Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: genevievew
Stats: 233/227/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/17/2012
How important to use Calorie Calculator?/MWF fast days

So for first 2 weeks I have simply followed the 2000 calorie UD and 500 DD cycle, excepting for that I have stuck to a MWF fast days and Sunday midday (around 1000 calories). Ive had a weight loss of about 4 lbs, but may be more because of TOM.

My Calorie Counter however suggests 2150 calories for UDs and 431 for DDs. Does anyone think that its important to follow those guidelines considering that its only 150 calories more on my UDs and 69 calories less on my DDs?

Also.. how well are people doing losing with set fast days like mine? I just can't see putting my husband through the paces of my fasting on a weekend day... but if it means better loss I will!

Thank you!
Genevieve
genevievew is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Genevieve (oh, man, in my next lifetime I want a name like that),
I'm only three to four months in. The voices of experience will be along soon.
Your numbers sound fabulous to me and not far enough from the calculator to make a statistically significant difference.
Lots of people lose well with your MWF approach. Some do better with straight rotation. If yours is working for your lifestyle and your weight loss, it might be worth it to continue with it for a month and then assess.
If you're interested in whether your body would lose faster with straight rotations, you could shift to that for another while.
We all hope you're here for ages and ages, anyway. It's a great place to be.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
2000/500 should work for quite awhile. If you stall, you will probably need to adjust. But, depending on your exercise levels, you may be able to ride those numbers all the way home.

Some people handle having a MD each week just fine. Some people (raises hand) do better if they stick to a strict rotation. This is another 'try it and see'. It really does depend on each individual's metabolism.

Four pounds is a great start!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thanks

It just seems simpler to keep those numbers in mind, as well as Id honestly prefer to have a few more calories on DDs and a few less on UDs... So Ill stick with it for now... at least give it a solid month before changing anything.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
My guess is also that you will do very, very well on 500/2000 numbers with a M-W-F schedule of DDs. Are you having one of your weekend days be a Medium Day (MD) of 1000 calories? If you are, I would expect you will have a real nice ongoing weight loss. If you are only having the three DDs per week and all the rest are UDs, I would expect somewhat slower but ongoing weight loss.

The biggest thing about it all is that we are able to SUCCEED!

Being more than a few pounds overweight is most often a drag on our physical health, and it usually is a tremendous drag on our emotional health! So the ultimate goal is to succeed, and then to have found a plan that will allow us to remain slim forever.

When folks tweak JUDDD by much, they are often the ones who don't experience the greatest results here. Sometimes they post of their problems, and sometimes they don't even post because they don't even realize they are not following the program, and they wonder why it isn't working. Well, not claiming it works for every single person on earth, but it sure does work for most, and especially dependably well for most too. LOL If it is followed well and truly.

If you actually measure out your foods and portions so that you KNOW how much you are eating, and if you actually track your calories every day, and you do this for your Up Days as well as your Down Days (for the most part), I would be SHOCKED if you did not melt your body fat off and become slim and trim and sleek and va-va-va-voom in short order! Good luck! Once you really get into this, it's second nature, quick and easy to do, and just another habit that you don't give a second thought to. AND.. you get to live your life as one of the slender people. Little clothing sizes. Sort of a nice little side benefit to the great health benefits of it all.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Congratulations on a great loss! 4 pounds gone is just awesome!

500/2000 sounds great to me. I've heard some say that to activate the SIRT1 gene you need about a 1000 calorie spread between UD/DD and you've definitely got that and then some.

The most important ingredient in JUDD is the satisfaction and longevity factor. In other words, is this a WOE you love and can stick to for a long time? Forever? And still lose weight while loving it?

If your answers are "yes" then you are doing it right! I totally understand having that MD on the weekend to make this doable. You don't want to be miserable on a diet. Well, I don't anyway! I always say "I'm too old to suffer."

JUDD allows you to enjoy your life and that's what you are doing.

I agree with what's been said. As long as you are losing, do what you are doing. If you hit a long stall, you might want to try a few weeks of pure rotations. Once you get the hang of how to prepare voluminous, low calorie, highly nutritious and filling foods on DDs you might be able to switch that MD to a DD and your DH would never even suspect!

You will do great either way!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Pat,

Thank you for such an encouraging, supportive post!

I have been calculating all of my calories with an online tracker.

I am realizing just how many calories are in restaurant foods and Im staying away from them. I can eat SO MUCH FOOD on up days and stay within 2000 calories as long as I pack my own snacks/lunch and make dinner. But one restaurant meal can be up to half of a days calories, and therein lies a huge part of the problem for me. Its definitely easier to desire to eat at home when you realize how much more you can eat there!! The allure of going out wains when this is considered for sure...

My weekend days I do struggle to keep a true midday on Sunday... leaning more towards an upday, but that will be the next challenge to work on. I find it hard to not land around 1500 calories on a given day if Im eating eating, if that makes sense. A down day is easy because Im so in the zone of not eating, but the more i eat the more I WANT to eat.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
The most important ingredient in JUDD is the satisfaction and longevity factor. In other words, is this a WOE you love and can stick to for a long time? Forever? And still lose weight while loving it?

If your answers are "yes" then you are doing it right!
To me, this sounds like what Dr. Johnson would say.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Yes I agree Yam-Yam! This is the only diet I could ever imagine doing long term!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
JUDDD is a happy place to be! Well done on a great start.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote