Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm not buttah, but I'm going to weigh in here. I have an Omron wrist cuff. I was an EMT in an occupational health setting for years, and used both the standard sphygmomanometer and my cuff, often testing the accuracy against each other, and over 4 years, it was ALWAYS right in line with my manual readings. I didn't get the cheapest model. I think mine was about $80.00, but I've used it for years and it still works great! There are less expensive models and some which are much more, and they are probably all fairly accurate~definitely moreso than the drugstore machines which rarely get calibrated, IMHO.
Thank you so much for this info. I am definitely going to want a good one, as I need to trust it. Money is not too big a concern. I am concerned though, that when they do this at the doctor's office, it really HURTS...I know that I will not put myself in that much discomfort by choice, so should I be looking for a wrist type do you think?

Thanks for any further info.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tag425
Stats: 160/127/120
WOE: JUDDD since 5/12
Start Date: Hcg 4/12. JUDD 5/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Go take your blood pressure at the pharmacy or better yet buy a home monitor and measure it at home.

One bad reading does not high blood pressure make. You said you were apprehensive about the labs, that is enough to make your bp go up right there. Were you running late for the appt? Was there traffic? Any/all of those things can make you bp go up.

I had a doc tell me my teen son needed to be on bp meds after one visit we made to see if he had inherited a heart defect we just found out my mom has. If he had this defect, he would have to cancel his summer plans and quit all the sports he likes.

Uh, no thanks to the meds just yet. We bought a home monitor and when his bp was tested while he was relaxed... just fine. Just fine at every doctor visit since too.
I am a nurse and so many things affect your Blood pressure, the fact that you stated how stressed over the blood tests, can play a major roll in your blood pressure. If many readings are high, then maybe medication would be needed. I can't wait to hear how the test results are! I am betting they are improved!
Tag425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Thank you so much for this info. I am definitely going to want a good one, as I need to trust it. Money is not too big a concern. I am concerned though, that when they do this at the doctor's office, it really HURTS...I know that I will not put myself in that much discomfort by choice, so should I be looking for a wrist type do you think?

Thanks for any further info.
Yes, the wrist cuff is very comfortable. My little one even likes to take her BP with it and you know how sensitive they can be.

ETA: The one I have also tracks several readings (10-20 maybe?) with the dates and times, which I think is a great option for tracking trends. It stores them in memory and you can review them whenever you want.

They make one that takes the reading at your finger, but I don't think it's quite as accurate.

Last edited by KeirasMom; 07-25-2012 at 03:12 PM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #34

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Dearest, dearest one, I am so angry about this test! Surely these days every health care professional knows about White Coat Syndrome and if your test was that uncomfortable it shows the nurse was not the most caring.

I just want to reiterate what our wonderful JUDDD BUDDDs have already told you. You have accomplished so much and you have inspired so many over the past few months. Thank you.

I am so happy that your DH is aware of the wonderful changes you have wrought in your body. I only wish you had a medic who had his/her eye on the ball.

I understand your emotional response. I would have cried too. My guess is that with a good 'cuff' and regular testing you will prove these tests wrong. But, if not, at least you know that the numbers are better than they would have been had you not been following this wonderful way of eating

You are in a much better place than you were. Be proud of that. Continue with the choices you have made and prove them all wrong.

We are so lucky to have you here. Be strong. xxx

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 07-25-2012 at 03:27 PM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Dawn. I've been looking over units listed on amazon. I tried at omron and only found one cuff listed however there must be more. I just want to make sure I get the best one I can. I like the idea of tracking the trends, otherwise I'll just add it to my calendar/weight notations.

And, thank you Nurse Tag425. I hope you are right. Won't be too long a wait.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

BIG HUGS to you Cindy! You are always on this board with the kindest words of support for so many. You are the best, we are all so priviledged to have you as a JUDDD Bud, and I am especially grateful.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #37

my dear friend.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Connie: Just wanted to pop back in and say that definitely you don't have to be on BP meds forever. When I was first put on them, it was a guy doctor who was so snotty and such a know-it-all. He told me I would have to be on them the rest of my life. Hmpphh! I showed him! lol. My new lady doctor is just so awesome and when she saw my BP really, really low after I had lost quite a bit, she told me to stop taking them and take my BP every morning and evening. A few weeks later I took my note book in to show her all the readings and she actually did a happy dance! She is so cute. I wish all doctors were like her.

I told her what the guy doc had said and she told me they only say that because most people who go on them continue to lead a sedentary life with poor eating habits and don't do anything to see if they can improve BP and stop taking them. She said that many women experience high BP during menopause like I did and then it can often correct itself with the help of a good diet, exercise and weight loss when the hormonal crazies die down in post menopause.

OK, I will stop blabbing! I'm glad you started this thread because lots of peeps are gonna be helped by it.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Like you said The Pants Don't Lie and I for one love watching your signature scale go up, up, up. Your weight loss has been incredible, but what really matters is you feel so much better. I felt, I don't know, disappointed that my doc was not thrilled about my weight loss. He just basically said keep going. Well, what did I expect... a gold metal? I'm in the health care profession and I would have showed a bit more excitement and genuine happiness for my patient, but this man has probably never been overweight a day in is life. I get my whoo hoos here, from friends, co-workers, etc. Don't let his get you down. You know you feel better and that's really what counts!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
A few weeks later I took my note book in to show her all the readings and she actually did a happy dance! She is so cute. I wish all doctors were like her.

...She said that many women experience high BP during menopause like I did and then it can often correct itself with the help of a good diet, exercise and weight loss when the hormonal crazies die down in post menopause.
So happy to hear that you were able to get off the BP meds!
ALSO, very interesting to know about the spike during menopause.

Carly, Thank you. Changing my graphical scale for my signature here is something I look forward to. I am often rewarded with doing so after a DD, not always but often. Today was a really good one at 2.5 pound drop! A magic whoosh for sure!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
So happy to hear that you were able to get off the BP meds!
ALSO, very interesting to know about the spike during menopause.

Carly, Thank you. Changing my graphical scale for my signature here is something I look forward to. I am often rewarded with doing so after a DD, not always but often. Today was a really good one at 2.5 pound drop! A magic whoosh for sure!
And, that is worth a celebration!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I'm really sorry you're going through this, and that you feel so anxious and disappointed.

I don't have time to read through all the replies right now, so I apologize if I'm repeating stuff...

My doctor always takes my BP twice. The nurse takes it when I come in, then he takes it towards the end of our visit. The second reading is always lower. My BP & tachycardia were so bad a few months ago that just walking to the exam room from the waiting room, or getting up onto the exam table, was enough to send them skyrocketing.

I got a home monitor and I read that to take your BP correctly, your feet should be flat on the ground, your back should be supported (this usually doesn't happen at the dr's, on an exam table ), and you should rest for 5 minutes before taking it. This can make a significant difference in the reading.

My doc, whom I find very sweet & lovable, told me that since I was trying to lose weight & had just found out I had diabetes, he would wait til our next visit to consider medications. However, I got the home monitor and was alarmed by my readings. Also fed up with how I was feeling. So I did some research, and started a bunch of natural supplements. Within a couple weeks, my readings were down from about 160-170/95-100 to 115/75. At that next visit, my doc was VERY pleased with my lower BP and heart rate!

I posted this on another thread...here's what I take:
Quote:
Olive leaf (full spectrum) 2 capsules
Hawthorn berry, 2 capsules
Potassium, approx 400-500mg
--(I just buy NuSalt & fill my own capsules. One is equivalent to 4-5 commercial pills.)

I take this twice a day. I also take magnesium; I don't think it was helping on its own, but it might be good to take it with this other stuff.

(Almost) every night I prepare a 2-quart pitcher of decaf green tea (4 bags) and dried hibiscus flowers (about 2tbsp). I add 1/2 tsp of Vitamin C powder and drink this iced all the next day. I also usually add some Mio (berry pomegranate) or instant green tea mix; the hibiscus & Vitamin C are pretty tart!

Vitamin C is really helpful...I think it makes your arteries more flexible, so they can expand a little when the blood pumps through them.

I sort of started all these things at once, in a panic! I've run out of everything at one time or another, or been lazy about making the tea or taking the Vit C, and after a couple of days, my BP went back up. Sometimes just the bottom number, sometimes the upper number. I can't remember which thing affects which number...but it seems I'm better off sticking to this plan!

Anyway, my whole regimen probably costs $20/month or less.
Let me know if you want any info on where to find anything!
I always found the cuff to be painful, not just uncomfortable, but as my BP has gone down so has the discomfort. It doesn't hurt or bother me at all any more.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 07-25-2012 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: grammar
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much for the information!

OMG...I don't know if I can drink that, iced tea, or iced coffee for that matter, set off my taste buds "Really Awful" gag button. Can this stuff be made hot? Or taken by pill, or any other way than an iced liquid version? I don't know why it affects me that way, but it always has. I do drink regular tea every day -- but it has to be hot.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
If you are referring to the green tea/hibiscus, sure, it can be hot.
It's just more convenient for me to prepare a big pitcher and have it ready to drink all day, and it's easy to add the vit C. I drink it at room temp more often than "iced".

It's probably not the most important part of my regimen.

The hawthorn berry & olive leaf seem to help most. Potassium & the hibiscus keep me from retaining water too much water, and vitamin C is said to be important for cells, collagen, and other things, so I try to take it every day.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Oh no, please don't cry! All sorts of people have high blood pressure. I know doctors are always saying, if only you lose weight, then your health will be perfect, unicorns will prance on rainbows, and Santa will put a perfect life in your Christmas Stocking...but that's just another game that erodes your self-esteem.

You've done amazing things. You should be proud of yourself. You've changed the things that are within your control. Not everything is!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)

What everybody said. Get a personal BP monitor. Keep a log. If you doctor does not seem to notice the weight loss, tell her! She needs to incorporate that into any diagnosis/investigation she makes.

I am holding you in my heart dear (with the list of health problems you had when you arrived here, you have been in my prayers for awhile now.)
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Connie, I want to apologize for being so quick to criticize your dr yesterday. Obviously, she has good qualities and everybody is not big on compliments. I think I was a little defensive on your behalf and got carried away.

Also, I wanted to tell you that I read a little about why beans help (actually help circulatory health in general), and it is the magnesium and potassium as well as the fiber, so that definitely ties in with some of the other good advice you've been given here. (Yes, pintos were one that was studied.) I come from a long line of farmers who ate beans every lunch. Of my elder relatives who ate/eat lots of beans, blood pressure remained excellent throughout (very) old age, to the point that drs comment.

Steph makes a good point. Read hers twice.

Hugs.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Aw .. vent and cry away, that's what we're here for. I didn't make it through all the posts, but I second what the ones I did read said.

Get a monitor you can do yourself at home. High BP tends to run in my family and thankfully I don't have it unless it's being taken!!! When I go to see any doctor, it's always a bit up unless I get to chill in the waiting room for a few minutes before being called in. It's always been normal despite my weight. Even with my recent surgery, whenever they'd take it was normal. I was also able to check mine almost daily at the place I exercised at and it was always high until I just sat and chilled for a few minutes.

You have done amazing in your weight loss journey!!!! You've lost what I hope to lose!!! Even if your BP ends up staying a bit high, look at all you've accomplished and how much better you feel!! Everytime I see your little scale ticker, I confess I'm a bit jealous!

And hey, there are plenty of stick thin people with HBP, so do not think you're failed in any way!!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #49
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Wow! Sorry to be late to the party and sorry you had to experience this feeling of let down and anxiety!!!

Everyone hit it spot on the head!!! Let your body tell YOU, how you are doing. Now blood pressure isn't called the silent killer for nothing...but if you aren't feeling tired, etc, heavy chested, it's probably fine and white coat syndrome.

But there's one more thing. If you are heavy as I am, and have flabby arms? Blood pressure cuffs HURT! Trust me, I've had enough used this year to last a lifetime. I won't even let them take it with one of their blasted machines any longer. I bring my own manual one in from home and make them take it with that! Those machines never get my top number right, and so they automatically re-inflate. It's soooo painful. It spikes my bp by 20points both systolic and diastolic. At home my bp is 120/70 to 130/90. At the docs office it is usually 136/84 - 170/100! If I'm in pain it's even worse!

I do take bp meds (Cozaar 100mg), but still. Those dern cuffs suck!

Congrats on the 57lbs. You are doing fantastically!!!!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Pirate Jenny said
Quote:
I read that to take your BP correctly, your feet should be flat on the ground, your back should be supported (this usually doesn't happen at the dr's, on an exam table ), and you should rest for 5 minutes before taking it. This can make a significant difference in the reading.
Thank you, Jenny. Perhaps we should all decide to remain seated in a chair in the examination room, feet flat on the floor and back supported, until after vital signs have been taken. THEN hop way up on that crinkly white paper to let our feet dangle!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ghostface
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm not buttah, but I'm going to weigh in here. I have an Omron wrist cuff. I was an EMT in an occupational health setting for years, and used both the standard sphygmomanometer and my cuff, often testing the accuracy against each other, and over 4 years, it was ALWAYS right in line with my manual readings. I didn't get the cheapest model. I think mine was about $80.00, but I've used it for years and it still works great! There are less expensive models and some which are much more, and they are probably all fairly accurate~definitely moreso than the drugstore machines which rarely get calibrated, IMHO.
what is the model number of the one you use/recommend. the tracking ability is important to me.
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface View Post
what is the model number of the one you use/recommend. the tracking ability is important to me.
I'm not at home so I can't verify, but I went to their website, and mine's a lot like their BP652, 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor. I doubt they still make the one I use, as it's at least 8-10 years old. I looked at their on-line manual for the model I listed, and it appears it holds 100 readings in memory automatically. That's a lot! I'm not sure if mine holds that much.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Thank you to everyone, your support has meant more than you can know.

Sorry for my delay in getting back here, I’ve been trying to relax and get back to a more comfortable frame of mind. That was a lot of stress yesterday and I had a heck of a time sleeping last night. I’m finally beginning to feel better and wanted to check in here…BUT…before I did, I happened to click onto email. I was not expecting to see that my LAB RESULTS were sent via email, something that has never been done before, they have always been dropped in the U.S. Mail. Should this worry me? If that change in delivery wasn’t enough to catch my attention there are two emails, one titled “Labs” and one titled “Lipids.” Yam-Yam, you mentioned elevated LDL or triglycerides levels during weight loss yesterday – is that lipids? Anyway, I want to wait to open them until hubby is here in a couple hours.

Whitlin, No apology necessary. The thought of someone being defensive on my behalf is pretty sweet, so Thank You!

VanillaLatte, Thank you for the compliment. I’ve got a long road still, but little by little I will keep on going. My HOPE, my belief is that JUDDD will allow the losses to continue.

I have been shopping the monitors and appreciate all the comments and especially Dawn’s info. I’ll be selecting an available model ASAP, then hope to find it at a local store so I don’t have to wait.

Hugs to all,
Connie
Old 07-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #54

Don't stress too much about the lab results coming via e-mail. I have read several time that people are getting them that way, so it may not mean anything.

I'm pretty sure I got my cuff at my neighborhood pharmacy. They have them all over the place.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #55

Can't wait to hear the results, Connie.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Connie: From Wikipedia:

"Lipids constitute a broad group of naturally occurring molecules that include fats, waxes, sterols, fat-soluble vitamins (such as vitamins A, D, E, and K), monoglycerides, diglycerides, triglycerides, phospholipids, and others. The main biological functions of lipids include energy storage, as structural components of cell membranes, and as important signaling molecules.[4][5]

Lipids may be broadly defined as hydrophobic or amphiphilic small molecules; the amphiphilic nature of some lipids allows them to form structures such as vesicles, liposomes, or membranes in an aqueous environment. Biological lipids originate entirely or in part from two distinct types of biochemical subunits or "building-blocks": ketoacyl and isoprene groups.[4] Using this approach, lipids may be divided into eight categories: fatty acids, glycerolipids, glycerophospholipids, sphingolipids, saccharolipids, and polyketides (derived from condensation of ketoacyl subunits); and sterol lipids and prenol lipids (derived from condensation of isoprene subunits).[4]

Although the term lipid is sometimes used as a synonym for fats, fats are a subgroup of lipids called triglycerides. Lipids also encompass molecules such as fatty acids and their derivatives (including tri-, di-, monoglycerides, and phospholipids), as well as other sterol-containing metabolites such as cholesterol.[6] Although humans and other mammals use various biosynthetic pathways to both break down and synthesize lipids, some essential lipids cannot be made this way and must be obtained from the diet."

and...

"Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) is one of the five major groups of lipoproteins, which in order of size, largest to smallest, are chylomicrons, VLDL, IDL, LDL, and HDL, that enable transport of multiple different fat molecules, including cholesterol, within the water around cells and within the water-based bloodstream. Studies have shown that higher levels of type-B LDL particles (as opposed to type-A LDL particles) promote health problems and cardiovascular disease, they are often informally called the bad cholesterol particles, (as opposed to HDL particles, which are frequently referred to as good cholesterol or healthy cholesterol particles).[1]"

So, shorter answer might be that the lipids panel is all of the fats including triglycerides and LDL and HDL, right? I'm learning with you!

Take some deep breaths before you open your results. Will you know what the numbers mean? When I get mine, I usually fax them to my DDIL who is a P.A. so she can interpret for me!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-26-2012 at 04:37 PM..
Old 07-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Okay...HOORAY! Finally, I think it looks like pretty GOOD NEWS…hubby (my labwork ‘assessor’) says my labs have improved since starting JUDDD in April, and improved hugely since quiting diet coke in January. In January my A1C was 6.5. I quit diet coke and the next A1C at the end of March was 5.8! Yesterday my A1C was lower again, to 5.7.

She wanted to tweak with my thyroid medication, to slow me down, and I begged her not to since I am feeling so good. She’s letting me go with this dose until the checkup in October and then will decide.

So, here are my numbers which are not YET super great, but improving!:

July, 2012:
A1C: 5.7
Glucose: 88

March, 2012:
A1C: 5.8
Glucose: 105

January, 2012: The worst I’ve ever felt.
(When I got test results I quit diet soda which changed everything for me)
A1C: 6.5
Glucose: 113

It’s harder for me to understand the following results, and their relationship to the big picture. I believe as Yam-Yam pointed out that the LDL gets higher as the fat is on it’s way out the door. At least that’s what I’m choosing to believe -- it's more fat leaving! The HDL is the good type and it takes, I read somewhere, longer to come up and stablize after/during weight loss.

July, 2012:
TC: 176
HDL: 35
TRG: 130
LDL: 105
Ratio: 3.0

March, 2012:
TC: 161
HDL: 34
TRG: 165
LDL: 94
Ratio: 2.8

January 2012:
TC: 185
HDL: 39
TRG: 130
LDL: 120
Ratio: 3.1

It is going to be quite awhile on the weight loss journey for me. I hope the numbers continue to improve overall, the doc seemed pleased with this small improvement in A1C and glucose.

Thankfully, tomorrow is an UD and I get to spend the day doing fun things with my gal pal. We're going shopping, which should be relaxing!

BIG Hugs to you ALL! Honestly I don't know where I would be if not for this board.
Connie

Last edited by NoWeigh; 07-26-2012 at 05:34 PM..
Old 07-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Wow! Connie, you are doing just as all of the JUDDD Budds believed!
We need to let you be our spokesperson for the greatness of ADF! So happy to hear this report.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

The glucose results are stellar! On that one point alone, you can do the happy dance, for sure.

The A1C continues to be SO much better. I'm so glad for you that you realize what did it and can keep that up. Plus it's good knowledge for the rest of us!

You continue to have improved LDL and improved total cholesterol even though they may not be as great as that one moment in March. Triglicerides have (has?) corrected nicely from a jump (although even that jump may not be important in the grand scheme). I think you and YamYam are correct that the LDL and HDL need time to settle.

I'm delighted for you.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Connie: I am so happy for you! And, I know you are relieved as you should be. You should be so proud of YOU!!! You are on your way, Girlie! Just as you knew, you are improving in every way. Your weight loss so far is just amazing. You are feeling better and now you know your health markers are getting better, too.

Enjoy your gal pal UD tomorrow! You deserve to have a wonderful, happy, stress free day!!