Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/174.8/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: August 2014
Just a little whinefest/pity party.....

Let the pity party begin:

I've gained 10 pounds since we got back from vacation 3 weeks ago, I've tried to jump back on JUDDD but with little or no motivation DDs are difficult to say the least. I seem to have no fight left in me I just say "screw it" and go overboard, I have been doing this to myself, no one else is to blame. I also resent having to go to Weight Watchers every week and see in flashing red exactly how no motivation is hurting me, weight wise and mentally. I really want to quit WW for a while to give me a mental break (my husband would tisk tisk me for sure, but since I'm paying for it he really can't say much, he just doesn't want to see me gain it all back....I don't want that either but I'm paying $14.00 per week to have someone weigh me!). I've also been sleeping VERY poorly worrying about my autistic son Zach (new school, new teacher, new aides this year...ugh!!). I was awake last night from 1:30 till 3:00!

Mentally I'm wrung out, I've been dealing with Zach and his seizures (he only has about 3 per week now, down from 4 per day!), and I've been on one diet or another for almost two years....up and down the weight goes, it almost feels like why bother, it will never stay off no matter what I do. I really thought JUDDD was the perfect WOE for me and it could be if the DDs were not so mentally challanging for me.

I think my plan for now will be 1500 per day to try and get back on track and will TRY to add in exercise, I feel that will do nothing but help. I just need to start and stick with something... i am not going to abandon JUDDD as I can really see the benefit, I just can't deal with it right now.

The good news is I'm starting DE as soon as my order comes in from Amazon, IF my husband remembers to order it for me! I've also restarted all my vitamins and take 2T of coconut oil per day.

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
First of all You have alot your goin thru and you are doing the best you can under those stressfull times.. I would sugest to go to the maintance level calories for DD like pehaps the 45 wtloss mode or even a little higher, so that way you can still eat and do the rotations but loss is very slow,, at most it can hold your weight where you are for now till you can get "life" a lil less stressfull,, Stress is a hard thing for the body to deal with, and you are a real trooper and i have faith that you will over come it all, let your WOE be simple with more to eat and less stress for this time in your life.. This is not a race its a journey and right now your journey is a little ruff. be kind to your self,, we love you and are here for any thing we can help with to make a journey a tad less stressfull and :hearts:
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I agree with Kimberly!

(((Becky))) Your life is pretty hectic and at the time, please try to be easy on yourself. We are our own harshest critics.

Also, dump WW. You have the $14 and you know where your motivation comes from.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becky, I can't remember if I told you about Theanine Serene w/ Relora. It wonderful for stress. If you have time, look it up on Amazon, they don't sell it on Netrition. It helps so much with sleep and general anxiety with stress.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)

I'm sorry life is overwhelming.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Becky, first:
Next: Life happens. Choose kindness to self above all else. When massively stressed, that kindness means turning to whatever helps. Sitcoms, friends, excellent cookies, chocolate boozy drinks, etc. There's no energy to climb to greater heights.
The key for me is to keep my spider senses open for the moment that this changes. For instance, at some point, reintroducing wee elements of JUDDD (slightly lighter alternate days, saving one trigger food for tomorrow, buying one kind of cookie instead of twelve) starts to feel more like relief than whatever relieved my stress yesterday. I feel so good making that choice (when I'm able), that I'll want to take another step in a day or two. Do you see what I mean? And you sort of creep your way toward lightness again.
Patience, Beck. You've got a big life to deal with, but lots of time and lots of friends and support whenever you need help or encouragement.
If this helps, yay. If it doesn't, ignore it COMPLETELY and do whatever gives you relief and hope. Lots of love here for you.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I agree that it may be worth going into maintance mode for a month or so and see how you feel.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Becky, first:
Next: Life happens. Choose kindness to self above all else. When massively stressed, that kindness means turning to whatever helps. Sitcoms, friends, excellent cookies, chocolate boozy drinks, etc. There's no energy to climb to greater heights.
The key for me is to keep my spider senses open for the moment that this changes. For instance, at some point, reintroducing wee elements of JUDDD (slightly lighter alternate days, saving one trigger food for tomorrow, buying one kind of cookie instead of twelve) starts to feel more like relief than whatever relieved my stress yesterday. I feel so good making that choice (when I'm able), that I'll want to take another step in a day or two. Do you see what I mean? And you sort of creep your way toward lightness again.
Patience, Beck. You've got a big life to deal with, but lots of time and lots of friends and support whenever you need help or encouragement.
If this helps, yay. If it doesn't, ignore it COMPLETELY and do whatever gives you relief and hope. Lots of love here for you.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

JOY! said it so well!

My son who is in school fulltime, was suffering from incredible insomnia. So much that it really worried me. I was concerned that he may be suffering some PTSD from serving in Afghanistan in 09. I researched for something to help him but not induce sleepiness, and learned that when we suffer with stress for long periods that it makes our adrenals & cortisol all wacky. I started him on the L-Theanine Serene back in Jan, twice per day. He said he completely resolved the insomnia in a couple of days, instant relief.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
JOY! said it so well!

My son who is in school fulltime, was suffering from incredible insomnia. So much that it really worried me. I was concerned that he may be suffering some PTSD from serving in Afghanistan in 09. I researched for something to help him but not induce sleepiness, and learned that when we suffer with stress for long periods that it makes our adrenals & cortisol all wacky. I started him on the L-Theanine Serene back in Jan, twice per day. He said he completely resolved the insomnia in a couple of days, instant relief.
The not sleeping has been going on for awhile, I pretty regularly wake up at 3:00 am and have a hard time getting back to sleep because the worry zone of my brain goes into overload. right now I feel so drained.... (need more coffee!)

I'll read up on the L-Theanine.

I'm willing to consider 40% weight loss/maintenance with 3 days light exercise (I WILL do that, I've already dragged my exercise bike up from the cellar and the husband is always bugging me to go on walks after supper). My numbers would be 1969/788, which I would convert to 1900/800, those numbers seem well worth a slow loss, I have till my next Birthday in May to get to goal (that is my goal) so taking it slow and adding in exercise is not terribly stressful.

I wish I would read my signature once in awhile (the sprint one, not the one from Shrek ) and let it sink in!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Oh Becky.... you need some hugs. I completely understand the feeling of not having the fight. That is what stress can do to us. You certainly have a lot on your plate to deal with. I think the key to permanent weight loss is about learning to handle how we eat when life hits us full force. I know those have been the times where I have undone all my hard work in the past. Life is going to happen and we have to learn to bend like the willow when life hits us with its gusty winds.

We were talking about this on another thread, and I think the key for the times we lose the fight is to back off from the intensity a bit and go into
maintenance mode. It just takes the pressure off for awhile.

Now I know, like me, you don't want to not be losing weight, but it beats the socks off of gaining it back. So many times I have had hard knocks and gained back all the weight I worked so hard to lose. The better choice is to hold still for awhile. When I recently lost my intensity and drive, I backed off a bit and am in maintenance mode. It is a more peaceful place to be.

When things settle down, you can pick up again and go into weight loss mode. I think staying consistent with your weight loss program of choice is a good one, and JUDDD gives us the ability to adjust our percentages on our down days, so this is very flexible.

Just don't add more pressure to yourself when your body is crying out already for some relief. Hugs to you!!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/158.8/145; 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 17 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Becky, I can't remember if I told you about Theanine Serene w/ Relora. It wonderful for stress. If you have time, look it up on Amazon, they don't sell it on Netrition. It helps so much with sleep and general anxiety with stress.
What they said ^

Sunday - I'll have to look up Theanine Serene w/Relora. Sounds good.

Becky - I weigh in at TOPS every week as it's only $2 a month plus $25 a year, which is less expensive than WW. Having to weigh in every week helps me stay accountable. They may have one in your area. Everyone chooses their own WOE there.

Agreeing with the girls - be kind to yourself when stressed. Goal is to maintain at those times till motivation returns. Above all try to maintain and not gain as that creates more stress!!! I do MD's of 1300 when I'm not motivated to do DD's. Even though JUDDD is best, it's not the best when you can't do it. It's like the answer to, "What's the absolute BEST exercise for you?" It's the one you WILL DO. So the best WOE for you now is the one you can do. Giving it a rest and maintaining by doing JUDDD maintenance rotations and throwing in some MD's if you need to, seems like the best plan for now. For me motivation waxes and wanes. It's like running a marathon, you have to pace yourself. When tiring just back off till your strength returns.

P.S. I have a little soap box speech welling up in me on Maintenance: So many times I've reached goal and regained. If only I'd respected the need to learn maintenance. So I think practicing Maintaining along the way is a useful tool. Wish I'd appreciated that when I was young. Especially, being close to goal Becky, maintenance practice now may help you keep it off for the next 50 years.
Heather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
You've had some really good responses, and I can't think of anything really to add, so I'll just send you some and .
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
(((Hugs))), and lots of 'em!!!!

About the DE .. I just picked some up a feed store - little over $10 for a 10-lb. bag. I was going to order some through Amazon, too, but decided to check out a store. It was food grade and the checkout gal began singing DE's praises before I even told her why I was buying it!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
I have days where I feel this way. Sometimes weight loss is the only thing I do seem to have under my control- that can be comforting.

I think you should move to maintenance levels and DD by DD, one by one, choose whether you feel motivated to do more of a WL day. There will be days you are naturally less hungry or focused on other things.

In this phase of your life, maintaining is winning! Just don't undo your hard work!!
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/158.8/145; 5'4"
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 17 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoberer View Post
I have days where I feel this way. Sometimes weight loss is the only thing I do seem to have under my control- that can be comforting.

I think you should move to maintenance levels and DD by DD, one by one, choose whether you feel motivated to do more of a WL day. There will be days you are naturally less hungry or focused on other things.

In this phase of your life, maintaining is winning! Just don't undo your hard work!!
Excellent post! That satisfying feeling of controlling your WOE gives you a strength that carries over into every other area of your life.
Heather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:12 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Excellent advise everyone! I'm going to concentrate on maintaining for the next month and a half, I will jump back on JUDDD September 15 (the reson for that date is because I'm going to be trapped in the hospital with Zach from September 11-15 (4 day EEG then MRI and PET scan on Friday) and eating a special diet will probably be the last thing on my mind.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Prayers for Zach.. and lots of love from all of us, We are all pulling for ya~