Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I think we need a pic of you in the gold lame number!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I'm nodding emphatically in agreement.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
I wondered why the urgency was necessary, too. Relax, breathe, take time to be present in your body as it is...embrace it!

Actually, I really needed to read this thread today, so a thousand thank yous for putting it out there. I'm not feeling much urgency either. I know I want to lose another 10-20lbs but honestly, I feel so good these days (in my mostly-size-12s-and-some-10s) that I can't force myself to rush. Pretty awesome when you think about it
You probably look awesome and perfect in those 12s and 10s!! maybe the urgency is no longer necessary. I mean, since health has improved, huge clothes have been donated, waist size is in under the safe zone.... all those good things, maybe it's time to back away from the urgency and move into the embrace and relax-for-the-ride phase. I'm seriously considering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
My first thought when I saw this thread was, "if you figure it out, let me know!"

Honestly though, I'm in the same boat as you. I have been maintaining for a long time and I think it is a good thing because 1) I've never maintained for this long that I can remember (sad, huh?) so it's teaching me how to maintain and 2) I think my body needs to have a chance to stabilize and get used to this weight before I can lose again comfortably.

I hope you find your way Yam Yam! You are doing so well and are such an inspiration on this board!
Me too on what you said about maintaining. I have to pinch myself to realize it's been almost effortless to retain my losses so far. It's unreal. Also, I'm learning so much about myself and my body in the process. I'm sure there will be future freak outs and future ugly bounces on the scale and cravings and self-flogging. But, perhaps they will be few and far between. I hope so! For both of us. Let's learn together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyPants View Post
Yam-Yam I can think of a milllion things to tell you right now, but the one thing I do want to say is take a break but keep only one eye on the scale. Give yourself a weight window. I am new to this WOE but I am not new to dieting. You are stressing.

Did you read the post by Cricket Is JUDDD do-able long term? -- my n=1 experiment.

She hit target in March and has just been doing a loose(not counting) UD's and DD's.

When you are re-grouped, refreshed and ready to continue. The weight should fall away again.

Relax and enjoy your sisters' visit.

---------
Mere
Thanks, Grannypants! I am soooooo gonna enjoy my time with my sisters! I just spent an hour going through some clothes and swimsuits and trying to decide how not to OVER pack! We will be spending lots of time at the beaches on Coronado and at Oceanside and lounging around the adults only pool at the Welk Resort in Escondido. I'm tempted to bring 5 bathing suits, just 'cos I can!

Yes I read the thread you mentioned and was really encouraged by it. I can see myself being at that place someday.

I'm definitely taking my scale with me to southern CA. I'll have to sneak it in to the Villa and hide it from my sisters. They will smack me if they find out I'm weighing myself every day. I've been at this long enough to know if I don't step on the scale every morning, I'm not accountable and in danger of going off the rails. It keeps me real and reigned in for sure.

I'll be jotting my weight down in my journal every morning along with a few notes about how I'm eating and how I'm feeling about how I'm eating.

Other than that, I will relax. I promise.

The same author who talked about weariness and self-satisfaction also said that if you want to succeed in losing weight you must avoid at all costs 1)stress 2)set backs 3)problems. Since every life is full of all three, I have not figured out how to do it.

But I have learned that many things we worry about never come to pass, so worry is a waste of time. I've learned that a lot of problems turn out to be opportunities. And, I'm trying to think of set backs like a sling shot. The set back is the action of pulling back the rubber band so when I let go, I'll be propelled forward, into the future, closer to where I want to be.

I can't choose what happens to me in life. However, I do have the power to choose my attitude and how I will react to what happens to me in life. Even problems, setbacks and the stress from both! Can everyone say "Amen!"

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I will seriously make that happen!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm looking for the full length shot but for now, here is the top part of the dress! It's actually a dress (sleeveless, floor length) and then the jacket of the same material with the fancy fringe. Not being a fashion designer I don't know what to call things. ha! Anyway, sorry I have to take a picture of the picture, but I don't own a scanner. It will probably be blurry when you click on it.

DSwed 001.jpg DSwed 002.jpg
Old 07-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, it's not all that blurry, huh? What do you think? The photo does not do the color justice. It's a beautiful shade of gold and the sleeves on the jacket are a fine lace.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #37

It's gorgeous, as are you in it. I swear you have the best smile!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
It's gorgeous, as are you in it. I swear you have the best smile!
Thank you! I got a pretty cute DS (the groom) and DH of now almost 40 years, too, huh?

The dress is still like new as that's the only time I ever wore it. Think I should wear it to a fancy dinner on our next cruise?

I love your smile, too. You look like a fashion model in your new avatar. I read your comment about the "girls" on another thread. You and I have that in common. Yours look great, but I'm still not sure what to do with mine. They showed up about 10 years ago (part of the joys of menopause according to my lady doctor who had the same issue). It was like waking up one morning and ,"hey! where did these things come from???
Old 07-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Well, you might as well know the (audible) words out of my mouth when I clicked -

"Good golly, she's beautiful!"

I don't think it's the dress so much - you just look lovely and happy.

Btw, the bad lighting in the dressing room is an intricate part of the overall motivational experience. You wouldn't want to miss that part.
Whitlin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #40

Oh lord! Are you telling me they could get BIGGER?!?! That's it, I'm just going to fight menopause with everything I've got! I've never liked mine. It really is true that the grass is always greener. I sure wish there was a way to donate to the "less fortunate."

You absolutely need to wear the dress on your next cruise. And to a party. And to the grocery store! That's a dress that deserves to be seen.

Your son and husband are lookers for sure!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Yam Yam }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I know just what you mean. I took several days off because I'm just drifting along. I tried to get my mojo back adding DrK to JUDDD and it worked for a few days then I started gaining (talk about a demotivator!). I'm at a loss as to what to do right now to get motivated to stay on plan right now. I'll read through all the advice and hope I find something that inspires me. If not, I'll take it as it comes and go back to my turtle way of doing JUDDD. 1 lb a month is still better than going up. My fear of taking a break is I'll gain so I tend to jump from WOE to WOE.

On the plus side, I went to a picnic this weekend and 3 people asked what I'd done because I was looking different. Umm I lost 35 lbs since you last saw me? I also have a new hair cut? I did feel good and my knee isn't hurting anymore. I can go up and down the steps without putting both feet on each step before going to the next step. Shouldn't that be enough of a motivator?

I don't know why these slumps but I'm happy you're able to reach out and ask for help. I will certainly be helped by your willingness to do so. I have such a difficult time asking.

So thank you, I wish for you the success you're reaching for.

Big
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I'm looking for the full length shot but for now, here is the top part of the dress! It's actually a dress (sleeveless, floor length) and then the jacket of the same material with the fancy fringe. Not being a fashion designer I don't know what to call things. ha! Anyway, sorry I have to take a picture of the picture, but I don't own a scanner. It will probably be blurry when you click on it.
The dress is lovely and you look beautiful! WOW!
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:

Attachment 45542 Attachment 45543
Yam, you're just an all-out gorgeous woman with a family to match! You look perfect - AS IS.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have read this post three times already to soak it up. You have been a big inspiration to me from the get-go and I cannot tell you in words how much your faithfulness to encourage others and be a shining example means to me.

You have me thinking all kinds of good thoughts. Maybe my mind is actually transitioning from that frantic "gotta-get-it-done" mentality and urgency to a nice long slide into home base.

I had such a good scale number this morning I couldn't believe it! I think I exhaled yesterday after getting this burden of urgency off my chest. Not sure if that was it or my body was just ready to drop a bit. I've been bouncing between 187 and 189 and for the past week it's been more 189 ish. I was freaking out thinking I might go back into the 190s. After all this hard work I just can't let that happen!! This morning I dropped back down from 189 to 187 and felt such a sense of relief. I'm probably being a little nutso about this.

You mentioned my original goal being so close. For those who do not remember, I set that goal because I have pictures and videos from DS's wedding 9 years ago. I weighed 179-180. I can hardly believe how thin I looked. I was wearing a beautiful gold lame gown I bought at Nordstrom's. It is a 10-12. I set the goal of 180 because of those photos. (Remember, I'm tall with a large frame. Jorge Cruise and several other WL gurus have charts that say 178 is a healthy weight for a women of my age, frame and height).

Guess what?? I can easily slip into that dress right now!!!!! Must be the JUDD magic, huh? 'Cos I'm still 7 pounds over that weight. I am definitely going to wear that dress on my next cruise!! (Don't have a cruise date yet, but I'm excited about it!)

That should be a huge celebration and yet the number on the scale has been dictating how I feel.

I had my annual check up a few weeks ago and reported here about my great low BP, compliments from the doc and nurse and excellent blood work. Makes me wonder what I'm complaining about?

Oh yeah. It's that BMI charts still classify me as "overweight". Funny how some of them have different numbers. Wonder why that is? I think the last one I really studied has me at "normal" (whatever that is??? Just a setting on my dryer???) when I reach 169. 170 = overweight. 169=normal.

I saw a doctor on TV who was saying not to put too much faith in BMI charts because, at over 6 feet tall and weighing 198 he is considered obese. I wondered what BMI chart he has been looking at!! But, also got his point. He was so thin and healthy looking. Yet, everywhere you look people keep pointing to the stupid BMI charts. Maybe we don't have as much an obesity epidemic as we have a warped worship of the BMI. I'm hoping like lots of fads, it will eventually go the way of the D0-D0 bird.

This was a long way of saying thank you for giving me your time and insight once again. You are so generous with your time and wisdom. Love you, Juddie Buddie.
I love you too, YY. BMI charts be darned - they don't know all there is to know about you like you know. If you're healthy, feel good, and definitely lookin as good as you are, then make your future WL decisions on your own - without a chart overshadowing you. Be at peace, my bud.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 07-24-2012 at 07:00 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh lord! Are you telling me they could get BIGGER?!?! That's it, I'm just going to fight menopause with everything I've got! I've never liked mine. It really is true that the grass is always greener. I sure wish there was a way to donate to the "less fortunate."

You absolutely need to wear the dress on your next cruise. And to a party. And to the grocery store! That's a dress that deserves to be seen.

Seriously peeing my pants!!!! I would sooooooo be an "organs times 2" donor!!!!! Take them! they are YOURS!!!

OMGosh! I was a size AA then a happy B for many, many, many, many....ok. showing my age.......years. I cannot tell you how many friends and family asked me if I had implants when it first occurred. They (the girls) showed up while everything else was still skinny. It was bazaar. Of course, everything else eventually caught up. That su##ks. Carp!!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post

Btw, the bad lighting in the dressing room is an intricate part of the overall motivational experience. You wouldn't want to miss that part.
Ohhhhhhh.....it's motivational..... like the T. Robbins Fire walk, huh??????????: rofl: Forget about it! cut the lights already!!! I hate those lights!!! .....but thanks for sharing.....
Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

photo(2).jpg
Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

That's full length!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's full length!!!
Model-esque. You are a knock-out!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Model-esque. You are a knock-out!

Thank you, Love!!! That is/was? me. Well. IS!!! now!!! Thanks to JUDD and peeps like you!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
Very pretty, both the dress and you in it.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:59 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Yam-Yam, you look stunning. The dress is beautiful. The short hair is SO flattering to your lovely face! Based on those photos, you are bordering on skinny skinny skinny.

So, back when you wrote the 'Why you body wants a break...' thread, I was (of course) inspired to do a lot of research.

On several apparently legit websites I found discussions/studies that added up to:
1) During weight loss each body seems to have a genetic, pre-programmed order in which it releases fat. So, we see weird deflations - the girls go first (or last), legs get skinny while all other parts remain the same size, bottoms vanish while tummies sit, hips deflate while the waist just sits there, and a few lucky people lose inches all over at the same time.
2) After weight stabilizes (maintenance) each body has a genetic shape it rebuilds. So, weight remains stable but the girls plump back up some, or the legs ditto, hips re-inflate a bit while the waist shrinks, etc.

The various sites (no, I can't find them again just now - will keep looking) say it can take up to a year of maintaining before the body shape settles down to the pre-programmed, genetic shape.

Parts of the body inflating and deflating even after maintenance - well, it just comes natural to me to describe that as a herd of giggling, traveling, fat cells folding their tents, tip-toeing around at night, and building new encampments (say, on the bottom )

All of this is in absence of exercise - whereby we sometimes control those nomadic fat cells.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Yam Yam }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I know just what you mean. I took several days off because I'm just drifting along. I tried to get my mojo back adding DrK to JUDDD and it worked for a few days then I started gaining (talk about a demotivator!). I'm at a loss as to what to do right now to get motivated to stay on plan right now. I'll read through all the advice and hope I find something that inspires me. If not, I'll take it as it comes and go back to my turtle way of doing JUDDD. 1 lb a month is still better than going up. My fear of taking a break is I'll gain so I tend to jump from WOE to WOE.

On the plus side, I went to a picnic this weekend and 3 people asked what I'd done because I was looking different. Umm I lost 35 lbs since you last saw me? I also have a new hair cut? I did feel good and my knee isn't hurting anymore. I can go up and down the steps without putting both feet on each step before going to the next step. Shouldn't that be enough of a motivator?

I don't know why these slumps but I'm happy you're able to reach out and ask for help. I will certainly be helped by your willingness to do so. I have such a difficult time asking.

So thank you, I wish for you the success you're reaching for.

Big
O: Big to you. Congrats on the 35 pounds gone! That is awesome! And, people are noticing, see? I hope you read Nancy's post (I'm going to comment to her on it in a minute). It encouraged me that maybe my body is just not ready to let go of more fat right now. I'm going to take the advice about letting go of the urgency and not stressing. I'm going to do my rotations. On DD when I can, I'm going to stick to 20%. However, I'm going to tell myself that I can eat all the way up to maintenance if I really need to. I'm going to put one foot in front of the other and I'm going to celebrate my good health, both mentally and physically. I'm going to celebrate my 42 pound loss and embrace the turtle life style.

BTW: I love your avatar. It makes me happy every time I look at it! I suggest you take time to smell the roses and celebrate your 35 pound loss. What an accomplishment that is! Aren't we great??

I will keep encouraging you and you keep encouraging me. We will keep these pounds off, keep the sirtuins flowing for health and wellness, and slowly we will keep losing more.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:

Roflol! I seriously thought this EXACT same thing when I looked at the picture.

You look stunning in that dress YY. It suits you so well, and you are gorgeous in it. I can see it being one of those things that just makes you FEEL pretty wearing it. And that shows as well.

I think your plan is a good one, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if your relaxed attitude leads to continued weight loss just as it did for others who took a "maintenance" break.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Yam-Yam, you look stunning. The dress is beautiful. The short hair is SO flattering to your lovely face! Based on those photos, you are bordering on skinny skinny skinny.

So, back when you wrote the 'Why you body wants a break...' thread, I was (of course) inspired to do a lot of research.

On several apparently legit websites I found discussions/studies that added up to:
1) During weight loss each body seems to have a genetic, pre-programmed order in which it releases fat. So, we see weird deflations - the girls go first (or last), legs get skinny while all other parts remain the same size, bottoms vanish while tummies sit, hips deflate while the waist just sits there, and a few lucky people lose inches all over at the same time.
2) After weight stabilizes (maintenance) each body has a genetic shape it rebuilds. So, weight remains stable but the girls plump back up some, or the legs ditto, hips re-inflate a bit while the waist shrinks, etc.

The various sites (no, I can't find them again just now - will keep looking) say it can take up to a year of maintaining before the body shape settles down to the pre-programmed, genetic shape.

Parts of the body inflating and deflating even after maintenance - well, it just comes natural to me to describe that as a herd of giggling, traveling, fat cells folding their tents, tip-toeing around at night, and building new encampments (say, on the bottom )

All of this is in absence of exercise - whereby we sometimes control those nomadic fat cells.
Nancy: Thanks for the visual of the giggling fat cells folding their tents and re-locating. I like how your mind works.

Don't worry about finding those articles. Your description was just great.

I have always known that I gain and lose evenly all over. That is great sometimes and not so great sometimes. When people like me gain evenly, all over, we can fool ourselves into thinking we look OK since we are in proportion.

When I'm losing, like now, I lose inches all over. I could measure anywhere and I'd see losses.

In my 20's my 3 main measurements were 36-26-36. At my very heaviest last year I was 46-36-46. I can always remember those numbers because they are easy to remember.

JUDD seems to be eliminating my fat faster than any other WOE I've ever done. On LC, I lost on the scale but it took a long time for my clothing sizes to go down. Within a couple of weeks after starting JUDD rotations, I started shrinking fast but the loss on the scale slowed down.

I'm pretty sure I would rather look good than see a certain number on the scale.

My doctors have always told me I "carry my weight well" because they can't believe how much I weigh compared to how I look. Maybe I have really heavy, heavy bones? I do know I'm muscular and by all tests I am large framed. I have broad shoulders and size 11 narrow feet.

My DD is shorter than me at 5'4" but she also carries her weight well. No one would ever believe what she weighs because she looks thin. That part is a blessing.

Thanks again for explaining that to me. I love learning new things and you make everything so fun!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Don't know how I missed this post, but I soooooooo relate to it!! When I started I felt DRIVEN with intensity and being perfect at this was foremost on my mind. As the months went by, I found my intensity was exhausting. I was reading reading reading everything I could and putting 100% of my body and soul into this.

Mind you, I am far far from my goal at this point, but I had to do some soul searching. For me, maintaining the losses is the key to the whole weight loss gain. I have lost hundreds of pounds in my lifetime weight loss journey, but have not kept it off. So I made the really big decision to give myself a bit of a rest from my own self-driven intensity and work on maintaining what I have achieved so far for awhile. Yam-Yam- it feels good. It really feels good to rest the intensity for awhile. I am finding my drive is starting to return again and in good time I will get into the weight loss mode again, but I don't think I am going to allow myself to get that intense again. It is a hard feeling for me to describe, other than INTENSE!

Many people say this isn't a race, but in the back of my mind I was always saying, well it is to me. I want to get to onederland with an intense desperation because it represents something huge to me. Like I said, I really had to soul search on this. I know that I need to let go of the thought that this IS a race and find a more peaceful journey. Racing is not peaceful.

You have worked hard and had stunning results. All the scale and NSV's are truly a victory. You look fantastic. Taking a break from the urgency is a good thing in my book. I love the image of a joyful journey. You are awesome.

Last edited by sungoddess; 07-29-2012 at 08:33 AM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #57

Beverly, you and I are so on the same wavelength. This is exactly how I felt, and to describe the feeling of letting go and allowing myself to maintain for a bit, was just as intense, but in another way. It was an intense relief. I don't think we're designed to be under a constant state of pressure, and once that pressure is released and we're able to breath for a bit, it's a natural progression to go back to WLM refreshed and rejuvinated, but more relaxed. That's, at least, been my experience, and I wish the same for you.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Beverly, you and I are so on the same wavelength. This is exactly how I felt, and to describe the feeling of letting go and allowing myself to maintain for a bit, was just as intense, but in another way. It was an intense relief. I don't think we're designed to be under a constant state of pressure, and once that pressure is released and we're able to breath for a bit, it's a natural progression to go back to WLM refreshed and rejuvinated, but more relaxed. That's, at least, been my experience, and I wish the same for you.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
This is a great thread! Yam Yam, I'm the same height as you and also in my 50s. Like you, I have asked myself this same question. As our JUDDD BUDDDs have responded, our motivation typically is around wearing smaller sized clothes.

For me, it's also that I've been smaller after HCG and I know that my body can get there. I don't discount the major fact that it took me 50 years to get where I am, in terms of learning about food, healthy eating, what works for me and what doesn't, my triggers, etc. I know that it takes time to correct all of that, and that it won't happen overnight. So, I'm being gentle with myself and allowing the learning process to happen. I'm four years into this and I've come very far. I appreciate that about myself.

So, give yourself a pat on the back for asking the question. You're in a different place now. Perhaps a break is good. And, I bet you will make better choices now than you would have years ago. Perhaps you keep going and find your motivation. And you get closer to your goal. It's all good, no matter what you do. Remember that you are a better you now and there is no wrong or bad answer to the question.
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
You look fabulous. I can see it would be hard to get really motivated to lose further. Just go with how your body feels and if you are happy.

I got to my mid-term goal and looked ok for my special date but now it's all slipped. I really want to get back to full on JUDDD and get down to my final weight goal but I'm one of the ones who needs a real deadline.

The closer you get to goal the less the urgency. Old clothes fit, your health is no longer compromised.

The best I can come up with is inventing a perfectionist alter ego boot camp fiend to push you.