Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
HMMMMM. That may help. Having read about MUDDD, I was worried that B and L on that kind of day would be too hard, but knowing there's a 600 calorie dinner at the end might help. Then again, my main working hours are from after breakfast until 3 or 4, and 400 calories in that time has been a struggle on regular JUDDD.

I've got to make sure I grasp the "when" of all the switching and everything. But I'll look into it. Thanks!
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
. Yesterday was a ridiculously easy Down Day and this morning, I was back down by 4 lbs
Ok, I couldn't let this go by without .

You likely mentioned it elsewhere, but I haven't seen it and wanted to let you know how great this is! THIS is why we say JUDDD is forgiving. Not necessarily because there is no gain when you go off plan for a vacation, but because it is so easy to get back where you were when you get home. Another dd or 2 and you'll be right back in the game where you left off.

And Buttah, glad to hear you are seeing some results.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Ok, I couldn't let this go by without .

You likely mentioned it elsewhere, but I haven't seen it and wanted to let you know how great this is! THIS is why we say JUDDD is forgiving. Not necessarily because there is no gain when you go off plan for a vacation, but because it is so easy to get back where you were when you get home. Another dd or 2 and you'll be right back in the game where you left off.
I freely admit that any time I went off plan on low carb and gained what I knew, or thought I knew, was water weight, it was always very slow in coming off. That's why it always felt like a total disaster to me if I let any carbs pass my lips.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Yesterday was a ridiculously easy Down Day and this morning, I was back down by 4 lbs, so obviously a significant portion of that was water weight and now I'm on my way back down again.
Wow. I missed that, too! Or I didn't digest it.

I feel like today is the easiest DD yet, so I'm hopeful I might see ANOTHER drop tomorrow. If so, boy will I be eating my whiney words. And if I don't, that's fine, too.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Buttah, it is amazing how often it happens that someone comes here frustrated, venting, ready to throw in the towel, and within a couple days of doing so has a nice whoosh. Almost makes you want to complain a little more often. LOL
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Buttah, I have a similar life. In my case, time solved it. My first DDs were irritable and unproductive. Now they're far more productive than UDs. And both are more productive than the old screw-the-diet-I'm-a-useless-human-being-anyway days.
It took about 4-5 weeks for my DDs to feel good. it's not that they're all effortless, but I prefer them for work, now.
Kristin, OMG, the above was a moment for me!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
buttah, I'm glad to read that our JUDDD BUDDDs have been able to help and that you're on track.

Just a quick note about HCG. Same issue, except there are very few options. While you won't be phsically hungry, there's the mental hunger that you will need to be prepared for. Hot tea, celery sticks, radish slices, and steamed cabbage will be helpful as you can almost have unlimited quantities of them on HCG without too much impact.

Just thought I'd prepare you for that so you can start looking into options.
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #68
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosali View Post
buttah, I'm glad to read that our JUDDD BUDDDs have been able to help and that you're on track.

Just a quick note about HCG. Same issue, except there are very few options. While you won't be phsically hungry, there's the mental hunger that you will need to be prepared for. Hot tea, celery sticks, radish slices, and steamed cabbage will be helpful as you can almost have unlimited quantities of them on HCG without too much impact.

Just thought I'd prepare you for that so you can start looking into options.
Also on JUDDD?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

aarosali, I now that people aren't likely to believe me, but as someone who practiced the Hunger Scale eating (successfully for years, until my pregnancies), I can assure you that my DD hunger is actual bonafide stomach hunger, not brain hunger. And again, I learned years ago not to snack while working. Evenings after work-time have always been my downfall.

And yesterday, back at 700-something calories (thought I'd mastered 500, but no), was my absolute HARDEST day yet. Made worse, I'm sure, by the stress of it being my actual deadline day - as in pages needed to go out before someone got on a plane. My head hurt, my stomach was growling, but Hunger Scale number was between 0 and 3 nearly all day, with the brief exceptions of the moments right after I ate my little meals (all geared to be filling as possible). It may have been harder because it followed my first "normal" calorie UD - I don't know. But it was hell. And because of the stress, my BP was high.

And yet, this is the nature of my work, sometimes. I can't change that.

I honestly thought, all day, I cannot do this every other day for the rest of my life. It can't POSSIBLY be good for me (despite evidence from Dr. J and others). Other times I thought: if Dr. J says all birthdays (and holidays) are automatically UD's, maybe in my world all deadline days need to be UD's (and I'll forgo the holidays)?

I don't know. Here I was finally starting to feel so positive about JUDDD, I was really hoping this thread was ready to die, and yesterday was just insanely bad.

Stephdray? Days like this?

Last edited by buttah; 08-05-2012 at 07:46 AM..
Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
I'm on the road so typing this on my phone means I can't give the longest, most precise answer. However, my basic advice is, stop torturing yourself if deadline days need to be up days then make them so. In time it may change-- your needs maychange. Butright now you should probably do whatever helps you be consistent overall.

I believe you about stomach hunger. But look, even if all the other stuff about JUDDD is wishful thinking, a calorie deficit should produce weight loss over time. That's why imperfect down days should not be a disaster now and again.

Or at least that is what I'm telling myself bc it's a down day for me and I'm already at 300 cals before noon bc I didn't want to fight with my mother-in- law who kindly made me breakfast for the trip. My plan is to stick it out till dinner and eat a small supper. I'm aiming for 500 but if I end up at 700 it just, theoretically, means slower weight loss not a blown day.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
aarosali, I now that people aren't likely to believe me, but as someone who practiced the Hunger Scale eating (successfully for years, until my pregnancies), I can assure you that my DD hunger is actual bonafide stomach hunger, not brain hunger. And again, I learned years ago not to snack while working. Evenings after work-time have always been my downfall.

And yesterday, back at 700-something calories (thought I'd mastered 500, but no), was my absolute HARDEST day yet. Made worse, I'm sure, by the stress of it being my actual deadline day - as in pages needed to go out before someone got on a plane. My head hurt, my stomach was growling, but Hunger Scale number was between 0 and 3 nearly all day, with the brief exceptions of the moments right after I ate my little meals (all geared to be filling as possible). It may have been harder because it followed my first "normal" calorie UD - I don't know. But it was hell. And because of the stress, my BP was high.

And yet, this is the nature of my work, sometimes. I can't change that.

I honestly thought, all day, I cannot do this every other day for the rest of my life. It can't POSSIBLY be good for me (despite evidence from Dr. J and others). Other times I thought: if Dr. J says all birthdays (and holidays) are automatically UD's, maybe in my world all deadline days need to be UD's (and I'll forgo the holidays)?

I don't know. Here I was finally starting to feel so positive about JUDDD, I was really hoping this thread was ready to die, and yesterday was just insanely bad.

Stephdray? Days like this?

I didn't mean to give the impression that hunger with JUDDD DD is not physical. I meant that hunger with HCG is typically not physical but mental. HCG may not make you feel full, but its rare to have physical hunger as HCG will free up calories which will be in your blood stream. Didn't mean to get you upset. Just making sure you are prepared for reality.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I understood you, aarosali, and I'm not upset at all. I was just responding to your heads up regarding HCG. I suspect 500 calls on HCG will be much easier for me actual-hunger-wise than without HCG on JUDDD. (Because I really do know the difference between mind and body hunger.) Make sense?

Stephdray, being hard on myself is something I really excel in! But I hear you.

Another reason yesterday may have been particularly hard - I think my TOM is looming. And we all know hunger is elevated at that time. I wonder if the body actually needs more fuel then.

Last edited by buttah; 08-05-2012 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: this spell check keeps trying to change what I'm saying!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

AND, as if to tell me something (positive), I'm down a pound today. Although I'm not at all sure that makes yesterday worth the hell it felt like.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #74

Buttah, I didn't mean to say that you were not feeling real hunger and pain. My point was that the other type of hunger is equally relevant. It is REAL.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa, I didn't think you were saying that at all. But I was just responding to another poster that I can tell the difference between the two, and that the mental hunger is not an issue during my writing time. Licked that issue (and even smoking while writing) years ago, thank God. If not, I'd weigh a lot more than I do! (Thus I have no fear of HCG while writing as long as I'm not physically hungry.)

The urge to nosh w/out hunger IS often an issue once I've clocked out for the day, and I'm relaxing. Still dealing with that and probably always will (and JUDDD helps).
Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 AM   #76

That's fine then, I just didn't want you to think I belittled your problem.

It seems that you are doing really well just now. I am delighted for you.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:08 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Yes, I understood you, aarosali, and I'm not upset at all. I was just responding to your heads up regarding HCG. I suspect 500 calls on HCG will be much easier for me actual-hunger-wise than without HCG on JUDDD. (Because I really do know the difference between mind and body hunger.) Make sense?.
Glad to know that you have a handle on the hunger differences. Great to hear that you're down 1lb today. Looks like you're on a roll. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

I had to come back to this thread on my first ever DD that I'm not under extreme deadline writing pressure (which will last a few days until I have to make quick changes w/ another deadline), and I gotta tell you...

Piece. Of. Cake. Had a 210 calorie breakfast (the meal I seem to need most in life) and nothing but some plain string beans since. It's now 4:20, and I am absolutely fine until dinner. It's not like I haven't had things to do - I have had tons of errands, a bit of catch up paperwork, still dealing with the dog (who is much better, thank God), but NO WRITING.

I feel like "no wonder these ladies can all do this!" I also feel sad, as in "no wonder my DD's are so damn hard" and "I'm jealous of retired JUDDDers or those with more task-oriented jobs!" because today I've had a taste of what that could be like.

Oh well. Time to be grateful for my career, grateful for the weight loss I'm having, easier on myself when I can't go below 500 on a writing DD (WDD, new term), and happy for any spates of non-writing DD's in my future.

Anyway, just wanted to say all that. Hi Stephdray!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Yay! You! Buttah!

sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/224.2/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD REstart 05/09/14 at 232.5
This is an interesting thread. I have a bit of the same problem, as I'm a book editor. My first DD was last Thursday, and I had a terrible time focusing on work. I chalked most of it up to too much mental distraction thinking about what or when I was going to eat.

Some days I have lots of meetings, so it won't matter. Other times I'll have to travel and do a lot of business entertaining on the road, which is always hard to work a new food plan around. But it's those times that I need to sit quietly and focus on something for hours that make me nervous (since I work in a "cubeville" office, it's hard enough to concentrate sometimes as it is).

So I'm crossing my fingers that this will settle out in time and maybe my focus will be even BETTER.

Glad to see you had a breakthrough, Buttah!

Marla
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I'm not sure it was a break through! Remember, it was my first NO-writing day since I began JUDDD. And yes, it was way easier. But I won't have many of those, and my writing DD's are still hell.

But it did make me feel validated that there's something about having to do my particular kind of work on a DD (and legitimately hungry) that is really, really hard.