Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
@Buttah: I have tried a lot to loose some weight, done lots of sport, all with no real success. Hcg was the first thing who really made a change in the way I look. It is amazing for reange fat in your body. so if you have big hips it will take care of them, to fit your upper body or visa verca.
If I where you, I'd wait with hcg till after the wedding, enjoy the food there maybe you can make it your load day. And after the wedding you can start, and even do more then 21 days.
Please read the original protocol from dr simeons before starting. A lot of clinics say that they follow it to the T but don't really do.... My first round was with a doc, and he didn't had a clue how to do it. I found out about the real protocol to late.... So please read it!
It got mention here before to not cheat while on hcg, it will ruin your round. You will stall for up to weeks, and can ruin maintance.
And a word on load days: load well with healthy fats, and not a lot of carbs. It will make your first week on hcg so much better. I stuffed myself with avocados my last load days, I felt kinda sick. But I had the best hcg start ever!
Good luck and keep us posted!
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Oh and another thing: take potassium and magnesium.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Yes, I have read Pounds and Inches, and this clinic sticks to it religiously.

Just got off the phone w/ their nurse practitioner. I think we're going to use the wedding to load, just as you say. The other reason is that I'm in an insane deadline right now (please see DD + my work + super hard thread), and I'm loathe to throw anything new at myself until it's done.

Thank you! Super pumped.:cla p:
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Thank you, aarosali. Can you answer my question about how it's legal for websites to sell prescription HCG, or is it? I am still very confused about this. I always thought prescription meant you needed a doctor to prescribe it, yet from what I've read, it seems people just by the RX stuff online without one.

I am nervous about mixing, not injecting. All that sterile procedural stuff scares me. If the syringes came loaded and ready to go, I think I'd be able to do that.

Last question (I hope), what if you have to travel while you are still injecting or taking sublingual? I have a wedding at the end of August. Can this stuff be packed or carried on?
I think you got some great answers. Not an attorney so I can't speak to legalities. Regarding the wedding, my only recommendation is to take a break where you can have more flexibility in your menu. HCG is not forgiving. If you eat off plan, you can undo all the losses you've acheived. To answer your question, yes I've traveled with HCG preloaded syringes with no problems from TSA.

I'm happy that you found a Dr to administer HCG. One of my co-workers went that route and he lost about 30lbs in one round and has kept it off. It sounds like your center has a comprehensive program including maintenance tips. Ask them what they would recommend for the wedding. While a center may be expensive, it may be best for you as you may be able to lose all you need to in one round and then incorporate JUDDD into your maintenance plan.

I wish you all the best. Please keep us posted.
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

I am going to start after the wedding, so that I will able to add additional weeks to my first round. Their program rate includes 3 weeks of HCG, then 3 weeks of maintenance plus continuing support if needed. BUT, you can add additional weeks of HCG for add-on prices, up to a total of six weeks (a bit more than Simeon allowed?)

If I start pre-wedding, I'd probably want to do a break right after the 3 weeks. (And since our travel days are very long, with layovers, I'm just worried about those three days. Easier to JUDDD then than to HCG!) Waiting until after will allow me to do 4 or 5 weeks straight through of HCG if I'm up for it.

Cannot wait to get started, though. And hoping to be down a few more pounds when I do. This is money I am more than happy to spend (when I think of what I spent on meal delivery until I finally started learning to cook healthy low carb meals!). I have some minor health issues I want monitored, and I'm just not comfortable doing it on my own, especially with mixing. The very idea freaks me out. Maybe for a future round it won't!

I will keep you all posted.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Sounds like you have a great plan! Best wishes to you Buttah.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:42 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

@Buttah: I've seen your other posts/threads, and believe that you will be hapy with hcg. I wouldn+t. Have dare to do my fisrt round with no doctor, altough mine wasn't a good one. Anyway, I made 2 more rounds on my own with no problem.
Good luck to you!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:19 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaSimpson View Post
@Buttah: I have tried a lot to loose some weight, done lots of sport, all with no real success. Hcg was the first thing who really made a change in the way I look. It is amazing for reange fat in your body. so if you have big hips it will take care of them, to fit your upper body or visa verca. If I where you, I'd wait with hcg till after the wedding, enjoy the food there maybe you can make it your load day. And after the wedding you can start, and even do more then 21 days.
Please read the original protocol from dr simeons before starting. A lot of clinics say that they follow it to the T but don't really do.... My first round was with a doc, and he didn't had a clue how to do it. I found out about the real protocol to late.... So please read it!
It got mention here before to not cheat while on hcg, it will ruin your round. You will stall for up to weeks, and can ruin maintance.
And a word on load days: load well with healthy fats, and not a lot of carbs. It will make your first week on hcg so much better. I stuffed myself with avocados my last load days, I felt kinda sick. But I had the best hcg start ever!
Good luck and keep us posted!
Unfortunately, this was not my experience. I did absolutely no re-shaping. I still have large hips and thighs. When I hit 123 pounds after I finished a round I was amazed to see that I had practically no boobs left (I was small chested to begin with), but there was still plenty of cellulite on my saddlebags. I used to joke that apparently my body thought my breast fat was the only abnormal fat on my body!

For me, this was the most depressing thing about the hCG protocol. Especially since I followed it rigidly. I had such hopes that my body would really look more "normal" afterwards, but in reality, I look the same way I did before I gained all my weight.

I'm still happier with my appearance now then when I was overweight, and I am supremely grateful to Dr. Simeons and his hCG protocol, but I did go through an adjustment period when I had to accept there would be no re-shaping for me.

Basically, everyone is different, everyone's results will be different. I'm just thrilled that it worked well for weight loss.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:47 AM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Buttah I really hope this is right for you, it seems just what you need right now. Please keep coming to JUDDD while you are doing it, we are all interested in your journey.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

garnet,

I am a natural skeptic, and I have already come to the unscientific conclusion that what HCGers refer to as "reshaping" is just their eyes seeing in the mirror a body that lost very quickly. Anyone's body will "reshape" when it loses a bunch of weight, but I personally believe how it reshapes is going to be the same on any program. When we lose slowly it's harder to "see" the change. Furthermore, after all the years of carrying the extra pounds (for me, since three pregnancies), I wouldn't expect the shape to be what it was before!

If I am wrong, I suppose I'll be pleasantly surprised. And I would be thrilled to have smaller boobs. That's one thing the damn BMI doesn't take into account - huge boobs! I feel like they should win me a few extra pounds on that calculator.

Kissa,

I am not leaving JUDDD. I'll be with you all through August, and I believe I'll be back for maintenance. You are all so wonderful!

Last edited by buttah; 07-31-2012 at 08:23 AM..
Old 07-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #41

That's great to know!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

@Garnet10: I'm sorry to hear that the re shaping didn't work for ya. It totally did for me, I have lost all of my back fat. The only area which is still making me angry is my belly. Cellulite has gone too, thank god! So I'll get to P4 on monday, and will start judding again, hopeing to loose the last 12 pounds. You started juddd after hcg, right? Did you started to lose weight quickly, or did it took some weeks/months? I'm scared that my body wants/needs a longer break before it realising some more fat....
Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

As a follow-up, I'm curious about the reverse. Does HCG work more slowly with people who've already been losing prior to HCG? I would imagine any WOE works best when you're coming off of doing nada.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

I'm not sure about that, but I would say: hcg works always. Because the hcg does burn fat, the most during the first round. You will be amazed how the fat just melts away....
Old 08-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaSimpson View Post
@Garnet10: I'm sorry to hear that the re shaping didn't work for ya. It totally did for me, I have lost all of my back fat. The only area which is still making me angry is my belly. Cellulite has gone too, thank god! So I'll get to P4 on monday, and will start judding again, hopeing to loose the last 12 pounds. You started juddd after hcg, right? Did you started to lose weight quickly, or did it took some weeks/months? I'm scared that my body wants/needs a longer break before it realising some more fat....
I had done hCG--got within 10 pounds of my goal, then decided to take a break and just maintain until I was ready to do another round. Then in March (after maintaining a weight of 130 pounds for a couple of months), I started hCG again, but only lasted around 10 days--I just could not continue it (felt overwhelmingly exhausted, felt like I was going to pass out all the time); I took a few weeks break and then tried two more times--the second time I made it one week, the third time I could only do about 4 days. And I started to panic! This was my sure thing! (I was also going through a great deal of stress at work, so I think that was a big contributor.)

So I started researching other weight loss modalities and found JUDDD, which made sense to me. And I figured I could do 500 calories if they were only every other day.

The reshaping thing was very upsetting to me. I had actually gotten to 130 pounds last spring (I gained some weight after a vacation, and had done another round to get back to 130); I bought new clothes and they fit great. This spring/summer AT THE SAME WEIGHT, these pants are too tight to wear. So I guess I did "re-shape", just in the wrong direction! I'm pear-shaped, and amazingly my body re-shaped to be more pear-like. I have just started doing yoga, so I'm hoping this will help a bit.
garnet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

I thank you all again for your responses in this thread. An update: I have now lost 20 lbs, without about 24 left to goal. I still have a couple more weeks of JUDDD before I had planned to start HCG, and I now think I will wait until my JUDDD loss slows again. So far, that only seems to have happened in the very beginning. If that's right after my trip, fine. If not, that's fine, too.

My plan is to get close enough so that one 4-5 week round to do the trick, then return to JUDDD. If there are any other HCG-loser/JUDDD-maintainers out there, I'd love to here from you.

Last edited by buttah; 08-14-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Old 08-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

@Buttah: that's sounds awesome!!! Congrats!!! I think it's good plan to wait with hcg till your weight loss slows down. Why interrupting it when it is going so well. You will. Have an easy time to maintain your weight with juddd after hcg! Wtg!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Buttah glad to hear about your wt loss. I lost 50 lbs or so with homeopatheic drops hcg. I think HCG is definelty a miracle but i also find it to be a curse. Don't get me wrong ,I am thrilled that I lost the weight and I had to make a lot of sacrifice but the down side is I feel that its made my body extra sensitive to carbs and salt. If I eat too much salty foods like chinese dish I can easily gain 2 lbs. In the past when I was over weight I never noticed these types of gains but I was also not paying attention to it as closely either. So its hard to say for sure how hcg has changed my body's ability to process certain foods.

Since I started Juddding my reactions have been much better then just being on phase 3 maintence ( when I do eat sugar etc). For example before if I over ate on carbs and salt I could potentialy gain 4 lbs! over night but now the most I have seen is 2lbs. So my only warning is be aware that after hcg your body may react to foods differently. Ideally I wish I had found Juddd and lost weight with Juddd only. I do have some left over HCG and I am always tempted to do another round but I am afraid how my body will react after another round. Its like people who were doing low carb and switch to judding. It seems that possibly low carbing some how changed their ability to now accept carbs.

If juddd is working for you why mess things up?.....

Would love to hear if other post hcg users have found other down falls of using hcg or similar bodily reactions to carbs and salt post hcg.

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Cuttie99, I have always felt that salt and carbs can give me a quick water gain. But IMO it's really just that salt and carbs require your body to hold water. From what I've read, what the HCG diet DOES do is make you take every weigh-in like it's the gospel, and we all know that, especially for women, that is not the case. We have ups and downs that have nothing to do with fat.

That said, I haven't done HCG yet.

BUT... I think I will begin loading tomorrow (today will be my last JUDDD DD for a while, and I'm thinking of using a higher percentage on the calculator so my body doesn't go into shock with my first load day.)

The reason I'm "jumping" ship, albeit temporarily (I think JUDDD will be my maintenance plan) is that my JUDDD losses have slowed, and I'm finding myself eating too many junk calories on my UD's. I've typically been a healthy eater (just eat too much!), and I don't like this development. I wonder if it's a reaction to the hunger of DD's (and I understand that 500 calories will not be as difficult with the small amount of HCG in my system). I just don't know.

But every time I've gotten to this point in my weight loss journey (boredom, the scale not moving much, finding myself testing boundaries I don't want to test, etc), I have changed my WOE. And that has kept the scale moving downward.

So I'm going to plug my nose and jump into HCG land for a while.

I'll report back, if anyone's interested.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

@Buttah: have fun loading, would like to know how you are getting on with hcg! Happy fat melting to you
Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Please keep us posted. And.....good luck on getting the rest of the weight off.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Dear JUDDD buds!

It is now is now ONE MONTH later, so I thought I'd check in! To those who've visited my HCG journal, thank you so much. Your kind words and encouragement have meant the world to me.

I left JUDDD at 169 and change. Less than four weeks later (with "loading" and gaining for a couple days) I now weigh 156.5. Pretty amazing, if you ask me. Not the crazy numbers others have reported, but at my age, I'll take it. I have two more weeks to go, then the goal is to stabilize for 6 weeks before I start losing again (either back to JUDDD or one small last round of HCG, since I don't think I'll get to goal in the next two weeks). We'll see.

But overall, I'm really happy I did this. And I STILL believe in JUDDD. I've been touting it over in the HCG forums relentlessly. I don't think I'll go right to JUDDD for at least the first 3 weeks of maintenance (P3) - instead, I'll follow my clinic's very specific guidelines for putting back fats and other veggies, as they've had much success with that. I will also only eat when I am hungry, per Robin Woodall's Weight Loss Apocalypse.

After that, we'll see. Stay tuned. And visit my journal if you'd like!

xoxoxoxox

Last edited by buttah; 09-30-2012 at 09:50 PM..
Old 10-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #53

So glad you dropped by to keep us updated here. It is great to see you working the HCG and planning ahead for your JUDDD future.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Dear JUDDD buds!

It is now is now ONE MONTH later, so I thought I'd check in! To those who've visited my HCG journal, thank you so much. Your kind words and encouragement have meant the world to me.

I left JUDDD at 169 and change. Less than four weeks later (with "loading" and gaining for a couple days) I now weigh 156.5. Pretty amazing, if you ask me. Not the crazy numbers others have reported, but at my age, I'll take it. I have two more weeks to go, then the goal is to stabilize for 6 weeks before I start losing again (either back to JUDDD or one small last round of HCG, since I don't think I'll get to goal in the next two weeks). We'll see.

But overall, I'm really happy I did this. And I STILL believe in JUDDD. I've been touting it over in the HCG forums relentlessly. I don't think I'll go right to JUDDD for at least the first 3 weeks of maintenance (P3) - instead, I'll follow my clinic's very specific guidelines for putting back fats and other veggies, as they've had much success with that. I will also only eat when I am hungry, per Robin Woodall's Weight Loss Apocalypse.

After that, we'll see. Stay tuned. And visit my journal if you'd like!

xoxoxoxox
Boy, you make me want to do another round of hCG! I gained almost 10 pounds "trying" to do JUDDD--I saw the "Up" days as a license to eat more starch/sugar than I had previously and completely blew almost a year at maintaining a stable weight (even with indulging once a week on bread or pasta while maintaining--I just could not do this every other day).

I am actually re-re-restarting JUDDD today, keeping my head in the right place on my "regular days" (I will no longer call them "Up" days because my brain saw them as kind of loading days!).

Congrats to you!
garnet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

And down to 155.9 today, just to keep current. So great to "see" you guys.