Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Becky, the vinegar treatment is great for getting some of the ickies out of my hair (from gel, mousse, etc.). I try to do that every several weeks. Plus it helps my curls to get a bit bouncy again.

I just use conditioner to "wash" my hair. It can take a couple of weeks to get used to it because some people view the "oil" as bad, but it's just the hair's natural oils coming back. Alot of people are skeeved by not using shampoo, but the only thing shampoo has that conditioner doesn't, is the stuff that makes the bubbles. Which makes us feel clean. The bubble stuff strips the hair of natural oils. I haven't used shampoo in years and anyone who trims my hair says it always looks healthy.

Awesome that you use silicone free stuff, too!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
PJ, I googled and found your grandmother's stuff - it comes in a box and has a blonde chick on it - is that the one? I posted on the DE thread and hope some of the suggestions will be carried at either Netrition or our local VS store.
If you Googled "Nature's Plus Ultra Hair", yes, that's the one. I guess they changed their packaging. The old boxes had a brunette.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I am on week 3 of no shampoo using baking soda/water to clean and acv to rinse. I have 2 teen daughters that have done this and one had particularly oily (and very long) hair, but she made it through the transformation and is loving it. They've been doing hot sweaty field work the last few weeks and after their showers their hair looks clean so that convinced me to try it.

My hair is super dry (hypothyroid) and extra kinky in high humidity. (Before I was diagnosed I had super straight smooth hair that tended to be oily.) I had tried many 'natural' and/or organic shampoos and nothing made my hair look good and it was actually getting worse. Now it's back to being mostly smooth and not so frizzy though a really humid day will make some frizzies come out. It does look thinner though....the frizz helped to 'fill' it out. LOL
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: Your guess is as good as mine...
Start Date: Start date: Constantly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Becky, the vinegar treatment is great for getting some of the ickies out of my hair (from gel, mousse, etc.). I try to do that every several weeks. Plus it helps my curls to get a bit bouncy again.

I just use conditioner to "wash" my hair. It can take a couple of weeks to get used to it because some people view the "oil" as bad, but it's just the hair's natural oils coming back. Alot of people are skeeved by not using shampoo, but the only thing shampoo has that conditioner doesn't, is the stuff that makes the bubbles. Which makes us feel clean. The bubble stuff strips the hair of natural oils. I haven't used shampoo in years and anyone who trims my hair says it always looks healthy.

Awesome that you use silicone free stuff, too!
I decided last night to use the last of my Lush bar shampoo (didn't want to throw it out as that stuff ain't cheap)! The only reason I don't like it is it has SLS in it and I didn't know this when I bought it . So I suds up, rince and get out of the tub then I decide I need some conditioning so I get some coconut oil (not a lot...or so I thought) and run it through my hair, I combed it and zonked out. I wake up with hair that could have held dreadlocks, it was clean for sure but sooooo "clumpy" and kinda greasy. I re-shampooed this morning in the shower with my SLS free stuff and conditioned with a very little bit of coconut oil, my hair feels much better! Can't wait to get my DE in, my husband is ordering it from amazon for me.....please let it help my hair!!!

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote