Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Adi: Thanks!!

Hey Adi: I can't remember now which thread we were talking on yesterday when you recommended the "Mastering Leptin" book.

Anyway, thanks again! As I told you, I couldn't download that book to my Kindle because of problems Amazon was having with formatting at the time. So I ordered a hard copy and am waiting for it.

In the meantime, I downloaded "The Leptin Diet" by the same author and read it last night.

Wowzers! I love it! Many things I have already learned were confirmed and explained in greater detail. Plus, I learned a boat load of new and wonderfully useable information.

I have high-lighted paragraphs galore and book marked pages so I can go back and review and chew on all of this over and over.

This understanding of Leptin, Leptin resistance and the effect on overall health and weight control is the perfect marriage to JUDD at this stage of the game for me.

I was able to pinpoint exactly what's going on with my slow down in loss right now and how my body seems to be fighting to restore reserves. I also had new insight into how eating a very high protein dinner with little in the way of complex carbs can cause sleeplessness which in turn prevents the production and process of Leptin.

Thanks to you recommending this, I now have more in my arsenal and tool box to get healthier and healthier and reach my goal weight while enjoying my WOE immensely!

You are the Greatest, my friend!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
You are more than welcome. I am trying my best to follow the five rules even though it is hard sometimes. Reading about the why has also been helpful since it gives me a better understanding of other people's problems with weight loss. happy reading.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Adi: I wrote the 5 rules down on a page in my journal but I put them in a different order. Also, I modified them based on what he says in other parts of the book and also on wanting to keep the SIRT1 gene going at full throttle.

For instance, one of the rules is to have protein with breakfast. He says eating 2 meals a day is fine (no snacking) and some people need more protein that others. He says a rule of thumb (which I've heard many times before) is to divide your current body weight by 2 and that is the number of grams of protein you should have per day. And, he says breakfast does not have to be first thing in the morning.

That part makes me glad because I've never been an early morning breakfast eater. So I just wrote that the first meal of the day should have around 30 to 50 grams of protein for me.

It's interesting that yesterday all I had for dinner was mixed greens with a light dressing for dinner and a few slices of turkey breast for 15 grams of protein and 90 calories. I was not hungry after dinner and did not snack. I was reading the book at the time and it was a coincidence that I ate a meal just like he suggested.

I slept like a baby!!! He's right. Less protein, more veggies for dinner ratio and sleep is good! Let the Leptin arise!!

Scale stayed down today. .Yay!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-27-2012 at 02:38 PM..
Old 07-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

I quit fasting all day and started eating breakfast so I wouldn't break the eat a high protein breakfast rule and it has made DD's so much easier for me.
Also the section on edema has helped me so much. Combined with getting enough salt throughout the day and I have slim ankles again.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Adi: I just looked at a BMI chart and you weigh 153 now, right? For 5'7" you are already in the "normal" range on the chart. As I said on another thread, you look so thin and perfect in that photo! Seems like you can just put it on cruise now.

I read how you said you ran across a street with no foot pain the other day. That was you, right? Congratulations for that!!

You look great and you feel great. What could be better than that?
Old 07-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks and I celebrated "normal" awhile back so all is good. I really want to get back down to 145 and see if I can maintain there and then if I feel like it I can lose a bit more. I was 150.4 this morning so I am losing a bit more but of course that was following a DD. Will be back to 153 in the morning since today is an UD.
Yep I ran. And I ran two more times to the mailbox since my house is way back from the road. I figure it can't hurt me if I have my support shoes on.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 07-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow! Good for you for the running and for the low, low number on the scale. You must feel fab-you-less!!! fabulous! You are one motivated woman and my hat is off to you. Here I am just wanting to get to 180 and rejoicing when I find a chart like Jorge Cruise's that gives me permission to weigh 178, calling it a healthy weight. BMI charts say I've got to get to 169-170 to be in the "normal" range. If I ever get there, I doubt if I'll be motivated to go lower.

You have really inspired me in so many ways. One is that I watched your numbers and you talking about being a slow loser and also one who retains fluid when you eat salt. Me too. But you are so faithful to just keep your goals in sight, never seem to get too discouraged and keep everything in stride. It impresses me that you are reaching goals and beyond.

I'm struggling to get past feeling self-satisfied right now because I feel so good, so light and have gotten lots of affirmation from family and friends about how I look. I like how my clothes fit and how much easier it is to move around. If I keep being so happy with myself, how am I going to lose more weight? Right now I'm going to stick to JUDD rotations, implement some of Richards' good info and see where it takes me.

I've been so thrilled to keep off the weight I've lost. It's amazing to me that it is staying off.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

How sweet of you. You are 2 inches taller than I am and that makes a lot of difference in "healthy" weight. I was 120 for many many years and gradually crept up to 130. I only gained when I was 40 and pregnant with my one and only, all the way up to 190 and have NEVER lost it all. Got down to 144 but never lower. Maintained for about 6 years then developed a foot problem and could not walk for exercise, then had foot surgery and was dependent on DH for food since I was on crutches for 4 months. He can't cook and relied on buying ready made stuff and I ended up back at 180. Bad food and no exercise equals rapid weight gain. So I am thrilled beyond belief to be back in the low 150's and got here so easily with the UD/DD rotations with higher bounces than many but slowing inching downward.
If I can just get all 5 rules down and follow them I think I can get to my future goal weight of 135 in 2013. No rush here. Slow and steady and enjoying the trip.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

"No rush here. Slow and steady and enjoying the trip."

See? That's what I love! Coming to JUDD made me realize this is not a race and I don't have that frantic state of stress that used to make me feel like I had an expiration date for losing the weight.

Adi's rules for reaching WL goals:

1. No rush.

2. Slow and steady.

3. Enjoy the trip.

I love it!!