Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
way off course

I am so upset. I somehow got really off course starting May 29th. I took the week off from work and somehow it turned out to a week off from JUDD. Didn't really eat that much, but did have beer every day. So a bit of a gain. Could have been water weight. So I figure the next week I will kick back into gear with JUDD and be back on track. But it didn't really turn out that way. And here it is 3 weeks later and I am still off course. I about got back to my weight of before May 29 but I just can't seem to quite get back on track. So this weekend was more of the same.

Tomorrow I will be having a DD and get back into it. Very clean eating. Counting all calories, low carb. I think I need 2 or 3 weeks of clean eating and counting calories to get back into mode. And I don't feel good. Bloated, and icky.

I am so anxious to get back into JUDD and feel skinny and feel well again. I was doing so well and it is shocking how fast things can get off track. Hopefully with a couple of weeks I can be back to where I was.

Why would I do this to myself? ugh. Has this happened to anyone else? I have been so proud of myself and can't believe I let myself go. Maybe I just needed a kick to tell me that this is a life long endeavor and I need to keep on top of things.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Hi, sherrymyra!

Knowing that you will have a clean-eating DD tomorrow, I predict you will be feeling much better, with less bloating, and that within a few DDs you will have great scale numbers to give you even more incentive! Just start from where you are and enjoy feeling "skinny and well again". Best wishes.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for replying. I think I just needed some affirmation that I can do this and feel better again. It is really depressing that things can take a turn for the worse so fast and it just gets out of control.

I am going to be diligent about this. I feel better in my mind already but hopefully the body part gets better soon too. Eating healthy sounds pretty good right now.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Glad you're back!

When I get off-track with JUDDD I stick to at least some sort of IF (intermittent fasting).
I pick one meal to be my "big meal" of the day, and skip the other two or have only a couple hundred calories at those meals.

Like--big brunch, dinner of Down Day type foods.

Or--no breakfast, eat/drink within a pre-determined window of time at a party/BBQ (say 3-8pm), no dinner
(or something like a cup of broth, iced decaf coffee with light cream, couple of SF popsicles).

Today what I did was--no breakfast, 2pm lunch was 200-calorie turkey & mustard sandwich & some raw veggies,
8pm dinner was Ital sausage with a small serving of pasta & homemade Alfredo sauce.
10pm had a small cinnamon roll that I have been trying to ignore for 3 days, lol.

In other words, although I am very disobedient about counting calories and keeping to my JUDDD rotations ,
I haven't had a *single* day with 3 (or even 2) free-for-all meals since I decided to be an IFer back in October '11.

I don't recommend this for weight loss but it works to keep me eating mindfully
while enjoying something I really want a few times a week so I don't give up (like I did with WW and LC).
No day is ever "ruined". I don't feel guilty; I own my decisions and look forward to the next day!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 07-22-2012 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: punctuation
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:34 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Welcome back Sherryma!

You CAN do this. You really can. Give yourself a slot of time and re-read postings that motivated you last May. Have a good, clean DD and keep reminding yourself how good you are going to feel again.

I went pretty much off track while on a two week vacation last May. And I found returning to the rotation felt very, very good.

Today you take back control of your own life. Treat it like your very first DD. Maybe you will be hungry, maybe you won't. Plan it and, if you are hungry allow yourself a few extra calories, 50 at a time. Plan tomorrow's UD and live that plan, first like it is your first UD.

All is well. Don't worry about the past. Move forward. You can do this.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:59 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
back Sherryma! Don't feel bad! You have already taken the first step to feeling better, you can do this!
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:38 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Wonderful thoughts above. I just want to add a welcome. My guess is that your first DD back will be a relief.
We're all here to support you and cheer you on. Glad to have you here.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome back. You can do this!

If you've been eating trigger foods, cutting them out may be hard for a couple of days. If you know this, and are prepared with some acceptable alternatives, it can help you through that 'detox'.

Think of yourself back in 'induction' as you restart. And def check in here often for encouragement to keep going.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Back.. you will soon be feeling so much better once you back into the rotations I am glad that you at least enjoyed life durring that week off..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
Start Date: June 2013
Hi!

I am still a newbie here, but I know these good people are right. A good DD will make you feel much better Don't look back just forward. Someone here wrote "fall seven times get up eight", I really like that one Don't feel bad, get through your DD and I bet you will be good as new
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl44 View Post
I am still a newbie here, but I know these good people are right. A good DD will make you feel much better Don't look back just forward. Someone here wrote "fall seven times get up eight", I really like that one Don't feel bad, get through your DD and I bet you will be good as new
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

One DD behind me. Looking forward to my UD tomorrow. Nice clean eating and counting my calories.

Looking back now I see some mistakes I was turning to. I hadn't been eating real food. By that I mean for a couple of things, I was eating too many tortilla chips and baked goods. No sugar or flour in the baked goods but still not the best food choices. Everything in moderation maybe but I have to admit I ate about 3 bags of those chips in the last couple of weeks. What was I thinking. A few chips here, a few chips there and I was deluding myself that I wasn't eating that many.

So I think I have a plan of action and hopefully can get back where I was.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Great to see you back with us, Sherry. Don't be hard on yourself. Any one of us can see ourselves here in your post. You're back on your way now to where you wanna go and that's the main thing - keep looking ahead and you'll get there. We're here to support you, my bud.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:45 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
What Sophie said.

And, you are doing absolutely the right thing! Look back over the experience and learn from it. Ask yourself why it happened. Ask yourself whether eating helped. Think about what you ate.

Perfect, lady! Life happens. JUDDD welcomes you back with a big smile and open arms...and a fast return to sirtuin heaven.

Now, have a great UD!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I'm on my way I guess. lol. DD tomorrow.

Hopefully I can get back where I was within a couple of weeks.

I actually feel good about getting back into routine. I really forgot about eating right. Back to meat and veggies as mainstays. It's amazing how many chips and spoons of peanutbutter a person can eat while it's just a bit here and there. And drinking beer doesn't help either.