felt horrifically fat and disgusting at 155-160. (!!!Dummy!!!) At this point, I had still never owned a scale, but over the next few years I seemed to stay around 170-180. Still felt disgusting. My avatar photo was taken around this time. Oh, what was I thinking! I did not look that bad!!!

In summer 2006, my weight crept up to 200 (I had a very stressful job cooking for 120 people every day). Then my boyfriend died. I literally didn't eat a bite of food or have anything but water for 7 days...crying so much I threw up all the time...threw up if I smelled any food, even coffee...lost 7lbs...but then started eating again, lots of Cheetos, barely slept for 5 months, grandma died too, started taking antidepressants...weight quickly went up to 240. Stayed there a while, lost a few pounds on WW, got sick of WW, went up to 270. Stayed there a while, lost my job & dad died, went up *almost* to 300.

I didn't mean to go into my whole story right now, but this photo of me popped up on my Facebook today. I was NOT a chubby child!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flip.jpg (30.8 KB, 17 views)
New lows, 2014:
7/27 275.4

Last edited by piratejenny; 07-30-2012 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: pic, ETA
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mom....me....me....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jalisco.jpg (47.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg june.jpg (22.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg bykim.jpg (82.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Jenny,
You have been through so much in such a short time and I just want to give you a big hug. I can't imagine suffering as you have with losing so many loved ones. I think you are beautiful and I hope you are starting to heal from so much tragedy.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Now Yam Yam. My Mother was 40 when I was born and I was 40 when DS was born. And I think I relate just fine with DS. And I did alright with my mother too. Only had one brother and he was 2 1/2 years older.
I was always thin growing up and left for college at a whopping 100 pounds. Thankfully I gained 20 pounds my freshman year and remained at that weight for the next almost 20 years. Crept up to 130 before DS was born. HE is the reason I have been battling fat for the past 23 years.
I am 5'7" which isn't tall but I am so much taller than a lot of people I guess it puts me a tad above average height.
I wonder if part of it was that I was number 9 (NINE) in a line up of 10 (TEN) single births for my mother (she had several miscarriages in between as well). One day when I was about 47 years old I was keeping my two baby grand daughters for a week while DD and her DH went to Paris for a much needed and deserved vacation.

I was just exhausted and all of a sudden I had such an appreciation for my mother. I was thinking that she still had 6 of us kids at home when she was 47. Several were teenagers going through a tough time. I was a toddler, she had a new born -- my little brother -- AND she was an involved grandmother who was called upon for help quite frequently including when new grand babies were born!!! How in the world did she do it???

For sure I couldn't have! So, Adi, I salute you and your Mom and....all Moms!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-30-2012 at 08:18 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Sheridan: Honey!! I loved reading your "book"! I savored every word. There was one phrase that almost made me cry. When you said "becoming unrecognizable", OMGosh! Not only did I feel your pain for YOU but I so relate to that phrase!

At 230 I would see pictures of myself from not that many years past. Then I would be brushing my teeth or my hair and looking in the mirror and say "who are you???"

And, it didn't have as much to do with getting older. It was all about the extra weight distorting my face!!!!! I inherited my mother's skin and lack of wrinkles so far. (fingers crossed). So, the only reason for me looking so old was all the extra lard on my body. It was making me tired and old and re-shaping everything in bad ways.

Thank you, thank you for taking time to share your wonderful story!! It's amazing that you instinctively knew how to do IF when you were younger. No wonder you feel like coming to JUDD was coming home. You are a precious inspiration and lovely JUDD BUDD!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Sheridan: One more thing. Thanks for pointing out the difference in your frame and your Mom's frame. It does really make a difference, doesn't it? My niece (twin one) has a very small frame. She is very tall (as I said before, 6'1") but has teeny-tiny wrists, small feet, narrow shoulders. The same size dress fits each of us veeeeerrrrrry differently!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Sunday: to you, my dear JUDD BUDD! It is amazing how unique our stories all are. Thank you so much for sharing yours. I can see what you mean about not having to watch what you ate before has become detrimental. You remind me so much of my sister who is 2 years older than me.

I was so jealous of her when we were younger. She is stunningly beautiful with huge blue eyes and blond hair. I have/had boring brown eyes and sort of a dishwater brown hair. She was tall and naturally thin and could eat everything and anything and not gain an ounce. I was shorter than her by about 6 inches when we were in high school. I was "meatball", remember? Any time I even smelled food I swear I would gain weight and split my already too tight skirts.

She never dieted a day in her life. Now, after raising her 4 children and going through menopause, the weight has come a'calling. I had to diet and work out like a maniac all my life to keep my weight in check. I can count calories in my sleep.

She is at a loss as to how to deal with this problem right now. She knows she needs to do something but does not know what to do.

Anyway, that was a long way to say I appreciated your story so much! I'm so glad you found JUDD. You have done so well already and I know you are going to reach your goals.

BTW: What's up with some BMI charts having different numbers than others????? Don't you think there should be an "industry standard" as they say in the telecom business??

Anyways, Just sayin' I love you my BUDDy!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow. I have to compose myself now. Did I tell you all that I love this thread? I know I did but I'm saying it again.

Rose and Jenny: Just read your stories and I am so moved. I'll be back in a bit to chat some more.

You are all just becoming so dear to me!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Sheridan: Honey!! I loved reading your "book"! I savored every word. There was one phrase that almost made me cry. When you said "becoming unrecognizable", OMGosh! Not only did I feel your pain for YOU but I so relate to that phrase!

At 230 I would see pictures of myself from not that many years past. Then I would be brushing my teeth or my hair and looking in the mirror and say "who are you???"
Yes. It was like the flip side of your recent experience of catching a glimpse of yourself in a window and wondering "who" that slim person is, and being elated when it dawned on you that it was indeed YOU.

Quote:
And, it didn't have as much to do with getting older. It was all about the extra weight distorting my face!!!!! I inherited my mother's skin and lack of wrinkles so far. (fingers crossed). So, the only reason for me looking so old was all the extra lard on my body. It was making me tired and old and re-shaping everything in bad ways.
Again, yes. I inherited more of my dad's genetic side of the family with regard to wrinkles or the lack thereof. It was the "jowly", very full-face look that I didn't recognize. I did, unfortunately, receive the full "blessing" of genetic dark circles and thinning hair as I age from my mother and her side.

Quote:
Sheridan: One more thing. Thanks for pointing out the difference in your frame and your Mom's frame. It does really make a difference, doesn't it? My niece (twin one) has a very small frame. She is very tall (as I said before, 6'1") but has teeny-tiny wrists, small feet, narrow shoulders. The same size dress fits each of us veeeeerrrrrry differently!
It was genuinely shocking to both of us when I tried on that dress and it was too big. Her proportions - even at almost the same height and at the same exact weight - made that dress at least one size too big for me.

Last edited by Sheridan; 07-30-2012 at 09:53 PM..
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
How/why did you choose the goal weight for you?

I had always been between 140 and 147 pounds until I had my son so I know that weight looks best on me - or up to a stone lighter.

Have you always struggled with your weight?

No. I was slim naturally until I became hyperthyroid when I was 28. I went on pills to suppress the thyroxine and I got fat - adding around 30 pounds that wouldn't shift. Once I was off the drugs I went on Atkins and the weight poured off me inside 9 months until I was at an all time adult low of 9 stone 3lbs. I felt incredible. It was like being superman suddenly dropping all the weight.

I kept it off - creeping up a few pounds but still slim, until I had my son. After that I found I had got that extra 30lbs back again. I lost it with Atkins inside the year. However I was now in my forties and had been 30lbs over weight twice and I think your body "remembers" that high weight. After 5 years the weight came back on - the same 30lbs. I admit I had been eating freely but I had been a candy and pop hunger monster in childhood and never had a problem. So something had changed.

Just before my 50's I decided to act and Atkins again got the weight off. This time it was harder but life got extra complicated in a good way and I lost the last stone in record time and looked great. Back to "me". Again I kept it off for a few years. After menopause started I've put that 30lbs back on again. I'm doing BHRT and feeling healthy but it's harder to shift the weight now. Maybe I just lack enthusiasm? I'm getting there though. I think there is something in eating with my menfolk. You end up cooking and eating more. If I have a week alone I can stick to the plan and lose a lot.

Throughout your life, when you wanted to lose weight, did you do low carb or some other WOE?

Atkins. He is my guru. Before I found him I tried the low fat diets around (remember the F Plan?) but I'd end up binging. I feel good on low carb.

How did you find or hear about JUDD?

Via Googling low carb forums and I discovered this WOE

Did you ever wish you were shorter?

No. I love being tall. The only time it felt awkward was when I had a 5 foot 8 boyfriend. I spent a year in flats!

I so understand that feeling of not looking like "me". It's freaky and I get it bad because I tend to put weight on my face more than some. Basically, until I am in the 10 stone range I am unrecognisable. Once those jowls start to build I lose my pretty face. It's an incentive to get to a low weight instead of holding at where I am now. Plus I so enjoy that feather light feeling of being able to float off the floor instead of grunting and straining to get up. I work out to help with that ease of movement.

What I find I have to remember is that a size 10 on a tall big frame is as skinny as an 8 on someone of normal size. I'm in size 14 right now and looking ok really- but for norms, that would be frumpy. My worst thing is my hands. I have to wear men's rings and can never buy bangles. Makes me feel a right freak!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Just dropping in and reading all your tall stories. From a shortie (5'4") - I can say I am very envious of tall women, their graceful looks and all the clothes they can wear. Not to mention the larger calorie allotment!!! Enjoy!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosali View Post
Awesome thread, thanks Yam Yam!!

I was chubby until I started a major growth spurt and sprouted to 5'9" in grade school. One day the mirror was too low in the bathroom. I complained, 'who moved the mirror?" Ha! Then, I was a normal weight. Not thin. I gained a bit in college and lost it again. And stayed at around 162 for most of my adult life. I worked out a lot and that helped to keep me on track. But, I was always 'watching my weight'. I never had the freedom to eat what I wanted. And, I had no idea about eating healthy. I simply preferred uncomplicated foods and didn't eat out much.

Then I got married, tried to get pregnant and failed over 6 years. The pounds came on with all the meds that I was taking, lack of exercise and stress. Hubby eats dinner. I was never a dinner eater. I tended to have a sandwich for dinner, or chips and salsa, or cheese and crackers. Always something light. Hubby wanted full meals. His metabolism is very high. I packed on the lbs trying to eat with him.

I found the HCG diet while trying to get pregnant and over 3 rounds lost all the weight. I got down to 159 which looks really thin on my frame. But, did not allow myself to maintan that loss. I've been gaining and losing the same 20 lbs now for 2 years.

Sure, my height allows me to look good. But I know what's possible and have clothes in the closet to back that up. I'm really hoping that JUDDD over time will help tame my appetite and eating habits to where I can lose the 13 lbs that I need to lose to get back to my lowest weight.

Thanks for sharing your stories JUDDD BUDDDs!!
Yes! Awesome thread with so many great stories that I love reading! OMGosh! Who moved the mirror! I really laughed at that one!

I'm so sorry you experienced the infertility problems. My DD went through 14 years of painful injections and infertility treatments. Some how at the 13 year mark she finally conceived. She lost 3 babies in one year. It was so hard. Finally after 14 years a miracle happened and now we have our little 3 year old miracle boy. I always tell her she had a 14 year labor. Her weight went up and down and up and down and it all was such a struggle. I just want to give you a big and lots of .

I hear ya on gaining and losing the same 20 pounds. That was my story during menopause. It was horrible. Now, with JUDD and the big M gone, this is the longest I've kept off a significant loss in 7 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosali View Post
Answering the questions.

Don't you think it's amazing that we have so many tall-ish Budds?? Yep I think it's great!

How/why did you choose the goal weight for you? I based it on where I've been before minus a few lbs. I'd be perfectly happy at 162 though.

Have you always struggled with your weight? Not struggled so much as constantly vigilant. My friends could eat anything while I was constantly watching what I ate and excercising to burn indulgences.

Throughout your life, when you wanted to lose weight, did you do low carb or some other WOE? It was mostly low fat, big breakfast, medium lunch and very light dinner. Not much snacking. No fast food (don't care for it), no soda (don't like it). And, exercise. I worked out at least 4 days a week.

Like me, did things that worked years ago stop working at some time during your life? Yep, once I turned 49, nothing worked any more. I stopped eating dinner with hubby and started working out again. But I can't exercise like I used to. And, I tend toward carbs and fat combos (popcorn, cookies, chocolate, tuna salad sandwiches). I've also adopted hubby's potato chip habit. I can gan very quickly now. I don't have a desire for healthy food when I'm stressed. I crave sugar and carbs. It seems to be self sabotage. I just don't get it.

How did you find or hear about JUDD? I was on an HCG board where someone talked about JUDDD and posted a link to this forum.

Did you ever wish you were shorter? Yep. The day in grade school when I had to square dance with the teacher because all the boys were shorter than me. Otherwise, I've enjoyed being tall. I wear 2-3" heels at most. I like the feeling of being able to look over a crowd.
It's great that you KNOW you would be fine with 162 and you look awesome already, I'm sure. But, it gives you that leeway and you can see how far you can go, right?

I think so many of us women identify with hitting that 49 years mark and then realizing things are sooooo different. The metabolism definitely changes and our hormones just get plain weird and messed up.

I feel like genetics has something to do with it as well. Like I said, my mother was thin all her life. She worked at it for sure and my hat is off to her for having 10 children and always getting the baby weight off. But then when she went through meno, the weight piled on. She was so stressed out about it and tortured herself with weird diets and long fasts. She was not a big water drinker. I remember her having horrible, horrible leg cramps. Now I know she probably had a mineral deficiency. When her hormone crazies were finally over, the weight came back off. During my whacky hormone years I hoped that would eventually be true for me as well. Still praying I can keep off what's gone and still lose more.

I probably want to get to 169 and beyond. But for right now, I'm going to focus on keeping off lost pounds and getting to that magic (for me) 180-183 range. Getting close!!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I reading everyone's stories! I relate to them all so much! When I gained weight, I totally became unrecognizable - my face got so fat! I didnt' look like myself and it freaked me out. I'm always jealous of those women who gain a few pounds, but you can't tell in their faces at all.

I am really trying to find a way to STOP the up/down/up/down cycle forever. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the struggle. I made a decision that I was going to learn how to eat properly for me AND be able to maintain a healthy weight. I need to let go of what weights I want to be or have been... I am focusing on what is healthy and maintainable. I just want to learn to live without the fear of food anymore.

Last edited by DD80; 07-31-2012 at 08:29 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:32 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
mom....me....me....
Beautiful mom! Beautiful YOU!!! How awesome to be a model. Now that's a testament to your gorgeousness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I'm 5'7" and wanted to be taller...about 5'10.
I started taking dance classes when I was young--
not serious ballet training or anything, but dance was just a part of our life.
(My mom was in a Mexican Folkloric Dance and modern dance company
when I was little...I was always hanging out at dance studios.
In fact if I won the lottery and could have a business just for fun,
I'd open a dance studio and study flamenco for the rest of my life.)
I had a few dance instructors tell me that my legs are short,
that I didn't have good "lines" for a dancer...
I also modeled for art classes for about 15 years, and I know that I'm 6-1/2 heads high...
(ETA: 7-7.5 is average, 8 is "ideal")
if either my head was smaller or my legs were 3" longer, I'd be in better proportion!!!

I never considered myself very tall, but when I've worked in kitchens with other ladies, they could never reach stuff that I'd put away!
You know you're tallish when everybody asks you to get stuff off the shelves for them!

I was 5'1 and 100lbs in 7th grade; by the end of 8th grade I was 5'7 and 135. Not "skinny" but muscular. Did lots of sports in high school--volleyball, basketball, martial arts.
Swam & played tennis & rode my bike & went sailing with my friends.

Stayed around 130-135 for a few years. Got down to 128 at one point, after being vegan for 2 years and going through a bad break-up.
(ETA: Everyone told me I looked too skinny & bony at that weight. It wasn't on purpose.)
Weighed 143 shortly before getting pregnant at age 21...went up to 186 during pregnancy.

Couldn't seem to lose those last 10-15lbs after giving birth, and felt horrifically fat and disgusting at 155-160. (!!!Dummy!!!) At this point, I had still never owned a scale, but over the next few years I seemed to stay around 170-180. Still felt disgusting. My avatar photo was taken around this time. Oh, what was I thinking! I did not look that bad!!!

In summer 2006, my weight crept up to 200 (I had a very stressful job cooking for 120 people every day). Then my boyfriend died. I literally didn't eat a bite of food or have anything but water for 7 days...crying so much I threw up all the time...threw up if I smelled any food, even coffee...lost 7lbs...but then started eating again, lots of Cheetos, barely slept for 5 months, grandma died too, started taking antidepressants...weight quickly went up to 240. Stayed there a while, lost a few pounds on WW, got sick of WW, went up to 270. Stayed there a while, lost my job & dad died, went up *almost* to 300.

I didn't mean to go into my whole story right now, but this photo of me popped up on my Facebook today. I was NOT a chubby child!!!
PJ: You were a beautiful, beautiful child! And, you are a beautiful woman! Love your Avatar photo. It's so darling and yes, you were thin and didn't realize it. When I look back at some of my younger years photos and remember that I thought I was fat, I wonder what the heck was wrong with me mentally and why would I have thought that?

Well, I learn something new every day! Had no idea about all that "in proportion" stuff. Smaller head and longer legs, huh? Did you ever notice that Vanna White has a huge head and very narrow shoulders? So does Pat Sayjack and other TV anchors. What is up with that? I look at them and wonder how their tiny bodies can support their huge heads?

That picture of you as a child is nothing short of adorable. Your joyful, light spirit comes through in your photos.

I am so sorry for all you have gone through and the loss of loved ones. There used to be a popular bumber sticker that said "Life is hard and then you die." I told hubby that's not entirely true. The truth is, "Life is hard. Then it gets harder. Then it gets really, really hard. Then you get to die."

I'm going through a season of losing loved ones. It has come in waves. Sometimes I have to let those waves wash over me and I sink down.

I hope you know how much we love and appreciate you, Jenny. You always give us so much of yourself and your depth of knowledge and wisdom just seems endless!

Thank you for taking time to share your story and also the lovely pictures!! I so love the one of your Mexican Folklore dancer mommy!!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-31-2012 at 08:34 AM..
Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Just dropping in and reading all your tall stories. From a shortie (5'4") - I can say I am very envious of tall women, their graceful looks and all the clothes they can wear. Not to mention the larger calorie allotment!!! Enjoy!
T.J.: That is definitely something I have appreciated over the years!!! Thanks for reminding me!

BTW: Would love to hear your story as well! Feel free to jump in and share. I wanted this to be for any JUDD BUDDS who wanted to join in and getting Tall girls here was a good jumping off point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post

I had always been between 140 and 147 pounds until I had my son so I know that weight looks best on me - or up to a stone lighter.

No. I was slim naturally until I became hyperthyroid when I was 28. I went on pills to suppress the thyroxine and I got fat - adding around 30 pounds that wouldn't shift. Once I was off the drugs I went on Atkins and the weight poured off me inside 9 months until I was at an all time adult low of 9 stone 3lbs. I felt incredible. It was like being superman suddenly dropping all the weight.

I kept it off - creeping up a few pounds but still slim, until I had my son. After that I found I had got that extra 30lbs back again. I lost it with Atkins inside the year. However I was now in my forties and had been 30lbs over weight twice and I think your body "remembers" that high weight. After 5 years the weight came back on - the same 30lbs. I admit I had been eating freely but I had been a candy and pop hunger monster in childhood and never had a problem. So something had changed.

Just before my 50's I decided to act and Atkins again got the weight off. This time it was harder but life got extra complicated in a good way and I lost the last stone in record time and looked great. Back to "me". Again I kept it off for a few years. After menopause started I've put that 30lbs back on again. I'm doing BHRT and feeling healthy but it's harder to shift the weight now. Maybe I just lack enthusiasm? I'm getting there though. I think there is something in eating with my menfolk. You end up cooking and eating more. If I have a week alone I can stick to the plan and lose a lot.

Throughout your life, when you wanted to lose weight, did you do low carb or some other WOE?

Atkins. He is my guru. Before I found him I tried the low fat diets around (remember the F Plan?) but I'd end up binging. I feel good on low carb.

Via Googling low carb forums and I discovered this WOE

No. I love being tall. The only time it felt awkward was when I had a 5 foot 8 boyfriend. I spent a year in flats!

I so understand that feeling of not looking like "me". It's freaky and I get it bad because I tend to put weight on my face more than some. Basically, until I am in the 10 stone range I am unrecognisable. Once those jowls start to build I lose my pretty face. It's an incentive to get to a low weight instead of holding at where I am now. Plus I so enjoy that feather light feeling of being able to float off the floor instead of grunting and straining to get up. I work out to help with that ease of movement.

What I find I have to remember is that a size 10 on a tall big frame is as skinny as an 8 on someone of normal size. I'm in size 14 right now and looking ok really- but for norms, that would be frumpy. My worst thing is my hands. I have to wear men's rings and can never buy bangles. Makes me feel a right freak!
Star: You do NOT lack enthusiasm! I'm so impressed that every time you put on weight you were able, through determination, to get it off and you persevered. Menopause does strange things to our bodies. It was my weirdest time of life when I was not "me" at all. My doctor is a lovely woman and she didn't put weight on during meno, but now that she is past it the weight is piling on. She is not un-discilined. Quite the opposite. But boy, is she having a struggle. It proves to me that the hormonal changes are real and can very well affect our weight.

It's true what you said about sizes. My BFF and I went shopping together in January. She has lost 75 pounds and has 30 more to go but she is about 5'2" while I am 5'9". We were in the same dressing room and tried on the same pair of size 12 pants. (I bought them. They are the "bling" capris I took a picture of and put on my profile page. )

She did not like at all how they made her hips look really wide and they were actually super tight and she had a muffin top. They fit me fine. Same size, different height. Totally different fit.

I'm glad you are here and JUDDing and reaching your goals! Glad you love being tall! I like it more now that I'm older.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How awesome to be a model. Now that's a testament to your gorgeousness!
Thank you! It is a pretty fun job! I haven't done it for a couple years but am thinking of getting back into it (since I can't seem to find any other jobs, anyway! ).

Honestly, though, you don't have to be gorgeous to be a life model. The best models (a) show up and (b) are good at sitting still.

Quote:
PJ: You were a beautiful, beautiful child! And, you are a beautiful woman! Love your Avatar photo. It's so darling and yes, you were thin and didn't realize it. When I look back at some of my younger years photos and remember that I thought I was fat, I wonder what the heck was wrong with me mentally and why would I have thought that?

I am so sorry for all you have gone through and the loss of loved ones. There used to be a popular bumper sticker that said "Life is hard and then you die." I told hubby that's not entirely true. The truth is, "Life is hard. Then it gets harder. Then it gets really, really hard. Then you get to die."

I'm going through a season of losing loved ones. It has come in waves. Sometimes I have to let those waves wash over me and I sink down.

I hope you know how much we love and appreciate you, Jenny. You always give us so much of yourself and your depth of knowledge and wisdom just seems endless!

Thank you for taking time to share your story and also the lovely pictures!! I so love the one of your Mexican Folklore dancer mommy!!
Thank YOU, Yammy, for putting so much into this thread...not just into your reply to me, but to everyone! I'm sorry I didn't get around to thanking you yesterday...this thread was a bit intense, you know? I didn't want my reply to be too short. I still can't think of much to say, though...it's a bit overwhelming.

to you for your losses. I'm so sorry.

And, yeah, I totally agree with your bumper sticker revision!
I love all the old spiritual songs about death being something to look forward to--"I'll Fly Away", "Glory, Glory (Lay My Burden Down)"; or being reunited with loved ones--"Will the Circle Be Unbroken", "Far Side Banks of Jordan". (Even though I'm not Christian!)
Old 08-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
I reading everyone's stories! I relate to them all so much! When I gained weight, I totally became unrecognizable - my face got so fat! I didnt' look like myself and it freaked me out. I'm always jealous of those women who gain a few pounds, but you can't tell in their faces at all.

I am really trying to find a way to STOP the up/down/up/down cycle forever. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the struggle. I made a decision that I was going to learn how to eat properly for me AND be able to maintain a healthy weight. I need to let go of what weights I want to be or have been... I am focusing on what is healthy and maintainable. I just want to learn to live without the fear of food anymore.
!!!

Speaking of the face thing, I so know what you mean! I do not like looking like a puffy cheeked chipmunk.

Did you ever watch "Ruby" on the Style network? Gosh, whatever happened to her? I don't even know if she has a show any more. Anyway, what I wanted to say about her is that she has such a slim, beautiful face! She never had an extra chin (like I did) and she has a long, slender neck no matter what she weighs.

For me, when I gain, I gain everywhere. I swear my ears even get fatter!!!

I love your last two sentences about letting go of the fear of food and letting go of obsessing with a number on the scale. Being healthy is so much more than all of that for sure!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

P.J. I love those songs, too. Now you got me singing hymns. One of my favorites is "And Can it Be?" and my favorite part is: "My chains fell off, my heart was free, I rose, went forth and followed Thee"

Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

’Tis mystery all: th’Immortal dies:
Who can explore His strange design?
In vain the firstborn seraph tries
To sound the depths of love divine.
’Tis mercy all! Let earth adore,
Let angel minds inquire no more.
’Tis mercy all! Let earth adore;
Let angel minds inquire no more.

He left His Father’s throne above
So free, so infinite His grace—
Emptied Himself of all but love,
And bled for Adam’s helpless race:
’Tis mercy all, immense and free,
For O my God, it found out me!
’Tis mercy all, immense and free,
For O my God, it found out me!

Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
Fast bound in sin and nature’s night;
Thine eye diffused a quickening ray—
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.

No condemnation now I dread;
Jesus, and all in Him, is mine;
Alive in Him, my living Head,
And clothed in righteousness divine,
Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
"

That's definitely a song I want everyone to sing at my funeral!!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 08-01-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Old 08-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Sunday: I love your new avatar!!! Just saw it and it gave me such a laugh!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for sharing that, Yam-Yam.

I'm most familiar with bluegrass/old-timey versions of all the songs I mentioned.
Doc Watson!!!
At one bluegrass festival I've gone to many times, the "host band" always does a gospel set on Sunday morning. Do you know the song "Touch the Hem of His Garment"?
At another festival, I got to see The Harlem Gospel Choir!!!

I remember that I first heard "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" when I was very little, and I just cried & cried. I didn't understand the words at all, but certain types of music really move me. I tried singing in a choir once, and I couldn't, because I kept crying!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

P.J. You and I must be twins separated at birth!

When I was little we did not own a TV yet. In our living room all we had was a big old oak floor model radio. (remember those? -maybe you are not old enough!) And there were a couple of chairs.

I have memories of lying on floor doing twirls on my back, wearing one of my mother's long, wide skirts, and my old, old grandpa sitting in the chair closest to the radio. He loved beautiful orchestral music. "Beautiful Dreamer" started playing and I just wept and wept. Unfortunately my mother came into the room and snapped, "What are you crying about? Stop it now or I'll give you something to cry about!" But I couldn't stop weeping. I told her the music was just so pretty and my grandpa told her to leave me alone. What a funny memory, huh?

Recently we sang the National Anthem in front of the flag at our town's annual parade and at our last VFW/Ladies' auxillary meeting and I couldn't sing because I was crying.

"Great is Thy Faithfulness" and "It is Well With My Soul" make me cry, too.

Oh and Fanny Crosby's song, "Blessed Assurance", especially:

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
angels descending bring from above
echoes of mercy, whispers of love

Knowing that Fanny was blinded shortly after birth it touches me so that she would write that verse that way. Love it!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
Don't you think it's amazing that we have so many tall-ish Budds?? I hadn't noticed!

One thing I've noticed is that I see some 5'10" gals with goal weight way less than mine. Sometimes I feel embarrassed about only wanting to get to 180, although I know that could change with I finally get back there. I probably will want to get lower. But for now, I just want to get back there! I feel the same with my goal of 170... I'll re-evaluate when I'm there if I want to lose more. I might not want to lose further simply because the excess skin is starting to become really noticeable.

How/why did you choose the goal weight for you? It is the first step into "normal" weight on the BMI charts.

Have you always struggled with your weight? I have never, ever, ever, ever been a normal weight. So yes.

Throughout your life, when you wanted to lose weight, did you do low carb or some other WOE? Like me, did things that worked years ago stop working at some time during your life? Weight watchers worked when I was a teen/ young adult but the loss was so slow, the money felt wasted and eventually I always gave up. Then low calorie no longer worked. Low carb only worked for 50 pounds. HCG and fat fasting got me past the next hurdle but I just can't wrap my head around yet another entire month of steel willpower and deprivation. I like food, darn it! JUDDD is a compromise. If it works- hurrah! If I just maintain- well... maintaining is winning. I'll have to add in some fat fasting or a round of HCG once in awhile when motivation is high.

How did you find or hear about JUDDD? On here! I've lurked here for YEARS...

Did you ever wish you were shorter? I did for a long time, but now I embrace my height. Heck, no. I can eat more than shorter people! I do wish my husband was 2 inches taller though.
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
I am 5'10 and right now at 184. I was a skinny kid and athletic teen also playing many sports in high school. In high school I was shorter I started 9th grade at 5'7 and 118 lbs. Beanpole city! After I started playing sports I went up to 130 and weighed soooo much more than my friends but knew I wasn't fat at all! After school I stopped playing sports and went up to about 165 probably. I didn't weigh myself much back then. I basically ate hardly anything and got down to 140. At 21 I got pregnant with my daughter and was 200lbs on the day I went in to delivery! Lost 20 right away and started low fat and the gym and lost 20 after a year of deprivation. So was still puffy and out of shape at 160. I really gained so much water weight with her I was puffy for almost 7 years after I had her. I did atkins with my mom and lost all of the weight. Looked and felt great. Got pregnant with my son and got up to 187 with him but didn't look big or fat just had a basketball. Lost weight after without doing anything at all. It fell off. By the time he was 3 I gained back up to 179. Did atkins again and got down to 147 in 4 months. So eventually 2 years or so later I am to the present I had carb creep, a divorce , moving around and a bf who loves to cook so got up to 194. I am glad I am on my way and it was really funny how so many of us have so many things in common. I am glad I am tall now
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
140-kind of arbitrary-a bit higher than my lowest whilst I've been an adult. I look pretty good now at 155, and may stop at a higher number. Don't want to look too thin, and wrinkles show more, too...

Thin as a little kid; had tonsils out at age 5 and started to eat, and by age 10 when my father died, started to put on weight. Did the usual teenage diets of the early 60's-mostly low cal, although I remember my "ice cream sandwich for lunch" diet... lost weight, gained weight, etc. Never able to maintain the loss.

Low cal mostly, did WW twice with success but gained most back. Started low carb in 2003 after having lost 62 pounds on WW and unable to lose more. Stayed with it till this year, when I started JUDDD.

Like me, did things that worked years ago stop working at some time during your life?

Yes, I think low carb stopped working for me, or maybe I stopped working it. I missed BREAD!! And refused to see it as evil...

Beeb's post in the main LC lobby. THANKS!!

I'll never forget 8th grade dance class when Kurt asked me to dance and his eyes and head followed me as I stood up to tower over him. That was the hardest part. Most of the boys caught up with me over summer break before high school...

Other than that, I have been glad to be tall. I am well proportioned (well, I'd like more boobage but they don't sag...) and when in shape have been called "long and lean" (sigh).

I am 5'7.5" (I always thought I was 5'8") and was the tallest daughter in my family, but am the shortest in my family now. DH is 6'3" (yes, that is one of the reasons I married him). My daughters are 5'9.5" and 5'10.5" and I have always told them how great it is to be tall and both of them are happy to be tall. They love their stillettos!

Remember, tall people can EAT more, and my gyno says that since our bones have to carry more weight, we are less prone to osteoporosis. She says I have the bones of a 20 year old!!

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child

Last edited by Scotty; 08-01-2012 at 01:53 PM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #56
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I've SHRUNK! I had a gyno appt. this morning and asked them to measure me for grins and giggles. I'm 5'9" now. Uh, I thought the shrinking thing wasn't supposed to happen until later in life.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I've SHRUNK! I had a gyno appt. this morning and asked them to measure me for grins and giggles. I'm 5'9" now. Uh, I thought the shrinking thing wasn't supposed to happen until later in life.
I just reran my numbers through the calculator and it's a nominal difference--literally just a few calories, so I'm sticking to my 2000/500 at 25%. I'm usually closer to 400 on DDs at 20%, but give myself up to 600 or 30%. Whew! Thank goodness.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Now you have me wondering if, when we lose weight, we lose some from the top of our heads and the bottom of our feet. I'm not going to get my height measured right now because I was feeling so happy about the Cruise/HHS chart saying that @ 5'9" I can be at a healthy weight at 183!! I'm keeping that as my first goal weight for now. I AM 5'9" I AM. But I'm not going to check to see if losing 42 pounds has shrunk me.

Quote:
I just reran my numbers through the calculator and it's a nominal difference--literally just a few calories, so I'm sticking to my 2000/500 at 25%. I'm usually closer to 400 on DDs at 20%, but give myself up to 600 or 30%. Whew! Thank goodness.
I was playing around with my numbers today as well. Just checking out how much I can eat on DDs to be in maintenance mode during August. I might eat all the way up to 1000 every now and then. I'm only getting 1800 on UDs now. It had been a while since I checked my numbers on the calculator, so I've lost a few UD calories. Darn.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #59

Well my feet have shrunk, but dang, not that much! Also, when I was measured at 5'10" I weighed around 175, so I think I've actually shrunk. Although that was in the mid '90s and my hair was bigger then. Maybe they measured me with the poof thing going on.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pilates can help you regain your height...I had shrunk a bit, too, from 5'7" to 5'6.5"...did Pilates for a few months, and re-measured...I was almost 5'8"!

Btw, I meant to say that although I used to wish to be taller, 5'7" is great. Not freaky, but tall enough to reach stuff.