Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January Ė March ate LC/LC
Is it okay to cry here?

Ridiculous perhaps, I just feel so let down. I donít know what to think, and Iím not sure yet what, if anything to do. Iíve gone from feeling like Iíve been through a major metamorphosis, a positive one, to feeling like nothing actually helps.

I just got home from the doctor -- getting blood draw for labs. These are my first labs since starting JUDDD. For that reason Iíve gone from feeling excitement about getting the new labs done and seeing how things have changed to actually feeling a little bit apprehensive and stressed out. I so want the labs to confirm what I already feel Ė a lot better. Iíve been trying to figure out why the apprehension. I think it is because on some level I feel guilty. It is just too good to be true, I can eat and still lose weight Ė something must be wrong.

It was not many months ago that I was honestly falling apart. In my own words posted in January, in a different forum area,

ďIn general, right now Iím feeling pretty desperate. I am having a really hard time simply walking; I have a lot of back pain. Iíve recently had swelling in my legs. My blood pressure is up and Iím pre-diabetic.Ē

Actually, that description barely hints at how bad I felt and how desperate the situation was. That was a little over six months and 57 pounds ago. Now that awful place seems like a bad memory. I rejoice everyday because I feel so much better. The pain is gone and walking is not even an issue! I can actually go anywhere, something that was not possible in January when I could not even manage to walk through the grocery store. Who could ask for more than this, feeling normal again? I owe this to JUDDD and this forum.

Then comes todayÖmy blood draw. I wonít get the tests results for a couple days however I did get something that I really did not expect. Doctor tells me that my blood pressure is too high and I should be on medication for it. I thought that certainly my BP would have improved. Now Iím even more stressed about the lab results. I want to see the improvement I am feeling, so if anything else is Ďwrongí Iím not sure Iíll be up to coping with it.

Anyway, I donít know why Iím sobbing. It just feels like a kick in the face and one that I donít feel I deserve. It makes me feel like Iím failing somehow.

Sorry for the tears, I really just needed to vent.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Vent all you need to. We're here for you.

While it's not fun to hear you haven't had improvement in your BP, that really sounds like the lesser of all the evils you've mentioned. How wonderful that you've lost weight, feel better, have less pain! Those are all amazing accomplishments you should hold onto and revel in during those times you're feeling down.

Maybe you could make a list of all the benefits you've seen over the last few months and then tape it to your medicine cabinet, where you can see it each time you reach for your BP meds (if you're taking them yet). Think of it as an affirmation. You are absolutely doing wonderful things for your body. The BP may or may not come down on its own, but if you have to take medicine, it'll be okay. Possibly, your BP was elevated due to "white coat syndrome" where you may have been nervous because of seeing the doctor. It happens a lot.

Do you have access to a BP cuff? If you could test yourself periodically, at home, while you're not agitated or running around, it may just show it's not too high regularly.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #3

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Awww, sweetie. Of course it's okay to cry here. It gives us the opportunity to support you, and you the opportunity to be supported.

DH's blood pressure has improved on JUDDD, but he still has to take some of his meds to keep it in the optimum range. He's tried stopping them all, but the blood pressure climbs too high.

It's not not not a failure if you have to take a med to lower your blood pressure. Thank God the meds are there for people like my DH to take to help keep them healthy.

Not every health issue that we have is diet related. As overweight people, we are used to hearing that our weight is the cause of every possible ailment, but sometimes people just have high blood pressure. You can be thin and have high blood pressure, it's not always due to weight or the way we eat.

That said, you've said you have a ways to go yet in your weight loss journey. Sometimes when people get closer to a healthy weight for them, their blood pressure gets better. Just because you start a med to control your blood pressure doesn't mean you always will need it.

I'm so sorry you feel this way, but sweetie, you are a success!! Just look at that ticker at the bottom of your post! You've done so much to improve your health, you can move better, you feel better, you are doing better! So it's not perfect right now, it's still better than it was!

Imagine how much worse your blood pressure might have been had you not been JUDDDing and lost fifty-seven pounds!

You're doing the right things for yourself and you are getting healthier. Keep remembering that.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Go take your blood pressure at the pharmacy or better yet buy a home monitor and measure it at home.

One bad reading does not high blood pressure make. You said you were apprehensive about the labs, that is enough to make your bp go up right there. Were you running late for the appt? Was there traffic? Any/all of those things can make you bp go up.

I had a doc tell me my teen son needed to be on bp meds after one visit we made to see if he had inherited a heart defect we just found out my mom has. If he had this defect, he would have to cancel his summer plans and quit all the sports he likes.

Uh, no thanks to the meds just yet. We bought a home monitor and when his bp was tested while he was relaxed... just fine. Just fine at every doctor visit since too.

7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won! 9/14/14- Title 9K- I won! 11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K- I won! 12/7/14- Jinglebell Rock 5K- I won!
2/7/15 - Together Love Run 5K, 3/22/15- She is Beautiful 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.

Last edited by GME; 07-25-2012 at 01:31 PM..
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am so sorry Connie!

Let me tell you a bit about me and my younger brother. We both had BP issues with our weight gain. Mine was not as high, in fact, I think it only alarmed me because I have another heart issue (MVP) so it was bothersome and causing anxiety and in the back of my mind, I knew that I had better start working to bring my weight under control. Also, when I worked out or did much cardio I really began to feel nervous and bothered about my bp readings.

I started reading on a few of my fav doctor's blogs and read a blurb about magnesium deficiency and it's relationship to BP as well as to other health issues, such as anxiety and panic attacks, depression, fatigue, diabetes, migraines and other headaches, osteoporosis, insomnia, and most cases of muscular problems.

So, I bought the book that was recommended and started supplementing with a dose of liquid magnesium glycinate. Unbelievable, how quickly it brought my blood pressure back to normal! Same for my brother, (who has about 100 lbs to lose)! The name of the book that was recommended and you can read some of it online is, "The Magnesium Miracle" by Caroline Dean. If you have time, go to Amazon, read some of the reviews by folks that have lowered their blood pressure naturally, as well as healed insomnia, etc.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 07-25-2012 at 02:13 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
WHAT GINA SAID.

That's exactly what I was going to post. Did they then take it again at the end of the visit? That's what they are supposed to do if it's surprisingly elevated. White Coat Syndrome.

Now, here's what I want to know ... ... how much did the dr BRAG on you and your wonderful health improvements lately? Because it should have been... ... like... ..A LOT. And if not, was he/she alert at all?

Hruummpphhff.

If you want to correct blood pressure, btw, there are many helps, like starting a regimen of eating 1/2 cup of beans every day and other nutritional helps. I think the beans one is supposed to just be great help. Oh, and garlic supplementation is supposed to be excellent. I believe the fact that I take garlic may be the reason my blood pressure is always good.

Last edited by Whitlin'; 07-25-2012 at 01:48 PM..
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KelAly8894
Stats: 124/118/110
WOE: JUDDD 1500/500
Start Date: 5/29/2012
I am new to this forum. You have such a story to tell. Your weight loss over the last 6 months is incredible. What an inspiration you are to all those that have been lucky enough to hear your story. You didn't give up when you felt horrible. You've already shown you have what it takes to change things in monumental ways.

I know that many of us here will start to pray for you now and will continue to pray until we see that post from you that your BP is under control. It is a good idea to get a monitor to use at home to track your BP when you are more calm and relaxed.

Please continue to use this forum to let us know how you're doing and what you're feeling.
KelAly8894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Go take your blood pressure at the pharmacy or better yet buy a home monitor and measure it at home.

One bad reading does not high blood pressure make. You said you were apprehensive about the labs, that is enough to make your bp go up right there. Were you running late for the appt? Was there traffic? Any/all of those things can make you bp go up.

Yep, this is very true! I have tested higher at the doctor many times. There is a reason that anxiety is linked to higher blood pressure readings.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

While it's not fun to hear you haven't had improvement in your BP, that really sounds like the lesser of all the evils you've mentioned. How wonderful that you've lost weight, feel better, have less pain! Those are all amazing accomplishments you should hold onto and revel in during those times you're feeling down.

Maybe you could make a list of all the benefits you've seen over the last few months and then tape it to your medicine cabinet, where you can see it each time you reach for your BP meds (if you're taking them yet). Think of it as an affirmation. You are absolutely doing wonderful things for your body. The BP may or may not come down on its own, but if you have to take medicine, it'll be okay. Possibly, your BP was elevated due to "white coat syndrome" where you may have been nervous because of seeing the doctor. It happens a lot.

Do you have access to a BP cuff? If you could test yourself periodically, at home, while you're not agitated or running around, it may just show it's not too high regularly.

I was just going to mention "white coat syndrome" I have a serious case, my BP is always fine when my mom takes it (we make her bring her BP cuff when she visits!) but get me in a doctors office and my BP goes through the roof!!! My doctor never mentioned meds as I warned her how bad my BP gets.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you. Actually coming here to write is theraputic, the good, and I guess the less than good. So, thank you again for permission to occasionally vent off some of the stress. Iím already feeling better, it was just such a shock when all I expected to hear was great things.

Quote:
that really sounds like the lesser of all the evils you've mentioned. How wonderful that you've lost weight, feel better, have less pain! Those are all amazing accomplishments you should hold onto and revel in during those times you're feeling down.
Believe me, everyday I thank the heavens for finding this board and this woe. JUDDD has changed my life. Believe me, it was not for lack of trying in the past, itís just THIS is what works for me and I am not leaving it no matter what.

Quote:
Possibly, your BP was elevated due to "white coat syndrome" where you may have been nervous because of seeing the doctor. It happens a lot.

Actually this is something we discussed today. I do have anxiety going to the doctor. She suggested that I get a cuff to see what it does at other times, then weíll decide what to do. Thank you for confirming this idea. I was anxious today going in, so maybe it is better than the one reading today. Iíll be doing some research which ones are good later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Awww, sweetie. Of course it's okay to cry here. It gives us the opportunity to support you, and you the opportunity to be supported.
Thank you, really it is so meaningful to have friends who understand that no matter how great the successes, how much magic JUDDD offers that still this road is not always easy. Surprises, bumps in the road Ė they are all part of the weight loss journey. It simply all feels so much more do-able just not being out there alone. So, again, THANK YOU!

Quote:
Not every health issue that we have is diet related. As overweight people, we are used to hearing that our weight is the cause of every possible ailment..
This is so true and it is maddening that nearly everyone seems to imply the opposite.

Quote:
That said, you've said you have a ways to go yet in your weight loss journey. Sometimes when people get closer to a healthy weight for them, their blood pressure gets better. Just because you start a med to control your blood pressure doesn't mean you always will need it.
Yes, a long way. But, you know what, for the first time in my life I feel I will make it. I believe that the only thing that stands between me, and me at a reasonable weight, is simply TIME. JUDDD is not difficult, it is a gift.

Quote:
You've done so much to improve your health, you can move better, you feel better, you are doing better! So it's not perfect right now, it's still better than it was!
YES, I AM BETTER darn it, and I am getting BETTER still.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
N.W.: I cried just reading your post. Your feelings came through so beautifully in your words. I totally understand the apprehension about the lab results and the bummer feeling you have about the BP. I soooooooo agree with some things already said here.

When I started my WL journey I was taking BP meds. I told my doc I wanted to get off the meds after losing some weight. She gave me a big talk about how that isn't the case for everyone. She was very thin and in great shape and said she has to take BP and cholesterol meds. For some people it's just genetic. It does not matter how much they lose.

I agree that "white coat syndrome" is for real. DH and I own two BP monitors. One if for the arm, one is for the wrist and easy to pack for travel. I took both of them with me on a dr. visit when I first bought them to make sure they are accurate and they are spot on.

Nowadays I take my BP at home, relaxed, before going to the doc. That way I know for sure "it's not me, it's you!" if they get a different reading. One time a child ran in front of my car on the road as I was driving to my app't. I almost hit her. You can bet my BP was high.

BTW: in the instructions with my monitor, it says be sure both feet are flat on the ground if you are sitting. Now I always make sure my feet are on the ground. I used to have them dangling off that awful table in the doc's office and the BP was always higher. Take a few deep breaths and blow out slowly before you let them check your BP.

Anyway, when I read the quote from your old post and then how much better you are doing, walking better, back pain gone, so many good things I rejoiced at the progress.

Gosh Woman!!! You have lost almost 60 pounds! That is amazing and has improved your health and outlook in so many ways.

Keep in mind that some bodies need more time to heal. You are doing all the right things. I have to wonder where you would be now if you had not started this amazing WOL 57 pounds ago? Would you have stayed exactly the same with all the problems and pain and weight? Would you maybe have even gained more weight? (I know I would have if I had not turned a corner).

There is a saying: Let go and let God. See if you can put your worries about the lab results in a lock box somewhere at the back of your mind. You really can't do anything about it right now. If it turns out that all your blood work comes back great, you will have wasted some time and suffered unhealthy stress for no reason.

If some of the tests are not yet what you want, you will have some decisions about maybe taking a helpful medication to get things going in the right direction or you can talk to the doc about having more tests down the road as you continue to lose weight.

Make no decision before it's time.

Do come here and vent away. If you need to worry and it pops up in your mind or breaks out of that mental lock box, come here and we will worry with you and comfort you.

A wise P.A. told me if people look great and feel great they are usually doing great.

Is it going to take a week to get the lab results back? I'm gonna be praying they are all better than you even imagined.

We love you, Girl!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh! Oh! Co-Q-10 is awesome to take for lowering BP. You can do some research on the web about how it works and you can buy it at your local pharmacy over the counter.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Everyone has great advice - I just wanted to give you ! I know how health anxiety can be. Just remember that YOU are feeling better and that is more than half the battle. Your numbers will follow!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is an excellent video by Dr. Mark Hyman about what causes magnesium deficiency and how you can tell that you need supplementation. If you have trouble sleeping, 90% of time it is due to mag deficiency. So many foods we eat can deplete our balance of mag. Also, you don't need to supplement when you can simply eat more foods that are high in mag. (Avocados, nuts, black beans, brocolli, spinach, halibut, pumpkin, squash)

Or simply take an epsom salt bath.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
I totally have Doctor's Office High Blood Pressure! It is real. Especially after one bad reading, or when we're nervous that blood work won't have improved.

I now have a monitor at home - At my new weight, I'm always between normal and the high end of normal. I have stopped taking the low dose of BP medicine I had insisted on being on. Once I even brought my monitor to the Dr.'s office to prove they were in sync, which they were. Finding: the Dr. Office raises my BP!
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

(Slightly off topic - please forgive)

By the way - just a pet peeve of mine. You deserve your bloodwork results in hard copy as soon as they are available, so that you can file with your own records and compare with previous ones. You have paid for this.

So many times we don't have the records so we can refer to them to see what our trend has been, etc. - only the dr's office does. And we are the ones interested. (Also the ones who paid for it, not to mention that it's our blood.) Much too often, we're expected to accept a quick phone call that says some bloodwork number was "within limits, goodbye". And that is unacceptable.

Most offices are able to print out the recent bloodwork and the previous for comparison on the same sheet, but if not, they can provide a second printout.

I've learned this lesson the hard way having so much eldercare of various family members over years. More than once, if I hadn't caught an important change in a number, no one would have addressed it.

Oh, Dr. Hyman is so intelligent, Sunday. I enjoy his clear explanations.

YamYam, gee I also take CO-Q10 (as ubiquinol). Maybe that is a reason I've had no blood pressure concerns, too.

Last edited by Whitlin'; 07-25-2012 at 02:19 PM..
Old 07-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Here's old verbose me with another thought. I read something interesting about blood tests concerning triglycerides and cholesterol while people are losing weight and wanted to give you a heads up.

When our bodies are in "fat burning mode" and are in the process of burning up and sluffing off stored fat, where do you think it goes? Some of it is actually sweated out. It is secreted through the sweat glands. The majority is taken out through the kidneys.

How did it get there from where it was stored? Through the blood stream. So, sometimes, when your body is in a high fat burning mode, a blood test will show elevated LDL or triglycerides. That's just the fat in transit. It's not going to stay there and cause trouble. It's gonna get flushed out and away.

Wanted you to think about that part as you await the numbers. I thought it might be helpful.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
(Slightly off topic - please forgive)

By the way - just a pet peeve of mine. You deserve your bloodwork results in hard copy as soon as they are available, so that you can file with your own records and compare with previous ones. You have paid for this.

So many times we don't have the records so we can refer to them to see what our trend has been, etc. - only the dr's office does. And we are the ones interested. (Also the ones who paid for it, not to mention that it's our blood.) Much too often, we're expected to accept a quick phone call that says some bloodwork number was "within limits, goodbye". And that is unacceptable.

Most offices are able to print out the recent bloodwork and the previous for comparison on the same sheet, but if not, they can provide a second printout.

I've learned this lesson the hard way having so much eldercare of various family members over years. More than once, if I hadn't caught an important change in a number, no one would have addressed it.

Oh, Dr. Hyman is so intelligent, Sunday. I enjoy his clear explanations.

YamYam, gee I also take CO-Q10 (as ubiquinol). Maybe that is a reason I've had no blood pressure concerns, too.

Very true about your test results! Mine had some very strange readings on my cholesterol and calcium, that threw me for a loop. I think we need to keep all tests and refer to previous tests in order to know what is happening!
I can't tell you how much better I sleep with my daily dose of mag. Also, I love, love, love black beans, mac nuts & avocado.

Connie, I will pray for wonderful results and please remember you have come a long way and your JUDDD Budds are so thrilled for your success this far!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Whitlin: Last time I went to the doc I took the Co-Q10 about an hour before I went. My BP was really, really low.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gina
Thank you for the advice, and I am going to buy a good BP device and see what is going on for sure.

sunday
Thank you for the information, that really makes me feel hopeful. I just am not going to accept this. If there is something more I can do that could help, Iím going to research the possibilities. I will be adding the book to my BP monitor purchase at Amazon today. Iíve been deficient in so many things, this would not surprise me. Thank you!

Whitlin'
No, they didnít do the test twice. It was a new nurse (which give me even more anxiety) and when she did it, it hurt like heck.
As for the doc bragging on meÖno, none of that at all. I donít even expect it anymore. When I need positive affirmation, I come here! Other than hubby and you guys, no one else even notices...EXCEPT ME, I feel great!
I will look into the beans (pinto okay?) and love garlic, I can work more of that into meals, if not Iíll look into supplementing although I always feel the natural stuff is the way to go on most all things.

KelAly8894
Aw, thank you. My story is not unlike many others here and it was because of reading about other's experiences that I tried JUDDD. My first post on another at this site was titled, ďIím a mess, may I drag myself in hereĒ. Thatís where I skirted over my physical problems quoted above. I guess I had to ďdragĒ myself, cause walking on in wasnít an option back then! Now, heck I feel like I could lead the parade! I lost a bit of weight the first three months doing low cal/lowish carb, but it wasnít until I found JUDDD three months later (April) that the weight just started to fall off seemingly naturally. So, no matter what any numbers say, I AM BETTER and I am able to do so much now. It is amazing how many things we take for granted until we can no longer do them. It is a real drag to not be able to go places as simple as the store. Now, I CAN go ANYWHERE!

Hugs to you and wishing you much magic on your journey!

Connie
Connie
Old 07-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH, and how could I forget?!?!? The best thing about magnesium is DARK CHOCOLATE ! Yes, that is correct, dark chocolate is another good source for mag. Just go make you a cup of hot cocoa and relax friend!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
All around~ I just want to give you hug and offer you my support here too.. i dont have any advise but i do come here with a full heart of love to offer for all who need it Love you my JUDDD Friend~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Oh Yam Yam, you always have great words of wisdom and are a comfort to so many here. But please no sniffles for me, darn it! I love your empathy, however I just needed to let off some stress. Generally once Iím done crying, I get angry, or get down to business and so this BP is in for a challenge! I can improve it, or at least Iím going to try. If not, well then I'll get medication and it will have to help.

I do have a big anxiety about doctors, and mine is very well aware of it. It used to be I couldnít go in there without bursting into tears no matter how hard I tried. Iím past that for the most part, but there still is stress. I was stressed all day yesterday because of the appointment/labs. The Ďwhat ifsí about the labs started creeping in. Irrational fears given my good progress but thatís probably why the BP diagnosis today hit so hard.

Thanks for the tips on the monitors. I will do so carefully.

Where would I be now, if I had not found JUDDD? Honestly, I may not have survived. I was incapacitated with inflammation and pain. Again, this is why the BP thing hurts, I know I have done an incredible thing towards better health and feel practically normal now. I am still regaining strength, but I can pretty much do anything now!

It is great to know that if I do go onto medication for BP, that it might not have to be permanent.

Hugs to you my friend!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Start Date: 4/29/13
Connie you have been my inspiration and supporter since day 1.

I wish I had more time to post these days, i am so busy working.

I do want to mentiion that I also have BP issues and it is ALWAYS higher when the Dr takes it. Dont let this one thing get you down. You are doing so well, and you are already seeing a ton of great results! Our bodies are weird creatures, they heal themselves in their own time. As long as you stay the course all of these things will change for the better, they have to! You will look back on this post one day and say "see, this is how I felt xxx months ago, and look at me now! trim healthy and feeling great!

Many prayers for you sweet lady! I KNOW that you will be a success!

" Give God what's right, not what's left"
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
As for the doc bragging on meÖno, none of that at all. I donít even expect it anymore.
((Connie)) That just ain't right. After all the changes you have made, this should have been a day of blushing with compliments for you.

Honestly, it may be an embarrassment of riches, but our family doctor talks in a very cheerful, optimistic manner to us, and also listens well (which is the more important part) and when something has gone right for one of us, is quick to point it out. It can be done. I know it's tough to consider changing drs, but there are optimistic, attentive drs out there, really there are. Perhaps you could consider seeing a Physicians Assistant in the same practice. Sometimes they have more time and are able to take more interest.

Anyway, I'm smiling at this thread and all the people who want to help you.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

DD80
Thank you!!! Hugs right back at you!

sunday
Thank you for the video and your kind support. The video was very informative. Iíve seen Dr. Hyman before, talking about low-level food allergies and how they could impact weight loss.

buttah
Any suggestions on a brand or type of BP monitor to buy?

Whitlin'
My doc does send me the written reports, along with her hand written comments next to each result. She will have them back tomorrow and have them in the mail to me by tomorrow night. So, Iíll probably have them by Saturday. If anything were to be alarming, she would call me. She is also REALLY great in that anytime I have something that concerns me I can email her. She always gets back to me right away. I donít abuse the priviledge, and I am so grateful to have that connection. I am also lucky that hubby enjoys assessing and comparing the labs Ė he keeps mine in a special drawer. He has spent a lot of time explaining A1C to me. Heís diabetic (and normal weight) so heís a good sounding board for the labs.

YamYam
Thanks for the headís up on that, I will keep that notation for reference when the ďenvelopeĒ arrives!

Kimberly
Thank you!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoMom View Post
Connie you have been my inspiration and supporter since day 1.

I wish I had more time to post these days, i am so busy working.

I do want to mentiion that I also have BP issues and it is ALWAYS higher when the Dr takes it. Dont let this one thing get you down. You are doing so well, and you are already seeing a ton of great results! Our bodies are weird creatures, they heal themselves in their own time. As long as you stay the course all of these things will change for the better, they have to! You will look back on this post one day and say "see, this is how I felt xxx months ago, and look at me now! trim healthy and feeling great!

Many prayers for you sweet lady! I KNOW that you will be a success!

It does my heart good to hear from you! Thanks so much for dropping in, I've been missing you! We've been really busy here at home too, with some remodeling. I don't get to write as much as I would like here, and really I need to, it somehow is healing.

Don't stay away too long, drop in when you can. Hugs to you!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Oh Yam Yam, you always have great words of wisdom and are a comfort to so many here. But please no sniffles for me, darn it! I love your empathy, however I just needed to let off some stress. Generally once Iím done crying, I get angry, or get down to business and so this BP is in for a challenge! I can improve it, or at least Iím going to try. If not, well then I'll get medication and it will have to help.

I do have a big anxiety about doctors, and mine is very well aware of it. It used to be I couldnít go in there without bursting into tears no matter how hard I tried. Iím past that for the most part, but there still is stress. I was stressed all day yesterday because of the appointment/labs. The Ďwhat ifsí about the labs started creeping in. Irrational fears given my good progress but thatís probably why the BP diagnosis today hit so hard.

Thanks for the tips on the monitors. I will do so carefully.

Where would I be now, if I had not found JUDDD? Honestly, I may not have survived. I was incapacitated with inflammation and pain. Again, this is why the BP thing hurts, I know I have done an incredible thing towards better health and feel practically normal now. I am still regaining strength, but I can pretty much do anything now!

It is great to know that if I do go onto medication for BP, that it might not have to be permanent.

Hugs to you my friend!
Hugs back at YOU my friend. Isn't it good that writing and sharing can be uplifting? This is such a great support group and you are a big part of it. You always have good words of encouragement for others, so it's a joy to be able to send some back.

Have to mention 2 things about crying. All my life I was brought to tears easily until menopause. I mean, Dh thought I was a bit too sensitive when I would cry when the Pampers diaper commercials came on TV because the babies were so sweet! Menopause hit and I did not cry for over 6 years. Coincidentally, DH started blubbering over everything! You should see him watching a Hallmark channel movie.

I remember watching "You've Got Mail" and when "Somewhere over the rainbow" started playing in the back round and Tom Hanks says, "Don't cry, Shopgirl". I saw his shoulders shaking and I was annoyed. All I was thinking through the whole movie was: I'm staying for the credits to see if a woman wrote this because men do NOT talk like that and write emails like that. They are just not that sensitive. Of course it was the wonderful Nora Ephron, rest her soul. But I didn't have a tear. Not one.

Menopause is over now. I'm back to weeping when I hear beautiful music or when my kids send me flowers or DH shows up after work with a dozen red roses for no reason. At our last women's auxilary meeting for VFW we sang the National Anthem and I cried. Almost cried during the Pledge of Allegiance! I love it that I can be moved again. I think all the 6 years worth of stored up tears are gonna take a while to come out!

I hear ya on the anger and resolve following tears! The morning of August 1st last year I cried for about 2 hours. I had stepped on the scale and realized that while visiting my family on the other coast for a funeral and then a wedding and having an extended stay there, I had put back on the 10 pounds I worked so hard to lose the first part of the year. It was like Groundhog day.

Every year I would work so hard and it would take about 6 months to lose, slowly, 10 pounds. Then something would happen to throw me off track and the weight would come right back so fast it made my head spin.

When I looked at that scale and it said 230 pounds, I went to my husband and started pouring out all my feelings about myself and I started to cry, and cry, and cry. Then I got mad. Then I got to work making a plan and I started that day. Crying can lead to good things!!

Oops,,,phone ringing. BRB
Old 07-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
((Connie)) That just ain't right. After all the changes you have made, this should have been a day of blushing with compliments for you.

Honestly, it may be an embarrassment of riches, but our family doctor talks in a very cheerful, optimistic manner to us, and also listens well (which is the more important part) and when something has gone right for one of us, is quick to point it out. It can be done. I know it's tough to consider changing drs, but there are optimistic, attentive drs out there, really there are. Perhaps you could consider seeing a Physicians Assistant in the same practice. Sometimes they have more time and are able to take more interest.

Anyway, I'm smiling at this thread and all the people who want to help you.
I'm smiling too, this board is the best, kindest place on the internet!

Actually, my "doctor" is a nurse practioner and actually she is pretty wonderful. I go to her because she is the only "doctor" who thought it was more important that I actually receive health care than it was for her to force me onto the scale each visit. I promised I would come in, and she promised I did not have to be weighed. So, maybe she notices but who knows. My friends haven't mentioned it, darn it. Someone here once said, "The pants don't lie" well all of mine are telling me that it's time for them to retire! Eventually SOMEONE will notice! Until then, I don't care because I feel so much BETTER!!!

Last edited by NoWeigh; 07-25-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Old 07-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #30

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post

buttah
Any suggestions on a brand or type of BP monitor to buy?

Thank you!
I'm not buttah, but I'm going to weigh in here. I have an Omron wrist cuff. I was an EMT in an occupational health setting for years, and used both the standard sphygmomanometer and my cuff, often testing the accuracy against each other, and over 4 years, it was ALWAYS right in line with my manual readings. I didn't get the cheapest model. I think mine was about $80.00, but I've used it for years and it still works great! There are less expensive models and some which are much more, and they are probably all fairly accurate~definitely moreso than the drugstore machines which rarely get calibrated, IMHO.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote