Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SportFat
I have always had low BP, 100/65 ish. I also get sun and heat stroke, so summer's can be fun!

I know I don't have low potassium levels etc BUT I do find that if I ever feel a little dizzy then a packet of rehydration salts puts everything back in balance. They're cheap enough or me to have a packet in all the time and to take one before I feel too hot and bothered. I feel more reassured by the fact they have a balance of electrolytes not salt - and they taste better too!

Maybe they would be of some help to others.
SportFat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Sodium is an electrolyte.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Another low bp Buddd here too. I'm usually 95/60ish. Recently, I began having swirly issues upon standing, or turning around too quickly. Checking at WM over the next couple of weeks showed my to be in the 89-91/49-53 range. And I was craving potato chips like MAD.

I mentioned it to my naturopath on the next phone consult, and he attributed it to my adrenal issues.

One of the supplements I take for that is licorice root. I had been taking a brand he recommended, but had run out and picked up a different brand at the hfs (that was also cheaper). After a week on the new brand, I noticed the symptoms. Switched back to his recommendation and within a week or so I was seeing a bit higher numbers, and no swirlies. Last check I was around 95/55. Still lower on the bottom number, but getting better.

Licorice root has increasing bp as a side effect, which can be a problem if you have normal to high bp. It can be a help if it's low.

Side note--I had a miscarriage in 2009 that resulted in an emergency d&c. I was in recovery, chatting with the nurse, waiting to be taken to a room. And waiting and waiting and waiting. I finally asked what the hold up was, and she said she was just waiting for my bp to come up enough. I asked what it was and she said around 95-64, and I told her that was normal for me. If we waited for it to go up, we'd be there a LONG time. They moved me right away.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stellarexplorer
Stats: Male 6'-0" 193/167/170
WOE: no added sugar/ no starches
Start Date: March 21, 2012
This is timely. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow. Sunday AM I passed out and woke up on the floor with a broken toe, strained knee ligaments, and multiple lacerations. I had been dizzy upon awakening since starting LC, but hadn't fully appreciated the fact, and the need for salt and better hydration.

Wiser but wounded--
stellarexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Oh my goodness!!!
I'm so sorry...

Yes, low blood pressure IS something to worry about!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarexplorer View Post
This is timely. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow. Sunday AM I passed out and woke up on the floor with a broken toe, strained knee ligaments, and multiple lacerations. I had been dizzy upon awakening since starting LC, but hadn't fully appreciated the fact, and the need for salt and better hydration.

Wiser but wounded--
Wow, stella, I'm sorry! I hope you heal up quickly. Take good care of yourself.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Chips used to be so evil.
Now I picture all of us licking the salt off them, even on DDs.
Of course, the day I can lick salt off chips without embarking on a monster chip binge is the day I will have transcended all challenges, including my need for electrolytes.
Hang on to your toes, everybody. Happy day.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
I'll give you an additional caveat about having low BP...when you get as old as I and your pressure is running 120/70 at the doc's office and everyone is complementing you on having low BP and you try to convince them that it is high....I finally convinced my cardiologist and he's monitoring it with a different aspect.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote