Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Moral and other support, please?

After working like crazy to lose about 8 total pounds from February to (low cal/low-glycemic) May-ish (can't remember), then stalling completely from May-ish to July (while staying between 1000-1500 calories), I figured maybe changing methods would break the plateau, and it did. After about 2.5 weeks of the Dukan Diet, I FINALLY lost 6 more...

But realizing I just can't "live" on Dukan... And after another week of a very limited diet and a seemingly stuck-again scale...

I come to JUDDD.

So far I've had one UD (1700 calories) and yesterday was my first DD (under 500).

At the risk of TMI, my one biggest hope for the first UD was that the extra food and fiber would FINALLY get me to the, you know, bathroom. It didn't. (more on this later)

My only hope for yesterday's DD was that I'd wake up and see a lower number on the scale. After all, under 500 calories, the very first time, one would at least expect to see a bit of water weight loss. I didn't.

And worse, even though I felt fine DURING the DD, upon waking up, my head was pounding like crazy, and I honestly didn't feel good.

I just had a Jimmy Dean De-lite egg white sandwich (189 calories), some coffee, and I feel much better. BUT...

I'm really worried that my body is simply stuck again. And I'm scared to death of seeing post UD gains that, after working SO hard to lose so little all these months, will kill my spirit.

And now for the "other" issue. The Dukan high protein/low carbing constipated me like crazy. So I started taking psyllium husk capsules. After five days of no result, I resorted to a couple of Senokot last night (which I've taken at least once or twice a week since Feb, and I'm worried about abusing) and finally had some relief. Does anyone else take psyllium? Does it usually take this long to work?

Will I wake up with headaches after every DD?

Has my body just gotten to the point where it functions on hardly any calories?

Will the scale, and my intestines, ever move regularly again?

Would you characterize JUDDD loss as average, rapid or slow, compared to other WOE's?

I've read a lot of threads, and you guys are awesome. You also seem, on average, the happiest of all the WOE's!
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD

I'm sorry you're having anxiety about all this. The one constant with this WOE seems to be bounces on the scale. That's just a fact, and one that takes a while to get used to. I think you may get discouraged if you weigh daily or even every other day for the first little bit. I could be wrong, but that's the feeling I get from the tone of your post. It may be better for you to weigh only once a week or even go longer between.

Regarding the speed of loss on JUDDD: that, too, is different for everyone. In the beginning, I lost way faster on JUDDD than I ever did with low carb. It's only been recently that it's slowed down significantly for me, and I attribute that more to a) the amount I've already lost, and b) medication and health issues.

Others lose more slowly with JUDDD than with other plans, but really enjoy it so much more, so that makes it worthwile to them.

Another big plus with JUDDD is all the wonderful health benefits from the alternate day CR. They really do happen for nearly everyone. One of those benefits is appetite suppression. I think, for you, you may need to wait for that to kick in to help with your headaches. Even though your DD was relatively painless, maybe you had a delayed hunger reaction. I honestly don't think you'll end up having headaches after every DD, once you get into your groove.

Best of luck! We are the happiest group around~because we can eat whatever way makes us feel well and happy!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
When you make a change you need to give your body a period of adjustment... a month, or at least 2 weeks, before judging it. Tell yourself not to worry about it, just follow the plan, andsee how you are and where you are later.

About the headaches... YES it DOES get better. You have passed by the worst part! Congrats on making it through! DD1 was by far the worst, DD2 was better and it has been smooth sailing since.

As for the weight gain- when you add carb to a diet you also add water weight. It's going to take some time for your body to adjust and there will be scale bouncing. You might try only weighing after DDs.

You are and will be fine! *HUG* It's a journey- not a race! It's the person who savors that journey that's happiest!
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Buttah: Hang in there! As has been said, it will get better. What JUDD has to offer above all other plans is enjoyable eating while at the same time activating the SIRT1 gene (aka "skinny gene"). It will take you appx 9 DD rotations to get it into full swing where the sirtuin enzymes are built up and doing all kinds of wonderful things including helping you burn fat and drop pounds.

Don't underestimate the importance and power of the Silent Information Regulators and what they can do for your body.

Now, I want to address the other issue in a couple of ways.

1. Intestines can be full of a whole lot of toxic waste and it's important to get rid of it. It can keep the scale UP, UP, UP. And, it can make you sick.

2. I'm concerned that you are not getting enough healthy fats in your diet. When I did Dukan, I never gave up my Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fish oil capsules, and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. I still lost weight rapidly while doing Dukan. I just know too much about the importance of healthy fats to not eat them every day. They slip right out of your body and keep your insides clean as a whistle and they do not make you fat!!!!!

I recommend that right away you start taking 1000 mg of cholesterol free high quality fish oil in capsule form 3 times a day. Once in the morning, right when you wake up, once mid day and once at night before you go to bed.

To get things moving, 2 flax seed oil capsules will help.

Also, start with a teaspoon of EVCoconut Oil stirred into some hot chocolate or take it however you can. If you are brave enough to take a tablespoon full the first time, you might want to make sure you are at home because I'm pretty sure it will help you "go" pretty quickly.

3. On the psyllium husks. I think they are awesome but not in capsule form. The powder is way better.

For now, go to your local drug store and get some sugar free orange or fruit flavored metamucil. Stir a heaping teaspoon into about 4 ounces of ice cold water and slug it down. Follow it immediately with 16 ounces of water. Don't stop drinking and sipping until that glass is empty! You could take flax seed capsules at the same time.

By the next morning, you are gonna be so happy!

4. Constipation causes headaches, big time.

5. Make sure you are getting lots of green, leafy veggies in. Buy a huge bag of frozen spinach. Cook it. Stir in either CO, EVOO or butter and enjoy it with your protein.

6. You can also add your psyllium husks or metamucil (which is psyllium husks) to a nice smoothie or protein shake. It goes down easy, fills you up and cleans you out -- washing away toxins, waste and even fat.

OK, sermon over!!!! Again, hang in there!!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Ahhhh... you need a hug. I can feel your anxiety. Take a deep breath and relax. You have gotten some great advice here already.

I got headaches on my DD's for the first couple of weeks. I figured some detoxing was going on in my body. They did go away and I haven't had them since. Being "plugged up" can cause headaches too.

I take psyllium husks and they tend to work that day, but everyone is different. I think taking it in powder form works better. Are you sure you are getting enough water in? That is so important.There are so many causes for constipation, it is hard to say what will work. For me, it always seems to go along with low levels of magnesium. Getting my levels up always helps me. Yes, your intestines will move again.

Your body will adjust to the new way of eating. It sometimes just takes time. One up day and one down day is not enough time to make any evaluations. Just keep following the rotation and stay within your calories and I think you will be pleased.

As mentioned by others, people lose at different rates. Heavier people may lose faster. People who haven't dieted before may lose faster. Each person is so different. Stick with it consistently and see how it works for you. Try not to feel so anxious. Anxiety can slow down weight loss!! You will do fine. Just give it time.

Edit- I just read Yam-Yam's great post and I agree with the whole thing about the fats. She has some great suggestions.

Last edited by sungoddess; 07-24-2012 at 10:11 AM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Ahhhh... you need a hug. I can feel your anxiety. Take a deep breath and relax. You have gotten some great advice here already.

I got headaches on my DD's for the first couple of weeks. I figured some detoxing was going on in my body. They did go away and I haven't had them since. Being "plugged up" can cause headaches too.

I take psyllium husks and they tend to work that day, but everyone is different. I think taking it in powder form works better. Are you sure you are getting enough water in? That is so important.There are so many causes for constipation, it is hard to say what will work. For me, it always seems to go along with low levels of magnesium. Getting my levels up always helps me. Yes, your intestines will move again.

Your body will adjust to the new way of eating. It sometimes just takes time. One up day and one down day is not enough time to make any evaluations. Just keep following the rotation and stay within your calories and I think you will be pleased.

As mentioned by others, people lose at different rates. Heavier people may lose faster. People who haven't dieted before may lose faster. Each person is so different. Stick with it consistently and see how it works for you. Try not to feel so anxious. Anxiety can slow down weight loss!! You will do fine. Just give it time.
So glad you mentioned the water and the magnesium!! I take magnesium, calcium and fish oil with half a glass of milk right before bed.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
(((hugs))))

I'm going to address the metabolism--since I started with a horribly slow metabolism. I'd trained my body to survive on 1100 calories a day, and it was quite content to do so, and didn't drop a pound in 2 months on that level of deprivation. (To be fair, I was following a paleo woe and was quite satisfied with the amount of food I was eating, always felt full and satiated. But I was NOT willing to cut calories to lose more, and that's when I came to JUDDD, because I wasn't at goal yet).

In the first week I lost 2 pounds, then gained 1 in week 2, and didn't lose again until week 4. I am now quite easily maintaining 5-6 pounds below my original goal (since Early April), and eating more calories than I would have believed possible back in Jan. I just had some healing to do before my body was willing to believe it wasn't in imminent danger of starvation and gave up on holding on to every morsel I fed it.

I experimented with carbs and found my body really can't handle the refined starches and sugars. I have blood sugar spikes from those. So I maintain my paleo woe for the most part, and stick to a whole, real food diet, heavy on veggies, moderate on animal protein, lighter on fruit, and treats only rarely. I do make sure to get good fats in every day as Yam-yam talked about. EVCoconut oil, EV Olive oil, nuts and nut butters.

And I need to keep my magnesium up or I get stopped up very easily. If you buy a magnesium supplement, make sure it is any form EXCEPT Oxide. It is the cheapest and most readily found, and is essentially worthless.

My suggestion, try a few of the remedies for your constipation suggested here and get that taken care of. Add a good magnesium supplement at bedtime for ongoing regularity. Get a tape measure out and measure some key areas (upper arm, upper back, chest, midriff maybe, waist, hips, inner thigh). Write those down with your starting weight, and then put away the scale and tape measure for at least 1 week, 2 would be better.

Focus on the rotation, sticking with your calories, making good, nutritious food choices, and healing. If you lose weight or inches in this time, that's bonus, but not the primary goal. Don't think about the aspect of JUDDD that allows you to add higher sugar/carb content foods. Feed your body the best foods you can afford, get plenty of good water in daily, get enough rest, and make sure your bowels are working the way they should.

After 2-4 weeks, THEN refocus on weight loss and maybe playing with food choices to see how your body responds.

But really, healing should be your only focus right now. I know weight loss is what drove you here, but if there are other reasons your body isn't releasing the weight, you will simply get frustrated and bounce to another woe that will likely be just as frustrating.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
and from all. not much else i can add other than to hang in there.. allow your body time to adjust.. Many things in life are worth waiting for and what JUDDD can and will do for you is "worth the wait"!~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #9

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
hang in there Buttah.

Great advice here already and lots of hugs coming your way from me .

I agree with all of the above, water is vital, magnesium is a great help, good oils so important in so many ways.

Try to lose the fear. Deep breaths, have confidence, stay true to your intention and be patient. Don't obsess with the scale.

You will be fine, the headaches will go and so will the weight and the 'issues'.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for all the great advice!

A couple of responses. Yamyam, I never stopped taking my fish oil either. However I was severely limiting fat on Dukan. I have since started having small amounts of extra virgin olive oil in salad dressing again. I drink TONS of water.

I am not familiar with the benefits and uses of coconut oil, so I guess it's time to read up on that, but if you have a few quick facts, I'd love to know.

As for magnesium, nobody has ever told me I'm deficient in it, but I seem to recall it's in one of the other supplements I take - perhaps vitamin D (which I have been taking for years)?

I think refined carbs aren't good for me, either, which is why I've been eating low glycemic no matter what plan I'm on. However, on my first UD I did have some, in the form of pad thai, but that was a special treat for me. I am very scared of pasta, bread, etc. for years now, and tend to avoid except the occasional treat.

Thank you all so much. Off to read up on some of this, and buy psyllium powder (so mad I wasted days with capsules!)

Last edited by buttah; 07-24-2012 at 11:35 AM..
Old 07-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Also is EV coconut oil that you take the same kind that you'd cook with?

I already use unrefined virgin coconut oil on my skin and hair!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Also is EV coconut oil that you take the same kind that you'd cook with?

I already use unrefined virgin coconut oil on my skin and hair!
I get Nutiva brand Extra Virgin CO, cold pressed and yes, I cook with it and it's awesome.

Some of the BUDDs have said there is no difference between virgin and extra virgin. I don't know the research on that. But, I started buying Nutiva. You can get it on Netrition and I have also found it elsewhere on line. DDIL found some in her local grocery store. Oh, I bake with it as well. It's awesome!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Yam-Yam, I will order that right now!

Meanwhile, question. I have been taking 2 1000 mg caps (2000 mg per day) of either one of these top brands of fish oil (not both), per the bottle.

Were you advised to take it 3 x a day (3000 mg per day), or are you saying just for constipation?

New Chapter Wholemega Fish Oil, 1000mg, 120...">Amazon.com: New Chapter Wholemega Fish Oil, 1000mg, 120...Amazon.com: New Chapter Wholemega Fish Oil, 1000mg, 120...
Nordic Naturals - Epa Xtra, 60 softgels: Health...">Amazon.com: Nordic Naturals - Epa Xtra, 60 softgels: Health...Amazon.com: Nordic Naturals - Epa Xtra, 60 softgels: Health...

I would also love to know if anyone thinks one of these two types is better than the other. Thanks so much, you guys.

Last edited by buttah; 07-24-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Yam-yam, I just downed the metamucil. The other stuff is coming tomorrow, and I don't imagine you meant to do all of at once (coconut oil, etc.). I did, however, two teaspoons of M because the jar said one tsp three times a day, and it's already night. I hope I'm not sorry! Did a spoonful of some flax seeds earlier too (don't have the caps yet).

Here's hoping!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Yam-yam, I just downed the metamucil. The other stuff is coming tomorrow, and I don't imagine you meant to do all of at once (coconut oil, etc.). I did, however, two teaspoons of M because the jar said one tsp three times a day, and it's already night. I hope I'm not sorry! Did a spoonful of some flax seeds earlier too (don't have the caps yet).

Here's hoping!
You will be fine buttah! I also have to take fiber every now and then to get the plumbing working. I believe that is what happens with VLC! Best wishes on your success!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:58 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260-186.6-/-170-5'5/51
WOE: Grain/ Sugar free and 4:3
Hi buttah and big to you! You will be fine, it gets so much easier every day!
I also had the bathroom problem and tried just about everything, metamucil, prunes, some natural laxative, then some exlax, NONE of these helped me!! What works for me now is flaxseed, I buy ground flaxseed meal and make muffins, I have at least one of those a day and have not have had anymore problems!
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
You are in a good place here. This forum is wonderful and the WOE is, well pretty darned easy. JUDDD can be, and probably will be simply magical for you too.

When I came to this forum, I had a lot anxiety, and sounded much like your post here. I was paranoid about foods and I was so afraid of what I referred to as my "broken metabolism." I thought I would gain weight trying JUDDD. Instead I took a leap of faith and lost 15 pounds the first month. What was crazy is that my calorie count didn't change, in essence simply the timing of eating. Apparently my body had been reacting as if it was starving and would barely let loose of any weight dieting conventionally. I don't completely understand the magic behind JUDDD, but as for getting the metabolism going, this is the real deal. I am 58 years old and hypothyroid. That can be a tough place to be for weight loss, however I'm doing pretty well, eating all types of food, so honestly there really is something to this. Relax, EAT, count the calories carefully, BREATHE and try to not be too obsessed with the scale. Give it a month, I'm betting that you will be amazed!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

NoWeigh, your post means so much to me! I am 55 (still get my period, though!) and I really didn't even try to lose the weight for the last 15 years (it's pretty much weight from 3 pregnancies). Being a working mom was just too overwhelming.

So when I finally got serious a couple years ago (lost a little, then got frustrated and maintained until this past Feb, when I got serious again), I really thought it would go consistently fast, like someone who's never dieted, you know? But man, it is hard.

When you say that on JUDDD your "calorie count didn't change," I assume you mean on average, right?

And as for my, achem, metamucil report, it's 9:23 am, just had a cup of coffee, a half a sandwich thin and some SF peanut butter (DD #2), and...nothing.

I guess I'm upping that matamucil dose today.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
NoWeigh, your post means so much to me! I am 55 (still get my period, though!) and I really didn't even try to lose the weight for the last 15 years (it's pretty much weight from 3 pregnancies). Being a working mom was just too overwhelming.

So when I finally got serious a couple years ago (lost a little, then got frustrated and maintained until this past Feb, when I got serious again), I really thought it would go consistently fast, like someone who's never dieted, you know? But man, it is hard.

When you say that on JUDDD your "calorie count didn't change," I assume you mean on average, right?

And as for my, achem, metamucil report, it's 9:23 am, just had a cup of coffee, a half a sandwich thin and some SF peanut butter (DD #2), and...nothing.

I guess I'm upping that matamucil dose today.
UM.. I am still waiting for my dose to kick in too.. i have not gone yet since last thursday morn~~~
Old 07-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Have you been taking M every day since Thur? And how much?

I think my Senokot or Senna tea 3-4 times a week (for a few months) may have messed up my system.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
NoWeigh, ...
Yes, I mean that my calorie average over two days is the same now as before I started JUDDD. I tracked my calories meticulously before I found JUDDD. Because I knew what they were, I was very apprehensive to increase my UD calories to try this. Honestly it truly was a leap of faith thanks to the experience of those on this forum. I am so totally grateful to have found this woe.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Have you been taking M every day since Thur? And how much?

I think my Senokot or Senna tea 3-4 times a week (for a few months) may have messed up my system.
ya i have. plus i am taking a vegatble softner per what my doctor said on the phone twice a day and well... STIL NOTHING.. So i just may do the unthinkable and go get me some liquid citrace magnesium and stay home for a day and make sure all is cleaned out, and then just go from there.. I have an apt in Nov to see a gatro doctor to see whats goin on in there
Old 07-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Yes, I mean that my calorie average over two days is the same now as before I started JUDDD. I tracked my calories meticulously before I found JUDDD. Because I knew what they were, I was very apprehensive to increase my UD calories to try this. Honestly it truly was a leap of faith thanks to the experience of those on this forum. I am so totally grateful to have found this woe.

That is why your post means the world to me.

I have tracked calories since February!!!

I was concerned, though, that yesterday I could only get to around 950 (because of fullness from metamucil), when my UD number is supposed to be 1750. And that was coming off my first DD - a clean 500. I hope that average doesn't do the opposite of help my metabolism!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #24

Quote:
That is why your post means the world to me.

I have tracked calories since February!!!

I was concerned, though, that yesterday I could only get to around 950 (because of fullness from metamucil), when my UD number is supposed to be 1750. And that was coming off my first DD - a clean 500. I hope that average doesn't do the opposite of help my metabolism!
Once shouldn't hurt anything, but if you aren't able to get anywhere near your UD most of the time, I think it could affect your loss. The beautiful magic of JUDDD is in the fasting/feasting.

There are great ways to increase your calories without increasing your food volume too terribly much. If you want to stay low carb, add extra butter to your veggies, take coconut oil right of the spoon, peanut butter and nuts are great too if you eat those things. Choose higher calorie meat options and cheese. You get the picture.

If you're not low carb, there's always chocolate! And donuts! Full fat yogurt, ice cream, etc.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

I totally agree with Dawn. You need to get those calories most of the time on UDs. The magic is caused by the big swing from low cal to higher cal between the days. The UDs convince your body you are not starving and it starts the burning mechanism. On the DD it keeps right on burning, using up your stores. Before it has a chance to react to the DD low calories, you are feeding it again. It works, but you need to eat. Once you get going, trust me, finding calories will not be a problem! And DDs will be pretty darned easy to manage as well.

So, go have a cupcake!!! (:

Wishing you much magic!
Connie

Last edited by NoWeigh; 07-25-2012 at 02:51 PM..
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Dawn, believe me, if it weren't for the horrible constipation and feeling like I could burst from the Metamucil, I could've gotten there. UD calories will not normally be a problem.

But because of the 950 cal UD, this DD is much harder than the first one. I may have to go to 35% or a bit more just to get through it. Then tomorrow I will have a "normal" UD.

But I lost a pound since starting JUDDD! And that's without, you know.... succeeding in the bathroom after all these days!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #27

Since yesterday was so low, I wouldn't worry a bit about going up higher today, or even making today an UD if you feel like it and if it won't throw a monkey wrench into any other plans you have.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

I was thinking of that, but I have a dinner event tomorrow AND one on Sat - so it would be good if both were UD's, as is now the case.

But I'll keep it in mind, and if I need a bit more, I'll have it. It's hard, when you're new at this. It's easy to be squeamish about doing it "wrong!"
Old 07-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #29

Once you've been at it a while, you'll fall right into the patterns and not even have to think about it. It really is freeing. Best of luck!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
You have already received a bunch of great suggestions and support. Try to give yourself a minimum of 4 weeks on JUDDD. I was reaping many of the benefits by then, but the best and most rewarding came after 6 weeks. The headaches will improve and stop, at least they did for me. I find 2 things the most helpful with the bathroom issue 1) Miracle noodles/ rice or anything with gluc powder 2) magnesium. Like others have said the scale bounces and it can be unpredictable. Look for the thread Non-Scale Victories- please list them and What do *you* love about JUDDD.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote