Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
how quickly did you lose 10 pounds?

Just wondering how fast or slow it took you to lose 10 pounds. I'm thinking since I am so close to maintenance weight it may take longer.
garnet10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
It only took me about a month to lose 10lbs and only had 5 more to lose after that.
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Hi, garnett. You're right that, in theory, the more a person has to lose, the more readily the first pounds should come off. And the less they have to lose, the longer it should take.

The closer a person is to goal, the more loss s-l-o-w-s down!

When I first started on JUDDD with 13 pounds to lose, I think lost the first 8 pounds in a month which was amazing. This time with just 10 pounds to get back to the same maintenance number, I lost the first 5 pounds in a month.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I was very close to maintenance and it took me 6 weeks to lose 5 pounds and reach goal. It took another 4 weeks for me to lose another 4, which makes it 9lbs in 10 weeks. This was over Xmas, New Year and a week's holiday in Austria. I had waited 3 years to get there doing LC.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
It took me a month to lose 13.8 lbs, but I also started at nearly 270.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, ladies! I had hoped to lose the last 10 much more quickly (I was doing hCG, but just cannot do the 500 calorie days for longer than a week or so anymore).

I did very well, was very stable away on vacation, and then this past week home acted like someone I hadn't seen in 2 years.

I bought a bunch of size 8P pants when my LDW on my last round of hCG was 125, knowing I was only 5 pounds from goal. I have been at 130 for several months now. I just have to get my head back in the game to lose this weight.

I would love to post every day but honestly I feel like my daily failure to stick with this would be such a negative thing for everyone else to read. But I know I can't do this without support.

So tomorrow I start a down day yet again, and hope I can just do this!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
I did my first "trial" run of JUDDD in April after I had finished my second round of HCG, I lost 11 pounds that month
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 150.2/148/120
Start Date: Aug 26 2013
Hi garnet10, my strongest suggestion for JUDDD would be to stick with the program and count calories (on both UDs and DDs!). I switched to JUDDD halfway through P3 and it was the best decision I could have made. Not only did I maintain my HCG loss but I went on to lose an additional 8 pounds (according to the scale this morning) without following calories too diligently. I, personally, don't think 10 pounds is worth another round of HCG. Instead, stick with JUDDD, be patient and those pounds will come off. Good luck!! And if you ever need encouragement, the JUDDD ladies are some of the nicest on this forum! You CAN do this!

Last edited by Spoonful of Happiness; 07-30-2012 at 03:22 AM..
Spoonful of Happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Timmy's Wife
Stats: 134/124/125
My stats were 151/135/125 when I started JUDDD back in early May, so they were very similar to yours. I just reached 124 (11 lbs loss) this week, so it was about 2.5 months for me, but there was also a long weekend that ended up being a slight binge-fest (gained 3 lbs) as well as some really high UDs.
Timmy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Timmy's Wife
Stats: 134/124/125
I also started a good exercise routine, and I gained around 2 lbs after about a week, but I lost inches, so YMMV.
Timmy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv is a fairytale View Post
Hi garnet10, my strongest suggestion for JUDDD would be to stick with the program and count calories (on both UDs and DDs!). I switched to JUDDD halfway through P3 and it was the best decision I could have made. Not only did I maintain my HCG loss but I went on to lose an additional 8 pounds (according to the scale this morning) without following calories too diligently. I, personally, don't think 10 pounds is worth another round of HCG. Instead, stick with JUDDD, be patient and those pounds will come off. Good luck!! And if you ever need encouragement, the JUDDD ladies are some of the nicest on this forum! You CAN do this!
Thanks! I just finished my first (yet again) Down Day, and heading towards my typical problem day tomorrow--the Up Day. I have stabilized eating quite a number of calories, never counted calories (after the VLCD), so having to count calories is a struggle for me. I think I'll sit down tonight and try to map out tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy's Wife View Post
My stats were 151/135/125 when I started JUDDD back in early May, so they were very similar to yours. I just reached 124 (11 lbs loss) this week, so it was about 2.5 months for me, but there was also a long weekend that ended up being a slight binge-fest (gained 3 lbs) as well as some really high UDs.
Congrats on reaching goal! I guess I will have to accept it may take me a couple of months to get to goal. I just hope I can stick with this calorie counting thing on the "Up" days.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Oh, look at you!!! Best of luck down the home stretch!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Hi Garnet: I'm sorry that you have struggles with UD's. I had them too when I started Juddd in may. I gained about 6lbs over the time of 6 weeks. That is why I got back to hcg. I went crazy on most of my UD's. I want to loose my last 12 pounds with juddd. Right now I'm really into the weight loss mood. I hope you are getting into this mood too!
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Thanks sweet heart.. Ya know.. We all have such differnt storys, and whats great about that,, is JUDDD can work for all,Sometimes slow and sometimes fast.. I fell victim to the trap in the start of JUDDD that my weight was just goin to keep dropping at the same rate.... Wow what a shock it was to sit at a 2 pound loss for one whole month!!
Then my body decided .. ok. now lets get rid of some more!! and OFF went 10 pounds the next month.. So i had to learn the hard way to "stay the plan" and just be patient with my body.. Boy i am soo glad i did.. I am actually goin to reach a goal lower than i have ever set forth for my self... For the first time in my life.. I have found the answer! So glad to be on this journey with all my JUDDD BUDDDS
by the way.. I just keep moving my goal line.. I am really not sure if ill be "happy" when i get to 169.. Only time will tell~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 07-31-2012 at 02:40 PM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaSimpson View Post
Hi Garnet: I'm sorry that you have struggles with UD's. I had them too when I started Juddd in may. I gained about 6lbs over the time of 6 weeks. That is why I got back to hcg. I went crazy on most of my UD's. I want to loose my last 12 pounds with juddd. Right now I'm really into the weight loss mood. I hope you are getting into this mood too!
Yes, I am going crazy on my up days! I had been eating consciously for months, decide to start JUDDD, can do the down days fine, but can't get a handle on the Up days.

I have tried "fooling" myself by not calling them up days, but regular days. But I still can't get the calorie count down. And now I find I'm eating more on those days than I normally would. What the heck?!!!! I wish I could figure out why I am sabotaging myself.

I am going on vacation again soon, so I think I may just have to wait until I get back home to get back into it seriously.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet10 View Post
Yes, I am going crazy on my up days! I had been eating consciously for months, decide to start JUDDD, can do the down days fine, but can't get a handle on the Up days.

I have tried "fooling" myself by not calling them up days, but regular days. But I still can't get the calorie count down. And now I find I'm eating more on those days than I normally would. What the heck?!!!! I wish I could figure out why I am sabotaging myself.
Garnet, I have exactly the same deal. I smack myself in the forehead when I read posts about people not being able to get their calories in on UDs. I'm always shouting at my computer, "Come to my house, honey, and I'll show you how to get those in before noon!"
Know what, though? This is one of those huge life lessons for me. I've been a fierce overeater all my life. I ate for comfort, for stimulation, to deal with fear, anger, boredom, scarcity - you name it. I ate in response to EVERYTHING. So it is inevitable that I meet that demon face to face on this JUDDD trip.
I had whacks of UUADs at the beginning. It felt like being thrown off a tilt-a-whirl every week.
I still fall into UUADs on holidays. But not on regular UDs, now. I'm starting to get the hang of "normal". It took about three months, granted, because I'm a sloooooooowwwwwww learner, but this is a biggie for me.
We really get to know ourselves while doing this JUDDD thing, don't we?
My hope is that we all stay with it long enough to get exactly what we want out of it, and more.
We're here for you. All the best.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:19 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet10 View Post

I am going on vacation again soon, so I think I may just have to wait until I get back home to get back into it seriously.
Well, I don't think you are sabatoging yourself. I ate many many UUAD days when I started JUDDD since I had LC'ed for so many years. It has taken me over 6 months to stop doing that (maybe only once a week now) and I am down 30 pounds. BUT I keep DD's very low and have NEVER gone over 500 calories on a DD.

It fascinates me that I could eat in excess of 2500 and up to 3000 calories and beyond on too many UD's and lose weight. (I have an ice cream addiction) Very easy to add those calories up eating BlueBell ice cream.

Now I am certainly not advocating doing what I did for 6 months. I could have been at goal and below a long time ago if I was consistenlty loyal to that UD number. And I actually did hit that lower number off and on. So I know I can maintain with lots of UD calories as long as I keep the DD calories low so I am not even concerned with maintenance. I have that covered.

BUT I ALSO FOLLOW MASTERING LEPTIN RULES (At least rules 1,2 and 4 consistently. I am working on 3 and 5) which may make a big difference too. I only eat at mealtimes and I do not snack.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 08-02-2012 at 04:28 AM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Garnet, I have exactly the same deal. I smack myself in the forehead when I read posts about people not being able to get their calories in on UDs. I'm always shouting at my computer, "Come to my house, honey, and I'll show you how to get those in before noon!"
Know what, though? This is one of those huge life lessons for me. I've been a fierce overeater all my life. I ate for comfort, for stimulation, to deal with fear, anger, boredom, scarcity - you name it. I ate in response to EVERYTHING. So it is inevitable that I meet that demon face to face on this JUDDD trip.
I had whacks of UUADs at the beginning. It felt like being thrown off a tilt-a-whirl every week.
I still fall into UUADs on holidays. But not on regular UDs, now. I'm starting to get the hang of "normal". It took about three months, granted, because I'm a sloooooooowwwwwww learner, but this is a biggie for me.
We really get to know ourselves while doing this JUDDD thing, don't we?
My hope is that we all stay with it long enough to get exactly what we want out of it, and more.
We're here for you. All the best.
Thanks, it is actually helpful to me to know others had gone through similar issues in the beginning. Your response is very motivating for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Well, I don't think you are sabatoging yourself. I ate many many UUAD days when I started JUDDD since I had LC'ed for so many years. It has taken me over 6 months to stop doing that (maybe only once a week now) and I am down 30 pounds. BUT I keep DD's very low and have NEVER gone over 500 calories on a DD.

It fascinates me that I could eat in excess of 2500 and up to 3000 calories and beyond on too many UD's and lose weight. (I have an ice cream addiction) Very easy to add those calories up eating BlueBell ice cream.

Now I am certainly not advocating doing what I did for 6 months. I could have been at goal and below a long time ago if I was consistenlty loyal to that UD number. And I actually did hit that lower number off and on. So I know I can maintain with lots of UD calories as long as I keep the DD calories low so I am not even concerned with maintenance. I have that covered.

BUT I ALSO FOLLOW MASTERING LEPTIN RULES (At least rules 1,2 and 4 consistently. I am working on 3 and 5) which may make a big difference too. I only eat at mealtimes and I do not snack.
I appreciate your post very much--if this works out similarly for me, I can at least continue doing the down days properly while I work out the up days. I keep "failing" on my Up days and then just "give up"--but I don't have to--I can just keep going. I'm going to check out this leptin information. Thanks!