Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
JUDDDers who did HCG first - I have questions

I know I've just begun JUDDDing, barely, but after working so hard for such a long time to lose very little, I'm very intrigued by the Hcg diet and thinking about finding a doctor who does it in my area. My plan would still be to maintain on JUDDD, as many seem to do. I am about 30 lbs. from my goal. If I go past that when maintaining on JUDDD as many seem to do, great.

But at the rate I'm going, this could take a year. And I've already been at it for a few (low glycemic/low carb/counting calories). I fear becoming demoralized by yet another stall, let alone the snail's pace. And if I can do 500-700 calories on DD's, I think I can do 500 with some hormonally-enhanced help!

To those of you who did Hcg first, are you happy you did? Any regrets? Did most of you keep the Hcg weight off prior to coming to JUDDD, or did you come to JUDDD because some or a lot of the weight crept back on (which I'm sure is common when you lose so fast)? I think that's my biggest reservation - that the hcg-lost weight wants to come back on. Thus far, I am a very good maintainer, just a horribly slow loser.

I'm especially interested in people who did the RX version with a doctor. Although I'm confused that the RX version is, or was (I'm not sure since the FDA clearly got involved recently), available online without a prescription. I am someone who'd rather pay a doctor to monitor on me with something this serious. Is the RX version still available online? And how is that possible? I've also read about people needing to "mix" their Hcg prior to injecting - NO THANKS to that.

And having watched the Dr. Oz show about Hcg, I'm skeptical about the "placebo" effect of the homeopathic versions. I know, I know, many of you swear by it. I'm just conservative that way. And at 55, with slightly high BP and cholesterol, I just want a doc watching over me.

But I am curious about this. Very curious. Of course that means finding a reputable doctor to help me. Enlighten me.

Sorry for the long post!

Last edited by buttah; 07-28-2012 at 02:19 PM..
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CherylS
Stats: 240/190/130
WOE: Was HcG, now Atkins 72
Start Date: July, 2010/July 2012
I lost about 80 lbs on HcG, injection, 500 cals a day of very specific food, about 4 weeks on, 6-10 weeks off. It took me about 8 months. 42 days is the longest injections last, and frankly, after about 28-35 days you are ready to kill to mix some veggies together or eat a blueberry or something. But I was a size 8, size 6 sometimes. WHEEEEE!!!!

Then life happened. My dad died 1200 miles away, which meant 3 car trips there, I had months of vein procedures in my legs for severe varicose, got a huge case of shingles in my right leg, which is still causing me hip to ankle pain many months later, and then had bunion surgery. Between the stress and the steriods for the shingle pain, I regained 30 lbs. ACK!!! So I asked my doc for a new script and ordered my vial.

Started on HcG in mid-June, then took a trip over the 4th of July. I lasted another week. I lost the weight gained from the shingles meds, but still about 20 lbs. up. While looking for recipes using oat fiber I stumbled across JUDDD. My thought? Holy Cow! You can mix veggies! You can eat PB2! And each "round" of 500ish calories only lasts a day!!!

So I'm giving this a good chance while I wait long enough to get HcG back in my system. After a month of JUDDD I may not want to go back on HcG. The up side of HcG is that you lose about 1/2-1 lb a day while injecting. I averaged about 1/2lb, or 3ish a week. Then you maintain for a while. You could probably lose the 30 in 2 rounds, maybe a longish one and a 3 week one, with 4-6 weeks of UDDD between. It is mostly mental. Stay away from the DD recipe topic, since most of those wouldn't fly if you are strict (losing the most) with the HcG.

Good luck!
CherylS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Cheryl, but I am NOT talking about doing JUDDD while on hcg. If I do HCG, I will do it to the letter. Then, when it's over, or in the phase where you eat normally, I would return to JUDDD.

And if hcg weight is harder to keep off than "normal-pace" weight loss, I would be too frightened. I have steadily lost and maintained, then lost for a long time, even with "life happening" stuff. I'm not willing to jeopardize that. You know?

Still confused about prescriptions, though. Your doc writes one, and you order online? Assume I know nothing!

Last edited by buttah; 07-28-2012 at 03:14 PM..
Old 07-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CherylS
Stats: 240/190/130
WOE: Was HcG, now Atkins 72
Start Date: July, 2010/July 2012
It's no harder to keep off the weight than any other WOE. I just let the stress of all that crap take over and I hid in a bag of Kettle Cooked chips. Or maybe more than one bag. Because of health issues, potatoes are just about the only "starch" I can eat, so there ya go. A pound here, a couple there, I'll take care of it next week, and the creep begins.

My doctor writes the original script and faxes it to a compounding pharmacy. Usually for the original vial and 5 refills. I call them and reorder as needed. The HcG comes in a small box with a vial with a bit of powder at the bottom, and a vial with sterile water. I use a mixing syringe to mix it, although the doc's office will do it for me if I want. Easy to mix though, and if you go this route I'd be happy to explain. It takes more words than the actual doing.

I ordered diabetic syringes online, in a box of 100. Cheaper than the buck each the pharmacy wanted to tack on. Also the little alcohol packets. Inject 6 out of 7 mornings, about an inch from the navel.

So.... to make a short story long.... .... 2 years ago I started on the original journey, lost the weight, kept all of it off for months, had the creep back, then the 15 lbs in one month on Gabapentin (although they say it doesn't cause weight gain...pfffftttt). Went to the doc for pre-op for my foot surgery and asked her for a new script. But my head is not in this right now, and it's truly a mental thing. You aren't hungry at all after the first couple of days. Some days I couldn't eat the 500 cals. But I sincerely and truly wanted to take huge bites out of the stick of butter. For me, right now in my life, JUDDD is better. But who knows? I may go back to HcG in a month, because it really is quick and simple.

Ask away!
Cheryl
CherylS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
I did homeopathic hcg drops. (No way I'd be able to handle the injections!)

They really did help suppress appetite after the first few days... because every time I first came off the drops, I'd notice the significant growth in my appetite before I could finally up my calories again! Little bits of hunger might have hit me while on the drops here and there - but nothing that couldn't be solved with a cup of tea or some chicken broth.

I enjoyed hcg for the quick weight loss, but it got harder to lose as fast after I did several rounds. I typically had to stay low carb and maintained within two pounds above my last drops weight on hcg (though any straying from low carb almost always meant I'd have to be very strict for a day or two of "correction days" with very little variety or flexibility in my food consumption.) The good news is that although I couldn't lose quite the full amount I wanted to lose by the end of my fifth hcg round (came up 2.5 lbs shy), a couple months on JUDDD maintenance and I was slowly drifting downward, below my hcg phase 3 window AND below my goal!

I tried messing around with numbers a bit to try to lose more on JUDDD, but I ultimately decided that my body seemed to just like releasing a pound or so each month no matter where I fell on DDs - 25%-50%. My conclusion is for my body, I'm just being happy "maintaining" with an extra pound or so falling off each month. If I really wanted to rush things, I'd do another round of HCG, but I never thought I'd be this low to begin with so I am just trying to be content. I used to come off HCG and struggle to stay in my window - did countless steak days and other corrections. Now, the every-other-day routine of JUDDD keeps everything in check. I really had to watch my carbs the last few years, but now, I can manage quadruple my previous carb maxes while the scale continues to maintain/gradually fall.

I highly recommend JUDDD and seeing how you do with it for a full month, as some don't see real magic kick in for several weeks. JUDDD is a very liveable way of eating. However, if you only see a couple pounds come off in that time, I'd suggest trying HCG and then maintaining with JUDDD. Being conservative, I'd say two 4-week rounds of HCG would probably take off all your weight, but if you're a lucky one, you might even see all of it come off in one round of 4-6 weeks. Just know that it is very important to stay on plan for HCG - The HCG diet is not very forgivable for interruptions. JUDDD, on the other hand, is very forgivable and makes life's little food splurges a hundred times easier to deal with!

Good luck to you!
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm. Maybe I'll wait until all I have left is "one round's worth" of weight to lose. What's an average loss for the shorter (is it 4 weeks or 21 days?) round? Do some people not decide if they're doing 21 or 40 days until they get closer to 21?

I'm still squeamish about mixing and injecting something that's not just ready-to-go from a doctor. Call me crazy. If I'm sticking a needle in (which I'm fine doing), I want someone keeping tabs on me.

It sure is crazy how many people swear by the drops, and yet the medical establishment says there isn't enough HcG in there to do anything!

Meanwhile, I've just had my third UD on JUDDD, and once again, I can't hit 1700 calories (got to 1524). And I have written down every morsel that's gone into my mouth. Even had a surprise birthday dinner for my son tonight, at a nice restaurant. But I ordered grilled salmon and had two bites of desert. That's just how I eat. I don't want to get in the habit of eating past "comfortable" on the hunger scale (I'm very big on this and I feel it's how I've kept off what I've lost), no matter what the calculator says is my "normal" range. I guess I have to just trust what Dr. Johnson says in the book, which doesn't mention making sure you eat a certain # of calories on UD's.

But I digress.

Would love to hear from more former HcGers!

Last edited by buttah; 07-28-2012 at 11:17 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
I'm also an RX HCGer (I mixed my own) who uses JUDDD for maintenance. I initially lost over 50lbs on HCG, and regained 30lbs over 1.5 years. My problem with HCG is maintaining. I always seemed to be doing correction days and got really frustrated.

I'm finding that JUDDD is a very good way to maintain after HCG for a few reasons: 1) I have a calorie guideline with the JUDDD calculator - that structure works well for me; 2) I can attend a social affair that doesn't meet my diet criteria and fix it the very next day (or within a week) with a clean, no carb, HCG menu DD or two; 3) JUDDD offers a range of DD calorie options (using the calculator - range from 20% to 45%) so that I can eat a bit more on some DD days as needed without the panic of gaining.

Currently, I'm testing my theory that I can stair-step down by doing HCG, then maintaining on JUDDD, and then going back to HCG.

Hope that helps.
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
I know I've just begun JUDDDing, barely, but after working so hard for such a long time to lose very little, I'm very intrigued by the Hcg diet and thinking about finding a doctor who does it in my area. My plan would still be to maintain on JUDDD, as many seem to do. I am about 30 lbs. from my goal. If I go past that when maintaining on JUDDD as many seem to do, great.

But at the rate I'm going, this could take a year. And I've already been at it for a few (low glycemic/low carb/counting calories). I fear becoming demoralized by yet another stall, let alone the snail's pace. And if I can do 500-700 calories on DD's, I think I can do 500 with some hormonally-enhanced help!

To those of you who did Hcg first, are you happy you did? Any regrets? Did most of you keep the Hcg weight off prior to coming to JUDDD, or did you come to JUDDD because some or a lot of the weight crept back on (which I'm sure is common when you lose so fast)? I think that's my biggest reservation - that the hcg-lost weight wants to come back on. Thus far, I am a very good maintainer, just a horribly slow loser.

I'm especially interested in people who did the RX version with a doctor. Although I'm confused that the RX version is, or was (I'm not sure since the FDA clearly got involved recently), available online without a prescription. I am someone who'd rather pay a doctor to monitor on me with something this serious. Is the RX version still available online? And how is that possible? I've also read about people needing to "mix" their Hcg prior to injecting - NO THANKS to that.

And having watched the Dr. Oz show about Hcg, I'm skeptical about the "placebo" effect of the homeopathic versions. I know, I know, many of you swear by it. I'm just conservative that way. And at 55, with slightly high BP and cholesterol, I just want a doc watching over me.

But I am curious about this. Very curious. Of course that means finding a reputable doctor to help me. Enlighten me.

Sorry for the long post!
weight lost often returns after dieting of any kind. if you return to how you used to eat. so you dont need to do that. but it does mean a huge change in your habits. that is where people often have trouble. you will often see hcg'ers say 'i had stress' or 'i was unhappy' as a reason for regaining weight. but the truth is life always contains stress and unhappy situations. once you change your automatic response from food to something else then you can experience them and not regain weight. there is nothing automatic about stres and weight gain.

so you can go to a doctor for hcg. and pay 20 times what anyone has to pay. and often get bad advice in the bargain. keep in mind that most people pay less than $2 per day to treat themselves. and you dont have to inject unless you want to. many of us did or do sublingual dosing. that is the same dose of 125 units but we do it twice a day.

the FDA crackdown was on homeopathic hcg. not hcg. never was. that is why we can still order in on line from pharmacies. there is a lot of controversy about it since some authorities will tell you you are allowed to bring in enough drugs for 90 days at a time. and some will tell you it is still not legal. but if it is not legal then all the buses of senior citizens that go into mexico or canada just to get meds would have to be stopped and the meds impounded at the borders and that does not seem to be happening.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

I'm wondering if having lost on HCG makes it harder to maintain unless you do severe low or no carb correction/DD days, whereas having lost on other diets (like regular ole JUDDD) people seem to maintain (or even lose a bit more) just staying in their correct JUDDD calorie range, but eating some carbs... or even whatever they want as long as it's "in the numbers."

That is my fear of doing HCG.

Also, aarosali, do you also get a prescription from your doctor and then buy your own? If I do this, I am getting ready-made syringes FROM a doctor. No question. Mixing makes me so nervous - even just the sterility question. Maybe when I was young and not so risk adverse!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

thomasina, forgive my ignorance, but are the sublingual drops people buy online prescription drops? (The doctors I've found offer both sublingual AND the shots, which tells me they are both the real deal). But if they sell prescription sublingual drops online... how is that legal? I'm just so confused about this!

Last edited by buttah; 07-29-2012 at 01:26 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Quote:
I'm wondering if having lost on HCG makes it harder to maintain unless you do severe low or no carb correction/DD days, whereas having lost on other diets (like regular ole JUDDD) people seem to maintain (or even lose a bit more) just staying in their correct JUDDD calorie range, but eating some carbs... or even whatever they want as long as it's "in the numbers."

That is my fear of doing HCG.

Also, aarosali, do you also get a prescription from your doctor and then buy your own? If I do this, I am getting ready-made syringes FROM a doctor. No question. Mixing makes me so nervous - even just the sterility question. Maybe when I was young and not so risk adverse!
I totally understand your fear. I learned about HCG when I was going through infertility treatments. During that time I had to self inject both HCG and Progesterone. Sometimes they give you doses of HCG (much larger than that used for weight loss) to trick the body into thinking it's pregnant to help with fertility issues. Anyhow, when I was researching HCG during infertility, I ran accross HCG for weight loss. Therefore, it was really easy to mix and inject for the HCG protocol.

You are fortunate that you haven't had any health issues that would require you to self inject. It is quite common practice for many situations. Doctors provide instructions for self injection including sterlity etc.

If you can afford to pay a Dr for HCG, I say go for it.

I also wanted to comment that you can mix HCG for injection or sublingual. That may be that thomasina was referring to.

Last edited by aarosali; 07-29-2012 at 03:12 PM..
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, aarosali. Can you answer my question about how it's legal for websites to sell prescription HCG, or is it? I am still very confused about this. I always thought prescription meant you needed a doctor to prescribe it, yet from what I've read, it seems people just by the RX stuff online without one.

I am nervous about mixing, not injecting. All that sterile procedural stuff scares me. If the syringes came loaded and ready to go, I think I'd be able to do that.

Last question (I hope), what if you have to travel while you are still injecting or taking sublingual? I have a wedding at the end of August. Can this stuff be packed or carried on?

Last edited by buttah; 07-29-2012 at 05:45 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
If you have medication of any kind, TSA must allow you to take it. If you are going to a doctor, you can have them write you a brief informational letter or take your written Rx with you with the medication. If you were not sure you could be assertive at the checkpoint with your medical needs, then you could check it in checked baggage. At the very least, you could do an on-protocol interruption for a few days while you travel as long as you have your minimum days in first, and then resume after you return.

I have done 7 rounds of hcg to get pretty close to my goal weight and now am JUDDDing to maintain for awhile before deciding whether I will return to hcg Rx or move down the scale slower with JUDDD. I did Rx with my naturopath prescribing for me, but I would not hesitate to do it on my own like many people here have done. I would also not discount homeopathic as placebo; many people swear by homeopathic and also many veterinary preparations of homeopathic remedies are very helpful and animals are not able to "believe" in placebos so they must have some validity.

Like any weight loss, maintenance is the key. I believe JUDDD is a perfect way of maintaining if you decide hcg is the way to lose.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you! After researching and not really liking the "vibe" of the first few doctors I found in my area (looking online, so they had websites - one was so "spiritual" it turned me off completely; another doc has some horrible reviews on yelp), I finally found what seems to be a very reputable doctor with a HCG clinic very close to me. I watched her videos, and she's definitely a normal, professional doctor. Her website also says she has patients follow the Simeon protocol exactly, which I liked. (There was another doctor who follows it exactly but has found better results with people who skip the breadsticks/melba. Liked him, too, but it's geographically a bit inconvenient.)

I'm going to call tomorrow. Maybe I'll keep JUDDDing until after this wedding (it's August 25 with flights on the 24th and 26th, so I'm running out of time). I don't really want to go to a wedding without makeup, anyway!

Last edited by buttah; 07-29-2012 at 08:56 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
You could just fit in a very short minimum 23-day dosing (2 days loading, 21 days vlcd's) and 3 days vlc with no dosing I think if you started in a day or two if they get you in right away. Otherwise, JUDDD until then like you say and start when you get back. BUT if you start, just use mineral makeup and don't worry about that for the wedding!
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
buttah, I did oral hCG for about a year. I lost weight very quickly, really miraculously. After my first 6 week round I lost 24 pounds. I gained some weight last summer, which is why the 50 lbs I lost total looked like it took a long time, but it really didn't.

I found hCG to be nothing short of a miracle. I had been eating low carb, kickboxing 2 to 3 times a week, and had zero weight loss. After my last real round of hCG my last dose weight was 125 lbs. I usually stabilized about 4 pounds over that (could never stay within that 2 lb window), and I have maintained being at around 130 pounds (within the 129 to 131 range) for several months now.

I stopped doing hCG because the last 2 or 3 times I started it, I just could not continue the VLCD for more than a few days. I started to feel overwhelmingly exhausted, and thought I was going to pass out one day. I had never felt like that even doing 6 weeks of hCG and the VLCD.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about starting hCG again. But JUDDD appeals to me in that I only have to deal with 500 calories every other day.

My main problem with JUDDD is that I have been maintaining this weight eating WAY more calories than allotted on my Up Days. I eat mostly protein and fat (and veggies) and very little starch/sugar and with the high fat proportion I have been eating a lot of calories. So even the Up Days seem like dieting to me (I really have to work out lowering my fat calories).

I'll work this out eventually, but I would do hCG again in a heartbeat if I could.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
You could just fit in a very short minimum 23-day dosing (2 days loading, 21 days vlcd's) and 3 days vlc with no dosing I think if you started in a day or two if they get you in right away. Otherwise, JUDDD until then like you say and start when you get back. BUT if you start, just use mineral makeup and don't worry about that for the wedding!

Ha! I'm 55! Just mineral makeup? And what about eyeliner, mascara? I'm not a big makeup wearer, but this is family I haven't seen in years, mind you!

I'd love to only need one round of HCG. If I could lose 30 lbs on one long round, I'd be elated. Maybe that's a reason to wait?

And garnet, I applaud you on your WL and keeping it off.

I am STILL a bit concerned, just from what I've read, that there is something about the nature/speed of losing on HCG that makes it far easier to gain back. I am worried about that. I know I can maintain the 15 lb loss I've conquered since Feb. But those speedy HCG pounds? I wonder if anyone's done a study on whether or not they're harder to keep off.

Still, the speed is intoxicating to me. I've got to try it. I think.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hello buttah.

Just love your name btw.

I did RX hcg in 09, lost 45 lbs and kept it off for 1.5 years. I think the thing you must realize, is that Hcg is hormone therapy and if you are near menopause, it may do you well to save your money and just do homeopathic until you are completely through with the big "M". I went to a weight loss doctor and pd $900 for 2 months, so if you are near the "M" time in your life, you may not want to throw that much money into this protocol.

I finished protocol right in the midst of meno (didn't really know for sure while I was doing it). The problem I had... is that I never was able to get out of Ph3. Which meant that I stabilized but only because I ate P3 foods for that full 1.5 year period. I went on a cruise where I ventured into some real sugar & starch and I couldn't maintain.

So, after reading many other women who were in the exact same circumstance (middle of menopause) struggle with maintaining losses, I came to the conclusion that I should not have spent a lot of money when you can do the same thing with homeopathic for $30 for one round. Or if you want to order from one of the overseas pharma, then you could do the pharma grade.

Oh, and I never quit makeup. I rebel when it comes that.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Well, strangely enough, I still get my period. Every 4-5 weeks, but I get it. So, while I am losing slowly, the END of menopause could be a long way away for me.

Can you explain further what the issue is? I wasn't aware of it. And why would homeopathic make a difference? If it's just spending less money, that reasoning does not appeal to me. I can afford it. And I want to try the real thing. (Nothing against hHCG, just how I feel personally.)
Old 07-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, strangely enough, I still get my period. Every 4-5 weeks, but I get it. So, while I am losing slowly, the END of menopause could be a long way away for me.

Can you explain further what the issue is? I wasn't aware of it. And why would homeopathic make a difference? If it's just spending less money, that reasoning does not appeal to me. I can afford it. And I want to try the real thing. (Nothing against hHCG, just how I feel personally.)
Oh, if it doesn't bother you to spend it, then no problem.

I realized a year and half later that my 60 days of 500 cals would have been less painful if I had not spent so much.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

But, Sunday, if it worked, it was worth it, right?
Old 07-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
But, Sunday, if it worked, it was worth it, right?
Yes, but in my case and pretty much all of my friends who did protocol (in my age bracket), it works perfectly if you are able to live life sans sugar, starch or chemical.

Now, to be fair I haven't known anyone since 09 who has maintained without having to do another round...or two or three...

Wishing you the best.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post

Now, to be fair I haven't known anyone since 09 who has maintained without having to do another round...or two or three...

Wishing you the best.
Yikes. Now there's my theory again. Meanwhile, there seem to be tons of JUDDDers who maintain. What to do?!

And when you say chemicals, what are you referring to - chemicals in food?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yikes. Now there's my theory again. Meanwhile, there seem to be tons of JUDDDers who maintain. What to do?!

And when you say chemicals, what are you referring to - chemicals in food?
Chemicals = processed.

If I had found JUDDD back when I did the protocol, I may have been able to maintain, although I am not certain. I am losing for the 1st time since doing protocol. I have a very busy life. I work from 8 - 8 during school year, so JUDDD is amazing for the busy person. It does seem to be more adaptable, in that it doesn't have to be low carb, so you can eat whatever fits into your numbers.

Buttah, it sounds to me that you should try hcg when you are able to commit to a 2 month period without interruption. Until that time practice JUDDD, because JUDDD is something that gets better with age.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. And after I'm back from this wedding, I will be just a tad bit closer to goal. Who knows, maybe I'll only have 25 left to go. Here's hoping.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Hi Buttah, the reason why many people can't maintain the loss with hcg is that they go back to their old way of eating. And this is what they made fat in the first time... Right? So, after hcg you have to find out what kind of foods work for you. For most people is fat, protein and veggies. There are a lot of people who can maintain while eating carbs because they do juddd. But eating carbs and other weight gain trigger food, without taking care, will make you gain weight if you did hcg or not.
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Rebecca, if that's all it is, I will be fine. I have already learned those lessons, as many of us have. My weight loss journey has been slow and steady with very long periods of maintenance interspersed throughout. I'm just surprised that isn't the case for more HCGers, which caused me to wonder if for some reason, it isn't something specific to the speed/method of hormonally-inhanced weight loss that makes it easier to gain.

I will ask the doc this when I have my appointment.

But having lost no more than 15 lbs since the beginning of February, while being REALLY strict about foods and calories, and now on JUDDD, having just gained a lb after my best DD ever, I am getting reaallllllly frustrated and desperate to see a more tangible reward for my efforts. My assistant, who sees what I eat every day, is literally stupefied that I never seem to have a "good week" on the scale, let alone a good day. A pound every 3-4 weeks is very demoralizing.

I know that it's harder at 55 (although still no menopause), that it took me years to gain (it really didn't - it was three pregnancies including a tragically late miscarriage), that my metabolism is probably broken, blah blah blah... but sometimes you just get to a point where you need something to happen on that scale or you're just going to fall apart. That's where I am now.

Sorry for the rant. I know many of you have been there.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, mistake - so I didn't gain a pound. Just stayed the same. But my rant stands, dagnammit!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
I have done both hhcg and rx hcg. They both worked equally well for me. It is definitely the quickest way to lose weight for me. It also takes a certain level of willpower and excitement to eat 500 calories a day for a month. If you have it in you- go for it! But don't cheat. Cheating one meal on hcg is like 2 UUADs in a row.

I'm sure there will be a point in the future when I do another round of hcg myself. I'm waiting for a big motivator.
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

I am so excited. I just called the doc/HCG clinic near me (from extensive research and rec's) and spoke to someone there. They provide counseling, monitoring, hand-holding, nutritionists, etc, especially in the maintenance/break phase, and the doctor (a woman family doc) who runs it checks out with phenomenal recommendations. For me, personally, I need this. Call it psychological or whatever, but it's where I'm comfortable.

The only question is whether I start this Thursday, the soonest I can w/ bloodwork, etc., and have 21 days of HCG with the three days of no HCG/500 calories on my travel and wedding days... or wait until I get back, at which point I will be slightly closer to goal.

I am so excited to see quicker results, though. It's a jumpstart/jump finish I really need right now, more than I can say. And I think, then I will return to JUDDD. Thank you all so much!